Chapter 10 - A Trip Down Memory Lane

How do I move on?

 

Me: Holy crap was I close to braking my one week promise, had school and sister just made me  baby sit for her for a while WHEN IT’S HER JOB NOT MINE! (I’m not even going to be paid for that small bit ;-;) Well I finally finished it this chapter. By the way Grey is for flash backs, and Blue is for interior thoughts…in case you forgot.


Baekhyun felt nervous walking into Chanyeol’s apartment, today he was going to confess all of his feelings.

“I’m going to go set up a spot for you on the table. You know the drill” explained Chanyeol

“Yeah, yeah, make myself at home.” Oh good now I have some extra minutes to collect my thoughts.

As Chanyeol walk to his kitchen Baekhyun sat on Chanyeol’s couch.  He looked to the Kitchen and watch Chanyeol walk around trying to set up a spot on the table for Baekhyun. He smiled and looked down at the coffee table where he saw Chanyeol’s cell phone. I don’t think I will need to but just in case Tao s up again. Baekhyun grab Chanyeol’s cell phone and turned it off and put it back on the coffee table just as Chanyeol reentered the living room.

“IT’S READY!” yelled Chanyeol

“No need to yell Chanyeol” smiled Baekhyun at his derpy friend and the love of his life.


Chanyeol sat down at the table and look at Baekhyun as he sat. He looked nervous. Maybe he scared to try the soup…I think it’s good.

“Chanyeol umm…”

“Baekhyun it you don’t want to try the soup the just tell me”

“No it’s not that it’s just…remember I said I came here to talk to you about something well it just…!” Baekhyun yelled loud enough to startle Chanyeol.

“Okay…seeing as it’s not the soup, how about you try it and tell me what you think about it, then hopefully by then you will have you thoughts together enough to tell me what’s on your mind hmm?”

“Yeah,” sighed Baekhyun then he took his spoon and sipped a bit of the soup, “Holy crap this is edible!”

“I know who would have thought I; Park Chanyeol was capable of cooking something.”

Just as Chanyeol finished his sentence his home phone rang.

“What is that?” asked a started Baekhyun

“Oh my home phone”

“You have a home phone?” asked Baekhyun when it stopped ringing.

“Yeah I got it before the trip to china, it just with Kris trying to call me a lot after we broke up I disconnected it for a while.”

“Who knows your number?”

“Nobody” except for Kris but I probably shouldn’t mention that. He will get angry that I never told him.

“Then who called just now?”

“Don’t know. Maybe telemarketers?” suggested Chanyeol when his phone started to ring again.

“I should pick it up and say I’m not interested in what they’re selling” explain Chanyeol as he got up and walk to his phone.

The moment he picked up the phone he was bombarded with a hysterical Joonmyun. “CHANYEOL HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PICK UP A PHONE AND WHY IS YOUR CELL PHONE OFF!?”

“Ummm…”

“Forget it, just listen to me, you’re not safe. Kris didn’t cheat on you; Tao drugged him and made it look like he did so you guys would break up!”

So he didn’t cheat on me… Chanyeol felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulder. He had tried to forget Kris but it had proven to be very difficult.

“Wait a minute what do you mean I not safe?”

“Tao wasn’t working alone, Baekhyun plotted the whole thing”

“What!? He wouldn’t, didn’t.”

“Chanyeol I think you should put the phone down” said a pissed off Baekhyun who was right behind Chanyeol and had heard everything. Chanyeol was started and drop the phone. When he saw the pissed off look in Baekhyun’s eyes he began to backed away.

“Why Baekhyun…we’re best friends…why would you hurt me like this?”

“Don’t you see!? I LOVE YOU! But you never notice me, just ING KRIS! But now he is out of the way! WE CAN BE TOGETHER!” screamed Baekhyun with a crazed look in his eyes.

