Episode 05

The Arrogant Couple

EPISODE 05

Jessica’s POV

I was getting fed up by Heechul’s childish character so I headed back into the car even though the shooting wasn’t over yet. I just can’t imagine myself tolerating a ‘husband’ like him for God knows how long.

I was thinking hard on whether I should just call this ‘marriage’ off or not. Since official news hasn’t been released yet, I still have a chance to back out.

I sat in the car silently. The driver was sleeping with his body sunken into his seat and his trucker cap covering his face, so I couldn’t ask him to drive off.

*Knock* *Knock*

Suddenly there were knocks on the door. It gave me quite a fright but luckily the window is tinted so the person outside couldn’t see what’s happening inside. However, from inside, I could see the outside world perfectly. It was none other than that arrogant boy. Now what does he want from me?

Before he opened the door, I quickly locked it so that he couldn’t enter. He knocked a couple of times again but I still refused to open the door for him. Then he tried peeping through the tinted window by forming his hands like a pair of binoculars.

*Knock* *Knock*

He knocked again and made a begging gesture with his hands to accompany his pouty face. I rolled my eyes at the sight of it. Regardless of how pathetically cute it might look, I’m not gonna fall for it.

Suddenly, he left.

‘Good, at least now I can concentrate on my decision-making,’ I scoffed to myself. After a while, I still couldn’t make up my mind and I didn’t even know why I couldn’t. A part of me wants to give him a chance but a part of me wants to forget about him and this stupid show.

*Knock* *Knock*

Suddenly there were knocks again, which like previously, got me startled. I looked out the window and there was that arrogant boy again. However, this time he had changed into a white T-Shirt with a cartoon frog printed on it. Again, he tried to peep through the window with his hand-formed binoculars.

Then he placed his hands down and started to use his breath against the window to make some mist. He used his finger to write something out but the mist kept fading away so he was trying his best to write while breathing against the window simultaneously.

I chuckled at how stupid he looked but suddenly the words that he wrote started to make sense to me.

‘Mianhe’

*fades*

*makes even more mist*

‘Saranghamida.’

He wrote it really big so the mist was blocking his face from my view. I felt a little touched seeing what he had written and it got me a little teary-eyed for no apparent reason. Suddenly the mist faded out and I found myself staring at his face. He stood still with a big smile, as if waiting for me to open the door for him.

Heechul’s POV

I had no idea whether Jessica had seen all of that or not since the windows are tinted. All I could see was my reflection on the black shiny window. Even when I cup my hands against it, I still couldn’t see anything in the car.

Suddenly the door unlocked, that’s when I knew Jessica must’ve seen it all. I slowly entered the car to sit next to her but she still seemed to be a bit annoyed.

“Hey..” I greeted her but she ignored me.

“Sica.. I know that I was wrong to have been so childish previously.. And I’d like to apologise..” I said slowly to see her reaction but her face was still turned away from me. Her arms were crossed and her body was stiff like a doll.

I felt disheartened that she didn’t answer to me, so I decided to carry on with an apologetic bow.

“Seriously. How old are you?” She suddenly spoke up with an icy tone. I wasn’t sure if she meant it in the ‘tell me your real age’ way or the ‘will you act your age’ way.

“I was born in 1989, so.. we’re friends,” I smiled at her even though she wasn’t facing me. She kept silent so I decided to look away too. Both of us sat in the car quietly, and then suddenly she poked me on my waist playfully.

“You tricked me! You made me call you ‘oppa’!” She was laughing and poking me continuously. It’s the first time she was smiling and laughing around me so I was really happy.

I giggled as I hugged my waist to protect it from her pointy nails. Even so, I was really enjoying it.

“So we’re the same age, huh?” She stopped and then smiled at me with a hint of shyness in her eyes.

“Yeah, so I thought that we should be more comfortable with each other this way,” I smiled back at her.

“Hmm, what are we gonna do about the mission?” She suddenly asked, it made me happy knowing that she hadn’t forgotten about it, which also meant that she is giving me another chance.

“Show affection towards each other.. We have to be natural~” I chuckled as I lied down with my head resting on her thighs and looking up at her face.

