Chapter 11

Love me, love me not.

“Try this, Qian! It’s to die for!” exclaimed Changmin, holding his sandwich for Victoria.

Victoria looked at him sceptically and said, “You? Offer me your food?! Have you lost your marbles?”

Albeit being wary, she took a bite off his sandwich. “Mmm! It’s delicious! But I think my cro..”

Before she could turn to her food, Changmin has stealthily stolen the whole plate from her. “Yeah your croissants definitely looked way better. Don’t mind if I do!”

“Yah! Then what am I supposed to eat?!” shrieked Victoria. “I’m famished from the flight!”

“Qiannie, you still have your orange juice. Eating too much can make you fat you know,” exclaimed Changmin with his sandwich in 1 hand and her croissants in another. Looking at her figure, he said again while biting on one of them innocently, “you seemed like you’re well on the way..”

“Yah! Jugulle?!” shieked Victoria, glaring at the young man.

Then the waiter came, putting a plate of sliced blueberry pie on the table. Both of them looked up, surprised at the intrusion. The waiter said, in French, “Monseur, Madamoiselle. This dessert is on the house. May you settle you couple squabble soon and enjoy the romantic city of Paris.”

Both Victoria and Changmin just blinked at the back of the man and then at the pie. Then Victoria shouted, in Korean(mind you), forgetting where she is, “We’re not a couple!”

Then turning to Changmin, she continued, “And you! Other than the flight back to Paris, do not even think of following me around!”

With that, she stormed out of the cafe and walked back to their hotel. Changmin, still with both the sandwich and croissants on his hands just waived off her outburst and continued eating. “As if she’ll be mad at me that long. I’m Shim Changmin!”

With a takeaway in his hand, he walked to Victoria’s room. He knocked once. Twice. And continued knocking whilst shouting her name.

“Aish! Where is she?!” thought Changmin. Dishing his phone out of his pocket, he called the latter.

Once the line clicked, he shouted, “Yah! Where are you?!”

“Hotel. Where else?” replied Victoria nonchalantly.

“I’m outside your room, shouting the hotel down. Why are you..”

“I don’t hear anything,” replied Victoria curtly. “Have you lost your mind?”

“What the he..wait..which room are you in?” asked Changmin, finding it very suspicious.

“Some room,” replied Victoria in short again.

“Yah, be serious,” said Changmin exasperatingly. “I brought you food back.”

“Oh really now? I though you said I need to watch my weight,” said Victoria, looking down at her nails. “I mean what I said Min, don’t even talk to me as long as we’re here in Paris.”

And with that, she hung up on him.

“Arrrgh!” shouted Changmin. “This girl will be the death of me!”

Victoria was lying on the table, smiling. “Mission accomplished! Serves you right for being so annoying,” she thought.

“Harder, please,” she said softly.

“Ok?,” asked the masseuse, massaging her shoulders harder.

“Oui,” said Victoria, well enjoying it.

It was already 8pm the next day when Changmin went straight to the fashion show, waiting for Victoria to arrive. He reckoned it would be a waste of time waiting for her at the hotel for he still has no idea if she’s still residing in the same hotel or not. Decked in a modern tuxedo with brown leather shoes with no socks on, he looked delectable. Well, at least it seems so by the number of females ogling at him, wondering why the handsome man is waiting by the entrance. “Where is she?” he thought.

Just then, Victoria came out of a white limo, dressed in a red Versace dress, hugging her womanly curves. Her hair was down and swept to the side with a Swarovski hair piece to pin it to place.

Noticing Changmin at the corner of her eye, she walked passed him, acting non-chalant. Feeling a hand grabbing her arms, she turned. “De quoi?”

“Don’t you ‘Quoi’ me, Qian. Where have you been?” asked Changmin, with a serious face. Looking around at the attention they’re receiving, he pulled her aside.

“I told you, I don’t wanna see or speak to you whilst we’re here,” said Victoria, her chin up in defiance. Pulling her arms out of his hand, she continued, whispering, “And stop manhandling me like a barbarian. We’re in an event or have you forgotten?”

Looking around, she smiled at passersby. Turning back to Changmin, she glared at him. On the contrary to her front, her heart is beating ridiculously fast. She had spotted him immediately when she came out of the car. “Boy, did he clean up nice,” she thought. But just as quickly as she was to want to go over and hug him silly, she got reminded of why she got pissed in the first place. Hell, it took her an extra hour to get ready just cause she’s making sure she don’t look ‘fat’ in her get-up.

“Look, I’m sorry ok,” exclaimed Changmin. “Sorry I took your lunch away from you..”

“I’ve told you umpteenth time to not touch my food,” said Victoria, still glaring at him. Holding her close, to avoid blocking the way for others, Victoria’s body bumped into him in the process.

Looking down at her, he continued, “You’re not fat. You don’t need me to tell you that you really look fabulous in this.” Victoria felt his hand slid up and down, caressing her curves. “You. Look. Delectable. Noona,” whispered Changmin.

Victoria felt her ears tingle and her heart rate increasing, if that is even possible. “Yah,” she said softly. Changmin, intoxicated by her scent, went lower, eyes on her lips. Victoria in turn, closed the gap unconsciously, inch by inch.

“Please kindly be seated ladies and gentlemen, The show will start in 5 minutes,” bellowed the speakers, advising everyone to go to their seats.

Victoria gasped and slightly pushed Changmin away. “Yah, kaja. It’s starting,” she said softly, still looking at his lips. Mentally, shaking herself off of the reverie, she turned and cleared . Looking around for her seat, she left Changmin on his own, again.

Changmin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Not now, Min,” he warned himself, mentally and followed Victoria behind.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, guys, I apologise for being MIA for soo long.

I was quite busy with my personal day-to-day, and still am. :( 

My holiday in Europe have taken a turn and I'm now in Barcelona, doing some freelancing.

Hope I've not been losing subscribers??

I deeply apologise again.