''You have pretty eyes.''- Lee Sandeul.

Unrequited Love

* Sandeul and Ah-ra finally finds their classroom/lecture room *

'' Good morning, my fellow students. I welcome you to Seoul Academy of Arts, as music students, i'm sure many of you here aspire to be singers, composers and possibly a music teacher like me. I'm Mr Park. My mission is to make all of you discover a world beyond ourselves, wherever you take your aspirations-as a performer, teacher, or in pursuit of further studies, i am here to help you make the next step.'', announced Mr Park to the class as he passed around papers to the students in the class.

As the papers went around the class, Sandeul grabbed two of the papers, one for him and one for Ah-ra. 

'' Thanks'', Ah-ra mouthed those words as soon as she received the paper from him. She then tucks her luxuriant hair behind her ears as she carefully reads the lecture notes given by Mr Park.

'' No problem...'', Sandeul answered her with a sweet smile and turned to face the lecture board.

As soon as the sound of passing papers stopped, Mr Park proceeded on with the next part of the class.

'' Okay class, since this is the first time we're meeting one another, let's take some time to introduce ourselves to the class. Share with us your name, your hobbies and your aspirations.'', declared Mr Park to the 20 something students in the lecture room.

Mr Park started the introduction off with the person sitting in the front row.

'' My name is Han Hea Jung. I love playing the piano and i aspire to be a pianist. I look forward to enjoying the classes with my new classmates. Thank you.'', Hea Jung introduced herself and ended it with a humble smile and bow.

Finally it was Sandeul's turn to introduce himself. He stood up confidently and fixed his outfit. Everyone paid attention to him.

'' My name is Lee Sandeul. Ah... I love singing and it is what that keeps me going in life. I hope to be a singer one day, so please keep a lookout for me. Haha, and with that... Thank you.'', Sandeul ended his self-introduction awkwardly and quickly sat down as his face turned red from embarrassment. 

Mr Park then looks at Ah-ra, a gesture to show that it was her turn to introduce herself to the class. Ah-ra's heart skipped a beat and she carefully got up from her seat. She tooked this chance to take a good look at her classmates that were staring at her.

'' Umm.. My name is Shin Ah-ra. Uh.. My passion is composing songs and at the same time i like to play the guitar. In the future, i would like to collaborate with great composers such as Yoon Jong Shin-nim. My family is what that makes me motivated to actually pursue my dreams. I will be a good student, thank you'', Ah-ra shyly ends her speech and hurriedly sat down.

'' Alright, very good. This is very interesting. I hope that as a class, everyone of you here will help each other and regard each other as a family. As juniors, i will now introduce to all of you, some of your seniors that will be here to guide all of you here.'', Mr Park added in.

*A group of fierce-looking students steps into the lecture room.*

All the freshmans in the room literally stopped breathing looking at the scary-looking seniors. Sandeul glances at Ah-ra to see her reaction, suprisingly she was rather calm, her brown eyes mesmerises him once more. He briskly turns back to face the seniors standing in front and tries to pay attention to them instead of Ah-ra.

'' They will now introduce themselves. You guys may start now.'', Mr Park instructed the seniors to start introducing themselves.

'' I'm Eun-mi, Year 3 student. For those of you who are aspiring to be a pianist. I'll gladly guide you juniors.'', Eun-mi smiled as she looked around the classroom.

'' I'm Kwang-ho, with great and powerful vocal skills i'll make sure that those here who aspire to be singers will succeed with their dreams.'', announced Kwang-ho confidently as he paid special attention to Sandeul after hearing his introduction speech.

*A couple of seniors introduced themselves.*

'' Lastly, I'm Jung Jin-young. I don't tolerate amateurs that gives up easily and i treat composing music seriously.'', Jinyoung coldly declared, that statement send chills down Ah-ra's back.

-------------------

* 3 hours in the lecture room and finally class ends*

Everyone leaves the class quietly and proceeds to go for lunch. Ah-ra blindly leaves the class and was deep in thoughts. She was wandering about  how strict her senior was, especially Jinyoung who was in charge of composing songs. Unconsciously, she pouts her lips. Sandeul tries to catch up to Ah-ra, he stands by her side and sees her pouting her lips. Automatically, his eyes shined as he observed her being deep in her thoughts.

'' Ah-ra sshi?'', Sandeul went up to her and waves at her face.

