Growing closer- Part 2.

Unrequited Love

" You-" Jinyoung stops as he gazes into Ah-ra's eyes as if trying to find the answer in her clear-looking eyes.

" Don't worry. I won't tell anybody. Not even Shinwoo oppa. While you were looking for the peanuts in your bag, I accidentally saw Dal-rae's onni picture embedded in the inner skin of your bag. That's very sweet of you..." Ah-ra smiles as she slowly strolls away from Jinyoung.

" Yah! Shin Ah-ra! Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Jinyoung immediately stands up and follows her from the back.

" I'm not sure either? It's not wrong to like someone right? What's wrong with you liking my sister? You should have told me earlier on, ah... I'm the slow one. The first day of school when I saw you and Dal-rae onni...I should have known...right? Is that what you're trying to say?" Ah-ra blankly ruffles her hair to the back and pushes her hair into a ponytail.

" It's not it... I don't have any feelings for your sister. She's only a friend of mine." Jinyoung stops in his tracks as he utters those words to Ah-ra who was standing infront of him.

Ah-ra turns around as she raises her eyebrows, if it wasn't infatuation...what was it? 

" I told you! You're exactly like my bodyguard! ert! Who keeps a picture of a girl in their bag?!" Ah-ra screams as she runs away from him.

" Yah! You! I'm not a ert! Stop there!" Jinyoung bit his lips as he slightly turns his body to look around if anybody was looking. Apparently, all of his fan girls were watching. They were Dal-rae's close friends.

* Group of girls whispering to each other *

" That girl is seriously getting on my nerves. And that Jinyoung... is he cheating on our best friend?!" Dal-rae's best friend, Eunbi bit her lips as she observes Jinyoung.

" I'm not sure. Nobody knows about Dal-rae and Jinyoung except for us... We definitely have to teach this little girl a lesson." Su-jung, also Dal-rae's friend clenches her fist as she declares war against Ah-ra.

* Ah-ra and Jinyoung walking towards the cafeteria * 

" Why are we walking here? Where are you going? Yah. Yah. Yah." Jinyoung tries to breathe as he chases after Ah-ra.

" Haish! Why are you so noisy? I didn't even asked you to follow me around. Don't you see where I'm going? You've been in this school for three years and you don't know?! Duh, I'm like going to jump off the roof..." Ah-ra sarcastically turns around as she folds her arms, annoyed by Jinyoung's actions.

Jinyoung surveys his surroundings as he listens to Ah-ra's outburst, he finally realises that they were heading to the cafeteria. With an awkward smile, he places his hands on his head and walks ahead of Ah-ra. 

* Both reaches the cafeteria and sits down after ordering their food *

Jinyoung eyes Ah-ra who was now picking up the sandwich into . Carefully, he also picked up his sandwich and tore it into two pieces. With both of his hands, he started to eat. It was a habit that was hard to control, ever since Dal-rae told him that he was too skinny, he had decided to embark on a journey on his own to gain weight. So he unknowingly starts to stuff himself with the sandwich using both of his hands.

" Oppa." Ah-ra's jaw literally drops as she sees Jinyoung eating the sandwich with both of his hands. She places her sandwich back on to her white plate.

Jinyoung chews on his food as he widens his eyes to respond to Ah-ra who was calling him.

" Eat...slowly. You'll choke..." Ah-ra whispers as she reaches for the half-sandwich that was on his left hand and places it back on to his plate.

" Thanks..." Jinyoung swallows his food and pitifully leans his body on the chair as he stares at Ah-ra.

" What? Is there something on my face?" Ah-ra questions him as she wipes with her own sleeve.

" Another bad habit of yours. Wiping your mouth with your sleeves. You didn't change a single bit, don't you know that?" Jinyoung laughs as he took another bite on his sandwich.

" Well, at least I'm starting to learn your bad habits too...haha... Oppa, can I ask you a question?" Ah-ra chuckles as she questions Jinyoung.

" What is it?" Jinyoung was now focusing on the sandwich on the plate.

" Why do you act so cold towards others?" Ah-ra curiously asks him as she took another bite off her sandwich.

This question left Jinyoung searching for the answer, he clearly knew it. However, how was he going to explain to her? Everything that he was doing and acting like he was now was because of Dal-rae. He was too used to do everything for her, being cold and avoiding girls was a way that would avoid making Dal-rae jealous and he was only for her. Jinyoung gazes into Ah-ra's eyes as if to transfer the answer through telepathy. 

" Oppa?" Ah-ra waves at Jinyoung as she calls out for him.

" Oh? That's a difficult question...Let's talk about something else... How is Shinwoo hyung doing? Good?" Jinyoung changes topic as he avoids Ah-ra's eyes.

