Episode 09

The Arrogant Couple


EPISODE 09


Place: ZE:A's Practice Room

Time: 21:13PM

Heechul’s POV

For a long while now, I’ve been giving the other guys a cold shoulder. If they can’t support me with Jessica, then I don’t think I should treat them any better.

“How’s your Barbie doll, huh? Is she fun to play with?” Siwan mocked at me. I simply ignored him and continued practicing some of our new choreography.

“Why? Cat got your tongue?” He snickered.

“Shut up, girly face. You say one more word to annoy me, and I swear I’ll..” I trailed off, not knowing what to say. What can I do? Beat him up? He’s my member, I can’t do anything to hurt him.

“Ah, I’ve guessed it. You’re too much of a wimp to even hit me,” He folded his arms and walked away.

“Why the fxck do you have a problem with me? Is it really that bad? Just because I like Jessica? I know you guys are suffering too but I’m suffering twice as much. And I’m willing to suffer a hell lot more just for her. Why can’t you guys just understand?!” I shouted at Siwan but it was also directed towards the other members.

All of them stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

“Oh so all of us have to suffer just because of your stupid dream to be with Jessica? This is nonsense! Don’t you remember, Chul? Our dream is to work hard and be the best idol band out there. But you’re here being selfish..”  

“I have MANY dreams, hyung. Many to the point you can’t even imagine. And I know you have other dreams too, I hear you praying every night for the same dreams to come true. They will, you just have to believe and the opportunity will come to you somehow,” I walked towards Siwan and placed my hand on his shoulder, “So please, I don’t want to let this opportunity go to waste for me.”

Just when I thought I’ve softened him, he began speaking with his b1tchy tone again, “You know what I think? …YOU JUST GOT PUNK’D!”

“Say what?” I looked at him with my eyebrow raised as everyone burst out laughing.

“We’re just playing with you, man! We watched the first episode when you were out filming a few days ago and heck, IT WAS SO FUNNY! You’re really so desperate for her attention! HAHAHA!” He talked goofily and kept hugging his tummy.

“Yeah, the way you stare at her was like as if you were gonna her or something!” Dongjun laughed and hit my back repeatedly.

“So all these while you guys were just acting?” I asked confusedly.

“Well, at first we weren’t but then we saw how much you really like her so we gave in anyways. We just wanted to see you crack under the pressure,” Junyoung spoke up, his eyes were watery due to laughing too much.

I felt dumbfounded, how could they do this to me? All these while they were just waiting for me to crack. Nonetheless, I still felt relieved that they do understand me after all.

“Awh, you guys don’t know how much this means to me, I’m so glad you guys actually understand me..” I hugged Siwan hyung because he was the one who really pressured me so much.

Eventually, everyone started to hug around us too. Now with everyone’s support, I feel that it’s really possible to make Jessica love me more than just a virtual husband.

--- About a Month later ---

Place: Heechul & Jessica’s WGM apartment

Time: 11:34AM

Jessica’s POV

It’s been almost a month since our last shooting together at Lotte World. Too bad I had to return back to Japan that day for another schedule. The sad face Heechul gave me when I left at the airport was really heartbreaking for some reason.

It’s the second time we’re shooting at our WGM apartment. When I stepped into the house, all kinds of thoughts went into my head. The incident, the pictures and how much I dread filming with the arrogant boy. Now I feel like I really do enjoy filming with him and it’s getting more natural too.

All of a sudden, I heard sounds coming from our bedroom, “Hoot~… Hoot~… Hoot~…”

“Annyong!” Suddenly, Heechul jumped out from behind the door and startled me, “Oh Heechul-ah, annyong~”

“Hehehe, long time no see~ What about a little kiss on my cheek?” He closed his eyes and inclined his head towards me.

“What about a pinch on the cheeks? Hahah,” I pinched his cheeks as he pouted at me.

“Sica-ah~ I really missed you~” He made some kind of aegyo in his voice but it was so husky that it actually sounded cool rather than annoying like Sunny’s.

“Yeah, I missed you too,” I smiled at him which probably made him thought that it was okay to hug me.

“Okay, okay~ Enough already~” I made it sound like a joke so that he wouldn’t get offended.

“Congrats on the wins, Hoot is really daebak!~”

"Thanks, how’s my new look? You like it?” I chuckled as I combed my hair with my fingers.

“You’ve never looked more beautiful..” He said it with a heartwarming smile.