Chanyeol was scared but he had to tell Baekhyun the truth. “Baekhyun…I’m sorry, I’m so sorry but I have always seen you as a brother and as a close friend. I also haven’t gotten over Kris; he has effect my life in more way than you know, he helped get rid of the nightmares I used to have, but since we broke up the nightmares have come back worse than before.” Baekhyun flinch at this statement but Chanyeol continued, he had to set Baekhyun free from his fantasy of them being together, “I’m sorry but I don’t think I will ever see you the way you see me, but I know you can find someone better. I’m sor-”

“OH SHUT THE UP! AFTER ALL THE LOVE I HAVE GIVEN YOU, YOU’RE GOING TO RESPOND TO MY LOVE LIKE THAT! HELL NO!” Baekhyun scream as he grab the lamp by the coffee table and smashed it on Chanyeol’s head knocking him out cold.


Chanyeol was hiding in the closet.

“Chanyeol? Oh Chanyeol? Where are you Chanyeol?”

Please don’t find me…please.

“Oh Chanyeol there you are! What are you doing hiding in the closet?”

“O-oh I j-just wanted to p-play hide and s-seek with you…y-you found me…”

Baekhyun smiled at a sixth grade Chanyeol. “Oh you,” he said as he grab Chanyeol’s hair and lifted him up, “How many times do I have to tell you I hate that game DON’T DO IT AGAIN!” he yelled as he slammed Chanyeol’s head into the wall. Then he proceeded to hit Chanyeol all over his body. When he was done he took Chanyeol by his hand gently and lifted him up off the ground and proceeded to brush the dirt off of Chanyeol.

“Let’s go eat now. I couldn’t eat earlier because you were hiding” he said as he took Chanyeol’s hand and they walked out of Baekhyun’s room on the second floor.

You may wonder why Chanyeol would hide from Baekhyun if a beating was the end result. It happened a few weeks ago when Baekhyun’s parent took them to a park at Baekhyun’s request. Chanyeol saw some children playing. One was counting while others would run around and hid in different places.

“B-B-Baekhyun, w-what are t-they doing?” shuddered Chanyeol

“Oh there playing hide and seek, I absolutely hate that game”

After that day Chanyeol got an Idea he began to hide from Baekhyun whenever he was afraid and whenever Baekhyun found him he would use the excuse that he was playing hide and seek. He would still get a beating but it would be lighter because Baekhyun would be happy to the fact that Chanyeol was play with him. Baekhyun used to be nice to Chanyeol when he first came to the Byun house hold but because of Chanyeol shy nature as a child he didn’t warm up to Baekhyun as fast as Baekhyun wanted him too. Eventually this lead to Baekhyun becoming more violent and cruel to Chanyeol and it was a lot worst if Chanyeol showed any fear to Baekhyun. Once Chanyeol had cried saying that he was scared of Baekhyun and that he didn’t want to play with him anymore. This had leaded to Baekhyun beating him with a bat. Luckily nothing was broken because Baekhyun was so weak but Chanyeol had ended up bed ridden for weeks. Ever since Chanyeol had learned to never show his fear or cry in front of Baekhyun.

“B-Baekhyun, where i-is dad a-and m-mom?”

“ERGH! Seriously we need to get rid of that stutter” Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol had that stutter all his life but in reality Chanyeol had developed it out of his fear of Baekhyun, Chanyeol just told him that it was a natural stutter to avoid a beating.

“I-I’m s-s-s-sorry…a-ab-bo-bout m-my stu-stutt-stutter.”

“Don’t worry I’ll tell mom and dad to hire someone as for where they are at. They’re at the store, I told them I was craving Ice cream so I told them two go two different Ice cream stores and buy me the best Ice cream they had.”

Another thing Chanyeol had learn when he first got to the residence was whatever Baekhyun wanted he got it, not matter what it took and how much It cost. Baekhyun was an only child and supposedly his mom couldn’t produce children which is why his parents thought of him as there miracle child which is why the spoiled him and gave him whatever he wanted.

“B-B-Baekhyun d-do y-y-your parent’s a-al-always d-d-d-do w-what y-y-you w-want?”

“Of course, you still haven’t learned that? You’re the biggest example of that.”

Chanyeol stop Baekhyun right when they got at the staircase

“W-w-what do y-you m-mean?”

