13

Hello
Please log in to read the full chapter

In a few short minutes, your eyelids felt heavy. Medication like that always made you so drowsy. You tried to keep them open so Yonghwa wouldn't have to leave, but eventually the pills won.

"Daeun-ah?" he whispered as soon as your eyes closed. "Are you asleep?"

You were sort of inbetween. Your lids were shut but your were still a bit conscious. You remained silent anyway.

"I guess you are. Well, I'm sorry I was so awkward all of a sudden. I want to tell you something, but I'm scared of your reaction. I know I should wait till you wake up, but I'd rather tell you now just so it's off my chest."

"Don't fall asleep!" you told yourself. "I know he doesn't want me to hear this, but I need to."

Yonghwa took a deep breath. "When I confessed earlier, all of a sudden something just clicked. I know I was being a cheesy flirt earlier, but that confession kind of just hit me. I don't know, the whole day kind of just flashed before my eyes and I thought about how much fun I had with you. I had to get out of the room for a second and think, so I got you the water and advil. Of course, I honestly do want you to feel better, but I also just needed to step out and let my feelings settle. Daeun, I really like you. A lot. I truly am glad fate brought you to me today. I hope to keep seeing you."

Finally the medication did its thing and knocked you out for good.

But now the question is: was that real?

***

You wo

Please log in to read the full chapter