[ Eight ]

White Horse (Dongsaeng SEQUEL)

 

‘’Do you like lobster? I heard the seafood here is really good.’’ Yonghwa looked up from his menu and smiled at the girl opposite him.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and straightened herself. She forced a smile and put down her menu. ‘’I don’t really mind, oppa. You can decide for me.’’

 

Yonghwa nodded and called a waiter over to put down his order. The two shared a bottle of red wine and chatted (well, mostly Yonghwa talking) until the food arrived. Meanwhile, Changmin just got off his taxi and walked into the restaurant. He looked around and realized how romantic and classy looking the atmosphere was. Seems like he’s someone rich. He asked the waiter to seat him somewhere near Seohyun’s table, but not too obvious at the same time.

 

I can’t believe I’m spying on her like this. Changmin sighed, and ordered a simple meal for his dinner. He took a sip of his water and craned his neck to get a good look of the guy Seohyun was talking to, but he didn’t want people to notice him so he had to do things discreetly.

 

When Changmin’s food arrived, he realized the man stood up and walked towards a waiter at the back. The man appeared a few minutes later with roses and a heart shaped box, handing it to Seohyun. Seohyun reluctantly took the gifts and gasped when she opened the box. At this moment, Changmin was getting very jealous and upset. He stood up and walked over to their table, surprising the two and himself when Yonghwa and he exchanged glances. ‘

 

‘’Hyung…you’re-‘’’

 

‘’Yonghwa.’’ Changmin looked at him, then at Seohyun, and at the box she was holding. It was a necklace, something that was very expensive looking. He looked at Seohyun with plead. ‘’Seohyun…this…’’

 

‘’Oppa, I-‘’

 

Changmin glanced at Seohyun one more time before grabbing her hand and running out of the restaurant, leaving Yonghwa there alone with the flowers and necklace. Yonghwa was stunned for a few moments, and sat back down in his chair. He sighed. ‘’I guess I’m still not good enough.’’ He whispered to himself.

 

 

Changmin ran and ran, gripping onto Seohyun’s wrist, with no idea which direction he was going. He just wanted to get out of there with her, to take her away from Yonghwa.

 

‘’Oppa!’’

 

Changmin came to an abrupt stop and turned to meet Seohyun’s eyes. She was crying. He turned around and embraced her, caressing her hair.

 

‘’I’m sorry, Seohyun ah. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me.’’ She continued to sob, her cries muffled in Changmin’s arms.

 

‘’Shhh, don’t cry. I’m here again.’’

 

After a few minutes, Seohyun pushed Changmin away and wiped her tears. ‘’Why?’’ she tried to keep her tone calm.

 

‘’Seohyun ah…why what?’’’

 

‘’Why did you follow me? Why did you run out here with me? Why did you make me leave Yonghwa oppa?’’

 

‘’I heard you got a date, and I couldn’t stop myself from finding out who it was. You know I don’t like him…’’

 

‘’It was just a dinner.’’

 

‘’But why him? On Valentine’s Day too? With roses and a necklace and all that?’’’

 

‘’He’s just a friend! I can’t control what he gifts me or anything, can I!?’’

 

They stared at each other, both breathing rapidly. Changmin took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

 

‘’Do you like him?’’ He opened his eyes again to wait for her answer.

 

‘’What do you want me to say?’’

 

‘’Just tell me the truth. I’m not asking you to lie.’’

 

‘’What if I do? Or what if I don’t?’’

 

‘’Just be honest, Seohyun ah.’’

 

Seohyun started to cry and hit Changmin’s arms. ‘’Why do you have to interfere with everything in my life!? Weren’t you the one who said we can’t be together? So why aren’t you giving me time to heal and move on, but instead you’re confusing me with your behavior! Aren’t you just my oppa?’’ She looked up at him and stopped hitting.

 

‘’Aren’t I just your dongsaeng?’’ she whispered.

 

‘’Seohyun ah…I’m sorry….’’

 

‘’Apologies can’t make up for anything that has already been damaged oppa…stop trying to save me from people like prince charming on a white horse. This isn’t fairytale. And I’m not going to fall for it anymore.’’ She turned around and walked off.

 

He ran after her, just as she got into a taxi.

 

‘’Oppa, please let go of the door.’’ She used all her strength to compete with Changmin, and finally shut the door. Changmin watched her go, because at that time, he knew what she said was right. He was confused with his feelings and behavior too. Changmin, you’re hurting even more now. What have you done?

 

 

‘’Oh, it must be Seohyun!’’ the girls gathered at the door, waiting for Seohyun to arrive home. As the door opened, it revealed a Seohyun with messy hair and messed up make up with tear stains on her face. She looked up to see her unnies, and burst out crying in the end.

 

‘’Oh no.’’ Sooyoung was the first one to catch Seohyun before she fell to the floor, sobbing in Sooyoung’s arms. ‘’Seohyun ah, let’s get you up first. What happened?’’ The girls guided their maknae to the sofa; Hyoyeon rushed over with a glass of water and Tiffany with a face towel. They sat down and watched as Seohyun continued to cry in Sooyoung’s arms, whilst the girls exchanged nervous glances.

 

After 10 minutes of silence, Seohyun finally lift her head up. ‘’Sorry, unnies…’’

 

‘’What happened?’’ Jessica stared at Seohyun, furiously thinking that Yonghwa probably did something to her.

 

‘’Did Yonghwa do something to you? You have to tell us, Seohyun ah!’’ Sunny exclaimed.

 

‘’No…he didn’t. He didn’t do anything…’’ Seohyun sniffed.

 

‘’What’s wrong then?’’ Sooyoung soothed her hair. ‘

 

She looked up and met the eyes of her unnies, sensing how worried they were. Seohyun sighed. ‘’I left him. But…Changmin oppa…’’