“When I first saw you, you were playing with a bunch of children at the orphanage. We were driving by when I told my parents to stop, I pointed at you and said ‘mom, dad, I want that toy!’ and so they adopted you and the rest is history”

Toy…TOY!? That’s all Baekhyun thinks of me as?

“B-But B-B-B-Baekhyun…I-I-I don’t w-want t-to b-be y-y-y-your t-toy…I-I-” before Chanyeol could finish his sentence Baekhyun turned around and grab Chanyeol but the collar harshly.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE ME!? WELL YOU CAN’T! YOU WILL BE WITH ME FOREVER WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!” Baekhyun yelled and then pushed Chanyeol hard. What Baekhyun forgot was when the stop by the staircase Chanyeol stopped in front of it, so when he had pushed Chanyeol, Chanyeol fell all the way down the staircase and when he reached the bottom he laid was unmoving. The last thing Chanyeol could hear before he out was Baekhyun screaming his name.


Chanyeol woke up in his living room tied up. He remembered everything that was why Baekhyun keep telling him sorry over and over again when he woke up in the hospital. When he had found out that Chanyeol remembered nothing Baekhyun had told him that they were playing when Chanyeol tripped and fell down the stairs. Chanyeol felt betrayed, sadness wash over him as he remembered but the biggest feeling he had was fear. He began to struggle with his binds when he heard his voice.

“That will do you no good Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol looked up and there he was looking at him with a crazed look, in front of a barricade, in front of Chanyeol’s door. Chanyeol could vaguely hear someone calling his name from outside the shaking barricaded but he couldn’t take his eyes of the person if front of him, Byun Baekhyun or as Chanyeol called him for the past years, The Nightmare Kid.


Me: Wow Baekhyun, your ed up…Baekhyun? Baekhyun? Where did you go?

Kris: the moment the chapter ended he and Tao ran away.

Lay: Xiumin, Luhan, Sehun, and Kai went to go comfort him.

Me: …I should make these outros short so I can go check up on them…let see that leaves Kris, Lay, D.O., Chen, Chanyeol, and Suho…so who wants to do it…?

Everyone: …

Me: Come on Guys…FINE I CHOOSE! Last week we did the bad guys this week let’s do EXO’s Angels Lay, D.O. and Suho

Chanyeol: OHHH good one!

Me: Me and Chanyeol will be back at the end so look forward to it!

Lay: Hello everyone I’m Lay of EXO

Chen: EVERYONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE!

Chanyeol, Kris, and Me: SHUT IT CHEN!

Me: Continue at you own pace Lay

Lay: To our new subscribers Lighterain, cla7data, Daenerys, and kate64100 thank you so much and I give you much love -makes a heart with his hands-

D.O.: I’ll go next. Thank you PandaKimmy, PrincesO, and eunhaeonkeymyungjong for commenting, we read them all and smile at love you give us when we know you have read our story.

Suho: And thank you all for reading. This week we passed over 1000 views which is a huge success for us.

Chanyeol and Me: WE’RE BACK!

Chanyeol: We are here to announce that the next chapter will be the last one for this series. But it doesn’t mean it’s the end of our writing fics.

Me: Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Tao convinced me to do a Baektao fic, whether it will be a one shot or multi chapter is yet to be decided and the one week update promise will not be valid.

Chanyeol: What about the Baekyeol and Taoris fic?

Me: get comments as a request for those then I will think about it, and not just any request I want ideas. Unfortunately my brain if fried with all the studying I have been doing.

Chanyeol: …you win this round only because I know you have school. If this was vacation time then I would annoy you until you caved in.

Me: …Thank you for your consideration…?

Chanyeol: Also the outros for the final chapter will be a separate chapter in itself, so don’t be fooled it not another add on to the story line.

Me: these outros have gotten to long for my liking and because it’s the last chapter everyone has want to have a say.

Chanyeol: Also there we will be unveiling our new fic.

Me: so you won’t be seen the usual outros at the end of the chapter but in a chapter by itself, just making that clear.

Chanyeol and Me: Anyway THANK YOU SO MUCH SEE YOU NEXT TIME!

Chanyeol: By the way what do you think will happen next chapter?