The Day After

Every Summer

 

Chapter 6
 
Still flashback
 
 
I opened my eyes. I was alone in my bed, but I could still smell the smell of Yuri.
I rubbed my eyes and sat down, scanning the room and trying to remember what had happened the night before.
 
On my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I saw that Yuri was sitting at the table with a cup in her hand.
 
"Good morning.” I muttered and continued on my way to the bathroom, but not before hearing her greet me back. Just her usual greeting - "morning" . What's this greeting anyway  if it is missing the "good" ? -_-
 
 
After brushing my teeth, I went back to the kitchen to find Yuri thinking and looking at her full cup.
 
"Is everything okay?" I asked when I started to make my coffee. Could she be thinking about what had happened last night? After all, girls usually took this stuff seriously, right?
A snort came from the couch and I looked over, surprised. Minhwan was sleeping there, unnoticed by me and I suddenly realized something horrifying.
 
Yuri and I slept on my bed, which was also Minhwan’s! Unfortunately, that would mean that he had seen us together. Gosh, he’d probably think all sorts of inappropriate things! After all, it was Minhwan we were talking about.
 
As if to diffuse the slightly awkward atmosphere, Yuri answered me, "Not really, I didn't sleep very well." 
 
Finishing my coffee, I went and sat beside her.
 
"I’m sorry, was it because of me?" I asked and shyly glancing at her expression; it was totally blank.
 
She cocked her head, baffled, "You? How would that relate to you?", she frowned.
 
I cleared my throat.
 
"I-It isn’t, stupid me kekeke" I stuttered and faked a laugh nervously.
 
 
*End of Flashback*
 
 
I tested Minhwan's expression, it seemed like he was still thinking.
 
"I got it!” he suddenly exclaimed.
 
"Huh? Got what?" 
 
"Why no one referred to what happened yesterday!” he continued.
 
"You're still thinking about that? You didn't listen to one word of what I’ve been telling you?" I shouted at him. 
 
"I lost you at the beginning but it doesn’t matter! Wanna hear about what I realized or not?!" Minhwan shouted gleefully, extremely excited. It would always happen when he discovered something. He’d feel smart for a few seconds.
 
"Whatever" I shrugged.
 
"Well, last summer I saw her sleeping with Jonghun, Jaejin and Wonbin." he nodded a few times. "I didn't relate that to your ‘ert incident' because Yuri and you met just yesterday."
 
I squinted at him, 
 
"W-with the 3 of them?" I stuttered, unintentionally shouting.
 
"No, stupid." He grinned. This isn’t a time for grinning! @#$%, start talking now! - "Each time with someone else"
 
The second I heard that I choked which resulted in me coughing violently for a couple of minutes. Minhwan patted my back and said random things like, Are you all right? Or, should I bring you water? I tried to catch my breath.
"No I'm not alright Minhwan! " I shouted furiously and grabbed his shirt collar “Do you think I’m stupid!” I whispered angrily "Each time with someone else is even worse! What did Hongki say about it?" Gosh, they have no respect for women!
 
Minhwan calmly shrugged his shoulders. "They're like a family so he took it easily and obviously that’s why he took your incident easily as well. I'm a genius right?!" He began to praise himself but I'd lost him.
Was he telling me that the girl slept with boys all the time? Even if they were family that would be wrong! I don’t hug my sister when I sleep! Seriously, what the hell?
 
"Ya! Seunghyun-ah! Why are you so angry? You look like a tomato Just say thanks to god that Hongki won't tear you for pieces! Even though you don't count as Yuri's family, he still took it easily! Isn’t he the best hyung ever!" Minhwan jumped on the couch, as hyper as ever, making my body sway on the couch.
 
I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, my lips. He was right, and beside, what could I do about it? It was Yuri’s life after all.
 
"You're right, I guess." I frowned.
 
 
 
Two days after, everything was still going smoothly.
I got to know Yuri better but never did get any information about her relationship with Wonbin. She said she didn’t want to talk about it and I just accepted it. After all, like I said before, it’s her life.
 
The four of us convinced Hongki to let Yuri sleep in our dorm as long as she wanted to, and even the manager accepted it. Apparently he knew Yuri for the past couple of years and really liked her. After he heard that I didn't go to our meeting because I had to take care of Yuri, he wasn’t angry at all.
 
And now we were sitting in the living room, all of us ready for bed.
 
"How about we watch a movie?" Yuri suggested.
 
"I'm on it!" Minhwan hopped of the couch and hurried to our room.
 
"I'll go make some popcorn" Hongki exclaimed and ran to the kitchen, leaving Jonghun, Jaejin, Yuri, and me. Yuri sat next to me, and Jonghun sat on the other side of her.Jaejin was lying down on the ground, even though there was plenty of room to sit because he wanted to be lazy.
 
Yuri put her head on my shoulder and yawned causing Jonghun to look at her "Are you tired?" he gently asked.
 
Of course she is dumbo.
 
She nodded her head lightly. She couldn't sleep now because she insisted on sleeping on the couch after we had all agreed on her staying at our dorm. And right now, her 'bed' wasn't available.
 
"You can go and sleep on my bed if you want" I suggested to her. If she didn’t know me, her thoughts would have gone down to the gutters. But I had pure intentions, I swear!
 
'It's okay; I want to watch the movie anyway"
 
Jonghun just looked at us with a giant smile on his face.
 
"What?" I managed to say.
 
"Nothing" He shook his head.
I stared at him, not believing him at all.
 
The doorball rang and Hongki shouted “Just a minute!” from the kitchen.
 
I looked towards the door to see Yunha, Hongki’s best friend, standing there. In return, Jonghun sighed heavily .
 
Cool. She's here. I really like it when Hongki hyung inviting her to our dorm just like that.
 
I stared at her ; I had almost forgotten how beautiful she was - but still, Yuri was prettiest, And she was resting on my shoulder, breathing lightly.
 
Yet, instead of thanking God for Yuri, I was staring at Yunha. It didn’t really matter at the moment how pretty Yuri was.
 
Hongki hugged her and led her to the living room.
 
"Hi Yunha noona" I greeted her happily. 
 
She giggled, laughing about how her name rhymed with my formal language. "Hi Seunghyun-ah!" she waved at me.
 
"Sit Yunha" Hongki muttered and Yunha nodded, sitting down on the couch obediently.
 
"Long time no see." Jonghun hissed through his teeth. He didn't really like Yunha for some unknown reason that I never bothered to ask about.
Damm, I was missing lots of juicy information.
 
She half-smiled at him and nodded like she always did; Yunha always looked like she felt sorry for Jonghun. 
 
Than she took a glance on the half-asleep Yuri on my shoulder and called “Hi Yuri!”
 
"Hi Yunha! It’s been a really long time since we’ve seen each other!" She tried to sound excited but failed as she was obviously very tired. Still not lifting her head up from my shoulder, Yuri put her hand on my waist. My heart started pounding really fast, not because of Yuri’s touch but because Yunha was sitting right beside me. It felt like I was betraying her for some reason.
 
'Calm down Seunghyun! You're not together so snap out of it! ' The voice in my head told me. I couldn’t calm down though, it just felt wrong beside Yunha.
 
I took a glance at everybody and they seemed to be minding their own business. Yunha wasn’t even looking at me! I was relieved. The 'betrayal' felt less severe.
 
Jaejin was already in his little dream world; the guy always fell asleep really easily.
 
"Yes, I got it!" Minhwan shouted as he finally made his way back to us, laughing evilly "It's going to be very scary. Muahahahahaa"
 
Are you serious?
 
Such a strange guy…
 
---------------------
 
Hi guys!!
Please comment more ans subscribe more and I'll upload faster . ♥
 
Thanks to Yuki for helping me with my english so you could read it easier . !! (: