Growing closer...

Unrequited Love

* Thursday morning *

" Deul-ah... Open the door." Baro softly knocks on the door as he jumps up and down to peek through the window.

Baro tries to restore his composure by acting normal. With a lighthearted mind and heart, he forced a smile and bended down to pick up the shopping bag that Jinyoung had handed to him last night. The vivid image of Sandeul holding a knife against Ah-ra's back was still fresh on his mind. He knew he had to try his best to not act awkward and put on a false front just for his best friend. 

* Sandeul opens the door *

" Oh? Lee Sandeul, you're awake already... Where is Ahgasshi... I have to pass her this." Baro grins as he tries to enter Sandeul's house.

Sandeul blankly watches Baro, why was he acting like as if nothing happened? Why was he so happy? Is he doing this to appease me?  Those thoughts went through Sandeul's head for a moment.

" She's inside, still sleeping... I made breakfast. " Sandeul indifferently replies Baro and gingerly walks into the kitchen.

" Still sleeping?! Yah! Lee Sandeul, what did you do to her?" Baro tries to lighten up the atmosphere and goes running to Ah-ra who was sleeping on the couch.

Baro couldn't help but smile for real. The scene in front of him was too funny to look at. Her body was sprawled on the couch and her hair was all over her face; she was totally exhausted. He was relieved to see her safe and sound. By analysing the situation, it was obvious that Sandeul slept on the floor last night, his pillow and blanket were on the floor. That was another comforting news to Baro.

" Aren't you eating? She's probably dead tired from carrying me all the way home last night." Sandeul invites Baro to eat as he sets the table up.

" Wait. What?! Carried you?! Don't you know how heavy you are? No wonder she's like half-dead... What did you cook?" Baro acts like he was shocked and gently grasped Ah-ra's fingers.

" Just...some Kimchi pancakes... not sure whether she's going to like it..." as Sandeul answers Baro's questions, he slightly changes his attention to Baro who was now infront of Ah-ra's face and holding her fingers.

Baro tenderly admired Ah-ra's sleeping face. Her cheeks were rosy and her lips were burning red. Her fingers were also very warm. 

" She's exactly the same as Yoonji... Right Sandeul? But... My little sister is still the cutest." Baro's face brightens at the mention of his little sister's name; Yoonji.

After hearing Baro mentioning his little sister's name, Sandeul's facial expression changes. He wasn't the only one who was going through hardships, even Baro had his own troubles but had never once showed it to anyone due to his bubbly personality and crazy appearance. Sandeul decided to take a moment to open his heart and try to be a better person for his best friend Baro.

" If you miss her, you should go back and visit her. Give her a call..." Sandeul finally attempts to be a little bit friendly but those words served the purpose to cheer Baro up.

" I will... Deul-ah... I love you, you know that right? You should smile. It's been a long time since I last heard you laugh." Baro laughs to himself as he utters those words.

Sandeul regretfully looks down on the food as he hears those words coming out of Baro's own mouth. 

" I'm sorry. Baro-yah...I didn't mean to-"

" No. Don't mention it. About yesterday, I'll just erase all of those memories. You know! Cha Baro is the best at forgetting things he doesn't want to remember! Yah! Shin Ah-ra! Wake up!" Baro tries to hide his trembling voice by changing his attention towards Ah-ra.

Ah-ra groans as she curls herself into a ball and covers her head with the pillow. Baro was astonished by her actions, he immediately pulls the blanket away and tried grabbing the pillow away from her.

" Wake up!" Baro who couldn't wait sat on the couch and starts to shake her.

" Eung... go away..." Ah-ra gibberishly utters those words and hugs him.

" Are you crazy?! Why are you even touching me?! Yah! Yah! Where are you touching?!" Baro freaks out as he hits her head with the pillow.

* 20 minutes later *

Ah-ra exits the toilet while rubbing her forehead. She was already in the dress that Jinyoung had bought her. She was still groggy and her eyes were struggling to stay open.

" Jagiya, are you alright?" Sandeul runs to her and gave her a helping hand.

" My back is aching... You don't have a hair dryer?" Ah-ra presses her hair with a dry towel as she gazes into Sandeul's eyes.

" Nope...I made Kimchi pancakes for breakfast, you should go eat..." Sandeul smiles as he heads to his room to prepare himself for school.

Ah-ra gingerly walks to the table and there Baro was sitting down eating. His face was red and all of a sudden he turns around with his mouth full of food. His eyes were fuming and his nostrils flaring.

" I'm sorry...I really didn't mean to touch you there... Wah...Sandeul made this?" Ah-ra ignores Baro as she picks up the chopsticks to eat.

" Is saying sorry enough? Yah!" Baro stops her with his chopsticks.

" Yah! Cha Baro! Who told you to stay close to me while I was sleeping? Oh?" Ah-ra argues with him as she eyes his legs.

" What are you looking at?! ert!" Baro yells at her while hugging himself.

" Do you know who Shinwoo is? Your legs are nothing compared to him...call me ert all you want. I'm not going to argue with you." Ah-ra rolls her eyes at him as she pouts her lips.

" Tsk...your innocent face...I bet your mind is filled with dirty thoughts right? SHIN AH-RA is a ert in disguise." Baro continues to disturb her as he stuffs himself with a another piece of kimchi pancake.

" Yah! I think you're the dirty minded one. Looking at a girl while she's sleeping...B-y-e-o-n-t-a-e." again she retaliates.

" I'm not talking you. Look at my hand..." Baro raises his hand at her while the both of them continued to argue.

* Ah-ra and Baro quarreling *

Sandeul who was coming out of his room was amused at the sight unfolding infront of him. The duo ( Baro and Ah-ra ) were fighting and facing their backs at each other. Another second they will be facing each other again pouting and pointing fingers at one another. 

" I hate you! " Ah-ra dumps her chopsticks on the table as she folds her arms.

" Whatever! I hate you twice as much as you hate me!" Baro too followed Ah-ra's actions and folded his arms.

* Sandeul approaches the both of them *

" Are the two of you done? The both of you are going to get closer if you keep on arguing... I'm jealous..." Sandeul laughs as he massages Ah-ra's aching shoulders.

" Close? Over my dead body." Baro rolls his eyes at Ah-ra and bit his lips.

" Look, he's starting to talk back... What kind of bodyguard is this? Sandeul-ah, does he act like this all the time?" Ah-ra turns to Sandeul to complain.

Sandeul chuckles and grabs Baro and Ah-ra by their necks. 

" Baro only acts like this with the people he likes. So that means he likes you a lot. Am I right, C-h-a B-a-r-o?" those words that Sandeul said send shiver down Baro's spine.

" No...not really...Ah-ra is an exception, she's annoying. You two should get going... Ahgasshi, I'll be waiting for you outside school after school hours. Sorry." Baro stands up as he glances at Ah-ra while answering Sandeul's question.

" Ah-ra, let's go. We're going to walk to school." Sandeul grabs Ah-ra hands as he earnestly stares into her eyes.

" You're not going to get mad at me all of a sudden right?" Ah-ra hooks her left arm around Sandeul's right arm as she questions him.

Sandeul grins as he pats her head. She was slowly tugging his soft heart with her smile and actions. Meeting her was a coincidence, the moment he heard of the name 'Shin Ah-ra' he knew she was Dal-rae's half-sister. Getting close to Ah-ra was the fastest way to get to his plans, now that he has found Dal-rae. He was unsure about his feelings for his now girlfriend. Maybe a stroll together could help him determine his real feelings for her.

--------------------------------------

The crystal blue sky greeted the 'happy-looking' couple. A gush of cool breeze messed up their hair and their scarfs were hitting their own faces.

" I'm glad that spring is finally approaching... Yesterday, was really a bad day. It was so cold that my body felt like it was going to freeze..." Ah-ra expresses herself as she enjoyed the breeze and of course, Sandeul's company.

" That's fast... Look at who's talking, your body is like a self-heater. Your face was so red, I thought you were going to die from overheating." Sandeul laughs as he flicks her forehead.

" I remember my oppa telling me that too...He thought I was running a fever and we visited the doctor the next day...and you know what?" Ah-ra laughs as she hits Sandeul's shoulders lightly. 

" What? " this time Sandeul was really captivated by her words. He was curious to know more about her.

" The doctor told my brother and parents that the 'heat' came from internal combustion... Which we call metabolism!" burst into laughters and continued to laugh until her face went red.

Sandeul bit his cheeks as he tried not to laugh at her lame joke. Her laughing face was much more funny than the joke she was telling. The sky today resembled Ah-ra a lot, so he liked that. Her pure and clear expressions were pretty and likeable. After meeting Dal-rae yesterday, his heart was at ease and he was able to think much more rationally now. In the background, he could hear her lovable laughters and everytime her eyes met with his, it was as if he was falling deeper and deeper into the trap that he had set up for Ah-ra.

" You can't like her. You don't like her. I think I might like her, so don't look at her. She's just your temporary girlfriend...and she's a Shin. Get the company back and done, leave her." Sandeul places his hands in his pocket as he looked up into the clear sky and sighed.

* Finally arrives to school *

Gongchan folds his arms as he points to the watch on his wrist. He was pissed off, his two friends were now lovers and now he was a loner. He had been leaning by the class door for ten minutes now.

" Yah! What am I? A ghost? I've been waiting since ten minutes ago!" Gongchan snaps as he heads into the classroom.

" We totally forgot about him!" Ah-ra and Sandeul both muttered as they turned to look at each other.

Ah-ra and Sandeul rushes to catch up with their best friend Gongchan, he was obviously upset since he was pouting and was going to sit down beside Jinyoung. Both Ah-ra and Sandeul raised their eyebrow at the unusual sight, Gongchan had always been an anti-fan of Jinyoung, why was he sitting beside him? The both of them were unaware that Gongchan had got closer to Jinyoung after a night of spying on the both of them.

* Gongchan sits beside Jinyoung who was composing a song on his laptop *

Jinyoung who was focusing on his laptop, removes his headphone to turn to look at Gongchan. That made his junior flinch for a moment, Jinyoung's eyes were red and it was as if he didn't sleep the whole night.

" Why are you sitting here? Ah-ra is sitting here. Go sit behind." Jinyoung coldly brushes him off as he continued with his composition of the song.

" Even you don't want me!" Gongchan exclaims and throws his bag to his usual seat.

-----------------------------------------

* Break time *

" You're not cold? " Jinyoung passes a cup of hot coffee to Ah-ra who was trying to instill inspiration from the scenery of the campus.

" Not really... The trees here are really tall and beautiful. Oppa..." Ah-ra sips the cup of coffee and sighs.

" It's for your own good. You can't always be together with him. Studies comes first..." Jinyoung comforts Ah-ra as he presses her shoulders.

" I know...it's no big deal... we still can see each other even though we're in different groups... but why did you replace him? Isn't he good enough for our group?" again she questions him about the removal of Sandeul from the group.

" Sandeul is better off with the other group. He's really talented. We have Kwang-ho...so don't worry. I have my own reasonings for doing so. You don't trust me?" Jinyoung questions her as he tenderly looked into her eyes.

" Of course, I trust you..." Ah-ra smiles as she looks away, her eyes were in the direction of where Sandeul was. He was sitting with Hea-Jung at the bench, practicing his singing.

At that moment in time, Jinyoung felt like putting Ah-ra into his pocket. He understood fully about what she was feeling, however this was the best thing he could do to protect her. He wasn't going to let Sandeul get close to Ah-ra until he finally unravels the mystery behind yesterday's incident. 

" Focus...let's see your progress so far... Woah...that's a good bunch of lyrics..." Jinyoung tries to distract Ah-ra as he grabs the notebook that were in her hands.

Ah-ra blankly turns to look at him, she was definitely not interested in studying. Her face was so moody that Jinyoung felt like slapping her repeatedly. He slowly places the notebook by his side and places his hands on her shoulders. Kwang-ho and the rest of the members were rudely shocked by Jinyoung's change in his demeanour. The 'ice-prince' was actually a really nice person?

" Fine, let's not do this for today. Since it's our break time... let's have a chat..." Jinyoung laughs as he persuades Ah-ra to talk to him.

" Really? That's great...I wanted to talk too..." Ah-ra places her hands on her chin and faces him.

" I'm not sure whether you remember...but I'm just going to say it anyway... do you know the boy in your kindergarten class? The one with huge  glasses...he used to have a crush on you! Thinking about it...I was really slow in realising that...he was always pestering me to treat you well..." Jinyoung bit his lips unknowingly as he reveals a past memory to Ah-ra.

" Why are you even telling me things that I don't remember..." Ah-ra pouts as she uses her legs to draw on the sand.

" Well... That's the only thing that I can talk about... I'm sorry..." Jinyoung sighs and pinches her hands.

" You bite your lips unknowingly and your hands are really fast when it comes to pinching and flicking me..." Ah-ra smiles as she looks at him.

" Oh? Is that a game? Ok...Shin Ah-ra is fast at getting upset and moody." Jinyoung retaliates with the negative attributes to Ah-ra's character.

" Jinyoung oppa...ah....has small eyes." Ah-ra giggles as she imitates him.

" You! Let's see... you have a round face?" Jinyoung jokes as he hits her slightly on the back.

" You're just like that Baro... I'm going to win this round. You...you...like Dal-rae onni!" Ah-ra jumps up from her sitting position as she points her finger at him.

Jinyoung's eyes widened as he heard those words coming out from Ah-ra's mouth. How in the world did she know?