Cupid.

Unrequited Love

* Tuesday *

‘’ I’ll do my best to serve and protect your daughter, sir.’’, Baro formally greets Mr Shin as he bows.

‘’ Alright, she’ll be here very soon. Be careful, she’s quite stubborn…and when she says she’s right, she’s always wrong. Take good care of her; although it’s very unprofessional to say this…protect her as if she’s your own little sister. Cha Sun Woo sshi… that car over there is the one you’ll be using to chauffeur her around.’’, Mr Shin lightly taps on Baro’s shoulders as he passes the car keys to him.

Baro holds his breath as he awaits the appearance of the important person that he was going to hold responsible for. As he surveys around the house, the people living in the house must be filthy rich, the strong scent of fresh flowers filled the living room. Even the furniture’s were well polished and the leather seemed to be made of good quality. At the back of his mind, the young lady he was going to handle was going to be a difficult one, but it’s alright, he’ll just give her a stern face and talk to her in a low voice to scare her off and make sure she knows that he means business.

‘’ Omma! Onni! Oppa! I’m going off first! I’m going to be late! Bye~’’, Ah-ra rushes down the stairs and blankly wears her heels while she heads out of the house.

*Baro catches up with her *

‘’ Ahgasshi!’’, Baro yells for the scurrying lady as he grabs her shoulders.

His first impression of her was that she was a total spoilt brat, expensive clothes and wearing heels to school? Was she going to study or attract all the boys, Baro smirks and takes two steps forward to greet the missy that he was going to protect from today onwards.

‘’ What? ‘’,  Ah-ra dramatically turns around and her eyes softly gazes into his dark-round eyes.

As soon as both of their eyes met each other, Baro’s heart fluttered slightly as he stared into her gorgeous brown eyes. It was as if he was taken into another universe as he admires those honest eyes, eyes that he could look into and truly trust to be loyal and eyes that he could tell that were smiling from the heart. He was expecting to see thick make-up on her face and maybe the ‘rich kid syndrome ‘.

“ Oh? You’re…hmm… wait… argh…I’ve seen you before…but where…”, Ah-ra bit her lips as she cringes her forehead to recall where she had seen Baro. He was very familiar but she just couldn’t get her brain to remember where she met him.

Baro finally realizes who she was; it was Shin Ah-ra. It’s only his first day at work and this was the person he is going to protect? How worst it could it possibly get? Baro nervously bit his lips as he waits for her to finish processing her thoughts. It was a protocol to only answer his client when he is asked to do so; hence he was unable to speak up. It was as if he was in a ridiculous dream where he was going to go against his best friend. He was serving the Shin's! 

“Ah! Dal-rae’s bodyguard right? Umm…what’s your name again… Harry? No… Ethan?.. All of you looked the same with those black specs and…black suit… I give up… she’s in her room…still preparing herself. I’m running late already…bye.”.

‘’ Ahgasshi, My name is Cha Sun Woo. From today onwards, I’ll be at your service. The car is right there, Follow me.” Baro awkwardly introduces himself and walks towards the car in a serious manner.

“I’m telling you…I’m not Dal-rae! She’s inside… why can’t you get it? Cha Sun Woo? Yah, it’s your first day at work right? I’ve never heard of your name before. Seriously…” Ah-ra ruffles her hair as she gave Baro the death-stare. She was already running late and this random bodyguard mistakes her for her sister. How great…

“GET IN THE CAR SO I CAN FREAKING DRIVE YOU TO SCHOOL.’’, Baro silently screams in his heart as all he wanted to do was to actually just poke her eyes and make her get in the car.

* Baro pinches his thighs to prevent himself from saying those words *

‘’ I’m very sure that you’re Shin Ah-ra. Ahgasshi, you’re going to be late for school. Please get in the car… I’ll have to report this Mr Shin if you don’t get in the car, it’s an order. From today onwards, I’ll be with you at all times till you’re safely home.”. Baro slightly raises his voice to a higher tone to sound extra nice and without thinking he opens the car door for her.

“ Of all the days that I want to go on a date with Sandeul…this random guy appears… *thinks* Well~ I’ll just have to annoy him… it works for all the bodyguards that’s been assigned to me. Then I’ll convince Appa that I don’t need a bodyguard to follow me around.’’, Ah-ra playfully laughs to herself as she gingerly walks to the car.

Before entering the car, Ah-ra tries to act all arrogant and gave Baro the ‘ get lost ‘ look and then slams the car door. In Baro’s eyes, that was definitely a failed attempt at trying to act like she was mean, her eyes and lips gave it away. It was obvious that she wanted to annoy him so that he wouldn’t follow her around and then complain to his management that he couldn’t handle such a cocky client. Well, that’s not going to happen, like the Baro that he was, he was going to follow her till the end of the world and then she’ll admit defeat.

* Baro driving *

'' Why is the car so small? My legs are aching...'', Ah-ra complains as she purposely kicks the driver seat infront of her to annoy him. 

