[ Five ]

White Horse (Dongsaeng SEQUEL)

 

 

‘’Seohyun-ah, how are you?’’

 

She looked up from staring at the floor. It was Yonghwa, her on-screen husband back then for ‘We Got Married’. They shared good memories as friends, and there were times where the both of them doubted their feelings for each other. There were many rumours about Yonghwa trying to stay in close relation with Seohyun after the show ended. However, Seohyun had long given her heart to Changmin, leaving Yonghwa in despair.

 

In front of Yonghwa, Seohyun could only force a smile. ‘’Yonghwa Oppa, hello. I’m good, and you?’’

 

Yonghwa’s worried expression quickly changed into one with relief. ‘’I’m good too, thanks. I heard about the accident, so I texted you. But I never got a reply and I got worried… so I thought I’d come by to see you. Well, this is such a relief!’’ he chuckled.

 

Seohyun could only fake another smile. ‘’Neh, thanks for your concern. But I must head to meet my unnies now, goodbye.’’ She quickly bowed, and rushed off along the corridors headed to her dressing room. She breathed a sigh of relief when she looked back to see that he was far away from her. Just then, she bumped into someone.

 

“Oh my, I’m sorr-‘’  ‘’I’m so sor-‘’

 

Both of them stopped and stared at each other.

 

“Changmin oppa.’’  ‘’Seohyun-ah.’’

 

Changmin quickly shook his head. ‘’It’s alright. Are you okay?’’

 

She nodded slowly, trying to avoid his gaze. ‘’Neh, thanks. Sorry about that. Please, excuse me.’’ She tried to walk past him, but he was faster and grabbed her hand, twisting her around so they were facing each other again.

 

‘’Were you talking to Yonghwa?’’

 

Cold air rushed through the corridors. Dead silence.

 

‘’Did you hear me, Seohyun?’’

 

‘’Ye-yes, I did hear you. And yes, Yonghwa oppa and I were talking because he came to visit me. Why? Can’t I talk to other people?’’ Seohyun started to raise her voice as she struggled to escape Changmin’s grip. Changmin noticed and slowly released his grip on her wrist.

 

‘’Sorry. I was just-‘’

 

‘’It doesn’t matter.’

Dead silence again.

 

‘’I was just afraid that he might be bothering you.’’

 

‘’I can handle my things perfectly fine, thanks for your concern. Now if you’ll excuse me, I really need to get ready to go on stage.’’ She quickly bowed, her eyes fixated on the concrete floor.

 

Changmin could only stand still with his hands clenched in fists. ‘’Seohyun ah.’’

 

She looked away from him. ‘’Yes?’’

 

‘’I’m sorry.’’

 

Both of them paused for a second, before Seohyun cleared . ‘’For what? There’s nothing you should apologise for, really.’’

 

Tell her you love her. Tell her!

 

‘’I lov-‘’

 

‘Seohyun sshi, we have to get on stage very soon! Ah, Changmin sshi. Seohyun sshi, please follow me!’’ A Music Core backstage staff ran over to the couple, breaking them apart and left Changmin standing in the corridors alone.

 

He watched as Seohyun was dragged by the staff member, anticipating that maybe, she would look back. But she didn’t. Why am I such an idiot? He shook his head and slowly made his way back to his assigned dressing room.

 

‘’Seohyun ah, what took you so long? We thought you fell into the toilet or something! Come on, we need to get on stage soon to start the show.’’

 

Seohyun looked up, dazed. ‘’Ne-neh, unnies. Sorry, I just ran into people…’’

 

Tiffany looked concerned. ‘’Who?’’ she exchanged glances with Taeyeon, as the leader also approached the maknae.

 

Seohyun shook her head a few times. ‘’Nevermind, it’s nothing really.’’

 

Taeyeon looked uncertain. ‘’Are you sure? Can you go on stage with the state you are in?

 

Seohyun sighed. ‘’I have to. Come on, let’s go.’’ She forced a reassuring smile. Taeyeon and Tiffany nodded, patting the maknae’s back for encouragement. You can do this, Seo Joohyun.

 

Music Core ended smoothly and Seohyun managed to keep her cheerful side on screen throughout the recording. The girls were now heading to the parking lot to return home. As the manager started the engine, the girls started to talk amongst themselves.

 

‘’So, tell us.’’ Tiffany looked at Seohyun. Taeyeon turned to look at her too. Seohyun looked up from her phone, and shook her head.

 

‘’It’s nothing much unnies…’’

 

‘’You know you can trust us, we’re family.’’ Taeyeon smiled, reaching to hold Seohyun’s hand.

 

‘’Hmm. Yonghwa oppa came to visit me before the recording…and Changmin oppa saw us.’’ Taeyeon and Tiffany widened their eyes.

 

‘’They didn’t fight or anything, right!?’’

 

Seohyun shook her head vigorously. ‘’No no no, it’s not that. But Changmin oppa just seemed very…disappointed? Upset? Angry? I’m not too sure.’’

 

‘’Jealous. For sure.’’ Tiffany raised her brows, and Taeyeon nodded in agreement.’

 

Seohyun shrugged. ‘’Maybe. But I don’t care about that. I just don’t understand why two people can’t be together when they in fact love each other? Aish.’’ She rested her head on her palm, and started to cry. “What do I do…? What can I do…?’’

 

Tiffany patted her head. ‘’Don’t cry Seohyun ah…it hurts to see you like this…’’ She embraced Seohyun for a tight hug, cradling her head like a baby.’’ Seohyun cried throughout the whole car ride, and only stopped when they reached their dorm with the five other soshi girls waiting.

 

A rose bouquet and letter was waiting for Seohyun.