''I'm Lee Sandeul!''

Unrequited Love

'' Yah! Gong-ju nim... Wake up... It's time for you to wash up...'', Shinwoo oppa repeatedly shooked Ah-ra so that she would wake up.

Ah-ra peeked from under her blanket and saw her brother's shining face. She laughed and grabbed his hands so that he would pull her up.

'' Ah... so you're the new onni? Wah... You're even beautiful than me...'', Ah-ra complimented her brother's flawless face.

Shinwoo grinned and placed his little sister's clothings on the bed. He had specially prepared his little sister a dress for her to wear on her first day in campus. ( Seoul Academy of Arts). 

Like any other normal mornings, everyone gathered at the dining room to eat breakfast. Ah-ra quietly sits down and greets her parents. 

'' Hmm? Why does my daughter look different today? Are you going on a date?'', Ah-ra's father tried to crack a joke to cheer Ah-ra up after yesterday's incident.

'' Appa, Ah-ra looks beautiful right? I'm sure a lot of guys will like her. I'll keep a lookout for her. Kim Ahjusshi is already waiting for me, should Ah-ra come along with me?'', Dal-rae politely responds to her father's joke and suggested that Ah-ra ride the car with her to school.

'' Really? That's nice of you. Ah-ra, eat up, Kim ahjusshi is already waiting he's-'', before their father could finish the sentence.

'' No, Ah-ra you take the public transport. Why are you pampering her so much? Look at what we've given to her, born with a silver spoon in , after sacrificing everything for her.. she's doing everything without our permission. Dal-rae, go on, if not you'll be late for school.'', their mother replied coldly.

Dal-rae heeded her mother's words and gave her mother a kiss to her cheeks. With light footsteps she heads out of the house. Shinwoo glaringly stares at his mother and turned to tend to his little sister. He silently poured a glass of orange juice for Ah-ra to drink.

'' Yah! You think she doesn't have hands to pour herself a drink? Why are you spoiling her? You must be the one giving her all these ideas. Dear, do something...'', complained their mother while pointing at her son.

A man of little words, Mr Shin gave his daughter a smile and pats his son on the shoulder. This act always indicates that he was going off for work. Mr Shin then approached his wife and gave her a tender smile.

'' Honey, you look beautiful today. I'm going off to work. I'll make sure that i'll be home early today'', Mr Shin romantically hugs his wife and gave her a kiss.

Shin-woo and Ah-ra cringed as they watched their parents display affection for each other. Mrs Shin couldn't help but turn red at her husband's sweet gestures but she knew that he was only doing that to defend Ah-ra and Shinwoo. 

'' Ah-ra, let's go. I'll send you to school. Since it's the first day and i have loads of time on my hands, i'll give you a ride.'', Shinwoo voiced out.

Mrs Shin turns around to reprimand her son but stops as she didn't want to further make Ah-ra upset. She perfectly knew her son's character and how  protective he is about his little sister, some times she wished that Ah-ra was independent like Dal-rae instead of sticking around her brother like that.  

Ah-ra picks up her bag and tags along behind her brother. She felt grateful that her brother and father defended her despite her mother's complains early in the morning. Ah-ra didn't grumble as she perfectly knew what her mother was feeling. Inwardly, she felt sorry that she couldn't be like her other siblings. She wasn't as beautiful as Dal-rae, talented as her, graceful as her and whenever their father had brought them along to meet his valued clients, Dal-rae grabbed the attention of everyone. She (Ah-ra) wasn't tall like her brother, flawless, needless to say the popularity that he had as a fashion designer. 

Shinwoo turns around and sees his little sister deep in thoughts. He pursed his lips as he carefully studied her facial features and folded his arms as he leans against his yellow sports car.

'' Maknae! Aren't you getting in? Why are you standing there?'', cried Shinwoo.

Ah-ra looks up and cringes her eyebrows as the reflection of her brother's car was too bright. She quickly runs towards the car and enters it so as to not make her brother wait. Shinwoo lifts his eyebrows and shook his head at his little sister's weird action. Without delaying, he starts the car and drives off.

 

'' Is something bothering you? Nervous? Or just bothered by Omma?'', Shinwoo curiously asks his little sister while he concentrates on driving.

Ah-ra who was looking out of the window, draws back to her seat and gave a sigh. 

'' It's nothing. Haha. I'm just thinking too much. Oppa, you can just drop me off near the entrance.'', answered Ah-ra as she drew a heart on the car's side window.

 

'' We're here! Good luck and have fun...'', Shinwoo excitedly declared while looking at Ah-ra.

'' Okay, don't worry about me. Thank you oppa...'', before Ah-ra went off Shinwoo gave his little sister a kiss on the forehead.

------------------ Ah-ra enters the University compound-----------------------------

Everything was new to her, people were bustling in with their books and bags. Students from the Fashion campus stood out the most as they wore colorful and stylish clothes. As Ah-ra steps into the campus, the place was so huge that it was literally possible to get lost, which exactly happened five minutes later while she tried to find her classroom/lecture room.

'' Excuse me, do you know how to get to the Music faculty? I'm a first year student.'', Ah-ra reluctantly asked a random senior in the school.

'' Oh? A freshman.. Just go straight and when you pass that door just follow the musical notes and you will reach your classroom.'', replied the girl as she hurriedly rushes to her class.

'' Ah.. Thank you!'', Ah-ra waves at the girl and heads towards the direction that the girl had shown her.

Ah-ra gingerly walks towards her class and thought of the new friends that she was going to make. Although, she felt rather jittery since it was the first day, she tried to remain composed. Ah-ra had always had a habit of looking at the floor while walking, thus she accidentally hits into someone.

'' Ouch! Ah... painful.. You!'', the person shouts at Ah-ra for bumping into him.

'' Mian! I'm so sorry!'', Ah-ra repeatedly bowed at him.

Sandeul looks at Ah-ra, there was something different about her. Her deer-like brown eyes reminded him of his mother. Her wavy and silky hair made her look even more beautiful. 

'' Aniyo! It's okay. Are you alright? I'm sorry.'', Sandeul hesitates for a moment as he stares at her face. Her eyes captivated him. 

'' Yes, I'm alright.. I'm very very sorry.'', Ah-ra once again apologises.

'' No, no.. it's okay.. Umm.. Which faculty are you in?'', asked Sandeul.

'' Ah, Music faculty. I'm a freshman.'', replied Ah-ra hastily as she wanted to get to her class on time.

'' Really?! I'm a freshman too! Finally! Let's go there together. It's my first day and i'm feeling so nervous already that my hands are sweaty.'', Sandeul delightedly responded.

Ah-ra laughed and cheerfully introduced herself to Sandeul as the both of them tried to find their way to the lecture room. Ah-ra felt relieved that at least she was not alone and that she could at least have someone to talk to. 

'' Your name is Ah-ra? My name is Lee Sandeul. Nice to meet you. Let's be friends, Ah-ra sshi'', Sandeul grins as he introduced himself and proceeded to shake her hand.

'' Shin Ah-ra, nice to meet you too, Sandeul sshi.'', Ah-ra laughs while shaking his hands.

He seemed like a good person. Her brother had always said that a person with good fashion was someone worth hanging out with. Although, she had always thought that Shinwoo was just joking since he was only complimenting himself and Ah-ra was quite impressed by Sandeul's outfit and decided that maybe she should just stick to him for the day till she meet some other friends.