Episode 07

The Arrogant Couple

EPISODE 07
Place: ZE:A’s Practice Room

Time: 02:12AM

Heechul’s POV

Every day I wake up to a new set of ‘pranks’ pulled by anti-fans. I get thrown at with eggs, flour, mud and all sorts of crap. The other members didn’t even pity me, they all thought that I deserved it.

“Well, you could just call the marriage off and join us single men,” Junyoung joked.

“NEVERRR!” My mouth involuntarily shouted at him with my eyes wide opened.

“Okay, okay. I was just kidding!” He backed a couple of steps with his hands in surrender.

I turned back to the computer screen and continued viewing pictures of SNSD in Japan until I found a solo picture of Jesscia which got me in awe.

Seeing her face always gives me the strength I need to endure the harsh treatment I get from anti-fans.

“Yah, Heechul-ah. You’ve been staring at her picture for the past couple of minutes without blinking your eyes.. are you okay?” I could hear Kevin asking me but I simply ignored him.

“Oh don’t worry about him hyung, he’s just eye-fxcking Jessica like he usually does~” Dongjun was replying to Kevin in a teasing manner as if trying to get my attention. However, I still pretended that I didn’t hear him and simply ignored it.

“Oh God, eye-fxcking? That’s just gross,” Kevin sounded as if he was really grossed out by the sound of it, I mean it is disgusting I guess. Not that I do it..

“Heechul, I miss you so much,” Suddenly Jessica’s picture ‘talked’ to me. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the picture again but it didn’t move. I guess it’s just my imagination, I think I need some rest or something. I better go before the rest leave without me again and then I’m forced to walk home by myself with crazy fanboys lurking around the streets.

---

Place: ZE:A’s Dorm

Time: 11:29AM (The next day)

Today, I painted the vandalized walls outside our dorm while the rest of the kids went for a photoshoot. They didn’t want to help me because they think it’s my entire fault that they had to put up with this crap even though they weren’t part of WGM.

“Now that you’re married to your dream girl, there are prices to pay and this is one of it,” Junyoung folded his arms and went into the car.

“I would totally laugh just by seeing your pathetic state but I don’t want you to feel even worse,” Siwan came out of the dorm with a sarcastically sympathetic face as if he pitied me so much.

“I’m such a good hyung, if only we weren’t having a photoshoot today then I might just give you a hand,” He sighed but more like as if he’s trying to rub it in my face that they’re having some photoshoot without me.

“Woah woah, slow down there loverboy,” Kevin pulled my collar before I charged on that petite creature.

“Junyoung’s right, if you really like Jessica, then you have to deal with the consequences by yourself,” He tried to sound wise with me. I sighed and relaxed my shoulders, “Yeah.. You’re right.”

“Good luck, tiger! RAWRR!” Dongjun pat my back and ran into the car. After everyone had left, I began my work. By painting the walls, I got a closer look at each of the writings on the wall.

Some left me in shock while some just disgusted me.

“Ew, what the hell does that even mean?” I talked to myself as I read the vandalized wall.

‘Sigh, I wonder what Jessica’s doing in Japan right now, I wish I could be there to watch the concert,’ I thought to myself.

  ---
  Place: SNSD’s hotel in Japan

Time: 22:10PM

Jessica’s POV

It was night time already and the girls and I were preparing to go to sleep. I was sharing a room with Yuri, YoonA and Tiffany. As I was about to fall asleep, someone bounced on my bed and gave me a shock.

“Yah! I’m trying to sleep here!” I shouted with a grumpy face put on.

“So spill! Aren’t you gonna tell us what happened?” Tiffany poked me repeatedly.

“Tell you guys what?” I asked, feeling very annoyed.

“You know~ What happened between you and your new boyfriend of course~” Yuri teased me excitedly. We’ve been so busy that there wasn’t any time for me to tell them about the stories that happened between me and Heechul. So I guess they’re taking this opportunity to ask me now.

“Heechul isn’t my boyfriend. He’s just a guy..” I pretended as if I didn’t really care.

“Yeah, a really cuteeee guy,” Yuri dragged her word, emphasizing that she thinks that he’s really cute or something. Heh.

“Okay, okay. It’s a really funny story.. You girls played a prank on me right? Putting all those pictures of him in my luggage!”

“Hehe, what did he say when he saw it??” Tiffany sat closer to me in excitement.

“He didn’t see it. I threw it all out before he did~ But guess what? s also played a prank on him and.. you know what they put in his bag?” I tried to make some suspense while telling my story. They guessed all sorts of funny things but none of them guessed it right.

“Condoms. Extra large.” I said softly and giggled. Just as expected, their reactions were huge, “OMG! OMG! That’s gross! I can’t believe they did that!!”

“Well what can I say? Boys will be boys,” I shrugged my shoulders and then we all laughed together.

“Then so you guys had it??” Tiffany asked bluntly but I knew it was just a joke.

“Yah! Of course we didn’t and don’t imagine anything funny!” I poked her cheek.

“So did you guys have any skinship??” Yuri continued asking me questions.

“Yeah, just a little. We played a game and he said that if he won, he wanted me to kiss him! On the lips!” I laughed.

“OMO! And you did it????!!” They shouted with wide smiles on their faces.

“Of course I didn’t. We held hands instead. He didn’t want to let go of my hand even when the cameras were off! Is he weird or what?” I giggled.

