The Confession

Every Summer

 

Chapter 8
 
Two weeks had flew by already but there hadn’t been anything new or interesting at all.
 
Well, there was one I guess. I was going to confess to Yunha.
There wasn’t really any reason though, I didn’t love her; I just like her. But I still thought it’d be best to tell her before it’d be to late.
 
Sorry Hongki hyung, may the best man win.
 
Anyways, I just thought Yunha had a right to know my feelings.
It was Yuri who told me to tell her anyways...And she was a girl. I definitely trusted Yuri’s opinion.
 
Flashback
 
"You like her right?" Yuri asked me when we were sitting behind the scenes of the comeback stage. She probably realized it because I couldn’t keep my eyes of Yunha the whole time.
 
Not probably, it was definitely the reason why. I still don't know how nobody asked me that before. Everybody laughed with each other while I sat on the couch in front of the mirror with Yuri on my lap. She was really tired and I already knew how much she liked it when I was near her.
 
I started to get used to all of the skinship and stuff with Yuri. Besides, it wasn’t once or twice that we’d been asked if we were a couple. When we said that we weren’t a couple, we’d been told that we look great together. We would answer together that we are like family, which is kind of true.
 
After a few seconds, I realized that I’d never answered Yuri, "Yes" I admitted and sighed.
 
She smiled up at me like usual, with her big brown eyes and a wide encouraging countenance. "You should tell her. It's not good to keep things like that inside, you might miss something really good." She nodded and blinked with her long lashes.
 
Uh, this girl really is something, I smiled down at Yuri.
 
End of flashback
 
 
"Monkey hyu...." I started but bit my tongue quickly, unfortunately it was too late.
 
Hongki probably heard me because he glared at me. "Yah!" He pouted.
 
I swallowed nervously and faked a laugh "My mistake. Sorry Hyung!”
 
He just sighed angrily in reply.
 
I remembered that I wanted to ask him something.
 
"Hyung.."  I hesitated, gathering up some courage to say the rest. I pondered every word that I was going to say carefully.
 
"Can you invite Yunha over?" I asked finally.
 
"Why?" was the only thing he replied with while he was looking for something in the drawer under the television.
 
I didn’t know how to answer him.
 
Lucky for me, he continued talking. "She's working right now...Aish!" He answered but interrupted because he seemed to injured his hand from some object in the drawer.
 
I didn’t say anything. He always laughed at me when I hurt myself.
 
I realized too late that I was laughing out loud.
 
"Yah! What’s so funny? " Monkey hyung yelled at me angrily. I just shrugged mischievously and smirked while walking towards the door. Mongkey didn't pay any attention to me since he was crying like a baby about his tiny injury.
 
I was almost out of the house when Jonghun blocked my escape route, coming out of nowhere.
 
"Where are you going?" he asked.
I started to panic.
 
I couldn’t tell him that I was going to Yunha’s work place!
 
Wait…I could.
 
"Yunha's work" I shrugged and left the dorm as if I did that everyday.
 
I realised that I started to panic often since Yuri moved to our dorm.
Well,I had a reason.
I had been living with a scary female for a long time now. Maybe a beautiful young lady, yet scary.
I remember that one day I accidently broke Yuri’s red nail polish and when she found out that it was my fault, she came to me, glared, revealed her teeth and...
 
I shivered. Too scary.
 
 
 
 
I reached Yunha’s work, it was a coffee shop owned by Yuri’s parents where Yunha worked as a waitress. 
 
My heartbeat accelerated, I’m really going to do this!
 
I scanned the coffee house and saw familiar faces. I caught a glimpse of Yuri sitting with some guy, and bang, I found her! Yunha was helping some customers at a table near them.
 
After a few seconds, my eyes opened in disbelief, Yuri was sitting with some guy?
 
I clenched my fists and tried to get closer and see who I would be beating up until someone blocked me way.
 
It was Yunha. 
 
"Hi Seunghyun!" she murmured through a smile. 
 
Really? Now?
 
I decided to smile back "Hi Yunha noona"
 
She laughed as usual.
 
' Forget about Yuri, Yunha is right in front of you! After all, you came for her right? ' my mind said, annoyingly sounding like Minhwan.
 
' Right '
 
"So what are you doing here?" she dragged me to the nearest table and motioned me to sit.
 
Boom Boom Boom Boom. stop stupid heart.
 
"Actually I came to..I came to talk with you" I bit my lower lip.
 
She gazed at me with her innocent eyes. "Oh. Ok. Talk" Yunha shrugged her shoulders, her smile still plastered onto her face.
 
I looked around. No one was looking at us, although I felt like they did.
I looked at Yuri. No, she didn’t even notice that I was there, too busy with her boyfriend
 
"I don't think this is the place" Just escaped from my lips. Wae? I don't know.
 
The smile that spread over Yunha’s face was erased instantly. Huh? Did I say something wrong?
 
"Look Seunghyun..." She grabbed my hand on her's. "I actually know what you want to say." Her gaze moved toward our hands .
 
Boom Boom Boom Boom.
 
"You're too young" was the only thing she finally said. I frowned and then closed my eyes.
 
 
No tears, no broken heart. I hadn’t expected that. I thought it would at least hurt a little but none came.
 
 
"See, you haven’t fallen in love yet so forget about me, I'm just a little crush. I promise you. It happend to me too before." she smiled, trying to encourage me.
 
I looked in her eyes and didn’t feel anything anymore. All it was was the usual feeling towards Yunha. How she was so beautiful and how I wanted that beauty to be mine. Maybe Yunha was right, maybe it is just a crush. Maybe I'm too young to fell in love. Maybe I'm too young for her. But maybe...
 
"It’s because you love Hongki hyung already right?" I mumbled. AH! I already regret it. Stop being too honest Seunghyun!
 
Yunha didn’t move for a couple of moments, her eyes wide with shock.
 
"I..I'm...Wha.." she started muttering, flustered.
 
I laughed.
 
"It's okay, I won't tell anyone" I smiled at her.
 
She tried to smile back but all I got was a twisted mouth, I guess she was too shocked.
 
"So we're ok?" Yunha gently asked after she calmed a little bit, tapping my hands.
 
"We're more than okay. Thank you" I took her hand and kissed it. "And I promise I'll help you with Monk..I mean Hongki" I faked a laugh, NOT AGAIN -_-
 
"You don't have too. I don't think he even likes me." she shook her head while her eyes became teary.
 
Just when I tried to answer, someone called her, I guess another waiter.
 
"Sorry about that, think about what I told you" She muttered than disappeared.
 
I smiled too myself, Yuri was right. I would miss something if I didn't confess my feelings.
 
And this thing was that ; I hadn’t fallen in love yet and now I knew that Yunha wasn’t the one.
 
I kept smiling too myself while I crossed the shop toward the exit until I saw Yuri leaving with the guy too. She didn’t even glance at me!
 
Gosh I felt so transparent.
 
I decided to ignore the pain in my heart and walked to the dorm.
 
It was her life anyway.
 
I sighed.
 
I started to hate that sentence so much.
 
-----------------------------
 
LONG CHAPTER !!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
 
Sorry about not updating !! It's a holiday here so I'm kinda busy (:  
 
Thanks to the readers ! I really love you alllllllll !!
 
And thanks for Yuki for helping me and fixing my mistakes (: