Cahpter 6

Love me, love me not.

Just like the day before, Changmin didn’t stay for breakfast and went to the office early, with Victoria tagging along.

Changmin was putting on his seatbelt when he heard the passenger door open and slammed shut.

Surprised, he turned to find Victoria smiling at him. Today she had on a white silk poncho top and black leather hot pants. She paired them with 5 inch red pumps, elongating her already long legs. Her face is donned with light make up but what make her stand out more were her red lips.

Changmin could only stare at her, asking, “What are you doing and where is the rest of your pants? I can nearly see your cheeks hanging out!”

Victoria giggled while putting on her seatbelt. Turning to face Changmin, she replied, “One, I do not want to be left alone with your parents especially when I have bad things to report about yesterday and two, what are you talking about? They’re hot pants. You sound like aboeji sometimes, Min.”

Changmin chuckled, shifting gear. “You call that pants? Tsk. I can never understand you creative people. If you’re my girl..”

“But I’m your bestfriend and I’m allowed to wear whatever I want Grandpa Shim,” interrupted Victoria, rolling her eyes. “Shall we have breakfast at that new cafe in front of your office building? It’s still early and you have me to accompany you for breakfast today,” she beamed.

“I usually got my breakfast sent up to me,” Changmin started, making Victoria pout. “But if you insist on having me as your arm candy this morning, I guess I can skip my caviar and biscuits for today.”

Victoria slouched and rolled her eyes, for the second time that morning. “Deh, deh. Whatever you say, Mr.Arrogant-Chaebol.”

Changmin smirked and sped up.

“Go ahead and get me something to eat while I park,” said Changmin, dropping her off at the sidewalk.

“Oh and Vic..” said Changmin looking out.

“Window seats, I know I know,” said Victoria, already walking away dismissing him. Changmin just smiled and drove off.

Victoria was on her phone by the counter, whatsapping with Junsu while waiting for her order.

“Caramel Machiatto frappe and Chocolate mocha latte!” shouted the barista. Without leaving her eyes off her phone, she picked up her order and walked to the seating area. That in itself is a disaster, waiting to happen. And true enough, she bumped into someone walking towards the counter.

“Ouf!” both said. Both Victoria and the stranger fell on their behind, from the impact. The tray Victoria was holding single-handedly flew and landed on her chest. The drinks she just ordered are now smeared onto her white top and the stranger’s pants.

Not caring that her top was also dirty, she got up and grabbed some serviettes. “Oh! I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking!” she said apologetically while trying to clean the stain on the stranger’s pants.

Looking up, she realised the stranger was a man and her hand is dangerously near his crotch. Awkwardly, she moved her hand away and handed him the serviettes instead. “I’m so sorry?”

The man chuckled at her behaviour and said, “I’m sorry too. I wasn’t looking where I was going either. And..”

Victoria waited for him to finish his sentence and tilted her head. “Your top, it’s dirty too. Wanna share these?” he asked, handing some of the serviettes to her as well.

“Thanks,” she smiled, taking some from him. Instead of cleaning herself, she looked down and around. “Where is my..”

Crouching down, the man took something out of the Styrofoam cup and held it up to her. “Looking for your phone?”

Victoria gasped and quickly took it from him. Holding it upside down, water was dripping out of her phone. “Well, it looks like my phone..” she said and looked at him.

Staring at each other for what seems like seconds, they started to burst out laughing. “I’m so sorry; I’m not usually this clumsy. I, oh!” said Victoria and started shuffling into her purse.

Handing him her name card, she continued, “I’m sure your suit is expensive; please send the laundry charges to this place. I’ll pay for it.”

Before the man could refuse, Victoria is already walking away holding her phone in between her index finger and thumb. “I gotta run,” she said, signalling her outfit, “But, I’m really sorry!”

She bowed a 90 degrees and head out. The man could only smile despite the situation and looked at the card which was handed to him. “Victoria Song,” he read out her name.

Victoria’s track was stopped short when she met Changmin by the entrance. “Oh! Hello!” she said.

“Where’s my..What the hell happen to you?!” shouted Changmin, shocked at her appearance.

Walking towards Changmin, Victoria pushed him towards his office building. “To sum it up, bumped into a guy, phone spoiled, coffee stained clothes. Need new ones now!! Palli palli!”

“Yah! I told you to buy me breakfast. To eat. Not to wear!” exclaimed Changmin, starting to laugh at her despair.

”Oh shut up! You have a spare outfit in the office, don’t you? Let’s go go go!” said Victoria, still pushing the tall guy.

“Yah! Yah! I can walk on my own. At this rate, you’ll stain mine too!” argued Changmin. The two continued to squabble all the way to the office.

“Mrs Lee, please get me 2 breakfast sets please,” said Changmin over the phone, while waiting for Victoria to change.

“Qian! Sure you don’t need pants as well? Mine will cover you better than what you have on,” shouted Changmin over the door.

“Oh! Shut up Min!” retort Victoria, making the younger man chuckle.

“There! This should do,” whispered Victoria, looking at herself in the mirror. Leaving the bathroom, she walked over to Changmin. He was having his back to her, reading some of the documents he was to sign.

“So how do I look?” she asks, posing for him.

Changmin turned and found Victoria standing with arms akimbo, turning left and right. She had on his spare white shirt meant for emergencies. But with her wearing it, the shirt has changed from a formal plain top to a, well, very provocative one.

She had tucked it all in her hot pants and has folded the sleeves up to before her elbow. Flicking the collar up and undoing 2 buttons down, it look like the shirt was made to seduce. Changmin subconsciously gaped and just stared.

“Is it that bad?!” shrieked Victoria, running to the bathroom again. “I don’t have time to change and I’m meeting an important client later at 10!”

Changmin broke out of his trance at her shrieking and sauntered to the bathroom. “Yah! You’re fine. I just..”

Victoria looked at him expectantly, “Just?”

“I just think it look way better on you than on me,” said Changmin, rubbing his neck and awkwardly laughing it off.

Victoria beamed at his compliment and walked back into the office. “Why of course! Unlike you, bamboo pole, I have a nice curvy body.”

“Yah Qian! Noh!” shouted Changmin at her back, annoyed. “I’m not a bamboo pole!”

“Bamboo pole! Bamboo pole,” teased Victoria, sticking out her tongue.

“If you don’t believe me,” grabbing both Victoria’s hands, he placed them on his chest and said, “touch it!”

She gasped.

Victoria was trapped in between Changmin’s rock hard body and the desk. Taken by surprise, her eyes widen and she just stood there, feeling the warmth emitting from his body. Changmin, realising the position that he was in, too, had his eyes widen, but his hands still not leaving her wrist.

They stood there for quite awhile until a knock was heard. Jumping away from each other, Victoria half sitting on the desk and Changmin away from her, they pretended like nothing happened.

Mrs. Lee walked in with their breakfast, totally oblivious to the sudden tension between the two.

Not even glancing at Changmin, Victoria retrieved her bag and walked towards the door. “I ah, should be going now. To work. See you later,” she said, walking quickly.

Changmin combed his hair with his hand and replied, “Ah yah, I’ll, just be here. To work.”

Mrs Lee noticing the exchange just left the breakfast on the table and left with a confused look on her face. “Were they quarrelling again?” she thought.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annyeong yeorobeun!

Hope you like this new 1~