Wonderful tonight?

Unrequited Love

" Jinyoung sshi? This, i'll return it to you tomorrow...'', Baro slightly lowers his gaze on the blue shirt that he was wearing now.

* Jinyoung focusing on Ah-ra and Sandeul from the car *

'' Umm....wait what? It's alright. Keep that blue shirt, i bought it for you because your suit was ugly any way.'', Jinyoung tries to be humble as his eagle-eyes were focused on the two couple.

Jinyoung had no idea how much those words meant to Baro. He was 21, not a baby…it was so obvious that Jinyoung bought him that shirt as he didn’t want him to stand out too much and attract Ah-ra’s and Sandeul’s attention. All these years, growing up in poverty even his parents were unable to buy him a proper shirt not to say a branded one. Being materialistic was not the case here, but Jinyoung’s sincerity and concern for Ah-ra was really touching to see.

‘’ Hyung! Look! They’re heading towards the Han River…there!’’, the fast-witted Gongchan points to the road sign board.

“Oh? What time is it now?’’, Jinyoung bit his lips as he draws back to his seat.

“It’s 8 past 10. Jinyoung sshi, what are you planning to do? I have to get Ahgasshi home by 9.30pm. It’s an order by her father.”, Baro swiftly looks at his watch as he responds to Jinyoung’s question.

Jinyoung immediately turns to look at Baro. Without wasting time, he fishes out his smart phone and dials for Mr Shin (Ah-ra’s father).

Jinyoung: Hello? Mr Shin? Am I disturbing you?

Mr Shin: Oh…Jinyoungie? What’s wrong?

Jinyoung: Nothing is wrong… I heard that Ah-ra’s curfew was 9.30pm. This Cha Sunwoo and Ah-ra is with me… and I’d like to spent more time with her…so…

Mr Shin: Oh? Is that the case? Then, enjoy your date! Haha! Aigoo! What a foolish father I am… Enjoy yourselves!

Jinyoung: Thank you so much Uncle!

Mr Shin: What Uncle?! You should be calling me father already! Hang up now. My daughter is in your hands now, make sure nothing happens to her. Araso?

Jinyoung: …… I understand. Bye. I’ll make sure she’s home safely.

* Hangs up *

Baro blankly stares in Jinyoung’s direction, why was he going all the way to lie for Shin Ah-ra? Who was she to him? All of those questions hit him hard in the head. There was no way Sandeul could hurt Ah-ra with Jinyoung always looking out for her. Like a guardian angel taking care of her without her knowing, Sandeul was never going to get anywhere near his plans to make her suffer all her life.

“Who am I supposed to protect now…you or Ah-ra? Lee Sandeul…haiz…” Baro thought to himself as he frowns.

“Jinyoung hyung! We should get down now. Baro hyung, park the car here. We’ll get discovered if we come to close…”, Gongchan adds in as he excitedly prepares himself to get out of the car.

“ You’re right… lets go!”, Jinyoung smiles as he sneakily got out of the car.

* Jinyoung and Gongchan hides behind the pole near where they parked *

'' Yah! Come here, what are you doing?! She's going to see you!'', Jinyoung clenches his teeth as he tries not to raise his voice at Baro.

* Gongchan peeking at Ah-ra and Sandeul who were walking side by side. *

* Sandeul going for Ah-ra's waist *

'' LEE SAN-!'', before Gongchan could even scream for Sandeul's name, Jinyoung kicks him in the stomach to stop him from getting too excited.

Gongchan bit his upper lips as he tried not to make noise, however his fingers were pointing towards Sandeul who was now holding Ah-ra by the waist. Jinyoung was covering Gongchan’s mouth to prevent the boy from attracting unnecessary attention.

“Hyung! He’s trying to ……. Ah-ra… you know…seduce her… you should stop him…my frail heart can’t… argh!", Gongchan covers his eyes as he couldn't take the sight of Ah-ra and Sandeul being close to each other.

Jinyoung grabs both Gongchan and Baro by their necks and tightened the grip around them. Jinyoung tries to control the hot breath that was coming out of his nose, he was sure that he reminded Sandeul to keep a distance from his Ah-ra. 

'' You two... better... keep a low profile... if not...i'm going to snap both of your necks. Understood? My plans are going to get foiled if you Gongchan keep acting up and you Cha Sunwoo sshi... stop acting so serious. It bugs me.'', Jinyoung whispers those words as he forcefully brought Gongchan's and Baro's head together.

