Change of mind.

Unrequited Love

" Shin Dal-rae! I'm going to kill you when I break this door open!" Shinwoo runs down to the store room as he goes to find something.

* Back to Dal-rae and Ah-ra *

Using her last force of strength, Dal-rae pushes Ah-ra to the floor as she waits for the bath tub to fill up. 

" Onni! What are you doing?!" crystal clear tears starts to drop from her eyes as she gazes into her sister's furious eyes.

Without saying anything, Dal-rae using both of her hands catches hold of the necklace that was around Ah-ra's neck. The necklace that once belonged to her. 

" I endured...and endured...but not anymore! Why are you always the nice and innocent one! Why do I have to always act...to get what I want... Didn't you promise that I could have everything that you owned?! Why are you always taking the things that I love..." Dal-rae cries as she hits her little's sister fragile body.

" Let me go! You're scaring me! Onni! Why are you like this?!" Ah-ra cries as she tries to push her sister away.

Dal-rae snatches the necklace from her little sister's neck and proceeds to grab her by the hand and nudges her into the bathtub. With every precious seconds that she had in her hands, Dal-rae held on to Ah-ra's slim shoulders and pushes her down in the water. Her little sister's head was now submerged in the water, her legs were kicking furiously against the bathtub, she was struggling to breathe.

The water pushed down on Ah-ra from all sides. The more she struggled, the more perplexed she got. Her lungs burned for fresh air, still although she was still submerged, she still took a breath. Cold water filled her now weak lungs and blood pounded against her heart. Darkness was starting to engulf her, fear was starting to overtake her. 

" I don't want to die...," those thoughts ran through Ah-ra's head as she reaches out for her sister with her hands. 

Dal-rae finally lets go of Ah-ra and in a moment of shock, collapses to the floor. Finally realizing the damaged she had done. She could hear the frantic dismantling of the door, the urgent kicking on the door. Every thump that the door made, made her heart race in fear. 

" No. No. No..." Shinwoo repeats those words as after hammering down the door knob and lock. 

Shinwoo finally got into position, he knew that there was no way he was going to break down the door with his shoulders. He quickly analyses the bathroom door and swiftly kicks near the door lock. The wood began to splinter and the door hinges began to gave way.

" One final kick!" Shinwoo drives his standing foot into the ground and gave the final blow to the door.

* Bam! *

" Who are you trying to kill?! Are you crazy?! Have you gone nuts?!" Shinwoo grabs Dal-rae by the collar as he shakes her repeatedly.

" I hate you! I hate the both of you! Why not just kill me?! Kill me! Everybody hates me anyway... I've never loved him, but hearing those words coming out from him even..." before Dal-rae could even continue, Shinwoo immediately drags her out of the bathroom.

" I would have killed you with my own hands years ago. Enough is enough! The both of you! Even Ah-ra! I'm not scolding you because I hate you! I'm not doing this because I hate you... I will try my best to be a good brother for you and her...why can't you just get it? Why must you drag her into your own misery? Why are you making yourself into a pitiful person?" Shinwoo scoffs her and didn't waste any time to rush to Ah-ra's aid.

With the little strength that she was left with, Ah-ra climbs out of the bathtub as she vomits out the water. It was really a bitter feeling.

" I almost died. I'm alright." Ah-ra utters those words as she hurriedly stands up.

" Yah! Acting brave is a problem! The both of you! I've had enough, tomorrow the both of you are going to get it from me." Shinwoo grabs hold of Ah-ra's hands and rushes off to her room.

* Ah-ra's room *

Shinwoo hecticly tries to find a towel for his little sister. Searching each drawer like a mad person and slamming the drawers one by one in his search for a towel to cover his little sister with. Finally, after searching for it in the lower drawer, he got the towel. Like a mad person, he rushes to her and covers her now shivering body with the towel.

" You must be cold...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." Shinwoo embraces his little sister in his arms.

" Oppa... I want to be alone for the mean time..." Ah-ra removes herself from her brother and proceeds to the balcony.

Shinwoo regretfully looks at her as she walks towards the balcony. 

" You're really growned up now... instead of complaining and whining... you're walking away..." Shinwoo turns to leave his little sister alone.

He then proceeds to Dal-rae's room with a first-aid kit. She was crying in the corner with a necklace in her hands.

" Here," Shinwoo reluctantly passes the first-aid box to her for her to tend to her own injuries.

" Oppa... You still hate me right?" Dal-rae turns to him as tears starts to fill her eyes again.

" I'm not going to think about anything. It's cold, change into some warm clothings..." Shinwoo softly utters those words as he turns his back against Dal-rae.

-----------------------------------------------

* Loud music playing in the background *

" Yah! Jung Jinyoung! Where have you been? You're lucky that you're here today. About yesterday, I've got information about the Shin's..." the unknown burly man grabs Jinyoung by the shoulder as he cheerfully greets him.

" Jae-jin Hyung! That's good. We have to go to a quieter place." Jinyoung drags the man out of the club and the both of them heads to the alley behind the club.

" Here. You should read it." Jae-jin, a friend of Jinyoung passes the envelope to him.

" Thanks..." Jinyoung calmly tears the envelope open and proceeds to squat to read.

Jinyoung's eyes frantically reads the news paper article and also the details that were left behind by the person that he had instructed to get information from.

" Lee Jung Shin. Committed suicide...umm..what is it. Ah! Here, died because of...debts...fraud. Left behind a son, daughter and a wife. Lee Junghwan, Lee Dal-rae...Lee Dal-rae?! No no...must have read it wrongly..." Jinyoung bit his lips as he re-read the whole article.

" Yah! Are you stupid? It's obviously written there, Lee Dal-rae... An inside source has it that, she's the lovechild of Lee Jung Shin and the wife of his best friend!" Jae-jin exerts force against Jinyoung's head with his finger.

" Hyung? Are you sure? Are your sources accurate?" Jinyoung frowns as he stares into the paper with a picture of the Lee's in it.

" You know, your father knows the best. He was the chaeffeur for the Shin's. He must have known something about this right?"

" Hmm...you're right. Thanks for the great information! I have to rush home now...my dad is going to kill me if I don't get home today..." Jinyoung waves as he chirpily rushes home.

The chill of winter was finally cooling down, spring was coming. That made Jinyoung feel blissful. However, after getting some new information from his good friend Jae-jin who was a private investigator, his mind just couldn't rest. Whether, he should bring up the topic to his father or whether he should just leave the matter alone. Even the thought of Lee Sandeul bothered him.

" Eh... it can't possibly be that way... the Shin's are such great people... must been some stupid rumor going on...after all Dal-rae even told me she was adopted, she can't possibly lie about that too right?" Jinyoung rubs his forehead as he walks home.

* 30 minutes later *

" Have you eaten? Stop staring into space and sit down to eat..." Jinyoung's father prepared the table for the both of them to eat dinner.

" Oh...I ate a bit just now... Appa. Can I ask you something pertaining the Shin's?" Jinyoung sneakily goes up to the table as he questions his father.

" What is it? Don't be so sneaky, Shinwoo already told me about you and Ah-ra. That's not a good thing. Next time, don't do it again. A girl and a boy should never be left alone." Mr Jung began to nag at Jinyoung.

" Appa! Don't you trust me? Ok, back to the question. Remember, during the dinner where you discussed about my engagement with Ah-ra? Dal-rae, she's a friend of mine in school. I don't remember seeing her during my childhood days with Shinwoo and Ah-ra. Was she adopted or-" Jinyoung starts to ramble but was cutted off by his father.

" She's adopted. I didn't know about her either until we came back to Korea. Now go to your room if you don't have a good question." Mr Jung immediately sat down and ate his dinner without entertaining his son further.

" Pfft...it was just a question...don't have to be so uptight about it..." Jinyoung blows his fringe upwards as he stomps to his room.

Jinyoung jumps on to his soft bed and let out a huge sigh. 

" What a tiring day...wonder what Ah-ra is doing... Woah, 9pm already...that's fast. Let me just give her a call..." Jinyoung utters those words as he places the phone on his ears.

Jinyoung: Hello? Ah-ra! I'm home!

Ah-ra: What is it...

Jinyoung: What's wrong? Are you alright? You sound bad.

Ah-ra: Oppa... Can I not cry?

Jinyoung: If you don't cry...you'll think about it again...what's bothering you?

Ah-ra: I fought with my sister. Ridiculous isn't it...

Jinyoung: Wait...what?! Tell me about it... 

* Ah-ra and Jinyoung on the phone *

Jinyoung listens to Ah-ra and turns his body around to face his study table. Hearing her sob made him feel bad, he must have triggered Dal-rae. Although, Ah-ra only told him it was just a fight, he knew that it must have been a major one. 

" It's all my fault. What can I do to cheer her up?" he thought to himself.

-----------------------------

" Why isn't she picking up? The line has been busy for the past thirty minutes..." Sandeul bit his lips as he places his guitar down on the couch.

Feeling frustrated, he headed outside his house to enjoy the fresh air. Ah-ra hasn't been picking up his calls for the past half an hour, he was becoming more worried and anxious. 

" Lee Sandeul!" Baro waves at him as he rushes up the stairs.

" Oh? Baro-yah... you just came back..." Sandeul was a bit taken aback by Baro's sudden presence.

