Chapter 9

Love me, love me not.

“Which one should I get? Hmm..” thought Victoria, staring at the choices the staff had brought out to show her.

“This is really good if you like watching dramas on your phone. It has bigger screen and the resolution is higher,” said the salesgirl.

 “For this one, if you like the conveni...” said the salesgirl and then stopped when she saw someone walking over, and stepped away.

“How about this one?”

“I was leaning on this one since you said..oh?” said Victoria and looked up, realising that the person attending to her has changed into a dashing young man in a suit.

“We meet again,” he said, smiling and crouching down to her level. Victoria was leaning forward on the glass showcase and had her elbow on it. He did the same.

“Meet? Again? Who..” Victoria asked, surprised, her eyebrows furrowing.

“Starbucks? Phone in coffee?” he tried to jog her memory.

“Oh! You’re the guy that I had my hand near your crotch...opps!” said Victoria, covering , standing straight.

He just laughed it off and said, “Indeed that was me.”

“I’m so sorry!” said Victoria in English, blinking her bunny eyes earnestly.

“Kwencanasaeyo,” he said, dismissing her. “So you’re here to get a new phone?”

“Aah deh, I mean. Wait, you’re Korean?!” she asked in a mix of English and Korean, surprised.

“Nah, I just speak the language,” he said, laughing, “I didn’t introduce myself, did I?”

Extending his hand, he said again, “Hi, I’m Nichkhun. Nice to see you again Victoria.”

“Nice to see you too, Nichkhun. I didn’t receive your laundry bill. I thought you lost my card,” said Victoria, taking his hand for a shake.

“Nah, it’s ok. I’m at fault too,” replied Nichkhun. “So, you’re getting a new phone?”

“Yeah, apparently coffee and phone don’t go together, so..” said Victoria. “Ok that’s lame,” she thought.

Nichkhun laughed, surprising her. If it was Changmin, he would give her a stoic face and walk away.

“I’d go with that,” said Nichkhun, pointing to the bigger screen phone. “It’s our latest product which was just launched recently.”

“Geurae? Then, I trust you. I’ll take this 1 then,” said Victoria, beaming at him.

Nichkhun signalled a salesgirl to proceed to wrap it up for her.

“So how much would that..” asked Victoria, turning to the salesgirl.

“It’s on me,” said Nichkhun, interrupting her.

“But..” said Victoria, beginning to protest.

“I insist, it was my fault too,” said, Nichkhun.

“But you didn’t give me your laundry bill. I know that suit is expensive,” said Victoria, standing her grounds.

“Then, why don’t you buy me dinner instead?” asked Nichkhun, smiling.

“Well,” said Victoria, thinking, “That works too, I guess.”

 “Great!” said Nichkhun, his smile growing wider.

Taking the package from the salesgirl, he switched on her phone and began typing.

“Here you go,” said Nichkhun, passing the phone to her, “your first contact number in your new phone.”

Victoria laughed and said, “Deh, so I’ll see you sometime for dinner?”

“How bout Tuesday at 8? I’ll pick you up from your boutique?” asked Nichkhun, his fingers crossed behind his back.

“Sure! I’ll mark that down on my calendar,” said Victoria, starting to walk out of the shop. Walking backwards, she bowed to Nichkhun and said, “Bye now and thanks! Ouf!”

Victoria grunted and turned to say sorry to the person she bumped into and waved back to the man behind the counter.

Nichkhun chuckled at the scene and thought, “Such an adorable clumsy girl, this Victoria.”

Victoria took a sip of paper from her blazer and dialled the number on it. “Yanin? It’s me, Victoria. So I see you at the place we decided earlier?” Victoria asked over the phone.

“Arass..I mean got it. I’m on my way. See you,” she said again and clicked the phone off.

Walking to her car, Victoria then mass messaged everyone that she has her phone back and is definitely contactable now. In return, she got a few messages coming in response.

“So, which phone did you get?” – Junsu

“Thank God! I can't be messaging Changmin everytime I wanna tell you something. I bet he didn’t tell you I called?” – Jaejoong

“Aaah! So did you get the one I asked you to in the end?!” – Luna

“Yah! How come I got the same message as everyone else?!” – Changmin

Victoria smiled when she read everyone’s messages. Closing her car door, she started her engine and thought, “Let’s wait till the beeping stop before I start replying.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading guys~