* Ah-ra and Jinyoung continued chatting *

--------------------------------------

" Haha...Lee Sandeul...you really have an explosive voice..." Hea-Jung blushes as she covers her face with her book.

" Thanks. Hopefully, I will do some good for your group...although this is too sudden..." Sandeul smiles as he replies Hea-Jung.

Sandeul frowns as he watches Ah-ra walking off with Jinyoung towards the cafeteria. He was just about to enjoy her company for the day...but ends up getting thrown away into another group. Jinyoung's excuse was because Hea-Jung's group needed a vocalist for the project and since Kwang-ho was in his group, he ( Sandeul ) was no longer needed. 

" Sandeul-ah...is Ah-ra your girlfriend? I see the two of you are sporting couple rings..." Hea-Jung curiously asks Sandeul as she watches him eye Jinyoung and Ah-ra.

" Of course, she's my girlfriend. Cute isn't she? Hea-Jung sshi..no offence...but it bothers me when you sit beside me. Ah-ra would feel left out if I'm not by her side. Furthermore, now that I'm not in the same group as her, I would appreciate it if you moved to another seat...Sorry.." Sandeul out of the blue utters those words to Hea-Jung. As if he really meant them.

" I understand... Haha...Lee Sandeul, I'll go to the music lab first... We still have an hour more till class starts. Hwaiting!" Hea-Jung forces a laugh as she head straight for class. 

Sandeul who was now alone by the bench gave a loud sigh. He was alone, bored and cold. Even Gongchan who was at the other end was happily dancing like a mad person as he chills with his other group members, Kwang-ho and Jung-woo. Even Ah-ra was now with Jinyoung, probably eating already.

" Jagiya...I miss you." Sandeul whispers to himself as he brings his head to the bench table.

* Sandeul's phone vibrates. A call was waiting for him. *

Sandeul: Hello?

Dal-rae: Junghw-...Sandeul-ah. Where are you? It's your break time right?

Sandeul: Yeah...why?

Dal-rae: I'm alone right now...near the dance faculty classroom. I felt like talking to you...that's all.

Sandeul: Ok...can you tell me exactly where you are and how do I get there?

Dal-rae: Just walk towards the dance faculty building. You'll see, it's the third classroom from the left when you walk through the corridor.

Sandeul: I'll be there soon, see you Noona. I'll put down now.

* Hangs up the call *

Sandeul ends the call and swiftly heads to the place that Dal-rae was at. He was a little bit nervous to see her after yesterday's incident, he was crying and he must have looked pretty bad. Sandeul rubs his eyes again as he walks to the unfamiliar place.

* 10 minutes later. *

" Noona?" Sandeul peeks into the classroom window and sees Dal-rae sitting on one of the tables.

Dal-rae signals to him to come in with a smile. Her face was pale and again she appeared to be unusually sad today. Sandeul approaches her and quietly sat next to the seat beside her without facing her. 

" The classroom looks as if nobody ever uses it..." Sandeul comments as he wipes of the dust on the table.

" This is why they call it the dancing faculty. We rarely utilize the classroom, we spend most of our time in the dancing studio." Dal-rae laughs as she explains to Sandeul.

" Noona...are you alright? You look sad today..." Sandeul gathered the courage to turn to his side to face Dal-rae.

" I'm alright... I've been thinking too much that's why... Sandeul-ah...I have a question..." Dal-rae also turns to her side as she talks to him.

" Oh..What question?" Sandeul sweetly smiled at her as he earnestly looked into her eyes.

" Ah-ra...and you...is it really..." before Dal-rae could even finish, Sandeul coughs.

" Noona... it's because of Ah-ra that I finally got to get in contact with you. Thanks to her. I really lik-" Sandeul who was explaining himself was all of a sudden interrupted.

" Good! That's a total relief...You can't love Ah-ra..." Dal-rae heaves a sigh of relief as she gazes into Sandeul's doe-eyed eyes.

" Why?" Sandeul questions her as he searched for the answer in her eyes.

" I have business to do with the Shin's and you will help me with that. I'm sure your purpose is to bring the Shin's down too right? It was because of them that your dad committed suicide, and you ended up living in poverty...right?" Dal-rae held on to his shoulders as she uttered those words.

" How did you know? Noona..." Sandeul tries to control the tears in his eyes as he hears those words coming out from her own mouth.

" Although I was only six then... I still remembered the image of leaving you and your Omma behind... At the age of sixteen, I tried to find the both of you, but to no avail... After gathering news around the old neighbourhood, the only news that I was left with was that your dad had committed suicide and you and Omma had moved out." Dal-rae finally got to explain part of her story to him.

Sandeul bit his tongue, how was he going to explain to Dal-rae that it was her own father that had committed suicide and that he was her real half-sibling. The fact that Dal-rae doesn't know that the woman she was living with and calling "mother" was indeed her own mother. That makes her Ah-ra's half-sibling as well.

