Episode 10

The Arrogant Couple


EPISODE 10


Jessica’s POV

“Omo, ottoke???” I asked Heechul as I panicked a little.

“I wonder who it is~” He looked at me with big wondering eyes and a grin.

“Oh, it’s the pizzaman~ Heechul, who else do you think it is?” I rolled my eyes. Geez, he can still joke at a time like this.

“I mean, your members or mine?” He chuckled as he went to the door. I blushed and hit my forehead lightly because it was a little embarrassing to have thought of it that way.

I walked to the door too, next to him, to greet our guests into our house.

“What’s the password?” He asked s through the small monitor screen beside our door.

“Password? Err…” s scratched their heads and looked at each other while he snickered to himself.

“Yah~ Let them in,” I hit his arm and opened the door.

“Annyonghaseyo! We brought gifts!!” All of them rushed into the apartment with their little fangifts.

“Omo, it’s you, it’s really you! It’s really Jessica noona!” One of s got too excited and began shaking my hand vigorously.

“Yah, yah, yah! Minwoo, get your filthy hands off her! She’s mine!” Heechul forcefully took our hands apart.

“Sorry, sometimes he forgets that we’re idols too, you know?” He joked.

“Wow.. Daebak, jinja daebak,” Another one of s kept staring at my face and clapped his hands slowly.

“Haha.. Annyong,” I smiled at him awkwardly.

“You’re seriously prettier than when I last saw you,” He commented again.

“Really? Thank you. I don’t remember the last time we met though..” I thought hard, when did I last have a schedule with ZE:A?

“On StarKing, remember that? I was sitting right behind you,” He smiled.

“Okay, okay, enough. Jessica, do you want me to build a wall between you and my members? I can do it, I seriously can,” Heechul separated me from s’ view.

“Erm, what are you guys gonna cook?” Another one of s was looking through the groceries we bought. He had a weird accent when he talked. That reminds me, Heechul, too, has a weird accent, it doesn’t sound like he’s from Seoul.

“We don’t actually know~ But hyung, since you’re good at cooking, why don’t you help us out?” Heechul smiled cheekily as he untied his apron and tied it around ’s waist instead.

“Yah… Okay, fine,” gave in and began washing the vegetables at the sink.

“Are you fine with cooking all alone?” I asked him as he looked all over for the chopping board, “It’s over here.”

“Thanks, yeah I’ll be fine. I always cook for them back at the dorm,” He smiled with his eyes.

“Just wondering, why do you speak with some kind of accent?” I wondered.

“Oh.. Cause I’m Australian I guess,” He spoke in English with a slight Aussie accent.

“Woah, I’ve never met a Korean-Aussie before, that’s awesome,” I began speaking in English too. Soon, we were conversing so much and I decided to help him prepare the food. Heechul and the other boys were setting up the tables in the living room.

Doesn’t look like they’re doing any decent job there though, I wonder how the girls are gonna react. I don’t even know if they could fit in our apartment, it’s really packed here already with ZE:A and the PD crew.

---

Heechul’s POV

‘What's that I hear? Laughter and English? I knew it! I knew if I left any of the boys with Jessica, they’d start flirting with her! Even if it’s Kevin hyung! Grr!!’ I thought to myself as I set up the makeshift tables in the living room.

“I think Jessica noona and Kevin hyung are having a little too much fun in the kitchen, you should check it out hyung~” Dongjun nudged me as I stoned, eavesdropping on their conversation.

‘God, what the hell are they talking about?’ I thought to myself as if my head was going to burst. I couldn’t understand a word they were saying but they were laughing occasionally and it’s making me dead jealous.

Hence, I went into the kitchen quietly and stood at the door, just waiting for them to realize that I’m standing here.

“Oh, Heechul-ah. Jessica was just telling me something funny,” Kevin was chuckling as he fixed the food on the plates.

“Hey, it’s not funny~ I really, really hate cucumbers,” Jessica hit Kevin’s arm jokingly. I simply made a straight face as if I wasn’t amused by it.

“It’s funny isn’t it, Heechul?” Kevin chuckled again.

“It’s not that funny,” Both of them kept silent hearing my cold tone.

---

Jessica’s POV

I could sense it from the moment Heechul stepped into the kitchen. He’s jealous of me spending some time with . I’m glad he’s jealous. At least he knows how I feel when he flirts with the girls.

“Whatever. Just wanna inform you guys that the tables are set up,” He said without any interest and left the kitchen instantly.

“He’s jealous,” I sighed as I looked at Kevin.

“Yeah, he is. He gets jealous a lot,” He chuckled.

“Jealous over what?” I wondered.

“Over you, haha. It’s like we can’t even mention your name without him getting jealous for no apparent reason,” He answered me as he took out the paper cups Heechul and I bought.

“Haha, now that’s funny,” I laughed at his joke, “Well, is he going to be okay?”

“Yeah… He’ll probably get over it.”

---

Heechul’s POV

‘Grr, I can’t believe Kevin hyung flirted with Jessica behind my back! Who the hell doesn’t know that she hates cucumbers? It’s not even funny!’ I stomped out of the kitchen.

“Heechullie hyung, why don’t you show us around your apartment?” Hyungsik came towards me with a question even though I knew he was just trying to help me get them off my mind.

“Here’s the living room, there’s the kitchen and over there’s the bedroom. What else do you wanna know?” I answered him coldly and sat down cross-legged on the floor.

‘He’s even wearing my apron! It makes them look more like a couple! Urgh!!’ I thought angrily to myself.

Suddenly, someone poked my cheek. I turned to face the person and it was none other than Jessica.

“You know, you look so cute when you’re angry~” She poked my cheek even more.

“I’m not angry..” I pouted and folded my arms.

“Okay, then you’re jealous~” She giggled and poked me again.

“Fine... come closer,” I admitted and asked her to come nearer to me by signaling her with my finger.

“Why..?”

“Just come closer, I want to tell you something,” I spoke softly and looked at her. As soon as she moved her head closer to me, I whispered in her ear, “Tell Kevin hyung that you’re in love with me and you’re not interested in him. Hehehe~”

Immediately, she hit my arm, “Gosh, and I thought you were gonna tell me something important!”

“Hehe, it is important!!!” I laughed.

---

Jessica’s POV

I sighed and sat down next to Heechul. All the boys sat at their places too as we wait for the girls to arrive. Just as I was about to start a conversation, I noticed that all of them were staring at me with their bodies inclined towards me.

I looked at Heechul and he seemed normal; just playing with his fingers.. well, if that is normal to him.

“What about we sing a song for you as a greeting?” Kevin suggested and the rest agreed. Heechul looked up with his eyebrows furrowed but didn’t object to it so they carried on anyways.


  If you came here by yourself tonight,
Cause he wouldn’t pick up the phone,
He was suppose to bring you here tonight,
Couldn’t find him so you came alone.
It don’t matter cause you’re here now,
And the music you’re enjoying,
So for the next couple minutes,
Baby I’mma be your-

  

“Boyfriend~” Heechul butted in with his out-of-tune voice and disrupted the whole song. The other members burst out in laughter but Kevin looked a little annoyed.

“Well that was nice, wasn’t it Sica?” Heechul clasped his hands together and smiled at me.

“Yeah.. So was that your only part in the song?” I joked. He doesn’t sound like a very good singer.

“Haha, silly Sica~ I barely have a part in that song,”

“Why..? Are you a rapper or something?” I asked softly, afraid that he is and asking this would just make him embarrassed in front of s.

“BAHAHAHA! Heechullie, your wife doesn’t even know your position in ZE:A?” All s burst out laughing as his face turned red.

“I was just joking! Of course I knew, I just wanted to ~” I laughed it off.

“Oh, I know what you’re trying to do, you’re trying to make me rap for you right?” Heechul chuckled, “Okay, okay. I’ll-”

Suddenly there were knocks on the door, “ANNYONGHASEYO!!!” It must be the girls!

“I’LL GET IT!” All the boys shouted in unison, even Heechul. All of them tried rushing to the door, they were even pushing each other away to get to the door first.

---

Heechul’s POV

“Yah! All of you stay back!” I threatened the boys with my fist before opening the door.

Just as I opened the door, Sunny hugged me tightly, “SURPRISE!!!”

“Sunny! How’s my little bunny doing? Hehe,” I chuckled as I tickled her cheek, making her wiggle her nose, “So what’s the surprise?”

“The hug was the surprise!” She giggled happily.

“Oh.. OH! Haha,” I smiled at her.

“Hey girls!! So does oppa get a hug from each of you too?” I laughed as I extended my arms out but all of them simply walked pass me, “Haha, okayyy, no hugs, I’m fine~”

As we entered the living room, all the boys stood up from their seats and bowed politely over and over again.

---

Siwan’s POV (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIWANNIE~~~)

I tried to maintain my posture as So Nyuh Shi Dae sunbaenims arrived. My heart was beating so fast and it felt like if I were to move a muscle, I’d just do something so stupid and make a complete fool of myself.

“Guys, meet the most beautiful girls on Earth!” Heechul burst out as they entered the room. Everyone automatically stood up and bowed to them endlessly.

Initially, I kept my eyes away from them because I was too shy but when I looked up, my eyes unexpectedly met with another. It made my heart skip a beat, as if it was love at first sight.

“Hi..” She smiled shyly at me.

“Hi..” I replied softly, “My name is Woongjae..”

“Woongjae..?” She gave me a confused smile. WTF! Why did I tell her my real name?

“I mean Siwan!! It’s Siwan!” I burst out in embarrassment. Just then I noticed all attention was on me.

“Siwannie~ What’s wrong with you?~” Kwanghee pinched my cheeks. Immediately, I pushed him away, “Aish, stop that!”

“Joesonghamnida~ Siwannie’s always cool but I don’t know what’s wrong with him today~ Maybe he’s excited to see you~” Kwanghee continued on with his babbling. He’s not even making any sense!

“Haha, I see. Siwan, that’s a very cute name,” She giggled.

“Thanks.. Chakaman, you’re sitting opposite of me??” I blinked a few times.

“Yeah, is that okay with you?”

“Yes, yes! That’s great, really great..” I smiled at her. Guess this is how Heechul feels when he’s around Jessica, the inner fanboy gets unleashed!


---

Jessica’s POV

“So this is your apartment~ Where’s the bedroom?” Tiffany asked Heechul and I as we all sat in the living room.

“It’s over there, you wanna check it out? It’s pretty sweet,” Heechul chuckled. Tiffany stood up and went into the bedroom to have a look. When she came back, she had a surprised expression put on.

“Woah.. That is one nice bed,” She pointed to the bedroom as she took her seat.

“So.. do you guys like.. sleep together?” She giggled, making everyone excited and howl like hooligans.

Heechul simply grinned and waited for everyone to settle down before talking. I knew he was gonna say something witty and stupid so I spoke up before he did, “Haha, didn’t you guys watch the first episode or something?”

“Yeah we did..” Yuri looked at everyone as they all nodded, “But it didn’t show you guys sleeping in the apartment at all..”

Sigh. I should seriously put aside a time to watch the episodes they air on TV.

“Ah~” Heechul smirked. Great, looks like he’s got another story to tell.

“We didn’t sleep together on the same bed,” He lied. Then he took a short glance at me and smiled.

“Why not?? You guys are married!” One of s burst out. That reminds me, we should have an introduction session to get to know each other.

“Erm, Yonghwa oppa and I don’t sleep on the same bed either.. Though we do have a bed..” Seohyun spoke up softly.

“So the bed’s just for show? Ah~ Well, would you guys even dare to sleep together on the same bed if you had the chance?” Sooyoung asked mischievously.