* Jinyoung finally releases the both of them *

'' Follow me.'', Jinyoung commands as he starts to slowly follow the couple from the back.

-----------------------------------------

'' I've always wanted to watch that Rainbow fountain show... Sandeul-ah... are you listening to me?'', Ah-ra shakes him repeatedly to get his attention.

'' If that's what my princess wants...then we shall go there. Haha...I'm sorry, my thoughts are all over the place.'', Sandeul winks at her as he grabs for her waist to hold her close to him.

* Noises *

'' What was that?'', Ah-ra took the chance to get away from Sandeul's grasps as she turns around.

Sandeul glances at the red-face Ah-ra, her actions made him a bit confused. Don't all the girls like it when the guy holds them by the waist? Why was she acting like she was uncomfortable? Maybe it was too fast to be like this... He was going to creep her out if he tries to hold her again. To hide his emotions, he slowly ruffles his hair as he laughs.

'' Why are you laughing?'', Ah-ra turns back to look at Sandeul. This time she didn't dare to look at him in the eyes. Maybe her actions was obvious that she was a bit uncomfortable with him holding her like that.

'' Nothing...you're really cute when you act like that. I'm sorry if that made you-'' before he could even finish his sentence, Ah-ra goes running to a stall.

Sandeul rolled his eyes and sighed. All he wanted to do was to get back home and rest his mind. It was too tiring to even look at her. When her innocence starts to burn his already black heart, those pristine eyes of hers...it was starting to get on his nerves. She was just too perfect for anybody, too kind and naive. With a heavy heart, he catches up with her.

'' Sandeul-ah, look at this...'', Ah-ra grins like a child as she held the ear muffler near him.

'' That's nice... you should buy it.'', Sandeul utters those meaningless words to her as he placed his hands into his pockets.

Ah-ra silently picks an ear muffler for Sandeul, it was her first time buying something for someone special and it's only been a few weeks that she got to know him. What was his favourite color? It was a bit shameful to not even know his favourite colors, looks like she has to depend on her instincts.

'' Since he's a really cheerful person...maybe this one? No...no... the color combination is too girlish for him. Hmm... this one? No...eew. This really looks nice...but...'' Ah-ra silently screams in her head as she stares at the many type of ear mufflers in front of her.

* Ah-ra and Sandeul still deciding on the ear mufflers *

'' Now. Gongchan, now.'', Jinyoung pinches Gongchan as he pushes him to the side walk.

* Jinyoung and Baro hiding behind a tree *

Gongchan turns around to look at his hyungs, why was he doing this again? Without looking back, he approaches a beautiful looking lady wearing a laced-dress, maybe she was kind enough to help him with the plan. Her long luscious hair, her peach-coloured lace dress and her long white milky legs... with a bit of courage Gongchan taps the woman on her shoulder.

'' Omo!'' the woman yells as she grabs Gongchan by the neck.

Jinyoung hits his head on the tree as he looks at the maknae. Among all the people, Gongchan chose a cross-dressing guy. Their cover was going to be blown if the woman (man) creates a scene, Jinyoung bit his lips as he waited for the maknae's next move. Baro on the other hand tried very hard not to laugh at the scene unfolding in front of them. 

'' Ahaha... hi...? '' Gongchan awkwardly placed his hands on his head as he uttered those words.

'' Omo...so good looking...is it my luck today?... Yes?'', the man lovingly stared at Gongchan's perfect porcelain face.

'' Haha! Hello! You look like you've got a very good taste for fashion... i was just thinking if you could do me a favor?'', Gongchan held his breath as he looked into the man's eyes. She was too beautiful to be a guy...

'' Favor?.....haha....what favor?'', the man blinked his eyes repeatedly as he eyed Gongchan from head to toe.

'' See that couple over there? Convince that girl to get the black, red and white striped ear muffler. It's my best friend's first date and...'', Gongchan tried to explain himself as he tried very hard not to laugh.

'' Ah... that's so sweet of you... That kid over there with the sour-looking guy? You chose the right person *winks* Don't worry, stay right here.'', the man accepts Gongchan's request and heads towards Ah-ra and Sandeul.

After seeing the man walking away from him, Gongchan runs back to his Hyungs. All he could do was cover his face in embarrassment and grab Jinyoung's clothes.

'' Good Job. You did a good job.'' Jinyoung laughs as he pats Gongchan on the back.

'' Hyung. Lets run before th-that... girl i mean... i don't know! ahahang...'', Gongchan covers his red face again as he runs away as far as he could.

* Jinyoung, Baro and Gongchan runs away from the scene *

'' Aigoo... all the ear mufflers here are so cute. This looks really nice.'', the man picks the muffler that Gongchan had pointed out to him earlier on.

Ah-ra stares at the stranger next to her with her wide doll eyes. That was just perfect for Sandeul! It matched with Sandeul's outfit and totally would look good on him. All she did was to pray that the 'onni' would put it down for her to grab it and purchase it. Ah-ra held her breath as the woman (man) placed it back down but as soon as the person was about to place it down, the person picks it up again.

'' Onni...that...'', Ah-ra speaks out as she points to the ear muffler the woman was holding.

'' You want this? Oh...take it.'', the woman (man) smiled at her as she passed the ear muffler to Ah-ra.

'' Thank you! Ahjumma, i'll take this one.'', Ah-ra excitedly pays for the ear mufflers as she turns to grin at Sandeul.

* Ah-ra puts on the ear muffler for him *

-------------------------------------------

* The trio ( Baro, Jinyoung and Gongchan) arrives at the Han river first *

'' Baro sshi, Gongchan, see that jazz band over there? Here's 50 bucks. Get them to play a serenade when the rainbow fountain show starts. I have to go somewhere else first. Araso? Hwaiting! Our plan will definitely work.'', Jinyoung held both Gongchan and Baro by the shoulders as he gave some encouragement to them.

* Jinyoung runs off somewhere *

'' Our? More like his own ideas...'', Baro smirks as he folds his arms.

''Yah! Jinyoung hyung only wants the best for Ah-ra. Remember what he told us earlier on? I've always hated him but after hearing that she was his childhood friend and those sweet stories...i will help Jinyoungie hyung at all cost! Plus! If i was Ah-ra's boyfriend...i would have covered her with a blanket from the beginning! Stupid Lee Sandeul! Holding her like that!'', Gongchan swears as he heads to the jazz band near the side of the river.

'' He's smart alright...really smart... cunning to be precise.'' Baro sarcastically answers Gongchan as he tries to catch up with him.

On the other hand, Jinyoung rushes to a shop nearby that was selling fire sparklers. With three boxes of those fire sparklers in his hands, he showed his gums as he was reminded of his childhood memories with Ah-ra.

* Jinyoung's flashback *

'' Ahjusshi, i want to play this on my own like oppa...'' Ah-ra whines as she points at her brother.

'' Ahgasshi. You're going to hurt yourself if you keep on being stubborn.'', Mr Jung held the unlit sparkler on his hands as he pats her on the head.

'' Eung...'' this time she pouts her lips as her eyes starts to fill up with tears.

'' What a spoilt brat... come here. Play with oppa. If i hold your hands, you're going to be happy right?'' Jinyoung grabs the small Ah-ra and slowly placed the sparkler in her hands.

'' Thinking about it...this is the last year that we're going to celebrate the new year together. Hopefully Ah-ra doesn't miss you too much when you leave. Haha...'' Shinwoo laughs as he looks at Jinyoung with Ah-ra.

'' You're right... i will miss her too. Yah! Babo... hold it properly!'', Jinyoung smacks Ah-ra on the head as he reprimands her.

'' Ha...too bad. It's really a pity that you can't remember those precious memories... Of course, if you really remembered your promise to me... you wouldn't be in love with Lee Sandeul or maybe after i left...you've moved on and you didn't remember. Maybe it's better this way, if not you wouldn't even be able to look into my eyes... WAIT. Why am i getting all emotional again?'', Jinyoung snaps himself out of his own trance.

Jinyoung gingerly walks by the river to admire the breath-taking scenery in front of him. There, a group of teenagers were playing on their own with their bicycles. He slowly approaches them and bends down to greet the group.

'' Hi!'', Jinyoung waves as he gave the best smile that he could ever gift a person.

* The group of teens mainly girls starts to whisper among each other *

* Jinyoung starts explaining himself and hands the three boxes of fire sparklers to the girls *

'' Araso! We'll do our best! Don't worry, we won't tell anybody! What does the lady look like?''. A kid questions Jinyoung as he starts to walk away from the scene.