" Aha...today Ahgasshi was feeling tired, so I drove her back home. I had to park the car and take the public transport home...ah... so tired..." Baro laughs as he hits Sandeul on the back.

" Baro... I'm sorry for being weird for the past few weeks... I must have been possessed for acting that way..." Sandeul sighs as he looks away from Baro.

" Babo! You finally realize it? What? Now...don't tell me..." Baro hits Sandeul on the shoulder and carefully observes his face.

" I-I think... I might just like her... Baro-yah, sorry..." Sandeul bit his lips as he gazes into his best friend's eyes.

" Haha! This is the Lee Sandeul that I know! Ah...why are you even saying sorry for? Oh? Good...good. Now I don't have to worry so much...yah. I even almost pulled a gun at you. Sandeul-ah, what made you change your mind?" Baro hysterically chuckles as he grabs Sandeul's shoulders.

" It was only last night when I held the knife against her, did I realise that I was crazy for a moment...After seeing Dal-rae yesterday and today especially... I changed my mind. I missed Ah-ra. She was always next to me and the next moment, she's always with Jinyoung sunbaenim... I felt jealous." Sandeul pouts as he pours his true feelings to Baro.

" Your sister...she must have convinced you right? To stop? That's fortunate...phew...now you can continue to love Ah-ra properly." Baro heaves a sigh of relief as he hears those words.

" I can't love Ah-ra. I have to help my sister. At first, after walking together to school with Ah-ra, I changed my mind to not hurt her. However after talking to my sister... she wants to help me with the plan. Baro-yah, I don't know what to do. I'm stucked in between. What should I do?" Sandeul pitifully looks into Baro's eyes to ask for help.

Baro's heart shrinked as he heard those words coming out from Sandeul's mouth. Just when he thought the drama was coming to an end, now his sister pops up all of a sudden and encourages him to go on with the plan. 

" Don't worry too much...go and sleep. Let's not talk about this...oh? It hurts me to see you like this. Go in..." Baro comforts Sandeul and decided to accompany him for the night.

As per usual, Baro went into the room to get the pillows and blanket for Sandeul. He swiftly places them on the couch and laid a blanket on the floor for him to sleep. Not forgetting to switch on the heater, so that Sandeul could sleep peacefully. 

* Baro changes into Sandeul's home clothes *

" Sandeul-ah, I'm sleeping on the floor tonight, don't mind me! We should probably get you a bed!" Baro yells as he happily lies down on the warm floor.

Sandeul hurriedly rushes to sit down on the couch and also slumps into the soft and flimsy couch. 

" Baro... you never fail to cheer me up...haha... Why isn't she picking up?" Sandeul laughs at Baro and at the same time tries to dial for Ah-ra's number, but to no avail. The line was busy.

" She's probably sleeping. It's late... why didn't you call her earlier?" Baro questions him as he places the pillow on his head.

" Oh...I accompanied a friend of mine to eat. His name is Gongchan, we ate spicy rice cakes together...I owed him." Sandeul laughs as he hits his head against the couch arms.

" No wonder you're in a good mood today... Yah, I'm sleepy. Turn off the lights. I have work tomorrow. I have to fetch Ah-ra. You know what? I'm starting to like this job...Ok. Good night." Baro finally ends his conversation and falls asleep immediately.

Sandeul switches off the lights and lies down on the couch again. This time he was deep in thoughts. He was happy about meeting Ah-ra and Gongchan the next day. He was also enthusiatic about meeting his new group tomorrow. It has been weeks since he last felt so bubbly and active. It was a good feeling. After an hour or so...he finally succumbs to the darkness and falls asleep.

 

 

(A/N: Updated another chapter today...cause I was feeling happy. I don't know...maybe it was because of the fan message that Jinyoung left for the BANAs... Honestly, I think that B1A4 is under such a good leader who understands majority of the fans. Always being there whenever the fans need them. Minus the sweet mouth service that usually artists would give to their fans. I truthfully think that Jinyoung as a person is getting matured and has broadened his perpective now that B1A4 has become much more popular. Fans are always contributing and showering them with love...hence always giving them the strength to improve themselves as a whole. When Jinyoung mentioned about the other half of fans who seemed to be in a bad situation, I felt for them... Really. I will never forget his words, that is if you think of good thoughts, good things will happen. It's really true! At first, I really hated studying... I felt like giving up. Everything that you can think of as a normal teenager...however, B1A4 gives me the energy to wake up everyday and be grateful for the life that I have now. Unlike them, I'm always surrounded by family and friends. Jinyoung must have cried at least or maybe almost cried when he was writing that... Sorry if I'm emotional... but I'm just happy that's why. No matter how hard life gets, let's remind ourselves to always improve ourselves and stay happy and smile no matter what happens. ^^ )

P.s: Thank you for reading and do leave comments. :) <3