LITTLE BY LITTLE

Hate U Love U

As planned by Erin and Laica, Kris and Seohyun end up seating at the same seat they were before.

“hey, Laica…look at those two, they seem a little awkward..you think something happened?”

“hmmm.. you’re right somethings off with those two” Laica said looking at Kris and Seohyun.

“hey,you two! what are you planning again?” Nathan said turning to them, he and Rey is just seating in front of them

“we don’t have plans yet, but we will let you know once we have one..” Erin said tapping Nathan’s shoulder, bewildered Nathan and Ray just looked at each other and shook their heads.

 

“hey Jess! Look! Those rock formations are so cool, I wonder if we are going there.” Heechul who is looking outside the window was fascinated by the scenery that they were passing by . “jess, jess look!! “ he said then again tapping at Jessica repeatedly.  But Jessica ignored him as she pretended that he didn’t exist, she put away her book, put her sunglasses on and went to sleep.

“wow! Windmills! Look at them Jess their beau—“

Heechul didn’t got to finished when he saw that Jessica was sleeping already. With a bitter smile he leaned back and look outside again, when the bus run through some cracks in the road, Jessica who is still sleeping was about to fall off Heechul gentle grab her head and rest it in his shoulder.

“he does care for her… does he?” Yoona unconsciously ask Siwon who’s eyes are shut and with a deep sigh Yoona like Heechul returned her attention back outside the window.

With just a few minutes they’ve  reach Vigan City. When they entered the town,  Kalesa ( horse courage) greeted them, jar stores, and of course ancestral house which Vigan City is famous of.

“OK! GATHER AROUND PEOPLE! NOW THAT WE ARE HERE, I WANT YOU ALL TO ENJOYE TOURING THE PLACE, SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY OF YOU THAT WE PROFESSORS CAN HANDLE, IT’S DECIDED THAT THIS WILL BE YOUR FREE TIME, SO YOU CAN TOUR AROUND WITH YOUR FRIENDS, A MINIMUM OF 3 PEOPLE PER GROUP  OK?”

“YES!”

“BE BACK HERE AT EXACTLY 5 PM OK?! ALRIGHT HAVE FUN EVERYONE!

 

 

“hey! Guys wanna visit the pottery first?” Laica said totally excited.

“yeah! Let’s do that.” Nathan agreed,  Ray nodded.

“you mean those beautiful jars that was displayed outside?” Yoona ask.

“Exactly, and if we are lucky maybe we could try making one…hehe” Erin giggled.

“ alright! Let’s go!” Laica lead the way.

 

As they tour around before heading to the pottery, they stop at some shops along the way, tried some local delicacies and also taking some photos with every shop they visit.

Heechul stayed by Jessica even though she keeps ignoring him when he tried to talk to her or catch her attention.

“unnie, can we try those?” Seohyun grab Yoona’s hand and went straight to a shop selling some handmade hats.

“wow, they’re all pretty.. here unnie try this one” Seohyun put on a big hat on Yoona’s head.

“hahahah how do I look?”

“pretty..” Seohyun said and smile.

 

Siwon who was walking at the back of the group saw Yoona and Seohyun having fun with the hat store he stop for a moment to look how happy they were, but his eyes only focuses on one face….. Yoona.

Looking at her smiling face now pained his heart knowing his the one who took away her family.

“Hyung…”

Kris suddenly at his side, he gave him a slide glance to acknowledge him.

“you’re blaming yourself again..” and he gave him a look that he just stated what Siwon was thinking. But Siwon didn’t say anything.

And when Yoona saw then looking she suddenly gave then a smile. But Siwon just walked away without returning the favor.

Yoona’s smiile suddenly disappear when she saw that Siwon suddenly left, she and Seohyun looked at each other surprised and clueless of what Siwon did.

“what’s wrong with him?” Seohyun ask as she still looking at Siwon.

Yoona shook her head “ I don’t know” then she returned the hat back to its place.

“YOONA! SEOHYUN, hurry we found the pottery!” Ray shouted.

“ok!” Yoona went ahead as Seohyun returned her hat and smiled at the vendor “thank you”

At the pottery Laica and Erin asked the owner if they could watch how the jars and pots are made and also if they could try making one themselves.  The owners were kind enough to allow them to use the equipments and some clay for them to use.

“hey guys.. this is Manong Erming and Manang Luz ( Adjusshi ( Manong) Adjumma ( Manang)) they owned this potter” Erin introduced them one by one .

“Magandang umaga sa inyo” Manang Luz greeted them with a smile.

Magandang umaga” they greeted, Yoona as well as the other aside of course from Nathan, Ray and Laica who are Filipinos greeted them in a awkward accent.

“ Halina kayo..” ( come here…) Manong Erming said, we followed them at the back of the house which is filled by jars and pots

“Wow! Did you make all of these?”

Heechul asked totally amazed because the jars are too big , though the elders can understand English Erin out of courtesy translated what Heechul said and in return they would translate what Manong Erming and Manang Luz are saying.

“ they said yes, Manong Erming made most of this, but some are made by his children.” Erin said.

“ ito. (this)” Manong Erming stop and placed his hands on a fish statue that was almost at his chest part  “ito ang unang gawa ng panganay ko mga 14 years old siya ng ginawa nya to ( this is the first one that my eldest son made, he was 14 years old when he made this)”

“really?” Yoona said

Everyone was so amazed by the different jars and statue they are seeing.

