Revealed

Game Connections

You had just finished the last of your designs for the museum and you were ready to submit them in. A smile grew on your face as you admired your finished work. You knew that after you turned in the ads, you career would finally take off since this the work would be displayed in most of the major cities in Korea. You were getting more and more excited as each moment passed. Not only that, because you were a part of the entire project, you were invited to all of the show cases. A smile grew on your face because the first show case was held in Seoul. It had been so long since you had been there and this was your excuse to go back. Not only that, GamerKyu lived in Seoul, and this was your opportunity to finally meet him.

On your way to the bus stop, you held you finished work close to your chest, not wanting anything to happen to them. While sitting on the bus waiting for your stop, it seemed like time had slowed down and you weren’t getting to the museum fast enough. You couldn’t help your eagerness, you were just too excited because of everything that would come out of this once you submitted your designs. Once inside the museum you actually skipped down the hallways until you reached the directors room. You had laid out all of your ad designs on the table for the directors and they loved each and every one of them. Your smile grew from ear to ear as they complimented you on your art work. They informed you that they would have their men display your designs throughout most of Korea to attract people to the exhibit and that you name would be listed on the credits for the entire project. You thanked them all and bowed your head in respect. Before you were about to walk out of the door, that same director who had given you the ticket to the first showcase stopped you. He handed you an envelope and congratulated you on your hard work. You shook his hand firmly and made your way out.

On the bus ride home you opened the envelope and saw a card. You smiled as you carefully took it out, making sure not to bend it. When you opened the card, 2 little sheets of paper fell out on your lap. The first was a check for your work. You examined the amount and you were pleased with what you saw. You now had enough to cover all of your bills for the next few months and you still had enough to keep for your own savings. After you put the check away, you read the card. It was a thank you card that was signed by all of the directors. At the bottom they wrote that they had taken the liberty of using one of your previous designs to make a few of the small flyers that had already been distributed in some parts of Seoul. You figured that the second sheet of paper that fell was one of the flyers. You glanced at it and you were about to put it down when something caught your eye.

                “To celebrate the first showcase, a special stage will be held just outside of the museum before the opening of the exhibition. The special stage includes performances from SNSD, SHINee, and Super Junior.”

Your eyes widened at the last name on the list. You were instantly reminded of that day you visited the apartment. That was one of your last days in Seoul, and one of the reasons why you felt weird about going back. You left without saying a proper goodbye and you almost cut off all of your connections. You were scared that no one would accept you if you came back after all those years. You were beginning to shake and knew that it was just your nervousness. You tried to shake it off by thinking positively. You told yourself that it had been a while and that everyone had probably already moved on and had forgotten about you. You also told yourself that there was a very slim chance of you running into him at the event since he would probably be surrounded by others who would want to meet him. You made yourself believe that, and although it made you a little upset, it helped you to calm down. Once home, the only thing you wanted to do was relax with your computer and finish off the last game so that you could officially pick a time and place to meet GamerKyu.

Back in Seoul, the manager was looking through Kyuhyun’s online account and was reading all of the messages between GamerKyu and Smalllove. He feared that if any of this was leaked to the media, then a huge scandal would break out. He thought that he should take it into his own hands to end it all and thought of what would be the best way to do it. He was tempted to press the delete button when a message popped up on the screen. It was from Smalllove. Suddenly an idea came in his mind.

                Smalllove: Heyy!! Are you ready for our last game???

                GamerKyu: No

                Smalllove: O.o? You don’t want to play? But you promised me one last game and then we could meet.

                GamerKyu: Don’t you get it! I don’t want to play another stupid game and I don’t want to meet you

                Smalllove: …If I can recall, it was you who came up with the idea.

                GamerKyu: Well that was a mistake and you’re nothing but a distraction!

                GamerKyu: Do you even know how busy I am?

                Smalllove: …..no, I don’t. You refuse to tell me what you even do for a living

                GamerKyu: I’m Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior. I don’t have time to play silly games with some stranger online.

                Smalllove: ….I’m not a stranger

                GamerKyu: Then who are you?

                Smalllove: I’m that little tomboy you grew up with who supported you every step of the way.

                GamerKyu: Well if you really supported me and wanted me to succeed then you would stop bothering me and move on with your life.

                Smalllove: Mianhae…I won’t bother you again.

After you sent the last message you immediately deleted your entire account and slammed your computer shut. You felt your entire world crush in your heart and you started to feel a pain in your chest. Everything that you once feared about being was slapped on your face. You felt stupid for ever thinking you could come into someone’s life without being a distraction. And you wanted to punch yourself because of your bad luck. You began to curse out of frustration as you asked why it had to be him of all people. You began to cry and you felt like your heart had broken in two. The last thing you wanted was to be that girl who could never let go. You told yourself that you had moved on, but you finally realized that you had been lying to yourself for years. You still loved Kyuhyun and the life you had with him. And now he hated you.

Suddenly, you remembered that flyer and quickly reached for your phone.

“Yobosaeyo? Director? I don’t think I can make it to the opening event in Seoul next week. Is there any way I can return the ticket to you?

“I’m sorry but there’s no way out. We’ve already booked a flight and a hotel room for you as a compliment.”

“….Is there any way you can cancel all of that? I really cannot go.”

“I’m sorry but everything has already been paid for. Besides, it would look bad on your part if you don’t make it to the event that you took part in. No one would hire you with that type of reputation.”

You knew he was right. “Fine, I guess I’ll be there.” You then hung up your phone and threw it across your room. You told yourself that you had to do this no matter how hurt you were. Work came before anything and you couldn’t keep getting distracted. Somehow, you knew you would have to erase Kyuhyun from your mind. You knew it wouldn’t be easy, but you had to try. But as of right now, you let all of your memories flood back as you cried yourself to sleep.