chapter 12

Please. With Love.

 


Resized to 94% (was 640 x 480) - Click image to enlargePosted Image








♡♥♡ chapter 12

~fountain kiss~




Key is reading a newspaper in the living room when Minho suddenly took a seat in front of him. He brought a novel with him and started reading as soon as he settled down. Key stared at him for awhile. It has been a week since he left his room. He started talking to his other brothers, to Jihyuk, and to the other maids too. But not even once, he utters anything to Minho. Minho too, never tried to talk to him. But they don’t really avoid each other, like what they are doing now. They're the only people in the living room. What Key is doing is to avoid suspicion. He doesn’t want to be asked if he has any problem with his same age brother. He is quite sure Minho is doing the same too.

He continued reading his newspaper, leaving the gap between him and Minho just like that.

It was then when suddenly Honey appeared in front of him.

"Key-ah!" she greeted him. Honey and him can be said the pairing that talk to each other the most in the mansion, other than Youngjin and Onew. It's because Honey is lecturing Key about his obsession towards cleanliness every single day, trying real hard to make Key less-crazy, more humanly. None of the two remember when they dropped the formal speech.

"What is it?" Key asked, not looking at the girl.

"I've been thinking that you are lacking of something,"

"Me? Lacking of something? What do you mean? I have looks, I have brain, I can cook, I clean the best. What else do I need?" Key asked, obviously annoyed.

"You don’t socialize well! That must be because you locked yourself in your room for two years!" Honey said.

"B-but.. I think I socialize quite well since I left my room.." Key replied, but he himself sounds unsure of it.

"Nah, you're not. I see that you never spoke to Minho,"

"That's because he's reading! I don’t want to disturb him reading!"

"The other times when both of you are not reading, you still don’t talk to him," Honey said, backing up her reason.

"Aish~ So what do you want me to do!?" 

It took Honey a few seconds before she said what she has in mind. "Let's go shopping together! You need to meet the public!"

"Public means billions of germs, hell no!" Key snapped.

***

Taemin stepped into the mansion, dragging his legs lazily.

"Taemin, you're home!" Rin greeted him with a cheerful smile. At normal times, Taemin might be blushing, cherishing the moment, but he is not in the mood today so he ignored the girl.

"Wae? Is something wrong?" Rin asked, following his steps.

"Things are not going good at the dancing school," Taemin muttered slowly.

"Did you fail anything?" Rin asked again.

"There will be a dance competition between the studios next month. So my instructor is now choosing the best dancer in my school to represent our studio. He's testing us today, but I didn’t get to show my skill because of that damn scorpion," 

"There's a scorpion in your studio?!" Rin gasped.

"No, no. But there is this favourite student of my instructor, famous with his self-invented scorpion dance. Each student were given 3-5 minutes to show what they have, and that scorpion took so many times for himself, so some of us didn’t get to perform today," 

"Ah.. I see. So will your instructor see the rest of you guys in the next class?" 

"Luckily, yes. Or I'll punch that scorpion already!" Taemin looks so angry.

"Try to think like this. Your next class is next Tuesday, right? That means you have three more days to practice and do your best in front of your instructor! I'm sure you'll beat the scorpion boy!" Rin said, patting on his shoulder.

".. Komawo.. I just feel down because I'm so excited to perform today.." Taemin said, scratching his head.

"Go change. I want to join the others abusing Starfish!" Rin said as she skipped happily to the living room.

Taemin stepped to his room with a smile, now that Rin had helped him to feel better. He walked passed Jonghyun's room when suddenly that Dino-like son appeared out of nowhere in front of his room and grabbed his wrist.

"Aish, let me go!" Taemin snapped. Things are getting a bit better between the two of them, but they are still yelling at each other over the smallest thing.

"Shut up, and come in!" Jonghyun hushed him with his finger and signaled for him to enter his room.

"Are going to teach me to watch or something?" Taemin asked after Jonghyun locked the door.

"Shut up. How many times do I have to tell you those DVDs and magazines aren't mine!" Jonghyun said as he invited the youngest son to sit on his bed.

"So what are you planning now, being so secretive, locking your door?"

"I have a collab mission to offer," Jonghyun said, and he never looks that serious.

***
Queensbay Mall

"Let's go buy a towel!" Key snapped. Both him and Honey are now standing in front of the mall.

"Towel? What for?" Honey asked.

"Germs are everywhere, can't you see??!"

"No, I can't," Honey replied lazily as she pulled a trolley from the long line of trolleys.

"You need to buy a microscope and use it as your glasses!" Key snapped again.

"Yeah, right. Do you have such thing to begin with?"

"What thing? The microscope-glasses?"

"Yes,"

"Why in the hell do I need that? I can already see the germs just by using my eyes!"

"Yeah, right. Now let's go there!" Honey said, pointing to the corner of the mall, where people gather to buy fresh fishes, squids and what not.

"YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!" Key shouted, starting to pull his hair while Honey is laughing her evil laugh.

"Come here," Honey said, dragging Key with her by his hand. Key is too scared of the germs in the area; he didn’t notice someone is holding his hand. 

"Key, let's buy some fishes for today's lunch!" Honey suggested.

"No, no, I hate fishes!"

"You don't eat fish?"

"Only stupid people eat fishes!" Key snapped. And Honey realized he is actually lying. He just don't want to be near the fresh fishes and squids.

"You're funny," Honey said, pinching his left cheek at the same time. Both of them stared at each other for awhile before they decided to ignore the awkward moment just now.

***
Room 103

Jonghyun and his maid are both sitting on his bed, playing the guessing game again. Resha is so determine to beat Jonghyun, but it seems like he knows the answers toe everything.

"You are obviously cheating!" Resha accused, pointing her finger at the same time.

"Yeah? Tell me how I did it," Jonghyun replied.

"I.. I don't know. You must have hidden something, that's how you know the answers to all my questions,"

"Is it that hard for you to accept that I'm a genius?" Jonghyun asked, smirking.

"No, because I refused to believe that," Resha said as she walks to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Kitchen," Resha said. Her fingers were about to reach the knob when Jonghyun grabbed her arms and pinned her to the wall.

"I don’t want to be alone," he muttered in a very seductive way. Resha is reminding herself lots of times not to fall for this good-looking dino.

"You don’t want to flirt with me, Kim Jonghyun. Believe me," Resha replied, trying her best to hide her blushing cheeks.

"And can I know why?" Jonghyun asked, flashing his killer smile.

"Because I flirt better than you," Resha gave him a challenging answer.

"Prove it,"

***

"I am so going to die!" Key snapped non-stop, and Honey is ignoring him.

"Germs are everywhere! Do you hear me? EVERYWHERE!" he shouted again.

"Shut up, Key. Everybody is staring at us, so stop acting stupid," Honey muttered as she walks to another area, where they can see various of fresh vegetables sorted in big trays.

"We already bought fishes. Now let's buy some vegetables!" Honey said, drgging Key again with her. She grabbed a paper bag at the nearest tray and started to pick random broccolis when Key grabbed the bag from her hands and emptied it back into the tray.

"Is annoying me your hobby?" Honey asked, annoyed at Key's act just now.

"No. I just want you to be more careful," he said as he stared into the tray for awhile, touching some of the broccolis and after a few seconds he picked one.

"When purchasing broccoli, select ones where the stalks are tight and firm. Look at the stalk and make sure it's not tough. The buds should be tightly closed and the leaves are crisp and very green," Key said, pointing to the one in his hand.

"The one you picked just now, the leaves have a slightly yellow color, it can often suggest that it is old," he said again, pointing to one of the previous broccolis Honey picked, and the girl just nodded her head, amazed.

"Let's pick some mushrooms too," the diva suggested as he walks to the other tray, and this time he is the one who's dragging Honey with him.

"Fresh mushrooms have a firm texture. They are delicate and highly perishable, like this one," he said as he picked one from the tray.

"But I think this one looks better," Honey said, picking up one random mushroom.

"This one is overripe. See the dark colour? You don’t want to eat this one, believe me," Key said as he took the mushroom from Honey's hand on throw it into the tray.

"You sound like a perfect housewife," Honey giggled.

"And you, with your short hair, can be my husband," Key joined the joke and they laugh together as they walk along the other trays, looking for other vegetables.

***
In the mansion

"These are heavy!" Minho said as he placed Seunghee's drum set in the living room.

"Thank you for helping me moving them in," Seunghee said, smiling at the narcissist son.

"I just have much free times to kill~," Minho replied, trying to hide that he actually really want to help the girl.

"Whatever your reason is, thank you," Seunghee thanked him again, causing the tall guy to blush.

"I'll pretend I didn’t see those two pink shades on your cheeks," Seunghee said, trying to hide her laugh.

"Yah, Jung Seunghee!"

***

Jihyuk walked into his office and saw a medium size chocolate bar on his table. There's a piece of paper on top of it with Rin's handwriting, "hwaiting!".

Smiling to himself, he thought Rin's weirdness is sometimes too funny to be true.