“I’m not sure.. I guess it’s too embarrassing.. but if Yonghwa oppa wants to..” Seohyun began to blush. I looked at her and smiled, she’s really sweet and innocent.

“If Jessica wouldn’t mind, I’d want to sleep on the same bed with her every night~” Heechul chuckled, making everyone laugh.

“So what do you say, huh? Next time we’ll sleep on that bed together, just me and you,” He winked at me. I simply rolled my eyes and punched him with my elbow, “OWHH!”

“Alright, enough of that. I think we should do a little introduction first to get to know each other better,” I suggested.

---

Heechul’s POV

“You know, it’s getting a little crowded in here, maybe some of you guys could stay outside and take turns in here,” I laughed as I looked at my members. All of them simply whistled and avoided eye contact with me on purpose.

“Since you guys probably know us individually but we don’t really know about you, maybe you guys could do a short intro for us,” Jessica asked sweetly.

“That’s Minwoo, Dongjun, Junyoung, Kwanghee, Siwan, Hyungsik, Kevin and Taehun,” I said all their names in one breath, “Okay, let’s move on!”

Jessica immediately hit my arm, “Heechul, be nice. Let’s start from-“

“Me! Hello, I’m Kwanghee!! You guys probably know me already, I’m the most popular member in ZE:A,” Kwanghee hyung was being ultra quirky today, it made me want to barf.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m cute boy Minwoo. I’m in charge of dance in ZE:A,” He quickly hid his face as soon as he was done with his intro.

“Could you show us a dance?” Hyoyeon asked with a big grin on her face.

“Yes.. b-but.. ah..” He stuttered as his face turned red.

“Cute boy a.k.a shy boy too~” I , “Okay, next!”

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m maknae Dongjun. Some of you might know me too,” He chuckled.

“Ah~ The male Han Ga-in~ Of course we know,” Hyoyeon commented.

“And also someone’s little crush~ Cradle-snatcher~” Sooyoung joked as she nudged Taeyeon repeatedly. Ooh, I didn’t know that she liked him.

I looked at Siwan hyung and he was glaring at Dongjun. I know he always glares at people who are getting the spotlight but this was different. It was like as if he was really, really jealous.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m leader Junyoung. Nice to meet all of you,” Of course the leader would have to make such a modest intro.

“Wow, you look quite similar to Yoochun oppa,” Hyoyeon commented again.

“Thank you, yes I get that often,” Junyoung smiled.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m chic guy Siwan. Umm, I really like SNSD..” Siwan hyung was acting a little weird today, well who wouldn’t be nervous in front of these girls?

“Ooh~ Who’s your favourite member?” Sooyoung asked.

“F-favourite member..?” He stuttered a little.

“Yeah, everyone has a member they like more than the rest,” Sunny added on.

“You better not say Jessica~” I warned him jokingly, causing everyone to erupt in laughter.

“Ha..ha.. Erm, I don’t wish to say it,” He looked down, avoiding any eye contact. Haha, this is the first time I’ve seen Siwan hyung so nervous, he’s always so cool. Or at least he pretends to be.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m prince Hyungsik. I like to eat and I’m one of the main vocals in ZE:A,” Hyungsik was more interested in eating the food Kevin prepared instead of the girls. Maybe he’s still too young.

“Hello everyone, I’m charisma Kevin. I’m in charge of vocals and I’m also the oldest in ZE:A,” He smiled and automatically sang a song to ‘serenade’ the girls.

Last night,
I dreamt that you were beside me,
It seems so real that I cried,
When you’ve touched me,
You’re my angel,
And you’ve given me wings


As he was singing, I noticed that his attention was mostly given to Tiffany. My eyes kept shifting from his face to Tiffany's face and looks like both of them are flirting with their eyes. I knew he had a little something for Tiffany for quite a while now but man, he's lucky that he's even winning her heart so easily with his voice.

And I fly away with you,
Wherever you go,
Cause you filled my heart,
And you’ve captured my soul,
And baby, I want you to know


“Okay, that would be it,” He clasped his hands together. Phew, any longer and these girls are gonna start falling for him.

Everyone applauded and some of the girls looked blown away by his voice. Even Jessica was impressed and it made me really jealous since I know she likes guys who can sing well. And I can’t even sing to save my life.

"Wow, that.. was amazing.. I wouldn't mind doing a duet with you next time," Tiffany took a deep breath and spoke as if she was truly blown away.

"Well, who says we have to wait till next time? We can do it now if you want to," Kevin smiled at her.

"Ooooh~ KevFany couple is born~" Yuri joked, making KevFany Kevin and Tiffany blush like tomatoes.

"Nevermind.. We'll just wait for next time," Kevin shyly added.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m rapper Taehun. Just like Siwan hyung, I really like SNSD too,” He said shyly.

“Actually, all of us like SNSD. Especially me!!” I laughed proudly.

“Yeah at home, Heechul’s always watching Hoot performances,” Junyoung butted in happily.

“Yup, never missed a single performance,” I was having a proud fanboy moment until it got disrupted.

“You know the part you girls do the arrow dance?” Junyoung had a mischievous tone in his voice. I knew he was gonna mention this, “Oh shut up!! Don’t say it!!”

“If you girls could sing the chorus part, I could reenact how Heechul hyung reacts to it,” Minwoo butted in too. I gave him an I’m-gonna-kill-you-if-you-don’t-shut-up look but it still didn’t scare him.

“Hana, tul, set~ Nareul no ryeosseo, Neoneun Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! naneun hoot! Hoot! Hoot!” The girls started singing and Minwoo pretended to get shot by their arrows, “Ah~ Ah~ Ah~

“Aish..” I covered my face in embarrassment as everyone laughed.

“Seriously, you actually do that?” Jessica asked me as her eyes started to fill up with tears of laughter, “Oh my God, Heechul you’re such a fanboy!”

“That’s not the only thing he does! He also-”

“Okay, okay! Let’s move on,” I interrupted Minwoo before he embarrasses me any further.

---

Jessica’s POV

“Okay, so Heechul’s favourite SNSD member is Jessica. What about you guys? We wanna know too,” Tiffany asked, “Starting from Kwanghee oppa.”

“Oppa? Me? Hehe, I can get used to this. Erm.. Truthfully, it’s YoonA, yes YoonA. Hehe,” He admitted immediately. It made YoonA smile a little. She's been acting so cold since the girls arrived here, she hasn't even spoken a word.

“Yah, what about me? I thought we’re friends!!” Hyoyeon blurted out, causing everyone to laugh.

“Okay, okay! Hyoyeon. My favourite is Hyoyeon, happy?” Kwanghee joked.

Eventually, everyone admitted their favourite member, well some prefer to keep it to themselves.

“Wait a minute, I think someone’s missing..” I whispered to Heechul. It’s that small, petite guy who was sitting next to Kwanghee. He seemed to be missing from his place but I never actually realized his absence until now.

“What? Let me see.. 1, 2, 3, stop moving!! 4, 5, wait did I count him already? 7, 8 and… Oh yeah, me, 9. No one’s missing, sweetie~” Heechul smiled at me.

"Ah~ Before we eat, there's something I wanted The Arrogant Couple to do~" Sooyoung spoke up and got everyone's attention.

"The Arrogant Couple?" Both Heechul and I questioned her at the same time.

"Yeah.. Netizens call you guys that, just like how maknae and Yonghwa are called the Sweet Potato Couple~" She explained to us, "Didn't you guys know that?"

"But why...?" I asked even though I probably knew the answer.

"Heechul is the Arrogant boy and you are the Ice Princess. So what do you get if you cross an Arrogant boy with an Ice Princess?" She asked and everyone automatically answered in unison, "THE ARROGANT COUPLE!!"