Chapter 4

Love me, love me not.

It was 15 minutes past 6 when Victoria found Changmin in his office, still typing away on his laptop. Knocking on his door, she waited for his permission before she let herself in.

Thinking that it was his secretary, he said, without looking up, “Mrs. Lee? Is there anything else? I thought you said you need to leave early?”

Victoria smiled. “There he is, my workaholic bestfriend,” she thought. Dressed in a white shirt, now with the first 3 buttons undone and his sleeve folded up to just before his elbow, he still looks very dashing. His mouth was slightly opened, showing that he’s intently concentrating on whatever he’s working on right now. Her heart skipped a beat. “When has he gotten so handsome, my little Minnie?” she thought, again.

Stopping in the middle of the room, she stood with her arms akimbo. “Since when have 60 year old Mrs. Lee started wearing clothes from my boutique, hmm?” she asked.

Changmin’s head snapped up when he heard her voice. His face instantly lightens up when he saw Victoria. “What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised and for the first time today, smiled.

Walking over to his desk, Victoria replied, “Well, you were ignoring me like a plague since Saturday so I decided to drop by and check up on my little monster.”

Leaning back on his seat, Changmin stretched and said, “Yah! You ignored me first. After the..”

“After dinner,” he repeated quietly.

Knowing what he was talking about, Victoria said, “What was I supposed to do? I was shocked too.”

“You could have sided with me,” Changmin thought but instead he remained quiet.

“Mianhae, dongsaeng yah,” Victoria started. “I should have spoken up for you.”

Changmin just looked at her, giving her his signature stoic face.

“Let me make it up to you. Let’s have dinner now, ok?” she asked. Adding aegyo and batting her eyelids, she asked again, “Pleaaaaase?”

Changmin just sighed and said, “I can never stay angry at you, Qian.”

“Yay!” hopped Victoria and skipped around his desk. Pulling him up from his chair, she made him stand in front of her. Looking up, she said again, “Let’s make you decent before we go.”

Unfolding his sleeve and buttoning the ends, she felt his muscles contracting beneath the cloth. Victoria dismissed the tingling feeling and proceeds to button up his shirt. Being inches close to Changmin, she could smell his cologne, enticing her. Once done, she looked up and caught Changmin staring down at her. She, in turn, just stared back, mesmerised. For mere seconds, the two was just staring at each other, making no plans to move away.

“Qian,” Changmin whispered her name, reaking the silence.

His voice broke her trance and she abruptly turned. Taking a deep breath, she walked a little too quickly towards the clothes hanger. Trying very hard to not fan herself, she tried to compose herself and took his blazer off the hanger. "What's wrong with me? It's not as if this is the first time I was that close! I totally need to get a boyfriend of my own soon!" she thought, blinking her bunny eyes out of nervousness.

Changmin was just as tense. He had felt the tension since she started to straighten his shirt. Subconsciously, he had called out her name in lust. Shocking him, she had turned abruptly and walked away. He didn’t even realise that she had buttoned up his shirt for him. All he felt was her hand on him, making him lose a tinge of self-control.

Looking at her back, he shook his head and tried to compose himself. “You’re scaring her, damn it!” he said to himself.

“Minnie! I got your jacket! Kaja!” said Victoria, already by the door with his jacket and her handbag. Already walking out, she passed of the awkward situation as nothing and shouted, “Last person to the car, has to drive!”

Changmin smiled and shouted back, “Yah! Not fair! You cheated!”

Of course, Changmin lost and had to drive. “So what are we having tonight?” he asks.

“You favourite of course! We’re going to that western restaurant near Mrs. Watson's bakery. You can have everything!” exclaimed Victoria. “On me!”

Changmin looked sideways to Victoria. “Everything?”

Knowing his huge appetite, she said confidently, “Yup, everything!”

“It’s the least I could do for trapping you into this,” thought Victoria, biting the sides of her lips.

Reaching the restaurant, the bestfriends were quickly ushered to their seats. Grabbing the menu, Changmin’s eyes gleamed. “It’s been awhile, since we came here. It’s always full.”

“Of course, uri Qiannie. You’re lucky to get reservations!” said Changmin, eyes still on the menu. Then, he pouted. “I can’t decide which one to get first!”

Victoria giggled. Calling out for the waiter, Changmin started his order for the 1st serving. Changmin was having a good time listening to Victoria’s animated description of Junsu’s presentation today. “And he thinks that they were clapping at his fabulous designs, not knowing that the ajummas were actually looking at his , like a vulture who can’t wait to bite on its prey!”

“Junsu does seem quite dense sometimes,” said Victoria, drinking her wine.

“You’re one to talk,” mumbled Changmin.

“What?” asked Victoria.

“He’s real weird, our Junsu,” replied Changmin instead.

“He is, isn’t he?” said Victoria, her bunny eyes wide. Then, she got a text from an unknown number.

Hello Victoria-shi. I got your number from Mrs. Shim. I'm sorry, I’m late. Will be there soon.

- Yanin

“Oh? Omoni must be real worried Changmin bailed to give her my number,” Victoria thought.

Victoria texted back and continued with dinner. Noticing that she was busy with her phone, Changmin asks, “Who’s that?”

“No one,” replied Victoria, quickly. “So, up for 2nd round?”

Already picking up the menu, Changmin looked at Victoria, faking a shocked expression. “Why are you even asking? Catch up, you’re still not even half done with your salad, bunny.”

Victoria just smiled. “Eat up, Minnie. You’ll probably have no appetite soon,” she thought.

The two were still eating and laughing at each other’s jokes when Victoria saw a petite, young woman walking towards their table. Dressed in a dress with her long straight hair let down, she looks absolutely stunning. Recognising her, Victoria stood and smiled. “Hello!”

Changmin looked up at Victoria and turned to the direction Victoria was looking at. His expression went from surprise to shock to grim. Realising who the person was, he muttered under his breath dangerously, “Victoria Song Qian.”

Although it was low, it was loud enough for Victoria to hear. Ignoring him, she ushered Yanin to seat. “Here, here, please take a seat.”

“Hello, Victoria-shi, Changmin-shi. Sorry I’m late,” greeted Yanin, taking a seat.

“Late?” Changmin thought. Then it struck him. Turning to Victoria, he stared at her with wide eyes. If looks could burn, Victoria should have already been burning.

Victoria broke in cold sweat. “Heh.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New week, new update! How is my fellow chinggus doing?

So our favourite people are in a difficult situation and it seems Victoria's in big trouble.

Hope you guys are still interested and still tuning into my fic.

Thanks for reading~