Did You Save Her?!

How can we kiss like this?

Rikki and Jongup sat on the couch watching the Mister and Miss Idol show. "Aigoo!!!" Rikki squeeled. "Wae?" Jongup asked.
"Have you seen those ZE:A oppas? There really good looking."
"Yah! Dont let your eyes wander!"
"Pabo! They dont even know about me!"
"But still..." Jongup whined.
"You're such a baby" Rikki turned to stare at Jongup and she melted under his innocent smile "Ahhh miahne!" she pouted laying her head onto his lap. After about a few minutes of watching she heard her phone ringing on the table. She reached for it, "Hello?" A trembling deep voice came out from the other end. "Rikki..."
"Yongguk oppa? What's up?"
"I need you to come down to the hospital. Now."
"Why? What happened?"
"Your unnie... She.... Can you just come down?" he replied in a trembling voice. Rikki hung up the phone, jumped out from Jongup's grip and ran to the counter to get her car keys. "Where are you going?!"
"My unnie! She needs me right now." Rikki replied in a whisper while trying to hold down the feelings that was rising in .
"Let me drive." Jongup said taking the keys away from her.

As they both were driving to the hospital it was an awkward silence. Rikki then started to let tears strike down on her cheeks, breathing a deep sigh, and wiping her tears away with her hand. Jongup even though driving noticed and reached his hand over to her's. He squeezed her hand with reassurance. Minutes later arriving at the hospital and entering into the emergency room Rikki stopped short and didnt know what to do, what to say, how to act. "Hey, dont worry. Its going to be all right okay?" Jongup whispered. She looked up into his eyes and nodded now walking at a regular pace. Rikki then looked up to see a boy sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. She could hear his sniffles and loud breathing. Rikki let go of Jongup's hand and crouched down in front of Yongguk's crying body. "Oppa?"
"Mm?" he mumbled.
"Are you okay?"
"No" he tried to say out loud but it coming out as a quiet whisper. At that moment he looked up from his hands, grabbed Rikki and pulled her into a hug. "Rikki... I-I-I'm sorry for not being able to protect her." Rikki didnt reply because if she did she knew she would start crying again.

"Is there a guardian or relative here for Choi Yujin?" a doctor came up to the group.
Rikki stood up, "Thats me."
"May I talk to you around the corner?"
"Yeah sure." The doctor took out an X-Ray of Yujin's rib cage bones. He pointed to what looked like a fractured ribs. "As soon as the car came into impact the speed of it had broke her rib cage. Also the impact of her landing on the ground her head had been badly hurt as well. Which lead her to only have minutes to live." Rikki felt faint and held herself up on a ramp connected to the wall.
"Did you save her?" Rikki said out of breath.
"Well it seems that the internal bleeding led her to-"
"DID YOU SAVE HER?!" Rikki screamed.
"I'm sorry but no... We werent able to save her." As Rikki heard that she collapsed onto the ground. "Miss?!"

Meanwhile Yongguk and Jongup heard the commotion going on around the corner. Looking at eachother they both got up and walked to the area where Rikki and the Doctor were talking. Turning the corner Jongup ran seeing Rikki on the ground not responding to the doctor. "Shes fainted..." the doctor said. Yongguk sighed with his eyes shut, "Jongup-ah... Just take her home already. She need some rest."
"But hyung what about y-"
"Jongup! I got this okay? Now go." Jongup nodded and carried Rikki in his arms bridal style. Laying her in the back seat of the car he drove off heading back to their house. As he drove he dug his fingernails into the wheel. He had mixed emotions of anger, hurt, sadness, despair. When he reached the red light he adjusted the mirror to see how Rikki was. She had her hands into fists and a frown on her face. Tossing in her dreams. Reaching home he took out of the car and carried her back into house to her room. Jongup laid Rikki down and tucked her into the bed. Before even taking a step away she grabbed his hand, "Dont go." she whispered staring at him.
"You're awake?"
"Mmm." she nodded.
"I wont go. I wont leave you." Jongup said crawling into the covers. Rikki turned her self to face him. "How could this happen?"
"I dont know." Jongup stared into the ceiling.
"I just..." Rikki trailed off.
"Its going to be okay" Jongup said wrapping his arms around her "I'll always be here."
"Promise?"
"Always." With that Rikki snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

At the hospital Yongguk stood there in shock trying to sink in all the events that had happened today. He sat down and stared into the wall thinking that Yujin would walk out of the ER room laughing. He thought if he didnt move, didnt talk, didnt say anything, he would wake up from this dream. After sitting there for hours reality finally set in, Yujin was not going to come back. He drove home and entered into Yujin and Rikki's house "Jongup? Rikki?" he said. There was no answer. There was no way they both could still be out it was four in the morning. Yongguk peeked into Rikki's room seeing them both sleeping arms wrapped around the other. He sighed thinking how he couldnt do that with his own girlfriend anymore. Walking down the hall into Yujin's room he saw a neat pile of clothes on her bed. He looked straight foward seeing one whole wall taken up with many photos of the memories they've made. Tired he snuck into the covers and laid his head on her pillow. 'Yujin'  Yongguk sighed.