[ Nine ]

White Horse (Dongsaeng SEQUEL)

 

‘’Seohyun ah, I’m sorry.’’

 

Seohyun sat up on her bed saw their group leader standing at the door, with her head hung low.

 

‘’Unnie? What’s wrong? Come and sit here.’’

 

Taeyeon shuffled along towards Seohyun’s bed, but remained silent. ‘’Sorry.’’ She whispered again.

 

Seohyun reached out to hug Taeyeon. ‘’Did something happen?’’

 

Taeyeon shook her head. ‘’No, but…what you told us about Changmin oppa tonight…it was my fault…’’

 

Seohyun looked at her with a confused expression. ‘’Why?’’

 

‘’Changmin oppa asked me where you were because he was worried about you. He told me he wanted to make things clear to you because he still obviously loves you. I wouldn’t tell him that it was Yonghwa you were meeting, but he begged and begged. So I told him where you were going to be… I didn’t know he would actually confront you guys…I’m so sorry. It was all my fault.’’

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and slowly looked up at Seohyun, anticipating her response. The younger sighed and smiled. ‘’Unnie, you’re silly. I won’t blame you.’’

 

‘’But-‘’

 

‘’It’s alright. I called Yonghwa oppa just now to apologise to him about it, and told him clearly that I really shouldn’t have used him to help myself move on or forget. I guess right now, I just need some time. A lot has been going through my mind, and I really need to get myself together. We still have our busy schedules ahead of us…I shouldn’t waste my time thinking about all this. It’s pointless anyway.’’

 

‘’What about Changmin oppa?’’

 

Seohyun took a deep breath. ‘’What about him? He is really, just, my oppa. Right?’’

 

‘’You’re not going to talk to him about things? Like properly talk? Especially after tonight, at least ask him for an explanation for his behavior.’’

 

The younger shook her head. ‘’No. We tried to talk, didn’t we? I don’t know what he wants, but I know I’m definitely going to let time wash over everything for me.’’

 

‘’Are you sure?’’

 

‘’120% sure. I’ll be fine, don’t worry.’’

 

Taeyeon hugged Seohyun close and sighed. ‘’If that’s what you want, then we’ll respect your choice. We’ll always be here if you need anything, alright?’’

 

‘’Thank you unnie.’’

 

 

‘’You, what?’’ Yunho’s mouth was wide open for a few minutes now.

 

Changmin looked up, and rested his head on the table. ‘’Seriously, hyung. Stop doing that. Your mouth must be tired.’’

 

Yunho blinked a few times and slowly closed his mouth, seating himself next to Changmin. ‘’Yeah, it kind of is. No! Back to the point. Why did you do that?’’

 

‘’I don’t know…I got so furious.’’

 

‘’You actually went to spy on them, and you actually confronted them?’’’

 

‘’Yes, hyung. I know, I’m retarded. Something is definitely wrong with me.’’

 

‘’Definitely. I mean, man, that must have been so cool!’’

 

Changmin blinked and turned to the leader. ‘’What?’’

 

‘’What? Don’t girls like that kind of thing? Like, oh my god, this man is so cool and handsome for just protecting me from another man because they’re jealous. I thought girls think guys are cute when they’re jealous.’’

 

Changmin blinked a few more times and shook his head. ‘’No. Not how I did it.’’

 

‘’Oh. Well, maybe you didn’t do it cool enough.’’

 

‘’Hyung!’’

 

‘’Okay okay.’’ Yunho laughed. ‘’But really…you’ve got some major problem to fix. I bet Seohyun is really upset.’’

 

‘’She was crying.’’

 

‘’Oh. Lovely.’’

 

‘’I know. I’m an idiot.’’

 

‘’You are.’’

 

Changmin gestured to throw a mug at him. ‘’Alright, sorry! I was just joking, touché.’’ Yunho helped to lower the mug from Changmin’s hands.

 

‘’Hyung, I really don’t know what to do now. I’ve never acted like this before, right? I mean, I just couldn’t control myself back then. I don’t even know what I want.’’’

 

‘’Her.’’

 

‘’Huh?’’

‘’Seohyun. You want Seohyun, right?’’

 

‘’I can’t exactly-‘’

 

‘’You can. If you want to, you can. If you want to, you wouldn’t care about what anyone else says. Like she said, you guys are not blood related at all. Wake up, Min. If you love her, and you want to get her back, then you can. Just make the effort to do it.’’

 

Changmin sat there for a long while in deep thought, sipping his tea and occasionally looking up at Yunho. ‘’I should, right?’’

 

Yunho smiled. ‘’Yes, you should. And you better make this good. Probably your last chance ever.’’

 

‘’What should I do though? I don’t even know anymore.’’’

 

‘’Do something that will make her realize that you do love her, like really, actually, love her. Show her through your sincerity that you don’t care about what other people think or say about you guys. Action speaks louder than words. I sound smart, don’t I?’’ Yunho grinned.

 

‘’Not really. But yeah, that’s a good quote there.’’’

 

‘’Yah!’’ Yunho hit Changmin’s head, as the younger was rubbing it.

 

‘’Please don’t give me a bruise. I need to look good when I see her next time.’’

 

The leader smiled in satisfaction. ‘’Well, be prepared for the next time you see her then. Make sure she leaves happily, with you, after that.’’

 

Changmin grinned. ‘’Where should I start?’’