The Truth Comes Out

Game Connections

Kyuhyun had stayed inside his room for the past 3 days and refused to talk to anyone. Even when all of the members came in his room together to try and cheer him up, Kyuhyun just put in his headphones and turned his mp3 player all the way up. The other members tried everything to try and convince Kyuhyun to leave his bed. They tried going in groups and even one by one, but each time, Kyuhyun just blocked them out with his music. He wouldn’t even look at them. The only time he left his room was to use the bathroom, other than that, he just stayed on his bed and either listened to music or slept.

Kyuhyun even stopped eating. Ryeowook got worried at one point and snuck in the room to leave some food when he thought Kyuhyun was sleeping. The elder could have sworn that he heard his dongsaeng crying and it broke his heart. So Ryeowook gathered all of his hyungs in the 12th floor to try and convince them to keep trying with Kyuhyun. But they all refused and said that all Kyu needed was some time to get over it.

“You guys call yourselves hyungs? Kyuhyun is not eating and he’s been stuck in the room for days! This is not healthy!” Ryeowook’s eyes were starting to water.

Yesung went behind the boy to try and calm him down while Donghae tried to explain why they didn’t want to talk to him. “Ya Wookie, it’s not that we don’t care about him. It’s just that he refuses to even give us a chance and he’s obviously too hurt to talk to anyone. The best thing for him right now is some space.”

The room went silent until Sungmin interrupted the conversation. “What’s wrong with you all? So his precious laptop was taken away and he can’t play his silly game with his new friend. He needs to learn some respect…..This is good discipline for him. The kid is just acting like a spoiled brat.”

Ryeowook stood up in anger. “How can you just say that? He’s our maknae! We all need to take care of him! And especially you Sungmin! He’s your room mate!”

“How can I help someone who doesn’t want to be helped! All he does is push people away! I do feel sorry for him but there’s no way any of us can help!...Unless you want to get on manager hyungs bad side!” The room began to grow more and more intense. It was rare whenever Sungmin got angry, and it was even scarier because never before have Sungmin and Ryeowook ever gotten into an argument that big.

Ryeowook was so mad that he even dropped the honorifics when talking to his hyung. “Ya Sungmin! Start acting like an elder and care for him!”

“Enough!” The room went silent again when Leeteuk began to speak. “I’m the leader of Super Junior. If I can’t bring peace between my dongsaengs, then it is me who has failed as a hyung. So stop fighting, that solves nothing... I’ll go talk to Kyu.”

And within a few minutes Leeteuk was on the 11th floor, walking into Kyuhyun’s room. “Ya! Kyuhyun! What do you think you’re doing?”

Kyuhyun simply ignored his hyung and turned his music up. Leeteuk got annoyed with his disrespect and pulled the headphones out of Kyuhyun’s ears. Kyuhyun didn’t respond. He just glared at Leeteuk and then looked in another direction. Leeteuk knew that Kyuhyun wouldn’t face him, but he knew that Kyuhyun had enough respect to at least listen to him.

“Aigoo…I know you’re hurt but this is no way to act….Kyuhyun…all of your hyungs are worried about you. You’re not eating right and all you do is stay in bed, you won’t even talk to us.” Kyuhyun still didn’t respond so Leeteuk kept talking. “I’m just trying to help you get over this…”

Suddenly, Kyuhyun mumbled something in a very low voice. “I don’t want to get over this.”

“Why not?”

“Hyung, call me crazy, but I actually think I fell for her.”

“Just over a few conversations? You haven’t even met the girl.”

Kyuhyun whispered again. “I feel like I have…”

Leeteuk was shocked and tried to think of the best advice he could give at that point. “Well…you met by fate once…maybe you’ll meet again.” And with that Leeteuk walked out of the room to leave Kyuhyun alone. He tried, but he now felt terrible for his dongsaeng.

That very night, Sungmin was late going to bed and refused to even look at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun wanted to apologize for his behavior but didn’t know where to start. SO he went to bed and thought of how he would say sorry to each of the members.

The next day Kyuhyun finally walked out of his room to eat breakfast with the others. Sungmin was fast to finish his food and went back into the his room. Kyuhyun felt bad and apologized to his other hyungs before following Sungmin into their room. Once there, he got down on his knees to apologize formally.

“Hyung…I know I’m not the best dongsaeng and I know I’m rude but that’s no excuse for me to treat you the way I do. Even if I was hurt, I had no right to disrespect all of you….please accept my apology.”

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun’s position and his eyes softened. “She must be really special to you.”

Kyuhyun looked up at his hyung with wide eyes. “She…She is….i know I haven’t officially met her but-”

“So talk to her.”

Kyuhyun was confused. “I can’t Manager hyung will scold me if I do.”

“You really think he’s worried about a stupid scandal? The only reason he said that was because if anything else happens while he’s in charge of our group, then he’ll be fired.”

Kyuhyun was completely speechless. “How do you know?”

“Last night I went by his office and I overheard him talking on the phone. From what I gathered, hyung’s been in a lot of trouble and Lee Soo Man is getting tired of his sloppy work and how he’s handling SJ. Haven’t you noticed that our schedules are always messed up and how we’re always late to know every event we’re supposed to participate in? If we can’t be professional with our performances because of our lousy manager then that means less money for SM. This is hyung’s last shot to prove that he can still be a good manager. When he told you all of that crap about being a good idol, he wasn’t looking out for our reputation. He was looking out for his job.”

Kyuhyun had to sit down to take all of that in. “I see. But that doesn’t even matter to me now. Hyung deleted my account and now I have no way to reach her.”

Sungmin smirked. “No he didn’t”

“What? How do you know?”

“The reason I was late last night and went to hyung’s office was because I wanted to convince him to give your computer back. I couldn’t stand to see you like that. So when I talked to hyung, he said that he had sorted all of this out and that he was just holding onto your computer for punishment. I asked him if he deleted your account because I knew how much it meant to you. But hyung just smirked and said that he didn’t do that. I was confused but then he said something about having to end it from her end.”

Something suddenly clicked in Kyuhyun’s head. “Hyung! I need my laptop!”

“You can just use mine….but don’t let hyung find out or else I’ll be in just as much trouble.”

Kyuhyun rushed to open his Star Craft account. All of the messages from their last game were still there. He read through all of them and realized that the manager had posed as him to talk to Smalllove. He read through each message carefully until he got to one of the last messages.

               “Smalllove: ….I’m not a stranger

                GamerKyu: Then who are you?

                Smalllove: I’m that little tomboy you grew up with who supported you every step of the way.”

His eyes began to water when it finally clicked. All this time Kyuhyun had been talking to you. He wanted to cry when he kept reading. The one girl he ever really liked had walked into his life without him even knowing. And now he feared that he had lost every chance to reconnect. Ryeowook and Sungmin heard him cry and came in the room to check on him.

Kyuhyun started talking with a blank expression. “All this time is was her…..”

Sungmin was confused. “Who?”

“Remember that best friend that I always used to talk about? The one who I said was my first love?...It was her.”

The room went quiet until Ryeowook suddenly yelled out your name. Kyuhyun’s eyes grew wide.

“You remembered her name?”

Ryeowook just nodded. “Ne….I saw her name in a flyer the other day and I was reminded of her. I was going to show it to you but you were too upset.”

Kyuhyun run up to Ryeowook and grabbed his shoulders. “What flyer?”

“The one about that new showcase that we’re supposed to perform at this weekend. Apparently she contributed to the entire event and she’s supposed to be there for the opening.”