Chapter Five

The Hidden Love

Haerin’s

 
-Flashback-
 
It was the first day of spring, leaves fell and fluttered like snowflakes, birds chirping and crickets singing like a mini parade. It should be a day where every citizens in town to be blissful, but, there was a two year old girl, who sat at the corner of her doorstep, all alone, weeping, in the cold, windy morning.
 
Suddenly, there was a hand opened up to her as he positioned himself at her height level, using his huge thumbs to wipe off her tears which stained on her sweet, adorable and appealing features, lightly.
 
‘Haerin-ah…’
 
‘Neh, appa.’ that girl said as she quickly used both of her small hands to wipe away her tears and looked up at her beloved dad who slowly carried her and placed her onto his lap lightly.
 
That little girl was trying hard to stay still as she secretly pinched herself hardly, forcing herself not to burst into tears in front of her dad.
 
'Rin is a big girl! Rin will not cry in front of appa!'
 
'Rin is tough!'
 
'Don't cry, at least not now.. jebal..' she pleaded herself as she tried to wipe away the stained on her face.
 
‘Ahh~ Appa’s baby girl…’ her dad sighed as he gently his precious daughter’s hair while he looked deeply into her eyes.
 
‘Neh…’ little Haerin sniffed a little while she played with her tiny fingers.
 
‘Why are you crying? Did those kids just bully you?’ the father of little Haerin’s asked as he felt his heart just broke into several million of pieces whenever he see droplet of tears start to slide down one by one from his precious daughter’s eyelids, down towards her cheeks.
 
‘Ani, appa…’ little Haerin whispered as she looked down while she shoke her small head lightly, trying to hide her swollen eyes away from her dad.
 
‘I accidentally tripped when I’m on my way home from the playground…’ she continued as she spoke softly while rubbing her injured knee with her eyes flickered a little due to the pain.
 
‘Did they push you again? Haerin-ah, tell appa.’ little Haerin’s father said.
 
‘Ani… ani…’ she quickly denied as tears started to dwell up in her swollen eyes.
 
'Not now.. Rin-ah, jebal..' she soothed herself as she bit her lips lightly, trying hard to surpress her tears from falling once again.
 
‘Rin-ah, do not frown or shed tears, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile, the kind heart and pretty face of yours. Listen to appa, arasso?’ her father said as he continued little Haerin’s long hair.
 
‘Neh, Appa…’ little Haerin beamed lightly while her father placed her down as he stood up and volunteered to give her a piggyback ride back home to apply some ointment on her injured wound.
 
-End of flashback-
 
‘Appa…’ I murmured as tears started to dwell up around my eyelids, threatening to fall while I bit my lips lightly, surpressing the tears from falling.
 
'You are not a kid anymore.. Stop crying.. Arasso?'
 
‘I miss you already…’ I sighed as I looked down at the students who walked back and forth from their respective classroom to the cafeteria from the rooftop.
 
I was busy in my thoughts and I did not noticed Junhyung who crept behind me all of a sudden.
 
‘I wonder who you are missing right now…’ Junhyung suddenly appeared next to me from nowhere which caused me to stumble backwards a little.
 
'Ahh!! Omo, when, how and why is he here?' I thought as I placed my hand on my stomach unknowingly while looking at him weirdly due to the shock.
 
‘Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.’ he said while looking at me as I was still taken aback from his sudden appearance.
 
‘Ani-aniyo. You just scare the living daylight out of me.’ I said as I placed my hand on my panting chest.
 
‘So, you were saying?’ I looked back at Junhyung who retrieved his earplugs from his pockets and was busy plugging his earplugs into his phone.
 
‘Ah~ That… Forget about it.’ he smirked as he sat at the corner, with his back laid on the wall.
 
‘Alright…’ I pouted as I looked at his direction. Junhyung just sat there, with his eyes closed as he did his weird head shake while listening to the music. I remain unmoved as I continued staring at him, quietly.
 
‘Alright, this is awkward for the both of us…’' I sighed as I started to approach the door handle.
 
‘Where are you going?’ Junhyung suddenly broke the silence as he took out one of his ear plug and gazed me intently with one his eyes opened.
 
I stunned as I stood right in front of the door, while facing my back at him.
 
‘Erm… head-ding b-back to c-class?’ I stuttered and quickly turned towards him. Both of my eyes went wide when I realized he stood up all of a sudden and he was walking towards me with his smirk plastered all over his face.
 
‘Heading back to class? This early?’ he smirked as he scooted right in front of me. He removed his hand from his school trousers pocket as he gently my hair and twirled it with his finger playfully.
 
‘Ani… I think it w-will b-be better if I head back to clas-ss right now since I-I don’t r-really want to disturb y-you…’ I looked down as I stared at my shoes that caught my sudden interest.
 
‘Okay… What’s going on? Why am I nervous?’
 
‘Aigoo…’
 
‘What should I do?’
 
‘Ah~ Why are you stammering? Are you afraid of me?’ he smirked as he whispered closely, right next to my ear.
 
‘Huh? N-n-no… I’m not…’ I whispered and I felt my cheeks started to heat up when I realized how closed the distance between the both of us.
 
‘Aiish… Why is he standing so close to me? What should I do…’
 
Somehow, I really have to secretly admitted that his scent was great and I felt safe and protected all of a sudden, but when he stood so closed to me, I could hardly breathe, it was suffocating. I think I might explode or melt due to the heat which surrounding the both of us. 
 
‘I’m not blushing, aren’t I?’ I hesitated a little while I looked straight towards his eyes.
 
‘Aigoo… Why is it so hot in here…’ I silently cursed.
 
I could felt his breath lingered over me as his face was just an inch away from mine. I gulped down another nervous mouthful of my own saliva as I looked at his features.
 
‘He really is good looking…’
 
‘Omo, seriously? What am I thinking?’
 
'D-do y-yo-you n-need to be t-thi-s c-close t-to m-me?' I said softly as I glanced at him while tightening my grips onto my school uniform.
 
'Sorry.' he smirked as he backed away a little.
 
I sighed in relieve.
 
‘I’m just kidding.’ he chuckle a little as he smirked while he still looking straight at my eyes.
 
‘Yah! It’s not funny…’ I pouted, hiding my blushing face as I hit his arms lightly, which surprised him at my sudden gesture.
 
He looked at me, studying my features without saying a word.
 
‘Junhyung-shi?’ I waved at him.
 
'N-neh?' he stuttered and that caught me off guard. Who knew the almighty Joker would actually stammered all of a sudden?
 
'Cute..' I beamed at my thoughts.
 
‘What are you looking at? Is there anything on my face?’ I smiled as I touched my face.
 
‘Huh? Ah… nothing.’ he quickly said.
 
‘Haerin-shi, why don’t we head back to class?’ he continued as he approached the door handle, allowing me to go ahead before him.
 
‘Junhyung-shi, I think you should head back to class all by yourself, since I don’t want to get beaten up by your fan girls who are currently drooling all over you. I really can't imagine what they will do when they spot the both of us heading back to class together later on my first day of school. I'm still new here, currently not wishing to gain enemies this soon~’ I chuckled as I gestured him to head back to class before me.
 
‘Alright then…’ he smirked as he looked back at me.
 
‘Ah… Junhyung-shi!’ I yelled at him.
 
‘Neh?’ he paused while walking down the staircase, looking back at me.
 
He tilted his head cooly to the side while waiting for me to continue.
 
‘I still owe you an apology this morning, when I bumped you in the hallway and… thanks for helping me… the belongings… I-I m-mean m-my belongings.’ I smiled at him.
 
‘Ah~ That… You’re welcome.’ Junhyung smiled as he headed down, back to the classroom.
 
Junhyung’s
 
‘Where is she?’ I ruffled my hair ruthlessly as I stood in the middle of the hallway, searching for her, like a lost kid.
 
I frowned as I looked around, but there was no sight of her.
 
‘Aiish, where did she went to? What if something bad happen to her?’ I started to panic as I walked back and forth along the hallway.
 
I don’t know what I’m feeling and thinking right now. I’m confused, really confused because I did not felt anything like this before. Worry, anxious and feeling concern towards a girl’s whereabouts and her current situation, it doesn’t looks or sounds like me. I don’t feel like myself, at all.
 
I’m totally clueless towards the feeling when I first met her. I'm a beginner or you can say fresh meat when it comes to love. Yes, I must admit, most of you might think I'm a playboy who fools every girls' heart since I can get any girl I want, but, seriously, I don't and I won't. I feel like a -head or a jerk if I toy around girls' feeling and I'm not planning to do so in the future, I can assure you.
 
Anyway, back to the starting poing, I meant her eyes, her lips, her smile, her appearance is what I could think of when I was in class earlier ago. For some sort of reason, I really have no idea why am I jealous when she blushed during her conversation with Gikwang, and when Yoseob interlaced his arm to hers.
 
Jealousy, anger, worry, anxious, fearful, concern…
 
‘What is getting into me?’ I groaned as I headed to my secret and favourite place, which is the rooftop.
 
‘Aiish, I need to rest my mind for awhile. What’s with all these strange thoughts and weird feeling?’
 
‘But… what if something really happen to her? After all, today is her first day of school. Who knows she might get lost during her little adventure while wandering around the school compound. For your information, this school is not small. Aiish, I should follow her right after she left.’ I silently blamed myself for being so careless. 
 
I lightly pushed the door handle which leads to the rooftop and sneakily slided in. I sighed as I rubbed my temple lightly, trying to ease the tension while I took a deep breath and did a little stretching, here and there.
 
‘I miss you already…’ an unknown voice sighed.
 
‘This voice… it sounds familiar…’ I was stunned as I quickly searched for the unknown voice’s whereabouts.
 
And there she was, standing at the corner of the rooftop, with her hand placing on the edge of the wall, looking extremely depressed.
 
‘Who is she missing?’ I frowned as I sneaked behind her.
 
‘I wonder who you are missing right now…’ I said as I appeared next to Haerin which somehow frighten her little that caused her to stumble backwards. 
 
‘Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.’ I said while looking at her as she stood there dumbfounded. 
 
‘She looks like she just met a ghost.’ I silently chuckled.
 
‘Ani-aniyo. You just scare the living daylight out of me.’ she said as she placed her hand on her panting chest.
 
‘So, you were saying?’ she looked back at me while I was plugging my earplugs into my phone.
 
‘Who you are missing right now…’ I ignored her question as I scrolled down my phone’s music list.  
 
‘Ah~ That… Forget about it.’ I smirked as I sat at the corner, with my back laid on the wall.
 
‘Alright…’ Haerin said. 
 
I shut both of my eyes as I enjoyed listening to the music. My eyes flickered as I felt her moving away. When I looked up at her, she was then approaching towards the door. 
 
‘Where are you going?’ I suddenly broke the silence as I took out one of my ear plug.
 
‘Erm… head-ding b-back to c-class?’ she stuttered as I draw nearer to her.
 
As I walked towards her, something instantly clicked into my mind. I smirked as I draw closer to her as I felt her walking backwards, I pinned her on the door, not allowing her to escape.
 
‘Heading back to class? This early?’ I smirked when I stood in front of her as I placed my hand on her hair while gently it as I twirled her hair with my fingers.
 
‘Ani… I think it w-will b-be better if I head back to clas-ss right now since I-I don’t r-really want to disturb y-you…’ she looked down, staring at her shoes.
 
‘Ha, this is fun. It won’t hurt for tricking her, right?’
 
‘Ah~ Why are you stammering? Are you afraid of me?’ I smirked as I stood closer to her and whispered, next to her ear, which caused her to shiver a little.
 
‘Huh? N-n-no… I’m not…’ she murmured and a tint of pink started to appear on her cheeks. I chuckled as I looked at the cute side of hers.
 
‘So, she is blushing because of me, eh?’ I smiled as I imagined myself pumping my fist to the air.
 
I felt her hesitated a little as she looked straight towards my eyes.
 
I eyed at her pink and plump lips that looked like a strawberry candy that could lure anyone or everyone towards it.
 
‘If I have the guts to do so, I would kiss her right now. Her lips seems welcoming.’ I gulped as I continued gazing at her lips.
 
As I was busy admiring her pretty features, especially her lips that seems very luring, I spotted her gripping onto her school uniform tightly.
 
'D-do y-yo-you n-need to be t-thi-s c-close t-to m-me?' she said softly as she glanced at me while bitting her lips.
 
‘I think I better stop, she might freak out.’ I put my hands down as I took a step back and looked down at her.
 
'Sorry.'
 
‘I’m just kidding.’ I chuckle a little as I backed away.
 
‘Yah! It’s not funny…’ Haerin pouted, hiding her blushing face with one of her hand caressing her cheeks as she hit my arms lightly with the other, which actually surprised me.
 
I stood there, astonished as I studied her features and cute expression.
 
‘Junhyung-shi?’ she suddenly waved at me which pulled me out from my dream.
 
'N-neh?' I stuttered.
 
'What the heck? Did you just stammer right in front of her. Oh God.. Best joke of the day..'
 
‘What are you looking at? Is there anything on my face?’ she smiled as she touched her face.
 
‘You…’
 
‘Huh? Ah… nothing.’ I quickly said as I spun around, trying to hide my blush face away from her.
 
‘Haerin-shi, why don’t we head back to class?’ I continued as I approached towards the door handle, allowing her to go ahead before me.

 

‘Junhyung-shi, I think you should head back to class all by yourself, since I don’t want to get beaten up by your fan girls who are currently drooling all over you. I really can't imagine what they will do when they spot the both of us heading back to class together later on my first day of school. I'm still new here, currently not wishing to gain enemies this soon~’ she chuckled as she gestured me to head back to class before her.
 
I frowned.
 
‘Alright then…’ I smirked at her to cover up my disappointment as I stared at her
 
As I headed down, she yelled all of the sudden.
 
‘Ah… Junhyung-shi!’ 
 
‘Neh?’ I paused as I stared at her.
 
‘I still owe you an apology this morning, when I bumped into you in the hallway and… thanks for helping me… the belongings… I-I m-mean m-my belongings.’ she gave me a smile and somehow, I have to secretly admit that my heart flatters whenever she smile.
 
‘Ah~ That… You’re welcome.’ I smile back at her as I headed down, back to the classroom.
 
No One’s
 
‘Hyung! Where have you been? I thought you told me you went to the cafeteria?' Yoseob pouted as Junhyung entered the classroom, heading to his seat.
 
'I went to the rooftop for a little while, consuming 'air'..' Junhyung said sarcastically as he looked at the furious Yoseob.
 
'Yah! I went around the school, including the cafeteria to search for you! You meanie!' he pouted as he dropped onto his seat, like a child throwing a tantrum. The charm of a visual maknae.
 
Junhyung scoffed as he rolled his eyes.
 
'Hyung, have you seen Haerin?' Gikwang asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, searching for the sight of Haerin.
 
'Maybe she is on the way back to class...' Junhyung snapped.
 
'But...' Gikwang then replied but was cut off by Yoseob.
 
'There she is! Haerin-ah!' Yoseob crazily did an arm waving in the air to grab Haerin's attention while Junhyung at the other hand, peered over her direction.
 
'Annyeong~' Haerin beamed as she sat on top of the table with her legs crossed.
 
'Where have you been?' Gikwang asked, curiously.
 
'Strolling around the school... and the rooftop...' she blushed a little when she mentioned the rooftop, and that, made Junhyung smirked with the thought of it.
 
'Rooftop? But... I thought hyung just said he was there...' Gikwang then looked at Junhyung who was still wandering in his thoughts.
 
'Ahh... what I meant was... I w-was planning to h-head to the rooftop, b-but the school bell suddenly rang. So, I just head back to the classroom, which is here.' she stammered as she fumbling her fingers nervously. 
 
'Yea, that's it. I was planning to head to the rooftop, but sadly, class is going to start.' Haerin said as she snapped her fingers.
 
'Alright... Since you said so...' Gikwang muttered as he took a glance at Junhyung who was still looking at Haerin.
 
'Haerin-ah!!' Yoseob then yelled as he jumped towards Haerin.
 
'Neh, Yoseob-shi?' she smiled as Yoseob approached towards her.
 
'Ani~ You can call me Yoseob-bie, like the others, but, I will be happier if you call me Oppa! Plus, you don't need to be that former around us. We are friends~' Yoseob beamed.
 
'Can I really call you o-oppa?' she stammered as she blushed.
 
'Neh!' Yoseob playfully ruffled her hair which caused Haerin to pout lightly as she immediately tidied her hair.
 
'O-oppa.' she said shyly which caused the girls in the class to glare at her because currently, she is the only female student or maybe the first female student who is allow to call Yoseob as Oppa.
 
'Aigoo, you are so cute!' Yoseob smiled gleefully as he pinched her cheeks.
 
Junhyung's
 
'She just called Yoseob-bie Oppa?'
 
'How I wish she could call me that too...' I frowned as I looked at Haerin smiling shyly at Yoseob as he pinched her cheeks.
 
'I'm not falling for her, aren't I?' I thought as I placed my hand at the corner left of my upper body, felt the pounds of my heart.
 
'I'm not falling in love with a girl on her first day of school.. Plus, I don't know her well too..'
 
'I'm not falling in love..'
 
'I'm not..'
 
'I'm--'
 
'Forget it..' I thought as I sanked back into my seat while drifted to dreamland in a short while.
 
----------

Comments and subscribers are love? :)

Hello :)

My exam just ended this evening..

Chapter five for today.

I'm sorry if this chapter is boring for you..

Anyway, have any of you guys, girls already heard Yoseob new solo, Caffeine?

If you haven't, please search for the mp3 from youtube :)

You won't regret it since this album is Producer Yong and Seobbie's hardwork :D

Haha, it is so good but another heartbreak song..

 

 

Please visit Choco's Authored Stories for more updates, thank you :)

And please subscribe. Thanks :)

Last updated : 27th November 2012