A Beautiful Friendship

Game Connections

Throughout your entire childhood, if anyone had ever asked you who you best friend was, the first person who always came to mind was Cho Kyuhyun. You both were practically inseparable as kids, and since you were neighbors, you both practically lived at each other’s houses. It was like the world knew to never split you two up because even the school would put you in the same homerooms and the teacher would always put your seats together. You shared all of the same interests and if you asked anyone, they would say that you two were made for each other. And even though you were just kids, both you and Kyuhyun knew something was there.

Growing up through elementary school, you always found yourself hanging out with Kyuhyun and his friend rather than your own. The other girls often made fun of you for that but you would rather play with a game controller instead of a doll set. And that was one of the things Kyuhyun liked about you the most. You weren’t afraid of being hit by a ball but at the same time, you were still girly and liked to pamper yourself with pretty clothes and different hairstyles. He often described you as the most girly tomboys he had ever met. You would just laugh which made him laugh too, but being the evil little boy he was, he would always ruin the moment by teasing you. This caused you to get upset and then you would try to hit him but he would always run away and you both would end up in a silly game of catch.

Going on to middle school and nothing much had changed. You and Kyuhyun still loved video games, watching movies, and teasing each other. The only thing that really had changed was that both of you were a little taller and slightly more competitive.  And as you got older, people’s attitudes become harsher and you and Kyuhyun had learned to support each other no matter what. Kyuhyun had developed a new love for singing while you had picked up sketching. Soon your weekends together consisted of him teaching himself music and you sitting on the side drawing away. Both of you would provide each other with constructive criticism and after that it would be straight to playing Star Craft.

Even in high school, you both still had a friendship like this. And the bond became even deeper as you both started to face new problems in your lives. You, like every other girl at your age, started to become insecure about every little thing. From appearance to the way you acted, you felt like you didn’t belong and Kyuhyun would always be by your side even if it didn’t seem like it. But you were never mad at him for not comforting you like he would as a kid. Kyuhyun was facing his own problems ever since he told his family his plans of becoming a singer. Ever since that day, his family had become harsher on him and tried their best to persuade him into following their dream of becoming a lawyer. But Kyuhyun was stubborn, and he refused to give up his passion of singing. And when he finally had the courage to tell them no, he ended up living a life of stress and hell. With you being one of the few people left to support him, you put aside all of your worries and gave your all into helping your best friend.

You did everything you could to help him. You would spend days and nights helping him study for school since he spent most of his time preparing for an audition. On weekends you would listen to him sing and would give him feedback to the best of your abilities. And whenever he called you, even for the smallest things, you would drop everything to be there for him. When it came closer to the time of his audition, you became his personal cheerleader, encouraging him to keep going forward. You were even daring enough to talk to Kyuhyun’s sister and get her to help you calm down his parents. It took some time, but after a while, his parents started to warm up to their sons dream. They even started to give him support just before his audition. This gave Kyuhyun the confidence he needed to walk through the doors of his audition room. Kyuhyun spent the next few days as a mess, anxious to know whether he made it or not. You constantly found yourself getting an urge to slap the boy as you would always tell him that there was nothing to worry about. And just like that, he got a call a few months later saying that he had been accepted as a trainee and SM Entertainment.