“Get off of me!” She pushed me and I resumed to my original sitting position.

“Too soon?” I snickered, “Hmm, what about.. you wear this.”

I took out a similar shirt to the one I was wearing except that the frog was a cow instead. I was expecting her to be excited like me but instead, she was giving me a weird expression.

“Why the face..? You don’t like cows?” I pouted and closed the shirt from her view.

“Jung Heechul, you’re a really funny kid,” She giggled as she took the shirt from me. What’s so funny about this?

Suddenly she lifted a little bit of the shirt she was wearing, as if she was gonna change - right here - in the car - in front of me!

“W-what are you doing?” I blushed as she looked at me with a grin on her face.

---


Jessica’s POV

“W-what are you doing?” From his voice, I could tell that I was getting him nervous.

“Changing in front of my husband, aren’t we supposed to be natural?~” I . Who says he’s the only one who can tease me? I can do just the same to him.

“Erm, I think I’ll go out and guard the door, I don’t want to get a nosebleed. ..Ah, forget that I said the last part,” He scrunched his face as he said that. Then he quickly went out of the car.

‘Haha, he’s really cute..’ I thought to myself as I changed in the car.

---


Place: At a park

Time: 18:48PM

Jessica’s POV

After I had changed into the shirt, we went to have a walk in the park. Luckily there weren’t many people here since the sky is already dark.

That’s a good thing since I don’t want people to see us wearing a frog and a cow shirt. Oh well, the whole Korea is gonna be able to watch it when the episode airs anyways.

“Let’s play gawi-bawi-bo,” Heechul suggested as we reached a stairway. The winner would keep moving up a step while the loser stays at his spot. So who reaches the top of the stairway first would win.

“Okay, if I win then you’d have to give me a piggyback ride,” I smiled as I told him that.

“Ooh, okay then can I just say that I lose? Hehe,” He joked, making me glare at him.

“Okay, okay. If I win, then you have to give me a kiss,” He walked closer to me and pointed at his lips, “right over here.”

“The only way that’s gonna happen is in your dreams,” I as I poked his cheek.

“I dream about it every night~ Now hopefully, my dream would come true,” He smiled cheekily. Sometimes I can’t even tell if he’s joking or not, he acts like my fanboy but maybe he just wants to play with me.

“What about if you win, then I’ll hold hands with you,” I suggested and he agreed. The PD seemed pleased that they didn’t need to interfere with some scripted scenes since Heechul and I were interacting well together.

---


Heechul’s POV

It was a win-win situation for me, as long as I could get some skinship with Jessica then I’m happy. In the end, I won the game and we held hands for the first time. Our fingers were interlocked with one another’s and I was afraid that my palm would get sweaty.

After a walk in the park, we got to know each other more. Then the car came and drove us back to our apartment. In the car, we still held hands tightly.

“Aren’t you gonna let go? The cameras aren’t rolling for now,” Jessica asked me as she tried freeing her hand from my grip.

“I won, didn’t I? So I get to hold your hand until we reach home,” I chuckled. It was so awkward knowing that the cameras weren’t around but we were still holding hands. We didn’t even talk in the car, we just kept silent and looked away from each other.

---


Place: Heechul & Jessica’s WGM Apartment

Time: 20:12

Jessica’s POV

While Heechul was washing up, I did my confession time with the camera. I guess he had done his when I was washing up earlier on.

After I was done, I went to the living room, where Heechul was waiting for me. He looked a little down and was staring blankly onto the floor.

“Hey,” I greeted him as I sat next to him.

“The PD told me that our next shooting would be in a month’s time,” He sulked. I guess he didn’t know that SNSD would be busy for our debut in Japan and also SM Town Live.

“Yeah.. SNSD is gonna be really busy this month, I hope you understand,” I sighed.

“I do, but I’m gonna miss you a lot..” He ended his sentence with an innocent tone. It made my heart heavy, it’s not like I can cancel all my schedules for him.

“We can keep in contact, right?” I asked as I took out my handphone to ask for his number.

“I don’t have a phone.. Sorry,” He lowered his head. Then he mumbled something really softly, “I really like you.”

“What did you say?” My mouth involuntarily asked him. I wasn’t sure if I had heard the right words coming from him.

“Nothing. Let’s go to bed,” He stood up and pulled me into the room.

---


Heechul’s POV

“Are we really gonna sleep together? I mean, on the same bed?” Jessica asked me questioningly.

“Yeah,” I wanted to see if she would object or not and to my surprise, she didn’t. Maybe she’s too tired to argue with me or.. maybe she’s starting to like me too. Hehe.

The camera crew didn’t enter the room, they only left the CCTV cameras on. After closing the lights, I lied down next to Jessica and stared at her face. Her skin was as smooth as porcelain and her hair was so silky like those in hair product advertisements.

Suddenly she opened her eyes a little.

“Aren’t you gonna sleep? Why do you keep staring at me?” She asked softly.

“I won’t be seeing you for a long while after you leave tomorrow, so I’m not gonna close my eyes tonight,” I answered her with an affectionate tone.

“Haha, then have fun sleeping with your eyes open,” She giggled and went back to sleep.

---


Time: 07:56AM

Heechul’s POV

Even though I didn’t want to sleep yesterday night, I guess I was too tired and had fallen asleep somehow. When I woke up, Jessica was already out of bed. I panicked for a second there, thinking that she had left without me seeing her for the last time.

Thus, I quickly washed my face and changed into something more presentable before looking for her. I went into the kitchen as I saw the camera crew crowding around there.

“Hey sleepyhead, I thought you said you weren’t gonna close your eyes last night?” Jessica acknowledged my presence. She had already changed her clothes and was making sandwiches for breakfast.

“Jessica.. you’re still here!!” I wanted to hug her because I was overjoyed but I refrained myself from doing so.

“Yeah, I’m still here..” She gave me a weird expression before continuing, “but I’m leaving soon, my driver will be here any time.”

“Aww.. Then before you go, promise me that you’ll think of me each and every day until we meet again,” I took out my pinky to interlock with hers.

“Haha, okay. I’ll think of you when I’m having my break, but you also have to promise me that you won’t flirt with other girl groups, okay?” She interlocked my pinky with mine.

“Haha, they’re the ones who flirt with me. I can’t help it that they find me absolutely irresistable~” I laughed.

“Seriously, Heechul?” She placed her hands on her waist.

“Just know that I’ll be thinking of you every day and dreaming of that kiss you’ll give me some day,” I chuckled, trying to give her a hint that I wanted a kiss from her before she leaves.

Suddenly her handphone rang and it was her driver. I escorted her to the sidewalk while carrying her bag. I had thought of hiding it so that she couldn’t find it and would be forced to stay even longer to find it. But I didn’t, since it would only make her hate me even more.

“Oh, before I leave, the girls want me to take a selca with you,” She paused before going into the car and took out her phone.

“Thank you girls!” I shouted to nowhere as I was so happy. After she had taken the picture, she waved at me and left in her car. I was really sad as maybe the next time we meet, she would’ve forgotten what we had done and would treat me coldly again.

---

Place: ZE:A’s dorm

Time: 11:10AM

When I reached back at ZE:A’s dorm, I still hadn’t forgotten about the dirty prank they had pulled on me. Whoever it was, I’m sure it wasn’t Taeheon. He would never do such a thing to me, but just in case, I questioned him about it anyways.

He insisted that it wasn’t his doing and since I know him well, he’s definitely not lying. Suddenly I could hear giggles coming from behind me. I turned and saw three heads popping out from the corner of the door but they quickly retreated as soon as I turned my head.

Of course, such a childish prank would be pulled off none other by the mischievous maknae trio.

“MINWOO-AH! HYUNGSIK-AH! DONGJUN-AH!” I shouted as I ran after them but they quickly locked themselves up in a room.

“When I open this door, I’m gonna skin all of you kids alive!” I shouted angrily as I could hear them laughing their asses off inside.

“You should be thanking us!! So did you get any action?” Minwoo was laughing the loudest from inside, his laughter was so annoying. Now I know how Squidward feels when he hears SpongeBob laughing.