'' My heart remembers you....''- Shin Ah-ra.

Unrequited Love

'' This one! No! Maybe this one? Sunwoo sshi... you decide. I can't make up my mind!'' Ah-ra pushes Baro into Shinwoo's walk-in wardrobe.

'' Ahgasshi...this is not acceptable. Please.'' Baro politely bows as he tries to exit the room filled with clothes belonging to Ah-ra's brother.

'' Yah! We're going to take the bus! You're going to scare people off with that scary aura of yours... and why are you talking back?'' Ah-ra retaliates as she pushes Baro and tries to hit him lightly on the chest.

Baro's reflex were quick to counter-attack her, he quickly grabs her arms and twists it in the direction that she couldn't hit him. To not seriously injure her, he immediately drags her closer to him. Both of their eyes met. Baro right away changes his gaze onto her forehead, he was unable to look at her. It was as if she was going to find out all the secrets that he was hiding from her or maybe even his melting heart. 

'' Daebak. Sunwoo sshi... you're really cool...uwah...'' Ah-ra glances around her and realises that she was in his arms.

'' Ahgasshi. I didn't do this on purpose. I'm sorry, it became a habit.'' Baro utters those words but doesn't loosen his grip on Ah-ra's arms.

" Sunwoo sshi... i have a method like this too. Should i show you? " Ah-ra laughs as she innocently stares into his eyes.

" This is a lock method. You won't be able to free yourself... you'll only injure yourself, but let's see. " Baro smirks as he tries not to laugh.

'' You said it. I'm really going to go on full throttle...even my own brother can't handle it. Araso?'' Ah-ra double confirms with her bodyguard as she prepares to demonstrate her method to him.

'' If you succeed, then i'll wear these plainclothes instead of my black suit. '' again Baro confirms with her and even promises to shed his uniform if she successfully got away from his grasps.

As cunning as a fox, Ah-ra curls her lips at Baro and turns her attention to his hands. Without even thinking twice, she widened her jaws and pierced her way through his milky-white hands. Making sure that her bite was so lethal that her victim would instantly push her away from them. That was what Baro did exactly, he did not see it coming and with all his might to get her to stop biting him he shoves her away.

Shinwoo who was in the next room hears the commotion and comes running into his room which was specially made to keep his clothes. There he sees Ah-ra under a pile of expensive clothes. While folding his arms, he slowly heads to the mess that she had created and unravels her under the pile of clothes.

'' You're going to be the death of me... Yah, Shin Ah-ra. How am i going to live if you keep on getting pushed into things? Are you alright?'' Shinwoo pulls her out and checks whether she was alright.

'' I'm okay... most importantly...since you're here...help him dress up. I'll be waiting. " Ah-ra points to Baro as she gingerly walks out of the room.

Baro dumbfoundedly stares at her as she walks out of the room. It was as if he was in a dream, he was a certified bodyguard and this little girl just simply bites him so that he would change out of his uniform? For a moment, he was waiting for her to beat her way out from his arms or maybe do a leg-lock to make him trip, the bite was really unexpected. His eyes sparkled as he secretly admired her backview, not only was she gorgeous but...she was just brilliant! 

* Before exiting the room, Ah-ra turns to look at him and sticks her tongue out at him *

'' Merong~~'' Ah-ra playfully teases him and happily skips to the living room.

* Shinwoo observes Ah-ra's actions and tilts his head to look at Baro *

" Haiz... first a car, then a glass door, now my clothes... how am i supposed to stop worrying..." Shinwoo sighs as he cleans up the mess.

* Baro changes into normal clothings and heads to the living room *

Ah-ra who was sitting on the leathered-sofa waiting for Baro, immediately turns to look at him while he was going down the stairs. The air around him seemed so familiar, where did she see him? He really looks normal now and that face! That cheeky face of him....

'' Baro!" Ah-ra screamed for his name as she ran towards him.

" Sunwoo..." Baro tries to avoid the topic, he knew now that she knew who he was already.

" You're Sandeul's neighbour? Right? Am I right? Why was i so slow...no wonder Sandeul was so moody yesterday after seeing you..." Ah-ra smiled to herself as if she finally solved another puzzle.

" Let's go. We have a bus to catch.'' Baro brushes her off as he heads out of the house.

* Both heads towards the bus stop *

Ah-ra pouts her lips as she places her hands in her jacket. It was awkward since she now knew who he was. She was afraid that Baro was going to tell on her now, all of her bad habits...and how mean she was to him yesterday! 

'' Cha Baro...i... about yesterday. " Ah-ra voices out as she focuses on his now serious face.

" What? That you're sorry for annoying me yesterday? For being childish? Is that it? Afraid that i'm going to tell Sandeul? " Baro accidentally talks back as he turns to look at her. 

" Daebak...you can read minds... You know that i'm not mean right? I-" before Ah-ra could finish her sentence, Baro places his finger on her lips to shut her.

" From now on...listen to me. Shin Ah-ra, i'll protect you with my life. Understand? Get it? I'm telling you this directly. I won't hide things from you. You're not a child anymore. Do you get it? Answer me." Baro got impatient as he painfully gazes at Ah-ra.

Ah-ra looks on to his fingers that were on her lips. Those were stopping her from answering him. She carefully grabs his hands and places it down carefully.

" Araso. Chingu. Don't be so mad..." Ah-ra carefully studies his face and places her hands on his cheeks.

Baro confusingly looks at her. Why was she doing this? What was she trying to do?

'' Your cheeks are so red. It's really warm. The bus is here...let's go. " Ah-ra calmly says those words as she boards the bus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

* Ah-ra finally arrives in her lecture room *

The seat that she had always sat at with Sandeul was occupied by Hea Jung. Ah-ra's heart ache a little at the thought of Sandeul allowing that girl to just sit at her place, although there was no mark or rule saying that it was -Ah-ra's- seat. Next to Gongchan was the aisle, which means she could neither sit with Gongchan or Sandeul since either ways Hea Jung was in the middle. Like a child, Ah-ra stomps to the seat in front of Sandeul, which was exactly the seat beside Jinyoung. She slightly turns her body to glance at Sandeul and places her bag gently on the chair.

'' Sandeul-ah... Good morning..." Ah-ra tries to put aside her feelings about yesterday and greets him.

" Good morning...you're late today..." Sandeul tries to imply that he was unable to reserve the seat for her because she was late.

" Ah-ra! Why are you sitting there? Oh?! Hea-Jung?! I thought you were Ah-ra!" Gongchan who was now aware of his surroundings finally realises that Ah-ra was not in her usual seat.

" It's okay. I'll just sit here today. " Ah-ra turns around to face the front as her eyes were cast on the floor. She was disappointed that Sandeul wasn't doing anything to let her sit beside him. 

Jinyoung enters the classroom with his bag slinged across one shoulder. His hair was in a mess and his lips were pale and cracking. Apparently, he was so exhausted from yesterday's incident that he overslept, he was lucky that his father was able to drive him to school on time. With a slightly flustered body, Jinyoung rushes to his seat and realises that somebody was sitting in his row. It was unusual because everyone was so afraid of him that they wouldn't even go near him. Who was this brave soul?

" Oppa..." Ah-ra mouths those words at him as she calls for him to sit next to her.

" Of course, my baby. Who else...haha. Wait what? BABY. That was so 15 years ago." Jinyoung smiles to himself as he realises that it was Ah-ra.

* Jinyoung sits next to her *

Jinyoung who was aware of Sandeul's presence behind him immediately signals Ah-ra with his hands to take out her phone. At the same time he fishes out for his smartphone to text her.

Jinyoung: Couple fight?

Ah-ra: Not really a fight...he's moody. I don't know what's wrong with him. He's always saved a seat for me. Haiz...i'm waiting like a fool here.

Jinyoung: Really? Should i ask Hea-Jung to sit next to me? Then you can sit beside him...

Ah-ra: It's alright...at least i can feel his presence behind me. That will suffice. 

Jinyoung: You should talk to him after class. That is if he wants to talk. If not just leave him alone, he's going to find you. 

Ah-ra: You seem to know a lot...alright. Let's stop here. It's so weird to be texting you when you're next to me. 

Jinyoung: Ok. By the way, place your hands on my bag i have something to give to you. 

* Both places their phones back to their pockets *

Jinyoung slowly places his hands in his bag as he searches for something. His eyes were fully concentrated on the bag as if he was too eager to get it out. Ah-ra who was also anticipating immediately places her hands near his bag to receive the present from him. Jinyoung chuckled in his heart as he grabbed the small packet in his hands. Carefully, he places his 'present' on her hands and grins to himself as if he was satisfied with himself. Like a child, Ah-ra grabs the packet and when she opens her hands to look at it, she wasn't sure whether to actually laugh or cry . It was a packet of peanuts that Jinyoung had always liked. He could finish ten packet of those in a sitting.

On it was a sticky note that read;

The last time i met you, you were just like a baby. You know, baby. Well, i still sort of look at you like a baby. How old were you? 4? 5? 6? Now that you're dating, take care of yourself. Don't be too easily affected...smile and cheer up okay? I'm sorry that i wasn't able to recognise you on the first day that i met you. Not only that, i made you sick... I'm not sure whether you still like eating peanuts...but we used to like eating these. Now, face the front.- Jung Jinyoung.

Ah-ra was so touched by Jinyoung's actions that she couldn't even turn to look at him. She was happy to have a friend and senior like him, but who was she to receive all of these from him. To always be the one to receive, there was never once she was able to give anything to him. Somewhere in her heart, the thoughts of treating him better was always in her mind. She quickly tears a paper out from her notebook and hurriedly writes something on the paper.

* Ah-ra passes the paper to Jinyoung *

I might not remember you...but my heart remembers you.

Jinyoung carefully read those words. Those words that Ah-ra had written were so ironic because her heart did indeed belong to him at one time, it was just that she couldn't remember it. Of course, maybe at that point of time she was too young and naive. Since he was always there for her, she had always admired him. Those sweet memories of being with her brought the pain in his heart to a halting stop. Just like Ah-ra, who probably got over her first love, maybe he was going to get over Dal-rae too. Jinyoung bit his lips as his eyes focused on the board in front of him.

* End of class *

Ah-ra immediately stands up as she looks around for Sandeul. He was nowhere to be seen. Jinyoung who was aware that she was looking for Sandeul, points him to her. There Sandeul was, walking out of the classroom with his bag on both of his shoulders. His face was as black as his heart. 

" Lee Sandeul! Wait for me! "Ah-ra yells for him as she chases after him.

* Ah-ra tries to catch up with Sandeul  and finally caught up with him at a lonely street *

'' Yah! Lee Sandeul! What's wrong with you?!" again she screams at him but this time she grabs his hands.

Sandeul kept to himself as he stares into her brown eyes. Her kind eyes...that was stopping him from hurting her, stopping him from his plans. He painfully closes his eyes as he hugs her. He spots Baro running up to Ah-ra, to stop him, he immediately pulls out for something in his jeans and places it in his hands without Ah-ra noticing it.

" Lee Sandeul...talk to me. Why are you like this? Are you alright? Are you sick?" Ah-ra tries to free herself from his hug, but the more she struggled the more tighter he held her close to him.

" I think i'm going to get a fever. That's why. When i'm sick, i miss my mother. Shin Ah-ra... can't you stay by my side just for tonight?" Sandeul whispers those words into her ears as he eyes Baro that was looking at him and Ah-ra.

" Yah...you're hurting me. I can't breathe. Ok. I'll accompany you through the night. Sandeul-ah...let me go..." this time Ah-ra tries to wiggle her way out, but to no avail. 

Baro who was looking on saw the evil in his best friend. That look on Sandeul's eyes... for a moment, Baro couldn't believe it... In Sandeul's hands...

" Leave." Sandeul mouths those words to Baro as he held Ah-ra's head close to him.

" No. Don't do it. I'll leave. I'll leave. So don't hurt her..." tears filled Baro's eyes as he slowly retreats away from Sandeul and Ah-ra.