Episode 08

The Arrogant Couple

`Author's Note
The text in PURPLE are my fan account written in Heechul's POV. Of course this probably isn't what he thinks, I'm just guessing. If you don't want to read it, then it's fine as it doesn't affect the fanfic at all. Skip the purple parts if you don't have the time to read or just don't want to read.

EPISODE 08

Place: ZE:A's Practice Room

Time: 02:32AM

Heechul’s POV

“Guys, please. You don’t have to go all ‘brother-brother’ on me-” Before I could continue on what I wanted to say, Siwan interrupted me.

“Oh so you’re saying that you’ve already chosen her instead of us? Pfft, what happened to ‘bros before hoes’?” He scoffed and folded his arms. I got really mad when he said that so I immediately charged at him.

“Break it up, guys!!” Junyoung pulled Siwan while Kevin pulled me.

“Well he started it!” Siwan immediately shouted at me. I wanted to shout back at him but instead, I simply kept calm.

“Haha, you know what? That’s funny. Bros before hoes, huh? Yeah that would’ve made some sense to me,” I laughed as I forcefully made Kevin let go of me and then went close to Siwan’s face, “Only that Jessica isn’t a hoe.”

That kind of left him everyone speechless. I took my bag and as I was about to leave the practice room, he opened his mouth again.

“Well everyone else on the net thinks otherwise,” He scoffed.

“Rumors. You wouldn’t know unless you know her yourself,” I glared at him.

“And you do?” He grinned. Siwan, he always has to have the last word. I ignored him and left before this turns into something ugly.

--- A few days later ---

Place: Conrad Hotel in Singapore

Time: 00:12AM

We’ve just reached Singapore, our third destination for our Asian Tour. Even though the other members and I were okay with each other already since the other night, I still had a hard time figuring out who I should share a room with. Siwan was definitely out of the question, even the other members didn’t want to share a room with him. Instead, Yongil hyung did.

“Yo, it’s your turn to bathe. Take your time too,” I told Taeheon as I came out of the bathroom. I lied on my bed as my body was a little aching. Sitting down in an airplane for six hours is really exhausting.

I couldn’t fall asleep yet so I stoned for a while without thinking of anything. Just then I remembered a fanletter I had received by some girl at the airport just now. She was really crazy; screaming and waving her hands to get my attention. Well lucky her, she did get my attention.

I slowly opened the envelope, it was really pretty so I didn’t want to tear it completely. There were a few things in it, a folded letter, a bear-shaped note and a couple of laminated pictures of Jessica!!

I found myself smiling at the pictures even before I read the letter. I was really touched, I didn’t know we had supporters all the way here. Then I looked at the letters but sadly, they were in English and I had no idea what she wrote. The only words that I could catch and understand was ‘y’, ‘Heechul oppa’, ‘Jessica’, ‘SicaChul’ and ‘Hwaiting’.

At least the bear-shaped note was quite understandable. She was using the acronyms of my name to state the different qualities I have.

H – Hot

E – Exotic

E – Enigmatic

C – Charismatic

H – Handsome

U – Unique

L – Loveable

‘Maybe I’ll thank this girl if I see her again. Well that is, if I remember her face,’ I thought to myself as I kept the letter and the pictures safely in my bag before I went to sleep. I had to make sure that I would never lose them and the other members will never see them.

--- The Next Day ---

Place: Singapore Press Conference Room

Time: 15:40PM

The day after we’ve arrived in Singapore, we were scheduled for a press conference. There were many local reporters and all the questions asked were in English. I could barely understand any of the questions, either Kevin or the translator would have to translate them in Korean first before any of us could answer.

I kept silent, letting the other members answer. Firstly, I’m just too lazy to answer them since Kwanghee hyung was being so enthusiastic about it. And secondly, I just couldn’t catch the question fast enough before someone else answers it.

“Which SNSD member does ZE:A want to be? Each person has to answer,” The interviewer asked us in English but I could understand that even without the translator’s help.

I was surprised when Junyoung picked Jessica. For a second there, I thought he secretly liked her or something. Turns out, he just wanted me to like him too. Heh.

When it was my turn, I quickly gave them a sharp reply in English, “No commenteu!”

I don’t want to have to start talking about Jessica, it’s just gonna be so embarrassing. I know the other members are probably thinking in their hearts, ‘Sigh, there he goes again with his Jessica~’

Suddenly Kevin hyung spoke something to the interviewer in English and in a count of 3, a few of the members said Jessica’s name out. Suddenly the question turned into some ideal type question instead of which member I wanted to be.

Nonetheless, I gave them a brief answer. The reporters weren’t really satisfied with it but they moved on to the next question anyways. Surprisingly, none of the questions asked were about me and Jessica in We Got Married.

^*Watch this part HERE.

--- The Next Day ---

Place: Showcase Venue

Time: 16:48PM

Finally it’s the last day of our tour in Singapore. To end it all off, we had a small handshake session for some of the fans. The fans seemed really excited to get on stage to shake our hands, it’s kinda weird knowing that they paid a sum just to touch our hands. It’s not like we’re anything that magnificent.

After a while of shaking hands, I recognized my fangirl from the airport. I’m positive that it is her, she’s even holding up the same fanboard with my name on it.

I got ready to thank her. When she stands in front of me and shakes my hand, I’ll give her some fanservice. I’m probably her favourite member so she’d definitely be psyched if I pretended as if I didn’t want to let go of her hand.

As expected, she was stunned as I held her hand tight when she was about to let go of my hand. Siwan hyung was laughing beside me, waiting for the girl to shake his hand next.

“Oppa, %$#^%$%#^$” She spoke to me but I had no idea what she was saying. Suddenly the security guard pulled our hands forcefully apart and pulled her off the stage before she could finish her handshakes with the other remaining members.

I was shock as I didn’t thought this would happen. I kinda feel bad for her but well, at least she gets to tell her friends about my fanservice to her.

--- A week later ---

Place: Gimpo International Airport

Time: 09:20AM

Heechul’s POV

Today’s the day Jessica and I meet again. SNSD’s still having their promotions in Japan but just for today, Jessica would be flying back to Korea to film this show with me. I really hope it’s not tiring her, I even told the PDs that it would be better if I could fly to Japan instead. Well, but that would mean that the whole production crew have to fly over too and that would be too costly for them. Sigh.

I waited at the arrival belt with a bouquet of yellow carnations in my arm. I kept smelling them to check if they still smelt good, everything has to be perfect for my ice princess.

I stood anxiously, just watching all the people exiting at the arrival belt, hoping to see a hint of Jessica amongst the crowd. When I saw her, my heart stopped beating; not for a second or two, but more like for a long moment.

“Jessica!! Jessica!!” I waved my hands in the air just in case she couldn’t see me. She was wearing big sunglasses and a beige trench coat but I could notice her beauty without a doubt.

I ran towards her and then slowed down as I reached in front of her, “Hi Jessica!”

“Ugh, sorry no pictures please. I have no time,” She talked to me without a care and then walked pass me. I laughed as I thought it was so cute of her to think that I’m some kind of fanboy or something.

“Jessica, it’s me. Heechullie,” I chuckled as I caught up with her.

“Hm? Heechullie? You don’t look like Kim Heechul to me,” She looked at me for a brief second and then continued walking to the carpark. I was stunned as she told me that. One month and she forgot who the hell I am?

“Kim Heechul? No, no. Jessica, it’s me, JUNG Heechul. I’m your husband in the variety show, WGM? Does that ring a bell?” I still kept the smile on my face just to let her know that I wasn’t offended by what she had said previously.

“Oh right. I forgot about that show, I thought I came back here because of another schedule,” She sighed with a hint of annoyance. That kinda hit me but I forced myself to shake it off my mind.

“Here, I got this for you,” I gave her the carnations, she simply looked at them with a disgusted face and then told one of the production crew members to take it away.

“Sorry, I didn’t know that you didn’t like them,” I lowered my head.

“Well now you know,” She said under her breath but I know it was meant for me to hear it. Then she continued walking to the carpark, knowing that I would automatically follow her too.

In the car, we sat in silence. I was still thinking of the reasons why Jessica is acting this way. During our previous meeting, she was so nice and fun but now she’s turning cold again.

‘Why must the ice freeze so quickly?’ I frowned to myself as I took a glance at Jessica.

We were on our way to the next shooting location which is at Lotte World. Seeing the other WGM couples go there for dates made me really envious. Now Jessica and I have our chance, but my vision is all ruined thanks to this mysterious block of ice stuck between me and her. Somehow, I can’t break it this time round; it’s even thicker and stronger than before.

I took a deep breath before attempting to break that block of ice, “Jessica, what happened during these past few weeks? And why are you acting so cold towards me?”

She kept silent, a way of telling me that she doesn’t want to say it.

“Aissh,” I folded my arms and looked out the window. I’ve been suffering all these while for nothing. Getting thrown at with crap and all those vandalism sh1t. Even my members hate me now.

“*Yawn* I’m so bored, let’s make the shooting a fast one. I just want to sleep,” She yawned and talked in the laziest tone I’ve heard. I opened my eyes wide and looked at her in disbelief.

“Hah, you just want to sleep? You know what? I want to sleep too. But you know what I’d rather do? I’d rather spend a day with the loveliest girl I know but too bad, I can’t have that either,” I didn’t mean to sound like as if I was on crack but I just couldn’t hold my feelings inside anymore.

“Oh right, was that in the script too? Along with the carnations and the excessive enthusiasm?” She scoffed and looked away.

“Wait what are you talking about?” I asked as I was a little confused.

“Yeah so now you’re gonna act as if there wasn’t any script, just so that you could trick me into liking you or something,” She blurted out.

“Bwo? You think that I’m following some script or something?”

“Yeah, I know you do! Or else why would you act as if you like me so much when you probably don’t,” She raised her voice, almost shouting at me.

“Because I do like you.. a lot,” I said softly and cowardly.

“Ugh. I don’t know whether I should believe you..” She sighed and relaxed her shoulders.

“Look, if there really was a script, would they put this inside?” I quickly moved my head closer towards her to kiss her lips.

“Get off me!” She pushed my chest away before our lips touched.

“Sorry, I was just trying to prove a point..” I said embarrassedly, thinking that my action was a little crazy there. It just happened too fast that I forgot to think before I act.

“No, I should be sorry… I thought the PD gave you a script to follow.. well since you’re still just a rookie. I hope we can forget whatever happened just now,” She smiled at me for the first time today; it made me melt inside.

“It’s okay. Well now you know I’m all natural yo,” I chuckled.

---

Place: Lotte World - Ice Rink

Time: 12:56PM

Jessica’s POV

It felt great knowing that Heechul wasn’t following a script after all, unlike what YoonA had mentioned. I felt bad for pretending to be cold towards him previously at the airport. He must’ve felt really bad.

“You two will be ice-skating together, put on your gloves and skating shoes now,” The PD unnie spoke to us before we began shooting. I’m pretty good in ice-skating but I’m not really sure of Heechul. He looks confident though. Maybe I could pretend as if I’m not good in ice-skating and then he would have to ‘teach’ me.

“Ah~ It’s so hard to stand,” I pretended to walk wobbly towards him. Immediately, he rushed towards me and held my hand protectively.

“Try and stand upright, it might help,” He smiled at me.

‘So he does know how to ice-skate, huh?’ I thought to myself as I smiled at him. As we went into the ice rink, many fans were taking fancams of us together.

“Slowly.. that’s it. Becareful, okay?” Heechul didn’t let go of my hand as we slowly skate around a small area.

“I’m scared.. Don’t let go of me okay?” I pleaded.

“I guess the ice princess isn’t very icy after all,” He joked but I didn’t laugh.

“Well, the arrogant boy seems to be more like the irritating boy to me now,” I joked too and he laughed.

“Wow, you even know my intro. I guess the ice princess did do her homework after all,” He sneakily patted my head twice.

Suddenly he let go of his hands and stood still in front of me. It got me a little startled so I accidentally lost my balance and because of my fear of falling in front of the public, I quickly grabbed him by the waist.

“Pabo! I told you not to let go of me!” I shouted at him. He simply smirked and hugged me tightly, “Okay, I won’t let go of you.”

“I mean my hand! Not my whole body!” I shouted at him again. He snickered as he let go of me and held my hand.

“What are you laughing about?” I asked coldly.

“We hugged in public, hehe,” He chuckled, that smirk on his face was still visible.

“Let’s go, I’m bored of skating,” I skated by myself to the exit.

“Oh, Sica. You can skate?” He asked.

“I am the ice princess right?” I smiled at him as he exited the rink too.

---

Place: Lotte World : Indoor

Time: 14:57PM

Heechul’s POV

“Sica, did you keep your promise?” I asked her as we walked to the restaurant from the ice rink. People were walking around us and taking fancams as we talked.

“Hmm? What promise?” She asked confusedly.

“You know.. The promise we made the other time?” I tried to remind her again.

“Oh right. Erm, I was really busy so..” She trailed off softly.

“It’s okay, I didn’t keep my promise either,” I sighed.

“Oh I see..” She looked a little disappointed as she walked.

“I didn’t keep my promise because.. instead of thinking of you every day, I thought of you every night as well. I thought of you every second even when ZE:A was packed with schedules. I even thought of you in my sleep,” I smiled warmly to her.

“That’s really sweet.. but creepy,” She chuckled.

“Oh, I’m not sick or anything like that~ I just really like you a lot,” I smiled at her.

“Thanks, I like you too,” She smiled back at me.

Yes, this is why I suffer every day.. I’m a lucky man. ^-^v