* Baro pushes his driver seat forward *

As Baro pushes in his seat, Ah-ra misses and ends up kicking the air, her legs were too short. She bit the inner of her cheeks and tries very hard to not laugh.  The fact that her bodyguard was actually quite smart at retaliating. Although it had only been five minutes disturbing him, she was already feeling tired of it. For in her head, she was thinking of Sandeul, Sandeul and only Sandeul. 

* Red light *

Baro silently peeks at Ah-ra by the car's interior rear view mirror. There she was like a young child drawing hearts on the car's windscreen as she admires the tall city buildings. That sweet smile on her face, in his eyes she was pretty. 

'' Pretty?!'', Baro accidentally blurts out as he was admiring Ah-ra from the mirror. 

* Slaps himself *

--------------------------------------------------------------

* Arrives in school *

'' You're going to follow me in too?'', Ah-ra questions him as she folds her arms while slightly raising her eyebrows.

'' Ahgasshi. It's an order. I'll sent you to your classroom.'', Baro coldly answers her as he walks behind her.

Ah-ra sighs and pouts her lips. The guy was persistent, what was she going to do? 

♫ Oh my beautiful target~~~ You zoom zoom my heart like a rocket ♫

* Ah-ra picks up the call *

Ah-ra: Sandeul-ah! Where are you?

Sandeul : Behind you. Haha.

Ah-ra: Liar... *sighs*

Sandeul : I'm waiting for you outside class. Hurry up. I miss you already.

Ah-ra: Eung... i'm walking there. Bye~

* Hangs up the call *

Ah-ra couldn't help but glance at her bodyguard. Although she knew her father's good intentions, this was just too sudden, maybe he was worried about her health and safety but it just annoys her so much to have some 'robot' following her. 

'' Cha Sunwoo sshi... it really bothers me that you're following me around... How old are you?'', with her hands around her waist she softly casts her eyes on him.

'' Ahgasshi. I'm only 21. Sorry if i'm bothering you, but i'm only carrying out my job.'', Baro apologises as he bows.

'' 21... shouldn't you be in university?'', the clueless Ah-ra asks him again, without even using her head that if he was 21 and working, he was obviously not as rich as her to be attending such a good school in Seoul.

'' Ahgasshi... you''ll be late for class.'', Baro tries to stop the child-like Ah-ra from asking him more questions.

'' Heung... you're just like everybody else... since you're the same age as me, i thought you were going to flexible and act like a friend. Alright. I'll stop bothering you. Carry on with your work. You can continue to look at me walking.'', Ah-ra sarcastically answers him and walks away.

Baro secretly gave a smile away as she walks away from him. He finally understood why Mr Shin told him to look at Ah-ra like a little sister, it was because she was still rather immature and naive. Now that he was looking a bit closely at her, the way she was walking was rather klutzy  as if she wasn't used to wearing the heels. 

'' JAGIYA! Here!'', Sandeul exclaims as he jumps up and down to greet Ah-ra.

* Ah-ra runs towards Sandeul *

As Ah-ra was running towards him, his attention changes to the black-suited guy that was behind her. As his eyesight was very bad, he tried to squint to get a better look at the unknown guy. His physical appearance was rather close to that of Baro’s. Maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him; after all maybe Baro was on his mind after yesterday’s incident.

“Sandeul-ah, what are you looking at?’’, Ah-ra shakes him as she looks into the direction that he was looking at.

* Baro approaches Ah-ra *

'' Ahgasshi. I'll be waiting for you outside after you're done with class. Bye.'', as Baro utters those words he carefully glances at Sandeul and despairingly walks away, he knew exactly what was going on in Sandeul's mind.

Sandeul dumbfoundedly gazes at Ah-ra, among all the people in South Korea, why must it be the Shin's that Baro is working for. It was as if a part of him was going to be gone, even if he had to forsake their friendship, he would do it. No one was going to be able to stop him with his plans. Unless Baro decides to help him.

'' Oh? Sandeul! What's wrong with your ring?! It's chipped off...'', Ah-ra grabs his finger as she touches the chipped off part of the ring.

'' It's nothing... I accidentally dropped it on the floor... lets go.'', Sandeul nonchanlantly enters the classroom as he brushes Ah-ra off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

* End of class *

'' Alright, i've received all of your project works. That's all for today. Class dismissed.'', Mr Park announces as he packs his things up to leave the classroom.

Ah-ra turns to look at Jinyoung who was in front of her. She was really desperate for his help, with Gongchan and that busybody bodyguard she knew she was going to go nowhere with Sandeul if those two people were hot on her heels. The only person she could think of was Jinyoung, after all after that incident Jinyoung tried to cover up for her. Maybe she could ask him for another favor.

* Ah-ra hurriedly writes something on the paper and throws it to him *

Jinyoung reaches for the paper and carefully scans through it.

Oppa. Help me. I'm going on a date with Sandeul. Gongchan is always following me around. Plus, my dad, he assigned a bodyguard to take care of me. Can't you help me distract them? It's alright if you can't help. I'll just have to go with those two then...

fROM: SHIN AH-RA. 

To: Jung Jinyoung, the most cutest handsome nicest AWESOME person ever.

Jinyoung reaches for his phone to text Ah-ra *

Jinyoung: * Coughs * Date? 