" Sandeul-ah. Don't worry. We're going to live a happy life after this. You won't suffer on you own anymore...I promise." Dal-rae grabs his hands as she pinky promises him.

----------------------------------------------------

* Five hours later * * End of school *

Jinyoung yawns as he turns to look at Ah-ra who was still busy organising the chords for the song that she was composing. 

" Not going home?" Jinyoung taps Ah-ra's shoulders as he stands up to stretch.

" Ok. Done! Oppa! I think I have to rush home today, Shinwoo oppa is so going to beat me up..." Ah-ra hurriedly packs her bag as she speaks.

" Chill. Let's go together...I have to meet Shinwoo hyung also." Jinyoung also starts to pack up as he utters those words.

" Ah-ra!" Sandeul raises his voice at her as he tries to grab her attention.

" What?" Ah-ra turns to look at the back as she bends down to pack her things.

" I can't go home with you today. I think I'll accompany Gongchan home lest he becomes upset again...is that alright with you?" Sandeul whispers to her as he cautiously looks at Gongchan.

* Ah-ra nods her head *

" Ok. Gongchan, let's go. Should we go eat first before heading home? I'm hungry!" Sandeul laughs as he grabs Gongchan by the shoulder.

" Fatty... Sure. My feels are pointing out to me SPICY food!" Gongchan chuckles as he pushes Sandeul to the side.

* Gongchan and Sandeul goes home together *

Jinyoung slings his bag on his right shoulder, Ah-ra was just about to carry her bag when Jinyoung comes to the rescue and grabs her bag. He easily places her bag on his left shoulder. This time she didn't resist it, she was too tired to argue. 

" Tired?" Jinyoung questions her as he carries her bag.

" Ya...very. I'm not sure why but I'm looking forward to see Cha Baro with the car waiting for me." Ah-ra laughs as she rubs her weary eyes.

" Haha...that's a rare sight. You're always energetic. Since when did you start calling him Baro? Isn't his name Sunwoo?" Jinyoung was curious to how Ah-ra was calling her bodyguard by his pet name.

" He is Sandeul's best friend. Wah...the breeze...it's so nice. Better than last night. The temperature is starting to gradually increase. Spring is finally coming..." Ah-ra spins around as she enjoyed the fresh air.

Jinyoung grins as he too appreciated the favorable weather. Their footsteps started to match one another as they walked towards the main entrance. Click-clack their shoes went, matching the rhythm....

" Ahgasshi! Here!" Baro yells at Ah-ra as he waves crazily at her.

" Yes! Oppa, let's go. I'll introduce to you my annoying bodyguard..." Ah-ra laughs as she excitedly runs towards Baro.

Baro laughs to himself as he sees Ah-ra running towards him. She really resembled Yoonji a lot. When Yoonji was in third grade, without failure he would always fetch her home since both of their parents were too busy with work. Whenever he fetches her, she would be screaming for him and running towards him with an excited expression on her face. The same expression that was now on Ah-ra's face.

" Ahgasshi. You seem to be very happy to see me." Baro jokes as he opens the car door for her.

" You have no idea how happy I am to see you... Jinyoung oppa...oh. Where is he?" Ah-ra laughs at Baro and as she was about to introduce Jinyoung to her bodyguard, he was out of sight.

Ah-ra runs back to find Jinyoung. She turns around and there he was! Hiding his face behind the gate, hoping that no one was going to see his skinny body. Ah-ra sneakily goes up behind him and gently taps him on the shoulder.

" Oppa...why are you hiding here?" Ah-ra folds her arms.

" Nothing. Just playing a fool... Let's go." Jinyoung bit his lips as he tries very hard not to look at Baro.

" Baro...this is my friend. Jinyoung. Jinyoung oppa, meet Baro. He's the ert that I was talking about." Ah-ra laughs as she calmly enters the car.

" Hyung-nim. Good evening. Nice to see you again." Baro formally greets him and shakes his hand.

" Oh. Ok. Nice to 'see' you again. " Jinyoung showed his gums and without delay rushes in into the car.

* Baro starts driving *

* Arrives at Ah-ra's house *

Ah-ra without hesitating runs towards the door of her mansionette house. Without even knocking, she punches in the passcode and unlocks the door. There it was, the presence that had been waiting for her since last night. Her brother.

" Oppa..." Ah-ra slightly grins as she scratches her head.

" You...you're dead meat." Shinwoo makes his best effort to show his scary face and at the same time made the 'dead meat' gesture across his neck.

" Hyung! I'm here!" Jinyoung also comes running into the house and the sight infront of him was too much for him to take it. He bursts into laughters.