Chapter 6

Unreachable Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[FLASHBACKS] Author's POV

There was a new kid in school, an eight year old boy to be exact. He was the cheerful type of a kid. One thing was on his mind as he enters the building. To make great new friends. But it was nothing he expected.

Just like any normal first days, all students were asked to introduce their selves in front. New kids first, so the little guy took all his confidence and stood in front of the class.

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Lee Sungmin imnida.” He bowed 90 degrees and continued. “I’m a new student here in the kindergarten and I hope we will all be friends.” He spoke a little fast ‘cause of nervousness and hurriedly went back to his seat.. at the very back of the class.

It was recess; he was on his way to the playground where all of his classmates and schoolmates were. He spotted a group of students, around his age. “Annyeong, can I—“before he can continue, the group ignored him and distanced their selves from the poor new little kid. Sadness and pain are shown in his face. Maybe they are just close knitted type of friends. So with hope in his heart, he tried to look for another group to be his playmates and friends. Luckily, he spot a group of cute little girls playing, for sure, he is an oppa to them. “Annyeong, may I play with you?” he asked kindly, his voice full of friendliness. “Sorry, we are playing a girly game. Boys aren’t allowed.” A girl with a short hair answered. “Oh. Okay. I understand. Just go on with your game.” He smiled and went on his own way. Then, he spots another group of friends. For sure again, he is a hyung to them. “Excuse me, annyeong. Do you mind if I join you?” He asked. “No way! We don’t accept losers in our group.” The boy answered rudely. “Lo-loser? Me? But why?” the little boy asked, feeling hurt. “New kids mean losers.” Another boy spoke and the rest laughed at his words.

The boy was all alone; he was sitting on a swing. He was crying. Am I a loser? Is that why other kids don’t want to play with me? Oh how I wish we didn’t transferred homes. Lord, please let me gain friends, even one will do. As if God heard his prayers, a little girl stood in front of the swing, in front of him. “Annyeong!” she smiled. He looked up and confusion was written in his face. Who is she? “Here. Take this and stop crying.” She said while offering her juice. “T-tha-ank y-you.” The little boy politely said, stuttering.

She sat at the other swing beside him. “I’m Sun Kyu. Lee Sun Kyu.” She smiled, offering her hand. “Sungmin. Lee Sungmin.” He said and took her hand. “Why were you crying?” she asked. But before the little boy could tell her the reason why, she was called by her friends. “Yah! Sunkyu-ah! Come here!!” a group of little girls shouted. “Omona! I have to go Sungmin… oppa right?” she laughed. “Yah! Sunkyu! Don’t hang out with the loser kid.” A boy said and dragged the little girl away from him, who he figured was the one who told him that he’s a loser for being a new kid. “Yah! Oppa, don’t say rude things about him!” she said and faced him. “Annyeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter