Caught

Game Connections

Kyuhyun was woken up the next morning by someone who was shaking him violently. He tried to push them off but the figured had a tight grip on him and would not let go until he was awake.

“Ya! Kyuhyun! We’re already half an hour late! Manager hyung said the he doesn’t want us to be late for this rehearsal.”

“Then why are you still here?”

“The others said that since I’m your room mate, you’re my responsibility. Which means I’m the one who has to make sure you make it to practice today.”

“Sungmin hyung, let me sleep. I’m tired” Kyuhyun groaned with a groggy voice when he felt his blanket being dragged away from his body.

“Kyuhyun! Wake up! Both of us are going to be in a lot of trouble if you don’t get your out of bed! Pali! Pali!”

“Can’t I just call in sick today and stay in bed? You could cover for me.”

“No. You know I don’t like lying to the others. And besides, you wouldn’t be so tired if you went to bed when you’re supposed to. But instead you waste your precious sleeping time to play some silly games.”

“They’re not silly. Those games are my pride and joy.”

“Well your pride and joy will be taken away from you if you don’t make it to that rehearsal today.”

“Fine.” Kyuhyun knew Sungmin was right, so he dragged his body off of the bed and made his way to the bathroom to get ready.

Within 10 minutes, both of the boys were ready and they ran to the nearest bus stop. By the time they had actually reached the SM building, they had already missed an hour of practice. The two ran down the hallways until they were outside of the dance room. Leeteuk was standing outside and he gave them a look saying that they were in a lot of trouble. Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun took a deep breath as they entered the room. Everyone was sitting on the floor taking a break and drinking water. Their t-shirts were soaked with sweat, which told them that they had practiced a lot of the choreography for their new song, and Sungmin and Kyuhyun hadn’t practiced once. A few seconds later the manager walked inside the room, and the moment he saw Kyuhyun, he motioned him to come to the side so that they could have a talk. Suddenly, everyone’s heavy breathing stopped so that the room was completely silent.

“Kyuhyun, what’s wrong these days? You’re always late and you’ve been slacking when it comes to rehearsals and sticking to your schedule.”

“Hyung, I-”

“I don’t want to hear any excuses. You’ve just been careless lately and it’s reflecting on you as a performer. All of your hyungs are giving 110% for this comeback and you seem like you don’t give a care in the world. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Kyuhyun stayed silent.

“If you don’t care about Super Junior and its reputation then just tell me. I will be more than happy to give you less parts and activities if that’s what you want. Is that what you want? Because that’s what you’re telling me with your behavior lately.”

Kyuhyun still remained quiet. He knew he had no mouth to speak and so he just kept his head down and took the scolding from his manager. That was until Ryeowook had interrupted their conversation.

“Hyung, don’t be mad with Kyuhyun. It’s my fault he was late today.”

Both Kyuhyun and the manager looked at the boy with a confused expression.

“Yeah…I asked Kyuhyun to help me with some composing last night and we lost track of time. We ended up staying awake till early in the morning and that’s why Kyuhyun is so tired and he couldn’t make it to practice on time. The only reason I’m so hyper is because I had a lot of coffee before coming here.”

Kyuhyun smiled as Ryeowook tried to cover for him. And luckily, the manager bought his little lie and left Kyuhyun alone for the rest of the day. Kyuhyun spent the rest of the day thanking Ryeowook and the elder just chuckled and said that it was no big deal. Kyuhyun was thankful that he had such nice members that looked after him like a little brother. He wore a smile on his face for the entire day until he reached the dorm.

He thought that the manager was done scolding him, but he was very wrong. As soon as he and the other members stepped into the dorm, they found the manager inside sitting down on the couch, holding Kyuhyun’s laptop.

“Hyung…what are you doing with my laptop? Put it down!”

Their manager threw the laptop onto the couch and walked up to Kyuhyun. When they were only a few centimeters away, the manager smacked Kyuhyun on the side of his head. Hard.  Kyuhyun then fell on the floor due to the impact and looked up at his manager with fear and anger in his eyes.

Ryeowook and Sungmin went to go see if Kyuhyun was alright while Eunhyuk just stared at their manager in shock. Eunhyuk couldn’t stand when s were hurt and stood up for his dongsaeng. “Hyung! What the hell was that for?”

“Stay out of this Hyukjae! This has nothing to do with you.” The manager was clearly furious and it showed in the tone of his voice.

“Then what is this about?” Kyuhyun asked as he stood up, holding the side of his head that was now throbbing and red.

“What the hell are you doing with your online games Kyuhyun?! There are rumors going around that you’ve met some girl over the internet and there’s a lot of angry fangirls out there. What if this reaches the media and starts a huge scandal? Right before SJ’s big comeback and already a scandal. Really? Is this why you’ve been so tired? You’re bringing down SJ’s name in every respect!” The manager hit Kyuhyun across the face again and the reached for the laptop that he threw earlier.

“Ya! Hyung! Give it back!”

“No! You were careless and if those fangirls hack into your account and find anything else, they could easily start a huge scandal. We can’t afford that.”

“I don’t care! I don’t care about those fangirls or my reputation or any stupid scandal! So what if I’ve met someone! If I’m happy then I will continue to talk to her!” Kyuhyun’s face was now completely red and the other members had stepped away because they were scared of what would happen next.

“Aigoo. You’re so rude too. I’m sorry Kyuhyun, but you’ve proven that you’re just not responsible. I’m gonna have to take away your laptop till the end of this comeback.”

“Hyung! You can’t just do that! That’s my personal belongings! I haven’t even logged off!”

His hyung smirked. “Good, then it’ll make it easy for me to delete your account and to end all of this.”

Kyuhyun knew that if his account was deleted then he would lose all of his chances to meet Smalllove. His blood began to boil and out of rage, he was ready to get up and tackle his manager. Luckily, Sungmin and Eunhyuk grabbed him before he could do anything he would regret. And just like that, their manager walked out of the dorm with Kyuhyun’s laptop. Kyuhyun just sat on the floor in anger as he was fighting back his tears. Yesung, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, and Sungmin all went to comfort him but Kyuhyun just pushed them all away. Instead, he stomped off to his room and made sure to slam the door behind him.