“ok, we are here” Nathan said excitement is in his voice.

“ahhh I’m so excited, I really wanted to do this” Ray too.

“it’s is ok, I’m wearing white right now..it my get stained..” Seohyun was worried.

“Don’t worry were going to use aprons, just be careful when you’re molding the clay.” Yoona said. As she put on her apron so as everyone.

“ ok, let’s do this!” Laica said and took a clay. Manong Erming and Manang Luz showed them the basics of molding the clay.  When they finished, everyone excitedly start their own.

“ahhhh!! No, no, no, no!!!” Erin screamed her clay was out of shape.

“hahahahahahaha!! What are you trying to make Erin?”  Nathan .

“shuddap, mind your own business” Erin said.

“waaahhh look! I manage to make it lift…….ahhhhhh! no!” Laica said when hers was almost half of what she’s trying to reach but it suddenly bends and run out of shape. “ahh this is hard…” she said but she started from the start again.

Everyone was quiet; they were so focus on what they were doing.

“ahhh!” Jessica said when the clay when out of shape.

“you’re putting too  much force on your wrist, just relax, look….” Heechul said, as he gracefully manages to shape his clay into a beautiful curve.  Jessica planned to ignore him but she was surprised of how he curves the clay. “here let me help you,”

Alarmed when Heechul suddenly stand up, took his chair and place it behind her.

“just hold it like this….” Heechul was seating behind her.

( this scene is like the pottery Scene in the movie THE GHOST)

1990-ghost-pottery-scene1.jpg

Jessica’s body tensed because Heechul is like back hugging her. But the way he held her hands to curve the clay was so gentle and relaxed.

“Your too tensed just relax” he said it was so soft like a whisper which sends a ton of volt through her ears. She tried to relax, so she imagined that Yoona or either Seohyun was the one seating behind her and that made her relaxed a bit. Slowly she manages to shape her clay.

Of course the others noticed them but decided to let them be. Laica and Erin keep smiling, Nathan and Rey just took a peck and back to what they were doing, while Seohyun and Yoona looked at each other and smile. Kris and Siwon had the same poker face on but they are happy for Heechul.

Siwon was the one who finished his work.  “ I’m done..What will I do next?” He said with a respectful tone.

Manong Erming looked at his work. “ magaliing ka Hijo, haan mo muna dyan para matuyo”  Since Siwon couldn’t understand a word that Manong Erming said his face wa s like (O___O)

“he said, you’re good, just leave it there to dry up” Ray said, but his attention is on the clay.

“ahh, thank you” Siwon said to Manong Erming then Manang Luz came to him.

“come, you wash your hands” she said in a Filipino accent. Siwon smiled and followed Manang Luz to wash up.

Heechul went back to his work when Jessica can handle hers.  It’s almost lunch time and the sun is at its peak, Seohyun wipe her sweat using the back of her hand that is still clean. But she didn’t notice she got mad on her face.

“ maiwan ko muna kayo, tingan ko lang kung nakaluto na si Luz. ( I’ll just check if Luz is done with the food)” Manong Ermiing said before leaving .

“sige po tay, salamat! (ok, thank you!) “ Rey answered.

“where is he going?” Jessica asked she was just seating not far from him

“he said, he’ll just check if Manang Luz prepared the food, looks like we’re going to have lunch with them”  Ray said not taking his eyes on what he was doing and just took a moment look and smile at Jessica.

“ohh..”

Siwon returned, “ Manang Luz invited us for lunch”

“ahhh, thank God, this pottery making is making me hungry…” Nathan said.

As everyone continued their work making mistakes and starting over again. Siwon noticed that Yoona keep is having hard time because her hair is getting in her face because the tie she made is getting loose and since she can’t redo her hair he went to her and redo her hair.

“what are you—”

“be still”

Yoona was surprised but she did what he said she went still as he does her hair.

“thank you..” she managed to say when he finished doing her hair.

He didn’t answer and went straight outside...

It’s almost lunch when everyone finishes their work.

“ahhhh!!! Finally!” Nathan said in relief.

" that was fun.. what did you make?” Rey ask Nathan

“a mug, but not the usual mug I put some curves on, for a change..” Nathan said.

“wow! Mine too here!” Laica said and showed hers, the others burst into laughter when they saw the shape of her mug. “hey! Stop laughing, I’m not good at this so, this is the best I could!”

While everyone is comparing their work Kris noticed the mud on Seohyun’s face.

“ahhh  my back hurts.” She said.

“hey..you have a..” Kris said

“hhmmm??”

“you have a mud..” Kris was gesturing what he wanted to say because he doesn’t want the others to noticed especially Laica and Erin, but seems Seohyun can’t figure out what he was saying he had no choice. So he took his handkerchief and wiped off the mud from Seohyuns’ cheek. It happened too fast that Seohyun didn’t have time to react, by the time she realized what he did Kris was out of the working area.

 

___________________________________

“Thank you, yes, I know..but this is the best for them, I don’t to in trust them to others. Yoona? Yoona will understand why I’m doing this, yes… thank you..” LSM hanged up when his secretary came in.

“Sir, you’re 12 o’clock appointment is here.”

“alright, I’ll be there in a moment. “ LSM gathered his things and when he was half way to the door his chest suddenly tighten and collapsed, her secretary came in and worriedly called for an ambulance.