So Close

Every Summer

 

Jonghun POV
 
They knock on the door, once, twice, three times.
 
OTOKE?
 
"Jonghun ah! Open the ing door! Chincha..I'm going crazy here!" Hongki shouted from his room; really, must he be so loud?
 
 Aish! Shut up, you stupid monkey! If you knew who was outside, you would never open the door even if you had to make Seunghyun sleep outside.
 
I ran to my room and without opening the door just shouted to Yuri "Don't get out of the room no matter what happens!"
Coming back to the door, I took a deep breath and opened the door by a crack.
 
Seunghyun stood there, alone.
 
YAY!
 
"Where's Wonbin?" I asked, trying not to show how happy I was.
 
"He's on the 2nd floor, just helping out the ahjumma with her shopping."
 
HE'S HERE?
 
I froze in my spot, horrified but Seunghyun kept talking, "Oops. I mean, the ahjumma who appeared to be Jaejin grandma..Remember her? When Hongki fought wi..."
 
Shut the up Seunghyun!" I shouted"
 
 
"He looked terrified and clueless."Hyung..What's wrong
 
But just when I was about to answer the elevator opened and Wonbin got off it.

.Hyung!" Wonbin smiled from ear to ear"

"Don't call me hyung; drink something and leave." I said coldly and went to my room to check on Yuri. She was sleeping, phew.
 
"Everything will be just fine Yuri; oppa's here for you."
 
 
Seunghyun POV
 
Wonbin stood there awkwardly, staring after Jonghun's disappearing back.
 
"Maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea after all.." he mumbled, trying to smile. I felt sorry for him.
 
"Come in. I'll make you some hot chocolate."
He smiled slightly in response and we entered the dorm.
 
The dorm was quiet so I guessed everyone was in their rooms.
 
I made Wonbin some hot chocolate quickly and gave it to him.
 
He smiled and took it from me "I'm really happy that you're the one who replaced me seunghyun."
 

"I chuckled. "Kamsahamnida hyung! I'll do even better!

We sat quietly, the silence only punctured by the sounds of Wonbin drinking the hot chocolate.
 
"Hyung..You didn't leave the band because you wanted to go solo right ?"
 
There was a pause as Wonbin kept drinking.
 
"Right."
 
"And you left because you fought with the members."
 
"Kinda."
 
"So why can't you settle it with them? I can help! We can be ST Island! [Six treasure island]"
 
Wonbin placed his hand on my shoulder.
"Thanks Seunghyun, but they should be mad at me. I can understand them. Besides, If I was hurting them they would've forget me about that. But it wasn't them that I'd been hurting. It's fine, I guess I deserve it."
 
I didn't know what to say. What was this guy talking about? What could be so complicated?
I sighed heavily and played with my hands nervously.
 
"Seunghyun ah.." Wonbin spoke after a while.
 
"Huh?"
 

"Watch after Yuri; I trust you"

"Y-Yuri? What about her?"

"Just keep your eyes on her. I can't do that anymore, so you should replace me in this too. You've got the whole package my dongsaeng."
 
He patted my shoulder, stood up, walked twards the door and kept talking with his back to me.
"I saved my number on your phone. If something bad happens, call me anytime."

.I was totally confused

What? Bad? Hyung.. W-what are you talking about?" I stuttered"

"IF something bad happened, you'll know. In that case, call me."
 
He then left with me, confused and scared, left behind him.
 
Why was Yuri's life so complicated?
Why did I feel like I should protect her more than ever, now?
What happened between them?
I scratched my head and sighed again, thinking about Yuri and Wonbin.
 
Everytime Wonbin was mentioned around Yuri, she turned blank and the other members would become worried.
 
The more I thought about it, the more it became suspicious.
 
That's it, she can't hide it anymore, she's going to tell my everything right here right now.
 
I walked towards Jonghun's room, where she was probably staying. She's there 80% of the time she's home, the rest 20% can be into 18% in the living room and 2% in my room. It's really sad that i'm only getting 2%, but that was the condition at the moment.
 
I opened the door to see Jonghun sleeping next to Yuri. That made me think about the incident on the night we met each other. The sight was making me really jealous.
 
Gosh, what was I thinking about? I  was supposed to ask about Wonbin!
But wait, I can't wake her up!
Panicking as I tried to think up a good plan, I heard sobbing coming from Yuri as her body shook in time with the sobs.
 

.I stepped forward quickly and sat next to her

"Stop crying, Yuri. Oppa is here for you." 
 
She wiped her tears quickly, not making any sound at all now. I patted her arm comfortingly.
 
"I didn't mean it, you know? You can cry." I looked at hyung sleeping. "Just come with me"
 
For the next ten minutes, all I did was hold Yuri like a baby as she cried into my shoulder. It was really sad seeing the strong girl sit in my lap and be so totally devastated like that. I tried patting her back, head, shoulder but it didn't really help. I kissed her wet cheek without saying anything. I'd never seen Yuri cry before; it was heartbreaking.
 
"You can go to sleep now" She whispered but still holding me tight.

.I know you don't want me to go to sleep." I whispered back"

"I don't." She answered frankly.
It made the ache in my heart grow even more.
 
"What are you crying about ?" I moved her head from my sholder and pushed her hair back behind her ears. She looked terrible: red eyes swollen from crying, puffed up lips..
 
'Don't look at her lips stupid. Move! Move!' The "angelic side" in me said.
 
'Kiss her, It's your chance!' The "devilish side" said in response.
 
As always, I obeyed the angelic one and pat Yuri's cheek.
 
"I saw Wonbin today."

.Me t...wait, where? at the Coffee shop?" I asked"

Yuri nodded.
 
'With you? I saw her talking with someone else.' Yunha sentence rang in my head.
I then remembered Yuri's behavior earlier. Aish, it was so obvious! I should've realised earlier.

"?You want to talk about it"

.Yuri shook her head

Well, I couldn't exactly force her to tell me right?
All I could do now is to protect her, just like Wonbin hyung asked me to.