[ Four ]

White Horse (Dongsaeng SEQUEL)

 

‘’Happy endings are only for fairytales.’’ Seohyun whispered to herself repeatedly as she cried softly in Tiffany’s arms. Tiffany looked up at the other girls, and back at Seohyun. The girls crowded around their maknae, all trying to hold in their tears.

 

Seohyun was in so much pain, but none of them could do anything to help her. Never did she get knocked down this easily by feelings and emotions. Not even when her SNSD unnies had arguments. Not even when she realized her parents were not in love anymore.

 

She carried on, because Changmin was there for her.

But this was something else. Her love for Changmin is different.

 

Changmin felt as if his heart was being ripped out of his chest alive. Never did he experience such pain and torture. Not even when he broke up with the noona he loved dearly a while ago. Not even when he realized TVXQ was breaking apart. Seohyun was the one who enlightened him at that time and showed him that he can stay strong because there so many other things and people waiting for him.

 

He carried on, because Seohyun was there for him.

But this was something else. His love for Seohyun is different.

 

Changmin’s phone vibrated on the table, but he didn’t want to do anything about it. After a few more vibrations, Yunho picked it up.

 

“Hello? Ah, omeo-nim. (Someone’s mother) Neh, he’s here. Just wait a second.” Yunho nudged Changmin. “Min-ah, your mom.” Changmin winced, secretly holding a grudge against his mother for re-marrying. Not just to anyone, but Seohyun’s father.

 

Unwillingly, Changmin took hold of the phone. ‘’Neh, umma. What’s wrong?’’

 

“You sound so tired, Min-ah. Is everything alright? We were trying to call Seohyun to see how she is, but she’s not picking up. Is she okay?”

 

“Yes, she’s fine.’’ Except for the fact that she totally hates me now. ‘’She’s probably just busy with her schedules. Don’t worry too much.’’

 

‘’Aigoo she should get some more rest before she works! Ah dear, we’re so worried about her. Maybe I should go visit her…oh what food does she like? Or is there anything she doesn’t ea-’’

 

‘’Umma. I’m a little busy right now; I’ll talk to you later. Bye.’’ Changmin wasn’t even patient enough to wait for his mom to respond, and he slammed the phone on the table. He sighed.

 

‘’Poor phone. That’s going to leave a bruise.’’

 

Changmin looked up, raising his brows at Yunho. ‘’Hyung, I’m not in the mood for your jokes.’’ he shook his head, putting his head on the table again.

 

Yunho sat next to him and ruffled his hair. ‘’You’re acting like a kid again. What did I say about being a man?’’

 

Changmin pulled away. ‘’Hyung, I tried. She was the one who pushed me away. It was actually so scary; I couldn’t even recognize her at that moment. She was screaming, pushing me to the door with all her force.’’

 

Yunho sighed. ‘’Well, there must be a reason. Seohyun never does anything like that without a reason. What did you say to her?”

 

‘’I just said that we can’t start over. She knows, the girls know, you know and I know that we can’t.’’

 

‘’Why not?’’

 

“We’re siblings.’’

 

‘’Not blood related at all though.’’

 

‘’But our parents are married.’’

 

‘’So?’’

 

‘’So it’s !’’

 

Yunho looked at him, and sighed. ‘’You know it’s not exactly that.’’

 

Changmin nodded. ‘’I know. I know.’’ He whispered to himself. ‘’I don’t know anymore really! What can I do? She already hates me so much. I don’t know how long it’s going to take for her to calm down about this. We’re not even acting like a pair of comfortable siblings.’’

 

‘’That’s because you’re just dwelling too much on the fact that your parents are married. And-‘’

 

‘’But they are! That’s a fact.’’

 

Yunho glared at him, and Changmin realized he interrupted. ‘’Mian, hyung.’’ He sighed again.

 

Yunho shook his head. ‘’I mean, what I was trying to say is that before you two found out that you were siblings, you two still kept a secret relationship, right? I just don’t understand why the fact that your parents are married has to be such a big threat to you two. Actually, come to think of it, it’s not even a threat to Seohyun. But definitely a huge threat to YOU. Min, think about it carefully. Because I really don’t think it’s much of a problem.’’

 

Changmin nodded, trying to absorb Yunho’s words. ‘’I will. But I…I just don’t want to hurt her.’’

 

‘’Min, isn’t she already hurt? What you need to do right now is to just really think about yourself and her. Don’t think about what other people say. You need to do something that will heal her, something that can heal your relationship. Love has no limits or boundaries. You’re the one who set those limits and boundaries. Do you understand what I’m trying to say?’’

 

“Neh, hyung. Thanks a lot.’’

 

The elder smiled and pat his back. ‘’Come on, I’ll treat you to dinner tonight.’’

 

Changmin’s eyes twinkled. ‘’Really!? You never do.’’

 

Yunho laughed out loud. ‘’Yes, really. Just look at your dead face. But ONLY tonight. And we’re not eating anything expensive.’’

 

Changmin smiled at his hyung as they put on their shoes. ‘’Thanks hyung.’’ He mouthed.

 

As if Yunho could sense the younger’s gratitude, he stood up and hugged him. ‘’It’ll be alright.’’ He pulled away and smiled. ‘’Let’s go.’’ Changmin nodded in agreement.