Ah-ra: Oppa! This is not the time to joke... 

Jinyoung: Araso. I'll help you. 

Ah-ra : Thank you! Oh, btw that bodyguard guy, his name is Cha Sunwoo and he's wearing a total black suit.

Jinyoung : Ok. I'm not doing this for free. Enjoy yourself. Remember, no kissing!  I'm not going to turn around to look at your annoying face. No wonder you're wearing heels today. You look better without makeup anyway. Plus, you're going to attract all those weirdos. Alright, bye.

Ah-ra : Since when were you so concerned about my appearance.... I'll make sure to repay your kind deed! Oppa! You're the best! 

Jinyoung carefully stands up and turns around to look at Ah-ra. Forgetting that he had texted her saying that he wasn't going to look at her annoying face. Seeing her bright face made him happy. At the very least, this was the only thing he could do for her. After all, they were childhood friends right? He was a bit worried for her, the world of love that she was going to step into, the pure and naive love that she was going to experience, comes with a everlasting pain. At first, he himself was too naive and trusting to love Dal-rae whole-heartedly, the sheer happiness that love brought to him, he could never trade those moments in his life for anything.

Jinyoung approaches Gongchan *

'' Gong Chan Shik...'', Jinyoung awkwardly calls for Gongchan as he bit his lips.

* Gongchan freezes in horror *

'' Ye-yes? Sun-sun-sunbaenim.'', Gongchan stutters as he fearfully stares at Jinyoung.

'' Haha... i'm not going to eat you up. Umm... you can call me hyung. I'll treat you to dinner today. How about that? I have something to tell you.'', Jinyoung wraps his arms around Gongchan's stiff shoulders and winks at Ah-ra.

Ah-ra heaves a sigh of relief as she watches Jinyoung distracts Gongchan. The only thing that was bugging her now was about where she was going to bring Sandeul for a date. The whole day he only kept quiet and kept everything to himself as if he was deep in thoughts.

'' Ah-ra! Lets go! Wooh! I'm so excited!'', all of a sudden Sandeul comes running to her while grabbing her hands.

'' Sandeul-ah...what's wrong with you... i thought you were upset with me the whole day...you didn't even-'', Sandeul stops Ah-ra by putting his finger on her lips.

'' You're a distraction that's why... who told you to wear such attracting clothes today... I couldn't even focus on the class... I'm hungry. I don't joke around when it comes to food so you better find a place for us to eat.'', Sandeul pulls a long face and tries to act cute.

* Both of them held hands as they headed towards their destination *

-------------------------------------

♫ Oh my beautiful target~~ You zoom zoom my heart like a rocket~~~ 

Ah-ra : Oh. Jinyoung oppa? 

Jinyoung : Yah... where are you now? 

Ah-ra: Eating at...uhh..i don't know.

Jinyoung : That bodyguard of yours... i didn't want to worry you. I couldn't find him. Only Gongchan is with me. 

Ah-ra: What?! Araso...araso... thank you anyway...

Jinyoung : Umm... hang up now. Enjoy your date.

* Hangs up *

'' Who?'', Sandeul questions as he finally finishes his meal.

Ah-ra only smiled as she took her last bite. She didn't really want to answer him lest he gets jealous and then goes into a bad mood again. 

* Ah-ra and Sandeul talking in the restaurant *

Jinyoung nods his head at Gongchan as the both of them spied on Sandeul and Ah-ra.

'' Hyung, where do you think they're going next. This is fun to watch...haha...'', Gongchan laughs as he earnestly clasps both of his hands.

'' I'm not sure either... we'll see. Baro sshi, just be a little patient. Haha... isn't this fun? Rather than being a third person disrupting their date?'', Jinyoung laughs as he watches the stumped Baro.

'' Only for today... i'll get fired if anyone finds out... Get in the car, looks like they're done with dinner.'', Baro sighs as he enters the car.

Surprisingly, Jinyoung has such great charisma and influence that Baro felt emotionally attached to him instantly and agreed to give Ah-ra some slack to go on a date with Sandeul. If only Jinyoung knew the truth behind why Sandeul was dating Ah-ra... all he could do now was watch the 'drama' that Sandeul was acting in. He is such a great actor.

'' Baro Hyung... this is really fun! Ah...i can't believe Shin Ah-ra and Lee Sandeul is leaving me out... it's ok...this is better...keukeu.. Jinyoung hyung, you're totally like a cupid...aigoo..'', Gongchan laughs cheekily as he enters the car.

Jinyoung pursed his lips as he watched Ah-ra and Sandeul. If they were going to date, let them date openly. There was no use in dating secretly like him and Dal-rae because one day she's going to get sick of the 'secret' relationship. It was better this way. 

'' Shin Ah-ra... haha... I'll make today the happiest day in your life...'', Jinyoung whispers to himself as he too enters the car to follow the two couple to their next destination.

 

 

(A/N: I'm sure the first part must have confused most of you...because it was so sudden. haha. That was Baro reporting to work...haha. I think his character as a bodyguard really suits him because he really can run fast ^^ So in this chapter, Jinyoung is playing the cupid and the guardian angel for Ah-ra. :D )