Chapter 15

Unreachable Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Blue = English ^^

Author's POV

After two years.

“Sunmi-ah! Where are you?” Sunny worriedly called out her daughter’s name. It’s a quarter before nine and she decided to wander off. Aish! That kid. She thought. Her train of thoughts was interrupted when a voice called her. “Mommy~” She turned around to see the person calling her and it was none other than the child she was worriedly looking for. Little Sunmi ran to her mother and hugged her leg.

Sunny crouched and bent down to her daughter’s level so that they were eye to eye. “Sunmi-ah, where have you been? What if the plane took off and we’re not able to catch our flight? I told you to just sit there and when I came back, you were already wandering off on your own! And I already said to you, start calling me ‘Umma’, after all we’re going back to Korea.”

“Sorry Mom--, Umma.” Sunmi said while looking down at the floor.

“Aiigoo~ What should I do with you?” Sunny said while standing up.

“Geez. Soonkyu, don’t be too hard on little Sunmi.” A familiar voice said which made her turned around.

“And you, Jiyong Oppa, where have you been also?” She raised a brow at him.

“Wait. First you’re scolding little Sunmi and now me? You’re really starting to act like an ahjumma.” He teased.

“Mwoh? Take it back Oppa!” She slapped his arm.

“Yah! That hurt! I was just kiddin—“

“Umma, Jiyong Appa, can you stop? You’re both acting like children. And please speak in English, after all, we’re still in America.” Little Sunmi smirked.

“Are you sure you’re just a two-year old kid?” Jiyong said and pinched her cheeks.

“Let’s go before the plane takes off. And Sunmi-ah, he isn’t your appa.”

“Soonkyu, it’s okay. She can call me appa.”

“See Umma? Jiyong Appa approves!” Little Sunmi said, did a mehrong, and ran away before her mother can scold her.

“Aiigoo~ You shouldn’t spoil her Oppa.”

“I’m not spoiling her Soonkyu.” He said. “Let’s go.”

As they were walking hand in hand, he raised her hand towards his mouth and kissed the back of her hand. “Saranghae Soonkyu.”

“I love you too Oppa.”

I know. But I also know you don’t love me the same way as I do. But I love you nonetheless. He smiled at the thought.

 

After hours of flying in the air, the plane finally landed on Korea. Sunny went out the plane and inhaled the sweet smell of Korea’s air. “Finally, we’ve arrived. Korea, I’m back.”

“Umma, I wanna buy some chocolates!” Sunmi said with puppy eyes.

“Here Sunmi, go but what you want.” Jiyong said while handing her a money bill.

“Thank you Jiyong Appa!” She cheerfully said and ran towards the Duty Free store.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t really spoil her.”

“Soonkyu, I’m just doing what fathers do.” Jiyong said. “Are you ready if ever you’ll meet him again?”

“I.. I will be.” Sunny answered hesitantly.

Jiyong pulled her towards him, and enveloped her in an embraced. “I’m always by your side. Don’t wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter