[ Six ]

White Horse (Dongsaeng SEQUEL)

 

Dear Seohyun,

 

I wasn’t too sure, but I hope you like roses. If you’re not too busy, I was wondering if I can have the honour to enjoy a meal with you this Thursday night.

 

I’ll be waiting for your good news.

Hope to see you soon.

 

Love,

Yonghwa

 

‘’Wow, how romantic.’’ Jessica handed the card over to Seohyun after reading it out loud to the girls in the dorm.

 

‘’Thursday night? Wait, isn’t that Valentine’s Day!?’’ Yoona exclaimed.

 

‘’Omo, he’s going to ask you out for real?’’ Sooyoung clapped her hands together.

 

Seohyun thought to herself for a while. ‘’Well, we probably have schedules.’’

 

‘’Seohyun ah, I don’t recall us having any schedules that night. Why don’t you give Yonghwa sshi a chance?’’ Hyoyeon smiled.’

 

The other girls nodded in agreement. Yuri put her arm around Seohyun. ‘’That’s right. Just think of it as a meal with a friend if you like, it can help you put your mind off things for a while.’’

 

‘’You mean put my mind off Changmin oppa, unnie.’’ Seohyun sighed. She looked around to her unnies, and they were all looking back at her with hopeful expressions.

 

‘’Alright, fine. I’ll try it out.’’ All the girls clapped and breathed sighs of relief. ‘’It’s just a dinner with a friend though.’’

 

‘’I’ll let manager oppa know.’’ Taeyeon smiled in content.

 

 

‘’Hello? Taeyeon ah? Thursday night? No, I remember you girls only have a few interviews during the day. What’s wrong, you girls want to go out? Ah, Seohyun? Sure sure, that’s fine. Alright then, see you girls tomorrow.’’ SNSD’s manager ended the call and put his phone away.

 

‘’What’s wrong? The girls want to head out?’’ TVXQ’s manager asked, whilst sipping on his coffee.

 

‘’Oh, yeah. Taeyeon said someone asked Seohyun for dinner on Thursday night and she was just confirming whether they had schedules.’’

 

‘’Thursday night? That’s Valentine’s Day isn’t it?’’ The managers turned around, searching for the voice and their eyes landed on Changmin.

 

‘’Oh Changmin ah, you’re here. Yeah, valentine’s day I think. Why? Do you want to go out that night too?’’ The managers chuckled. Changmin forced a smile and shook his head. ‘’I was just asking. I’ll head off to find Yunho hyung first.’’ His manager waved him off, and resumed his conversation with the other manager.

 

Dinner with Seohyun on Valentine’s Day? Who could it be? Changmin furrowed his brows as he slowly walked to find his hyung.

 

 

‘’Ah, Seohyun! It’s such a surprise that you’ve called. Did you get my gift?’’ Yonghwa talked rapidly in excitement on the other end of the phone.

 

This guy, seriously. Slow down! Seohyun cleared . ‘’Neh, I did. Thank you, oppa. I’ll see you Thursday then.’’

 

‘’That’s great! Oh I’m so glad you’ve accepted me. I’ll pick you up then. Sorry but I must get ready for a recording; I’ll talk to you soon!’’

 

‘’Sure, see you.’’ Seohyun responded plainly and placed her phone on the kitchen table.

 

‘’Thinking about Changmin oppa?’’ Seohyun turned around and saw Yuri making a cup of coffee. ‘’Do you want one too?’’ she gestured a cup to Seohyun. The maknae shook her head and walked towards the elder member.

 

Seohyun sighed. ‘’Unnie, is this right? Yonghwa oppa makes it seem like just because I accepted the dinner invitation, I’m accepting him as well. But it’s not like that…’’ she pouted.

 

Yuri smiled. ‘’Maybe to him, it means that you’re finally giving him a chance. And to be honest Seohyun ah, you can give him a chance, can’t you? If it doesn’t work out with Changmin oppa, at least don’t restrict yourself to find love and happiness from other people. We don’t want to see you upset, and I’m sure Changmin oppa doesn’t want to either.’’ She paused to think for a moment. ‘’Even though we know that he’s the one that’s made you upset…which is rather ironic.’’

 

Silence filled the room for a few minutes. ‘’I actually feel really guilty.’’

 

Yuri looked up from her coffee. ‘’For what? Because you think you’re leading Yonghwa on?’’

 

‘’No. I mean, I will definitely let Yonghwa oppa know if he has any wrong thoughts. But…’’ she fiddled with her fingers.

 

Yuri walked over her side and hugged her. ‘’It’s alright, it’s fine.’’

 

‘’I feel guilty for giving Changmin oppa the cold treatment. I can’t believe I yelled at him like that.’’

 

‘’Sometimes we all do things that are uncontrollable. If the both of you could control your feelings, the two of you wouldn’t be suffering right now, yeah? It’s not your fault. ‘’

 

‘’I was surprised myself for acting like that in front of him. He must have been so shocked.’’ Seohyun sighed.

 

‘’You’re upset. And that’s totally acceptable.’’

 

Yuri caressed the younger’s hair and sighed. ‘’But just remember that he’s probably hurting too, and I hope you will try to think for him as well and not blame everything on him. He’s probably burdened because he’s afraid that your parents will find out and blame it on him since he is the older one and the man.’’

 

‘’Yeah, our parents kept calling me. But I only answered once after ten calls because I was scared I would break down if they ask me about him. Hmmm, this is so pathetic.’’

 

Yuri shook her head. ‘’No, it’s not. Don’t think that it is. Love is hard to control, and no one can blame you for it.’’

 

‘’Neh, thanks unnie.’’ She looked up and sniffed the air. ‘’The coffee actually smells great.’’

 

Yuri chuckled. ‘’It’s hard to resist! I’ll make you one then.’’ The girls exchanged smiles as Yuri walked over to the coffee machine. ‘’It’ll be okay.’’

 

Seohyun put her head on the table and sighed. I hope so.