The proposition

One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it

“Sungmin” Victoria whined, tugging his perfectly iron shirt’s sleeves like a lost girl “What am I going to do?” her beautiful ponytail bobbed as she shook her head, expressing her anxiety.

 

“Stop it Vic. You going to ruin my new shirt” he pulled away and took a step away from his anxious friend. It was not his intention to be cold; but he himself was uncertain on how to react to the unexpected situation “Just calm down. I’m sure it’s nothing serious. The worst thing he might just ask you to sent the jacket to dry cleaners.”

 

But Victoria was a far cry from calm, pacing nervously in the confined space; her bunny eyes were darkened in sadness “Yesterday was my worst day of my life. I was so embarrassed; I was ready to sell my soul to the devil, just to erase the incident. I already solemnly swear that I will not return to this place. Yet, here I am, meeting the source of my misery” she flailed her arms in the air dramatically.

 

“You’re such a drama queen” Sungmin shook his head, looking up at the moving numbers, moving upward to the 22nd floor; the Executive Director’s office. Cho Kyuhyun’s office.

 

“Sungmin. Are you even listening to me?” she pouted, stomping her feet childishly “Why is the Executive Director conducted the interview yesterday? Doesn’t he have other bigger things to do? Shouldn’t it be from Creative Department or someone from recruitment or something?”

 

Sungmin sighed deeply, knowing well the reason for Victoria rambling state “Our HR Manager is away at this moment, returning only in another week. As for the Creative Manager post, it’s still vacant; thus Cho Kyuhyun is overseeing the department.”

 

“And why is he so young?” Victoria’s incoherency continued, not even bother to digest Sungmin’s explanations.

 

But before her dear friend could reply, the elevator halted “You’re here” he pressed the open button, and then patted her on her shoulder “Good luck.”

 

“Eh? You’re not coming with me?” she panicked, voice raised higher as she reached for her dear friend.

 

“He only instructed me to bring you here. Now go” Sungmin stated, guilt eating him up.

 

“So you are just going to leave me here” her voice was shaky, on the verge of freaking out “I thought we are best friend.”

 

“Wookie is your best friend” he pushed her out and quickly shut the elevator door.

 

“Sungmin” she cried, banging on the cold metal door.

 

But the drama didn’t last long as a worried voice interrupted her from behind “Miss Victoria Song, are you okay?”

 

She instantly turned around; a fake smile plastered on her glossy lips “I’m fine. Thank you. And you are?”

 

“I’m Luna” her lips curled into a small genuine smile, extended her hand to Victoria “I’m Cho Kyuhyun’s secretary.”

 

Victoria’s face turned ashes at the mentioned of his name “Is he in?”

 

“He’s waiting for you” the girl replied, gesturing Victoria to follow her lead. And with heavy steps she did.

 

*********************

 

“You’re late” was the first phrase greeted Victoria as she stepped into the oxford green carpeted office room. The door closed behind her with a thud; reminding her that she’s on her own now.

 

She bowed even lower than her usual and inhaled deeply, eyes fixed on her peep-toes red shoes “So, sorry.” She then snapped her back straight, nervously standing in the middle of the huge office; beautifully designed in minimalistic theme of green and brown. Victoria could not help it feeling so small.

 

“Have a seat” the guy brushed off her apology on a whim, seated himself behind the huge mahogany desk.

 

Victoria moved herself instantly into the empty seat, straightening her cobalt blue dress with her clammy hands; trying her best to stay calm. Though she was trying hard to avoid eye contact, she could not help it admiring Kyuhyun good looks, dressed lightly in sky blue shirt and a darker hue silk tie.

 

She was still in her own world when she heard her name being called “Miss Victoria, are you still here.”

 

“Umm sorry” again another apology escaped , slowly raising her head.

 

“You space out a lot” he remarked, a mischievous smirk hinted at the corner of his lips.

 

“Only when I’m nervous” she replied earnestly, earning her a casual laugh from the other.

 

“Well, I hope you won’t be spacing during work time” he announced “But I’m sure you’ll fit in perfectly’ he added with a straight face.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t get you?” Victoria stared blankly, knitting her perfectly trimmed brows together.