Ah-ra slowly looks up and sees Sandeul's bright looking eyes. She flashes a smile and awkwardly places her hands on her head.

'' Do you want to go for lunch together?.. Umm..since it's a two hour break. Everyone just disappeared like that, i didn't even had the chance to get to know the others...'', Ah-ra awkwardly asked Sandeul to accompany her during the long break.

'' Of course.. That was exactly what i was going to say.'', Sandeul's face glowed as he answered her again he focused on her ravishing eyes.

Ah-ra and Sandeul looks around for a place to sit down and chill. Both of them headed towards the outer part of the campus where there were benches and tables to take a break. 

'' Let's sit there... the campus is indeed magnificient. Look at those trees!'', exclaimed the excited Sandeul.

* Heads toward the bench and sits down*

Ah-ra gently places her bag next to her and takes out a pretty-looking notebook. It was a good place for her to get some inspiration to write songs. Sandeul looks on and also fishes out his mp3 from his bag to listen to songs. The atmosphere got a bit awkward for the both of them. Ah-ra hates feeling that way and took the initiative to get to know more about Sandeul.

'' Sandeul sshi..'', Ah-ra taps on the table.

'' Ah, yes?'', Sandeul removes the earpiece on his left ear.

'' Let's get to know more about each other, since we're classmates.'' Ah-ra smiles with her eyes.

Sandeul gladly complies to Ah-ra's request and opens up to her a little bit more. The both of them spent the next couple of hours chatting and joking with each other. After, loosening up the both of them felt like they had known each other for years. It was the first time for Ah-ra to laugh till she had to hold her sides. Sandeul on the other hand felt relieved that his new friend enjoyed listening to his stories and jokes. Out of the blue, Sandeul makes a suprising statement.

'' Ah-ra sshi, you have pretty eyes...'', Sandeul accidentally blurts out. 

'' What?! Haha! Of course! My parents gave these to me, ah... you're so funny..'', Ah-ra wiped the tears on her eyes that were forming from all the laughter.

As Ah-ra was holding on to her stomach, she looks to her right and all of a sudden her smiling face dissipated. Dal-rae was passing by with a group of friends. Dal-rae smirks at Ah-ra and went up to her. Ah-ra's heart felt like it was going to pop out, what was Sandeul going to think about her sister, what will her friends say about her. 

'' Oh? Ah-ra... my little sister.. you've got a new friend? Good for you... Hi, I'm Shin Dal-rae, Ah-ra's older sister. Girls, this is my little sister, Ah-ra, she's in the music faculty.'', Dal-rae gave a sinister smile as she pats Ah-ra's head.

As Dal-rae uttered those words, her friends were whispering behind her. All of them were astonished by Ah-ra's unique facial features, she looked nothing like Dal-rae. She had innocent-looking eyes and seemed like a nice girl, but obviously shocked by the fact that Dal-rae's little sister was in the music faculty. After Dal-rae had a good look at Ah-ra and Sandeul, she arrogantly left the scene. 

Ah-ra merely sighed and knew that Sandeul was going to look down on her now. She casted her eyes on the ground and felt discouraged. Again, she felt incompetent. Sandeul amazingly understood the tight situation that Ah-ra was in and thought for awhile about what to say.

'' Ah-ra sshi, your sister is indeed graceful like a ballerina. I've heard of her. Haha, you must be feeling burdened right? Don't worry so much, let's head to class again, the lecture is going to start in 15 minutes time.'', Sandeul tried to comfort Ah-ra and he began packing his bag to head to the class.

Ah-ra followed suit and the both of them gingerly walked back to class. As they were walking, Ah-ra innocently peeked to watch Sandeul's face, whether he was still interested in being her friend. Sandeul unaware that Ah-ra was watching him, wore a sweet smile on his face.

 

''Lee Sandeul, you're the first person that didn't turn your back after what Dal-rae had said...Most of the people that i met would shun me and most probably ask why i wasn't up to my sister's standard. Your sweet smile that you're wearing now.. makes me feel secured.''- Shin Ah-ra.

'' Ah-ra sshi, don't be disheartened. It was so obvious that your sister was trying to make you feel inferior to her, but don't worry.. No matter what happens, i'll be here. I hope that as we spend more time together, i will get to know you better. When that time comes, i'll gladly comfort you like a true friend would.''.- Lee Sandeul.