'' A beautiful one! The one with gorgeous brown eyes! You'll know! When the song starts...just light it all up...'', Jinyoung yells as he waves happily at them.

'' That girl is so lucky!'' the group of girls squealed as they waved goodbye to Jinyoung.

* Jinyoung joins Baro and Gongchan again *

'' Where did you go?'', Baro questions the happy looking Jinyoung.

'' Somewhere. Aren't you guys tired? *Yawns* Let's go home...'', Jinyoung yawns as he rubs his eyes.

'' Me too...it's 9.30pm. My mom is going to scream at me if i don't get home soon.'' Gongchan laments as he reaches for his phone.

'' Let's go. I'm sure everything will go well. I have some time to sent the both of you home and then wait for Ah-ra ahgasshi.'' Baro offers to sent Gongchan and Jinyoung home.

'' Ah. You send Channie home then. I'm going to get something on the way home. Sorry. Haha.. Bye!'' Jinyoung bids Baro and Gongchan farewell.

'' Hyung! I'm sorry for always acting mean to you in school. Honestly, i thought you were going to be mean to me today...but this... you really have a beautiful heart. Even to Baro hyung...you were really nice to us. Treating us to dinner and even buying new clothes for somebody that you barely  even knew...you're definitely a role model to me. Thank you! I will never forget today and that Shin Ah-ra and Lee Sandeul will pay for this tomorrow. I'm not going to be friends with those two any more'' Gongchan frowns but that didn't last long as he burst into laughters.

'' Jinyoung sshi... we'll be on our way then.'' Baro bows as he slightly smiles.

'' Just call me hyung. Hyung will do. Don't forget to change back into your uniform! We're going to see each other often. I can't thank the both of you enough.'' Jinyoung winks as he watches Baro and Gongchan get further away from him.

-------------------------------------

* Sandeul and Ah-ra finally arrives at the Han river *

An icy, wintry gust of air greets the couple who were sitting on the bench waiting for the fountain show to start. Ah-ra notices that Sandeul wasn't talking and he seemed to be deep in thoughts. Maybe he was still angry with her? Or maybe he didn't like the ear mufflers that she bought for him...those question ran through her mind like a bullet. 

'' Sandeul-ah... why aren't you talking?'' Ah-ra held his hands as she attempts to make him talk.

'' I-'', as Sandeul tried to speak they were both interrupted by the jazz band.

* Jazz band starts to play music for the two couple *

Sandeul stares blankly at the scene that was happening in front of him. It was too surreal, kids were coming together with sparklers in their hands. Running around, spreading happiness with their smiles. What was this happy feeling? Was this a blessing? What was he going to do if this happy memory sticks with him forever.

However, Ah-ra on the other hand was enjoying herself. It was as if her dreams for a perfect date was coming true. Just like the sparklers, her eyes sparkled at the beautiful sight, the rainbow fountain, the happy kids running around and definitely the beautiful ambience. There was nothing she could ask for, it was a wonderful night.

All of a sudden, Sandeul stands up and drags Ah-ra away from the scene.

'' Let's go. It's late.'', Sandeul grabs her as he rushes to the main street.

'' Yah! Why are you like this? Do you know that you're scaring me? Sandeul-ah, what's wrong with you?'' Ah-ra screams at him as she pushes him away from her.

'' Shin Ah-ra. I... i'm tired.'' Sandeul turns around as he tried to control himself.

'' If you were tired! You should have told me! Stop acting like you're alright! I know you're still upset with me right? Is there something that you're not telling me? LEE SANDEUL, answer me now! Stop acting like a child.'' Ah-ra finally loses her patience with Sandeul.

'' I'm sorry. I'll send you home. I'm sorry. Shin Ah-ra. I'm really sorry. Don't be mad.'' Sandeul hugs her as he tried to calm her down.

'' Stop saying sorry. I hate it. I'm not sure about what's bothering you...I should be the one saying sorry. Let's go home.'' Ah-ra cools herself off as she held his hands.

* Ah-ra hails for a cab *

Jinyoung who was carefully watching from afar was flabbergasted by Sandeul's actions. All his efforts to make today a happy day for Ah-ra was turned into dusts. Not only was his heart boiling, but seeing Ah-ra apologise and angry made him feel like throwing a dozens bricks at Sandeul.

