The Mystery

Every Summer

 

Chapter 4
 
Shunghyun VOP
 
Four hours had passed since Yuri came, and I still hadn't gotten to talk to her since the Jonghun Whisper Issue. It was fine since I got to see her laughing non-stop, while Minhwan bullied Jaejin who bothered her , while she listened to Jonghun's story about what she had missed since last summer. Hongki just sat and listened.
 
"And what about you guys and Wonbin? You're still in contact?", she asked, trying to ask the awkward question just like any other question, but I saw that she was actually really interested about it. The smile smeared onto her face brought out her two dimples. She had a snub nose with freckles lightly sprinkled on. 
Please, tell me if you know somebody who wouldn't fall for freckles! It's so adorable. 
 
 I decided to answer her question, "No regular contact, but yes, we talk often, how about you?", I asked since  I rememberd something about Wonbin being the closest to her. 
 
Yuri's eyes fell down, her smile insisting on staying on her face which made me feel bad. I just wanted to say that nothing bad would happen If she releases her smile. Jonghun opened his eyes wide and looked worried which made me feel even worse. Had I say something wrong?  - "You don't have to-"
 
She seemed to have a lot to say, but she just cut me off mumbling, "We actually don't talk at all." She looked like she was trying to take it lightly and not destroy the atmosphere.
 
I guess to defuse the sudden tension, Hongki started fighting with Jaejin about something with the old lady downstairs, who had discovered as Jaejin's grandmother. 
 
Jonghun, who sat beside Yuri and looked at her with a comforting gaze, hugged her shoulder and whispered something which she nodded to. He kept talking in her ear until she mumbled slightly, "No, it's ok, I don't."
She looked at me after that. I wanted to look away but for some reason just couldn't. Besides, She looked terrible trying not to make us worry, not that it worked: we seemed to worry even more. Her soul was just so transparent that no matter how much she tried to muster a smile, you would still be able to see everything through her eyes.
 
"How about pizza for mid-night meal?", Minhwan said, trying to save the situation. 
"YAY! Pizza!", Yuri suddenly screamed and jumped out of her seat causing my heartbeat to accelerate.  Although it was frightening, I prefer that than to see the look on her face a few seconds ago while talking about Wonbin. What had happened between those two? 
 
"YEAH! PIZZA~! PIZZA! I WANT SOME NOW!!!", Hongki jumped out of his seat too, whining childishly. I could definitely see why they were related.
 
"Hyung, please stop it.", Jaejin pleaded burying his head into his hands.
 
After an hour, we had all finished eating our pizza, until I realised Yuri was STILL eating. 
 
"Yuri, you're eating really slow you know?", I muttered. She laughed and covered just like me when I laugh. 
 
"I'm not eating slow. This is my fifth slice.", she shrugged and continued eating.
 
I felt like my eyes were going to fall out of their sockets, "YOUR FIFTH?!",  I was close to waking up all of our neighbors.
 
"Get used to it", Hongki said, "She eats more than all of us!"
 
Oh never mind, I like girls with a healthy appetite.
 
"This is one of the reasons I didn't want her to live here on the last summer.", Hongki went on to say.
 
"AH?", Yuri tried to say something with full of pizza but all that came out was a strange grunting sound. She chewed quickly and swallowed her pizza. 
I grinned, that was so funny. 
 
"If I knew that that was the reason... I was fasting for the whole summer, I swear!", she said and nodded quickly, making all of us laugh. 
 
Hongki's phone rang making us all stop laughing, "Yeboseyo?", he said, "Now? Umm..Ok than" 
He scratched his forehead. "Araso. Komawo.", and he hung up on whoever it was.
 
"The manager wants us to meet him at his office.", Hogki announced. "Jinja?", Jaejin asked, confused. I knew why he was confused like  that since I was too. The manager had never asked us to meet him at times like this; it was already 1 AM. Hongki nodded, looking as baffled as all of us. We all got up from our seats in silence and walked towards the door in a stupor.
 
Someone coughed and we all looked behind us. Yuri sat there, innocence as always, with pizza in her hand. For some reason it was clean fron bites. REALY? Don't tell me this is her sixth.
 
"Are you leaving me here all alone?!", she asked, her eyes were full of panic. Her chest began to rise and fall quickly. 
 
"I can't take you home, you have to stay here, umma said that she was called for night shift after the afternoon one, that's why she wasn't home when we came to my house.", Hongki explained, probably feeling sorry for her.
 
Jonghun seemed to be worried, "Yuri can't stay here alone. Maybe she can come with us?"
 
Yuri didn't seem to be particularly enthusiastic about coming. Weird. I think that anyone who will get the chance to come to our company was jumping from his seat and running all the way.
 
Just than an idea came into my mind. From my good brain, not the malicious one.
 
"I can stay with her. I don't think the manager would be angry, and even if he does get angry, I would be able to handle it." 
The guys looked at each other as if they were communicating with their minds like in the comics that I was reading. The one with the aliens. 
 
"Come on guys. It's fine. I can handle it !", I tried to convince them. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind staying with Yuri here. Alone. Oh gosh!! go away malicious brain, you ert!
 
"Araso. It's not like we have  any other choices.", Hongki shrugged leaving the dorm. 
- "Saranghae Yuri."
- "Take care of yourself!"
- "Be careful of Seunghyun!"
Jonghun, Jaejin and Minhwan exclaimed one after another.
 
I opened my eyes after hearing Minhwan's exclamation,
"YAH! COME HERE YOU BASTARD!", I shouted but Minhwan managed to escape from my wrath, PABO.
 
After the door slammed shut, I turned around to see Yuri continue enjoying her pizza, smiling to myself.
 
-----------------------------------
 
WAWAWAWAWA WHAT WOULD HAPPEND ? ^^
KEKEKE GO AWAY MALICIOUS BRAIN !!!!!!!!! O_O
 
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I WAS REALY BUSY !! =\ COMMMMENT!!
 
AND THANKS FOR YUKI FOR HELPING ME. AGAIN !! GET USED TO IT (: