Chapter 7 - The Investigation [Part 1]

How do I move on?

 

Me: Sorry about this chapter being short on description. Christmas is a busy holiday (;-;). By the way due lack of time I probably won’t update till after the New Year. This doesn’t break my original “at least once a week update” promise but because I have been updating more frequently than I had originally anticipated I figured I should warn my readers.

Chanyeol: She is lying about the time problems, she just has writers block! You should have seen her struggling with this chapter. That’s why it’s so short.

Me: Would you shut up! He is lying! Oh Chanyeol did you forget? You’re the brain I’m just the hand who types it, so…who had the writer’s block?

Chanyeol: …Shut it!

Me: I thought so. Any way if we do get the time to write and post before the New Year then we will, but no promises. NOW ON TO THE CHAPTER!


Joonmyun saw Kris sitting on the ground; he had overheard the conversation between him and Chanyeol.

“Kris we need to talk”

“Not now Joonmyun, I need to think of a way to get Chanyeol back…I need him. Without him it feels as if all the happiness has been out of my life, I have lost my sun and I need him back.”

“Then why did you cheat on him?”

“I DIDN’T! FOR SAKES HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT?”

Joonmyun pulled out his phone and showed him the picture

“Oh really then can you explain this?”

“I don’t know how you got that picture; I don’t even remember that happening.”

“But Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw you so we know it’s not a fake, how do you explain that?”

“I DON’T KNOW, BUT I DIDN’T DO IT! You know me Joonmyun; do you really think I would cheat on Chanyeol after how long I have been crushing on him?”

“Then how do you explain the photo?”

“I don’t know…”

“Okay let say I believe you even thought for now I don’t. Let’s trace back your steps on that day. What you did you do all day that day?”

“My evening started…”

“Evening!?”

“You know I don’t wake up early, any way it started at the airport; I went to buy Luhan’s and Tao’s tickets to get them to Korea earlier. Luhan kept complaining about us leaving him in China and that he would miss us, well Sehun, so much until the day he got to Korea. I got tired of hearing him complain so I figured I would buy the tickets, this could be like an early birthday present and if figured if I was going to pay extra to get Luhan to Korea earlier then I might as well pay for Tao as well, that way he wasn’t alone, waiting, also Luhan won’t leave him in China alone.”

“Oh yeah Luhan’s family adopted Tao when he was a kid.”

“Yeah Luhan sees him as the little brother who needs him so he wouldn’t leave him.”

“Kind of like Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”

“Huh?”

“Oh yeah you didn’t know. Baekhyun’s parent adopted Chanyeol from an orphanage.”

“Is that why Chanyeol doesn’t remember anything before middle school?” asked Kris.

“Who knows, all I know is that Baekhyun is very protective of Chanyeol since I meet them in high school.”

“Yeah and why he hates me for taking him, now he taking advantage of Chanyeol’s and my misery to take him back.”

“Well, let solve this mystery then move from there”

“After paying extra, I went to another of those stupid long planning meetings with the teachers. I don’t know why we even had that meeting; we already had the last day planned. At least I got to tell them I was staying a day longer because I was coming back with Tao and Luhan, they didn’t complain much

“You’re getting off topic again.”

“Oh…sorry. Well then after giving Luhan the tickets he was so happy he wanted to repay me. Tao suggested we go out for drinks. We went to an old bar that I used to go in China. I had one shot of rum. I got sleepy and told Luhan I was going back to my hotel. Tao said he would take me back and asked for my card key to my room and for my phone in case of an emergency. I gave them to him. I out about half way there and then I woke up in my hotel room…I think the events of the picture happen in between then.”

“That would be the only reasonable explanation. Did you confront Tao about this?”

“After you took me away from Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s room I got a hold of him. He told me that nothing happened that night and the picture must be photoshopped.”

“And you believed him?”

“I never thought Tao would do this and I knew Baekhyun hated me so what was I supposed to think. I wasn’t till I talk to Chanyeol that I knew Tao was lying to me.”

“Hyung there is one problem with your so called story…”

“What?”

“I have seen you chug a full bottle of Vodka and drive as if you were completely sober. How could one shot of rum knock you out so fast?”

