Lovely Day

Game Connections

It was the opening day for the exhibit and you were in your hotel room digging through your suitcase like a nervous wreck. Even thought you were just in Seoul for the weekend, you had packed over 5 different outfits for the event, and now none of them looked appealing at the moment. You were actually considering going in your pajamas since you felt the most comfortable in that. But you had to mentally slap yourself and laid each outfit on the bed, analyzing each one carefully. Normally you wouldn’t stress about your appearance whenever you went to events like this, but this particular event was different. You knew Kyuhyun would be there and you needed to look your best for incase he saw you. It’s not that you wanted him to be jealous, but you wanted to show him that the little tomboy he had grown up with had become a beautiful woman. You wanted to prove to him that you were strong and successful through your appearance. Several minutes later you decided on a simple, deep navy blue pencil dress with 3 quarter sleeves. It was simple, elegant, and very flattering to your body. You dressed yourself up with a black suit jacket, black stilettos, and pearl necklace with matching pearl earrings. You finished up your look by putting your hair in a high pony tail. Once you were pleased with yourself, you walked out of the hotel room and down to the front entrance where your taxi was waiting.

In the taxi, you felt your breathing start to speed up as millions of thoughts about Kyuhyun ran through your head. You had several scenarios play out in your mind and all of them ended up with you crying alone on your bed. You shook your head and tried to clear your thoughts. You kept reminding yourself that you were in Seoul strictly for business purposes and that you didn’t need to put up with anything else. You finally reached the museum and as you got out of the car, you prayed that you wouldn’t run into anyone related to Kyuhyun or even Super Junior.

In no time, the area outside of the museum started to fill up as the workers were setting up the outdoor stage. You mingled with a lot of people and even got some business cards from a few companies and gallery owners who were interested in your work. You slowly began to forget about you worries and just enjoyed the rest of your day. You saw the director of the museum go up on stage to thank everyone for coming and then he introduced the special performances. You were actually having a good time and you were even singing along to the songs performed by SHINee and SNSD. Everyone applaud SNSD as the ladies were finishing up their stage. The next performance was none other than SJ. You felt that tense feeling come back but you tried to brush it off.

One by one, the members walked up on stage and introduced themselves. You thought you were going to faint when you saw Kyuhyun. It had been six years since you had last seen him in person. A frown grew on your face when you something popped into your head. You feared that you had become just another fangirl to him. There was no difference between you and a regular ELF. Sure, you used to be close with the evil maknae, but now, the closest you will ever get to him is when he is on stage and there is a crowd between the two of you. You felt like crying again but held everything back and tried to focus on the performance.

Super Junior performed Bonamana, No Other, and All my heart. And through every performance, you could have sworn that Kyuhyun was staring in your direction. You told yourself that you were just imagining things and that he just happened to be looking in that general direction. You just ignored it and waited for their last stage, Lovely Day. They all sat down on chairs while the crowd grew silent. This calmed you down a bit and you let the music sink in and soothe you as you listened to their melodic voices.

                “I wanna hold your hand. I wanna kiss your lips. I wanna fall in love with you. Must be a beautiful lovely day.”

You felt tears forming in your eyes and you knew you couldn’t hold back any longer. It was like you could only hear Kyuhyun singing the last chorus and you couldn’t stand listening to his beautiful voice knowing that you still loved him and he just thought of you as a distraction. You pushed through the crowd and walked into the museum. You told yourself that you were done socializing and that you had done everything you set on doing. Now you were just waiting for the directors to give you permission to go home, and while you waited, you moved yourself to a deserted area on the upper level of the museum, away from the lobby where everyone would be. You found a little bench and just sat down as you cried.

Downstairs, Kyuhyun and the others had just finished their special stage and were getting off while everyone else went into the lobby for more socializing. Kyuhyun had tried to look for you through the moving crowd and cursed to himself when he had no luck. Kyuhyun would never tell anyone, but the moment he saw you, he was completely blown away. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of you and whenever his part came up, he would purposely try to look straight at your face, as if he were trying to send a message through the lyrics. He felt like an idiot for losing sight of you because now he had no idea where to look. Random men and women came up to him and the members to shake their hands and to get  autographs for them and their relatives. Kyuhyun tried to avoid those people because he was too interested in finding you. The manager had noticed Kyuhyun’s behavior and told Leeteuk to warn him before he could get into more trouble. Kyuhyun looked Leeteuk dead in the eyes and told him that he didn’t care what the manager did to him. He also told Leeteuk why he was acting the way he was and Leeteuk immediately understood and covered for him. Sungmin saw what Leeteuk was doing and went up to Kyuhyun to tell him that he thought he saw you walking upstairs. Kyuhyun thanked his hyung and made his way to the staircase. But before he even made a step up, and hand grabbed his arm roughly. It was his manager.

“Ya! Kyuhyun! Where do you think you’re going? Stay down here and behave!”

Kyuhyun just smirked. “Do you enjoy being our manager, hyung?”

The manager tried his hardest to control his temper in front of all those people. “What the hell? Aish, this kid is really…Ya! Just do as your told and stay with your hyungs. What did I say about knowing your place?....Maybe you need another hit to your head.”

Kyuhyun chuckled and suddenly his smirk faded and he became totally serious. “Hyung, if I were you, I would focus less on scolding me and more on doing your job right.” Kyuhyun then yanked his arm away and continued up the stair while his hyung stood in shock.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Ya! Cho Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun stopped halfway up the stairs and turned around, still wearing his serious look. “Hyung, I mean no disrespect but there’s something I need to fix and there’s no way I’m going to let anyone interfere. Please just focus on doing your job better.” He bowed and then continued up the stairs, not even thinking about how much trouble he will be in when he gets back to the dorm. All Kyuhyun was worried about was finding you. He searched every corner and hallway until he came to a secluded area where half of the lights were turned off. Kyuhyun slowly walked down the empty hallway until he reached the last area. He stopped in his tracks when he finally saw you sitting on a bench. Even though you had your back turned away from him, Kyuhyun could still tell that you were crying.