* In the cab *

Sandeul kept quiet as he tried to collect himself together. Ah-ra was not talking either, she was either too mad or upset to talk to him. He slightly turned to look at her. She was busy looking out of the window of the cab drawing hearts. Two hearts to be precise, this time they were interlocked with each other. All day, only Baro and Dal-rae were on his mind. The fact that Baro was now working for his enemy, and that Dal-rae never ever once tried to look for him. She should have known, it's been two days ever since he gave Ah-ra the necklace...why wasn't she looking for him...before they knew it, they arrived at Sandeul's stop.

'' Ah-ra... are you angry with me?'' Sandeul voices out as he painfully stares at her.

'' No. I'm not angry. Why should i be angry.'' Ah-ra answers him with her back facing him.

'' I'm sorry. Bye. '' Sandeul apologises as he reaches out for her shoulders.

* Ah-ra ignores him *

'' I didn't know a guy could be that emotionally unstable... reminds me of Dal-rae. Lee Sandeul, you're really...i wonder what's going in that head of yours...'' Ah-ra sighed as she looked at him walking off.

* 30 minutes later. Ah-ra finally arrives home *

'' Ahgasshi!'' Baro comes running up to her as she heads to the gate of the mansion.

'' Cha Sunwoo sshi! You! You've been waiting here for so long?!'' Ah-ra was bewildered by his presence, she was so worried about what he was going to say to her father.

* Baro and Ah-ra enters the house *

'' I'm home!'' Ah-ra silently announces as she slips her heels off.

'' My daughter is finally home. How was your date with Jinyoung? Everything ok? Sunwoo sshi...thank you for sending her home safely. Did she behave well?'' Mr Shin taps Baro on the shoulder as he prompts him on Ah-ra's conduct for the day

'' Ahgasshi has been very cooperative today. I'll be on my way home sir.'' Baro politely bows as he send a faint smile to Ah-ra.

Ah-ra stood there wondering how in the world did her father think that she was on a date with Jinyoung? And why didn't her bodyguard tattle tale on her? 

'' Ah....i'm going crazy! Appa, i'm going to bed first! This is why they say, don't expect things! What was i thinking?!'' Ah-ra ruffles her hair like a crazy woman as she stomps her way into her room.

'' Is she crazy or what?'' Shinwoo who was munching on the popcorn stops to look at his little sister.

'' Maybe. Just like that girl in this drama. Something must have happened between Jinyoung and her.'' Shinwoo's mother commented as she focused on the tv-screen.

'' Really? OH MY GOD. SHE'S PREGNANT! OMMA! What's going to happen to Chaekyung then?!'' Shinwoo was too into the drama that he didn't realise that his little sister was in a bad mood.

'' Obviously, those two will end up with each other. Love triangles can be tiring sometimes...so now that Sang-hyuk has to cancel his engagement with Chaekyung and marry Kkotnim. TYPICAL.'' Mr Shin adds on as he sat down to enjoy the drama with his family.

* Ah-ra slams her bedroom door *

Without delaying she heads to her study table and scrambles to find her diary. 

I think i might just die not writing this down. Well, i'm going to use this now. Oppa said it was a good source of venting my frustrations in this instead of venting it on others. I'm sorry for letting you dust in my study table for so many years now. I'm not the type of person to keep a diary, but well i will starting from today. I'm not angry! LEE SANDEUL, I LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY. STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE THIS. PLEASE DON'T BE ANGRY ANYMORE. I hate it when you act like that all of a sudden. You're scary don't you know that? For a moment, you're really nice and then all of a sudden you're in a bad mood. I hope tomorrow is going to be a better day for us. My beautiful person, don't be angry anymore. My first date. Wonderful tonight? My foot. I mean, my head.- Shin Ah-ra.

* Ah-ra receives a text message from Jinyoung *

Jinyoung: Babo. How was your date?

Ah-ra : I would trade my life for today. HAPPIEST DAY IN MY LIFE.

Jinyoung: Is that sarcasm i detect there?

Ah-ra : Sort of. Oppa. I'm sure you're the one who told my father that i was going on a date with you. Am i right?

Jinyoung: Haha...

Ah-ra: You saved my life. Oppa... i'm so tired from thinking. I think i'm going to bed first. You're the best! I love you with all of my heart!

Jinyoung: Sleep well. See you tomorrow. It was a fun and tiring day for me too. Goodnight. Love you too?