“I never thought about that…do you think Tao drugged me?”

“Well one way to find out. Did that bar have a camera?”

“Yeah, it was above the bartender’s station.”

“Okay let’s talk to the cops and see if we can get a warrant for the tape.”

“Sure……WAIT WE CAN’T!”

“Why not!? If Tao really did drug you then we can’t let him get away with this that is unless you’re lying?”

“No I’m not lying but what about Luhan…he will be devastated, I know what Tao did is wrong but…, Look I know the bar tender. Let get the evidence, clear my name and show the evidence to Luhan, if not he will fight us will everything he’s got and trust me he may not look it but he has connections. After we show it to Luhan we’ll give the evidence to the cops.”

“Fine, but one question: why would Tao do this to you? You motive.”

“You didn’t hear Chanyeol? Tao and I had a fling years ago. But it didn’t go anywhere when I realized that I couldn’t see Tao as anything but a brother and broke it off. This was years ago and I thought he got over it but by the looks of what Chanyeol said; Tao wasn’t over it and is lying to keep Chanyeol away from me.”

“Kind of like if he can’t have you no one can?”

“I guess I just never expected this from him.”

“Hmm…How long until you think we will get the footage?”

“I’ll text him right now. The latest we would get it would be today in the afternoon, but I have another student teacher meeting in a few minutes and knowing them I will be in there for hours because we are planning for the new year.” Kris said while tapping at his phone.

“Don’t worry; just have him send it to my email. This is my investigation so I watch it and see whether or not you’re lying.”

“Still don’t believe me?”

“I promised Chanyeol I would be unbiased in this investigation and I plan to keep that promise.”

“I see. I have to go now, my friend just text back. He said he send the footage for that day to you email. It should be there when you get home.”

“That's fast.”

“He is a bit of a neat freak, even worse than Xiumin.”

“Ah. Call you if I find anything.”


Me: END OF THE CHAPTER……So…Tao is evil?

Tao: WHY ME!? Now I have to go hide! –Runs away–

Kai: TAO IT IS JUST A STORY! I don’t know why you guys fear the readers

Me and Chanyeol: Because the readers are all powerful, all knowing, and can tear us to bits.

Kai: Ah…I see. I’m just gonna go find Tao and Kris… -Runs- I’M NOT AFRAID!

Chanyeol: He said while running away

Me: So is Tao evil?

Chanyeol: Who knows I might make Kris a liar or keep Tao evil…I just I didn’t think this far along!

Me: I THOUGHT YOU HAD THIS FIC ALL PLANED OUT!

Chanyeol: Well…I don’t.

Me: …let’s just do the outros and then we are having a looooonnnggg talk about the plot of this fic. Just you, me, and maybe my good old friend the baseball bat if I don’t get some answers!”

Chanyeol: NOOOO! –Runs–

Me: Let see…Kai, Tao, Chanyeol, and Kris are gone. Baekhyun, D.O., Luhan, Xiumin, and Suho have already done the outros leaving Sehun, Lay, and Chen. Okay, you guys are up; I have to go interrogate me a Chanyeol cya.

Chen: Okay…I think today just topped my list of craziest days.

Lay: Back on topic, thank you KINNEYTAYLOR6, and Joyun16 for subscribing to our fic

Chen: Even if our writers Jenna and Chanyeol are crazy.

Lay: …

Chen: And thank you PrincesO, PandaKimmy, SeoB2uty, KINNEYTAYLOR6, Joyun16, and eunhaeonkeymyungjong for commenting. They give us strength to put up with the crazy writers.

Lay: -looks around- you really shouldn’t call them crazy.

Sehun: yeah they might come and get you hyung. Anyways thank you to all who took the time to read this fic, even if you didn’t like it. I mean you giving up time to read when you could be doing something else and it makes us all feel honored.

Chen: wow he said that all without lisping once.

Sehun: …I’m gonna go get Jenna and tell her what you said about he being crazy.

Chen: You wouldn’t dare!

Lay: Hehehe…well this is the end, sorry about them, again thank you all. Umm…does anyone have any new predictions for the next chapter?