 

The guy leaned forward, a mysterious smile curled on his lips “The job is yours.”

 

Victoria blinked for few seconds; trying to digest the recent information fed to her, refusing to believe her own ears “I got the job? Me? You are hiring Victoria Song as your new junior graphic executive?” she asked, stunned by the revelation. It sounds so foreign to her.

 

“Would you prefer a higher post?” he asked.

 

“No” Victoria blurted out. Then, she quickly changed her tone “I mean, why?”

 

“Why I’m not offering you a higher post?” he asking, purposely teasing her; amused by Victoria’s reactions.

 

She shook her head almost violently “No, I mean why me?” she then added with softer voice “I’m sure there are many better candidates out there.”

 

“So you are not confident with yourself?” he asked, provoking further with his devilish smirk.

 

Frozen to her chair, Victoria stared directly into Kyuhyun’s challenging brown eyes, trying to read the golden flecks. Then, with hesitation, she asked “What’s the catch?”

 

Kyuhyun’s laughter filled the small room. He then stood up from his leather chair and gracefully strode towards the other side. Pushing the stack of files placed by Luna to the side, he leaned his weight on the wooden table, standing inches away from nervous guest “You’re really smart. That’s why you are chosen.”

 

Victoria breathed in and bravely looked up. She had no idea where such courage came from, but she’s not giving in easily “Thank you sir. But I’m really bad at reading cryptic messages. Would you mind explaining it to me?”

 

The guy crossed his arms around his chest as a sign of authority “I’m offering you this job” he paused dramatically, his lips tantalizingly “If you willing to be my wife.”

 

“Excuse me?” Victoria exclaimed aloud, jaw dropped to the floor “Your wife?”

 

 

*************

 

 

Yesterday might be one of her most embarrassing moment she wished never happen. But today was even worst. She never felt so humiliated in her whole life; fuming bright red as she stormed out of the office without even bothering to thank the secretary. Victoria then abusively presses the elevator button, wanting to get as far away from the building. But after few seconds of waiting, her impatience grew even worst. She left her spot and took the stairs instead.

 

But it seemed her day was not getting better at all. Climbing down the stairs from the 22nd floor proved to be a real challenge. Especially with her high slit dress and pointy heels on. She finally gave up and went of bare feet, ignoring the dusty steps. But her journey stooped at the 10th floor when a familiar face looked up to her.

 

“Oh, hello there” the tall handsome stranger greeted her between puff, blowing the smoke freely into the air. He crossed his long legs as he leaned his weight on the wall “What a pleasant surprise.”

 

Victoria bitted her lips, trying to hold back her anger. Not a single word came up from her, just a low muffled as she nodded.

 

Not being discourage by the lack of response, he asked further “Here to see Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

Victoria gave a small nod, but her eyes eyeing for an escape route instead. She even considered of climbing back to the previous floor.

 

“I’m sure it was a great deal” he stated, throwing the cigarette bud into the trash can.

 

“I have no idea what you are talking about” she pleaded, voice shaking slightly.

 

“Well, he didn’t tell me his plan in detail. But with the hints he gave out, the gist is clear. I’m sure the pay is good” he smirked at her.

 

“I’m sorry sir, but may I be excused” she brushed off the statement coldly, trying to walk pass Changmin.

 

“Girls throw themselves to him all the time; gorgeous girls. I really don’t see what so special with you till he got to pay” he added. Seconds later; Shim Changmin bends in pain, rubbing his left shin. One of Victoria’s pointy heels scratched his leg as she thrown her shoes at him.

 

“I have met so many wonderful people in my whole life. But this is the first time I met two rich bastards in the same day” Victoria raised her voice as she stepped away from the guy.

 

Changmin was furious being treated such way. But as soon as he lifted his head and his eyes met Victoria’s, he saw the tears welling in her stubborn eyes, threaten to drop. He swallowed hard.

 

“If you think all girls can be bought, you are wrong” her voice cracked; and tears flowed. She left the stranger by himself.

 

************** See you guys in the next chapter**************

Hi guys *waving happily*... Sorry I took so long to update. RL been kinda tough lately ;________;

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and do stay tune for more drama ya~

Anyway, have you check my Kyutoria fanvid (^_^)