“Thanks Heechul,” I blushed a little. Suddenly the PD unnie came towards us

“We’ll be starting the shooting soon. By the way, today’s mission envelope is in your room,” She smiled at us and then walked back to the PD crew.

‘What? So the shooting hasn’t even started and Heechul’s acting like this because.. gosh, he’s just so weird..’ I thought to myself as I looked at Heechul’s smiling face. Now I’m feeling a little awkward about how we acted just now. I seriously thought shooting had already begun.

---

Heechul’s POV

“Okay, we’ll be starting the shooting now! Action!”

“Yo, look what I found~” I came out of the bedroom with the mission envelope. Jessica took it and read it out loud, “To Heechul ♥ Jessica: Since you’ve successfully moved into a new apartment, your mission today is to hold a housewarming party! Good luck~”

Both Jessica and I looked at each other with excited smiles on our faces. This means that we can invite our members over! Woohoo!

“Should I call the girls now?” She asked me as she took out her phone.

“Hmm.. I have a better idea. Why don’t I call them and you call my members instead?” She agreed and since I don’t have a phone, I used her phone to call up the girls first.

‘Who should I call?’ I thought hard on choosing which member I’d want to call and maybe she could go on loud speaker so that the other girls can hear the call too.

(On loudspeaker)

*O-o-o-o oppareul saranghae~ Ah-ah-ah-ah manhi manhihae~*

Sunny: *monotonous tone* Yoboseyo? Jessica-ah~ What do you want?

Heechul: Hey baybeh~ *Sica hits my arm* Ouh!

Sunny: *perky tone* OMO HEECHUL OPPA! How are you? Have you eaten? What are you doing now?

Heechul: Hehe, Sunny-ah~ Are the other girls there too?

Sunny: No…. They’re not here~ Only me~ *Hears voices of the other members in the background*

Sooyoung: Yah! Give me that! Oppa~ It’s Sooyoungie here!

Heechul: Hey~ Can you make this into loudspeaker so that the others can hear too?

Sooyoung: Okay~

SNSD: Okay, one, two, three. ANNYONG OPPA!~

Jessica: Yah, you girls! I’m here too!

SNSD: *Gibberish* ^$%#@%E^$#@!$%E^

Sunny: So oppa, why did you call? Is it because you missed me?

Heechul: Yeah I missed you and I missed all of you girls too~

Sunny: *aegyo* Aww, oppa~ I miss you too~

YoonA: Yah! Stop with your aegyo!

Heechul: YoonA-ah~ Oppa misses you too~

YoonA: Blehh~

Jessica: Alright that’s it. Will you girls just come over to our house today? We’re having a housewarming party. You girls MUST COME OR ELSE!! BYE~

(Ends phone call)

“Hey!! I haven’t even kissed them goodbye,” I joked but she still made a grumpy face.

“Yah.. do you always have to flirt with them?” She pouted and looked away from me.

“Okay, okay. Why don’t I just kiss you instead?” I pouted my lips and move towards her but she simply pushed my face away with her palm.

---

Jessica’s POV

“Whatever, I’m gonna call your members now. So what’s their number?” I took out my phone and waited for him to tell me a number.

“Er.. We don’t have phones.. but you can call our manager, Yongil,” He took my phone and dialed his manager’s number.

(On loudspeaker)

*Ni hwasareun Trouble! Trouble! Trouble! nareul no ryeosseo, Neoneun Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! naneun hoot! hoot! hoot!*

Yongil: Yoboseyo?

Heechul: Yongil hyung, can you pass this to the guys? I need to talk to them urgently.

Yongil: Okay. Kids, Heechul wants to talk to you guys.

Junyoung: Yoboseyo? What is it?

Jessica: Oppa~

Junyoung: *shouts away from phone* Yongil hyung!! Why does Heechul sound like a girl?

Jessica: Oppa~ It’s me, Jessica from So Nyuh Shi Dae~ (zzz =_=)

Junyoung: Jinja?! Oh annyong..

Jessica: Can you put this on loudspeaker so that the rest of the boys can hear it too?

Junyoung: Sure, sure. Guys, say hi to Jessica!

ZE:A: *Gibberish* $%&*#^%$#@ HI JESSICA!!!

Heechul: Yah! You guys, behave yourselves!!

Dongjun: Heechullie hyung! Can we come over??

Siwan: Yah, don’t be rude.