He gives his table a glance, and decided he should arrange things first since it is all messy. Carefully, he picked all the books and files, sorting them according to the categories. He bent down a bit and opened his lowest drawer to keep in the files when he saw a hard cover book. 

Jihyuk's heart skipped a beat the moment his eyes lay down upon the thick book, with a black cover. There's a picture of a red rose at the corner of the cover, and one of the petals is falling down. 

Unknowingly, he touched the picture with his long finger, remembering what he was told once what the picture really means.

"I've stop waiting," he finally muttered. He takes a glance at the book again before he placed all the files on top of it and closes the drawer.

***

Youngjin is in her room with Onew as she helped applying medicine on his arm. They were just returned from the orphanage Youngjin used to spend her times at, visiting the kids.

"That boy is fierce, I can't believe he actually bite me!" Onew said, and he looks so pissed.

"He don't like you, that's why," Youngjin replied, and Onew though Youngjin is right.

"I don’t get along well with kids," he muttered.

"I can see that," Youngjin said. She was about to leave the guy when she saw a worried expression on his face.

"Come with me every week, you'll get use to them soon," she said, smiling.

"Youngjin-ah,"

"Neh?"

"I want to be a good daddy to my future kids. Please help me.."

Shocked, but the girl nodded her head.

***

"This is heavy!" Key said as he and Honey walks to the car.

"Stop complaining~" Honey replied, tired of Key's rants. 

They are walking besides a fountain when she suddenly thought of something. There are no eggs left in the fridge! She stops her steps abruptly and turned to Key quickly, not knowing the guy is only a few inches behind her.

Key who has his attention fully on their car not far away from them since he really wants to reach it soon, thanks to the extremely hot weather that day didn’t get to avoid the suddenly freezed girl. He lost his balance and together with the girl right in front of him, they fell together into the fountain. What shocked both of them the most is their lips brushed each others for a couple a seconds before the water wet them completely.

In usual situations, Key will definitely snapped and shouted like crazy at Honey for causing him to fell into the water and wet from his head to toe. But the accidental kiss just now, if that can really be considered a kiss shocked him too much he can't find any words to throw at the girl.

Honey too, as she stepped out from the fountain, her mind is almost blank since she don't really know how to react.

Key who left the fountain first, try to avoid Honey's eyes so the only thing he has to look at is the fountain, and all their groceries in it.

"Everything is wet," Honey started a conversation, trying to shoo away the awkwardness between them.

"Well, we don't have to wash the vegetables anymore," Key jokes.

"Okay, that's funny," Honey replied, smiling at the same time. She bent down a bit to pick up the vegetables when Key grabbed her hand and drag her with him.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked.

"To buy new vegetables. I don't want those. The water might be polluted!" he replied.

Another couple of hours for the two to have fun together, they are more than comfortable with each other all of a sudden, which is a good thing.

To be continued


There are few things that I left unexplained in this chapter. First, is Jonghyun's collab mission offer to Taemin. And the other one is the reason why Key and Minho is not talking to each other. We'll get to it again in the future chapters, neh ^^? Oh, there's another one too. Song Jihyuk and the book!

Tell me what do you think of Honey x Key, I'd like to know your opinion ^^. 

And before I go, here's the teaser for the next chapter :


Quote

Onew is panic. He held his dear brother in his embrace, holding him with his right arm while his right hand took out his mobile phone from his pocket. At an amazing speed, he dialed for Jihyuk's number.

"Hyung, palli come to Jonghyun's room! He's fainted! He's very pale, and I am so worried. Please be quick, hyung!" he almost shouted on the phone.

Onew throws his mobile phone away after he ended the call. He was about to lift Jonghyun and bring him to his bed when he saw Resha, standing near the door, not very far from Jonghyun and him. She looks so shocked, her face is so pale. She has cold sweats on her forehead, and has her eyes only on the fainted Jonghyun.

"It's you, right? You did this to him!" Onew asked the pale-looking girl, and Resha swears Onew had never look angrier than that.



Jajang XD! Remember our dino-like son and his hidden disease? The disease will be revealed in the next chapter, XD yay *cheering alone* LOL. So yeah, Resha x Jjong coming up next, wait for them ^^!

much love,
PYNK

p/s : I started working at a high school last month, that's why I'm very late with this update, please forgive me. And please pray for my students to stay sane at the end of the year, having me as their English teacher XD.


SUPA THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORTS, I REALLY2 APRECIATE THEM! KEEP THEM COMING, COZ THEY'RE MY ENERGY :)