Jessica: Guys, we’re inviting all of you over for a housewarming party! How does that sound?

ZE:A: *Gibberish* %^&*^%$#$%^%$#

Junyoung: We’ll be glad to come!

Minwoo: Will So Nyuh Shi Dae be there too?!

ZE:A: OMO OMO OMO! *Gibberish* $#%^&*^%$#@

Heechul: Yah! Come and then find out!

(Ends phone call)

“Phew~ We got the inviting part down,” Heechul sighed.

“Yeah, now we have to do the grocery shopping~ Come on~” I poked his cheek just as he was about to relax his shoulders.

---

Place: Local supermarket

Time: 13:10PM

Jessica’s POV

The PD noona gave us a list of the things we should buy but didn’t tell us what we were preparing for the housewarming party.

“Heechul-ah, do you want the big one or the small one?” I asked him as I weighed a couple of cabbages in my hands.

“Hmm none..”

“Then what do you want?” I sighed as I placed the cabbages back at its place.

“I want you~” He chuckled but I simply made a straight face at him.

“Okay, okay. I was just kidding~ Hmm, I’ll let you choose,” He picked up the cabbages and asked me to choose.

Suddenly an ahjumma, well probably older, came towards us and began speaking to us, “Erm excuse me, I couldn’t help but to notice a young couple here arguing over some vegetables.”

“Erm, we weren’t arguing~ But sorry if we were talking so loud to the point you thought that way,” Heechul immediately apologized to her.

“What are you kids going to cook? I can help with the ingredients,” She offered us some help.

“Well, my wife here can’t make her mind whether to get the big cabbage or the small one~” I blushed a little when Heechul called me his ‘wife’, “Err.. Yeah.”

“Wife? Both of you are married?” She seemed a little shock, well a lot actually.

“Yup, we’re a loving married couple~” Heechul hugged my waist with one arm and chuckled a little to himself.

“I see, your wife is so pretty and you’re so handsome~ Your child would definitely be beautiful as well~” WTH.

“Thanks, lady! Hehe, heard that honey? Our child is going to be beautiful~” Immediately, I hit Heechul’s stomach with my elbow, “OUH! Hehehe, she gets a little shy sometimes.”

“Okay, I suggest both of you to get the bigger cabbage if there are many mouths to feed,” She smiled at us.

“See honey? I told you we should get the bigger one~ Ouh!” I hit his stomach with my elbow again.

“Thank you so much, we’ll be going now,” I smiled at the old woman and pulled Heechul’s arm.

“Omo~ Jessica’s pulling my arm~” He shrieked like a fanboy as he joked.

---

Heechul’s POV

“Yah! Why are you so weird, huh?” Jessica poked my stomach over and over again as we queued to pay for our groceries.

“Because I like you~” I smiled cheekily.

“Geez, Heechul.. You’re really such a fanboy sometimes,” She folded her arms.

“Is that good or bad?” I asked.

“Good. I mean BAD! I mean..!!” She started to blush.

“You like it~~~ Hehe,” I .

“At least I know how it feels like having a fanboy as my husband,” She sighed.

---

Place: Heechul & Jessica’s WGM apartment

Time: 14:20PM

Jessica’s POV

When we reached our house, the PD unnie told us to make use of the ingredients we bought to make dishes for the housewarming party. I was a little worried as I didn’t know how to cook and I doubt Heechul knows either.

“Action!”

Heechul and I wore our aprons, given by the PD crew. Mine was pink and had a cartoon cow on it and Heechul’s was blue and had a cartoon frog on it.

“What the.. Has this become our trademark or something?” I examined my apron before putting it on.

“Don’t look at me! The PD crew was behind this,” Heechul put his hands up in surrender for awhile and then tied his apron on.

“Come on, let me tie it for you,” He went over to me and tied my apron on for me as I was having a little difficulty tying it by myself.

“Thanks, how do I look?” I twirled a little and pulled the corners of my apron.

“Like a cow~” He stuck out his tongue and snickered to himself.

“Yah! Frog, come back here!” I chased him around the house a little.

“Ahahaha~ Jessica, you’d really make such a cute cow~” He chuckled. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

*DING DONG* “Hey!! We’ve arrived!!”

  Heechul and I stopped chasing each other and looked at the door. We haven’t set up the tables in the living room, the food hasn’t even been prepared and the guests have arrived. Daebak..