“Oh my God! I think he really likes you!! I’m so jealous, I wish someone liked me so much as well!!” Yuri hugged herself tightly.

“Oh and before I left, I took a selca with him. Wanna see it?” I immediately took out my phone and searched for the picture.

“Omo, this is super nice! The lighting, the angle and oh my God, I think I’m melting because of his smirk. Ah! Keep it away from my eyes!!” Tiffany joked as I kept my phone away.

“He’s really sweet.. He promised me that he would think of me every day until we meet again,” I smiled to myself as I lied in my bed.

“Wow, he’s such a fanboy. Sica, you do know everything about that crappy show is scripted right?” YoonA suddenly spoke up in a sarcastic tone. I thought she was sleeping all these while but I guess she was actually listening to our conversation.

“Erm yeah I know, he’s quite similar to a fanboy I guess. Yeah.. That show’s pretty scripted some times, but I assure you guys that everything was real. The PD didn’t even have to step in with a script,” I tried to convince them that whatever happened between me and Heechul was the real deal.

“Right, maybe to you it wasn’t scripted since you’ve already been in the entertainment industry for some time. But he’s just a rookie so maybe they actually gave him a script to follow so that he wouldn’t get lost during shooting,” YoonA scoffed and then covered her head with a pillow.

‘Then am I the only one having this ‘feeling’ whenever I think about him? Sigh, YoonA’s right. He’s probably just following some script.. I should be professional enough to understand this,’ I thought to myself as I covered my body with a blanket.

“Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams~” Yuri ended our conversation for tonight as we went off to sleep.

---
  Place: Kim Heechul’s Youngstreet Radio Show

Time: 22:23PM

Heechul’s POV

Since the other members had other schedules, Yongil asked me whether I would like to join them back after I’ve completed my chores or go to Kim Heechul sunbaenim’s radio show to represent ZE:A. Of course I picked the radio show instead; it’s an honor to meet him. He’s really close to Jessica so I gotta be close to him too.

It was a fun radio show, we talked and joked together with DefConn sunbaenim. Heechul sunbaenim was really cool and he was just overflowing with charisma. It made me feel a little intimidated since he’s really cool. 

Though I guess he didn’t know who I was before this since he was a little shock that my name was the same as his. At least he knows me now.

After the radio show had ended, we took a couple of pictures and then thanked all the staff members there. Before I left, Heechul sunbaenim wanted to talk to me about something. He looked really serious and in my heart, I was just afraid that if it was something bad and involves Jessica in it, I seriously wouldn’t know what to say.

“Look kid, I think you’re really cool. If you wanna join me and my friends for a drink some time, then call me okay? Let me give you my number,” I was surprised when he told me this. Does he really think I’m cool?

“Sorry but I don’t have a handphone.. Our company won’t allow us to keep them because they don’t want us to get distracted,” I sighed. I might as well just call this ‘social suicide’.

“I see. Oh well, then nevermind about it. Anyways, I heard that you and Sica are a new couple in We Got Married. Is that true?” He asked me as if he couldn’t believe that it really is the truth.

“Erm yeah. It’s true. Our first broadcast would be next Sunday. Please give us a lot of support,” I smiled at him.

“Oh, I see. So how was it? Was she cold towards you?” He asked.

“At first yeah, she was really cold towards me. But then I think we got a little closer as the shooting went by, it was really fun. I really enjoyed it,” I tried not to get too excited and cut the story short.

“Hmm, I wonder why Sica never told me about it. She always tells me important stuff. Well, I guess it isn’t that important to her,” He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. It hurt me so much when he said that.

I know Heechul sunbaenim is really close to Jessica, so when he says this, he’s probably not joking. I wish I know what Jessica really thinks about this show and what she feels about me.

---

Place: ZE:A’s Practice Room

Time: 11:51PM

“1, 2, 3, 4. 2, 2, 3 , 4-” As I entered the practice room, the other members were in the middle of practicing our dance steps. We’re going to Singapore in a couple of days and straight to Malaysia after that. I hope we make it in time to watch the first broadcast of me and Jessica’s WGM or else I would just have to watch it online. That is, if anybody is kind enough to post it up.

“Hey guys,” I greeted them as I stood in my dance position.

“5 minutes break, we’ll continue after that,” Junyoung suddenly called for a break just as I was about to join them in their practice.

“Are you mad at me or something?” I asked him bluntly but he simply ignored me. I walked over to the rest of the members but they all avoided me too.

“Why are you guys avoiding me?” I asked. They all looked at me for a second and then continued doing whatever they were doing.

“Do you know what happened during our recording at Open Concert just now?” Kevin was nice enough to acknowledge my presence.

“What?” I asked with my eyebrow raised.

“We got thrown at with empty mineral bottles by.. by some of your crazy anti-fans!” He got mad at me as he ended his sentence.

“Yeah, luckily the producers agreed to record the performance a second time! Or else it would just be so embarrassing!” Hyungsik added on.

“Guys, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know they would attack you guys too,” I sighed as I lowered down my head.

“Seriously Heechul hyung, I think you should just call this ‘marriage’ off. I know Jessica’s your ideal girl and all but it’s getting too much for us to handle. We’re just rookies and SNSD’s fanbase is a hundred times bigger than ours. We’d be dead if this continues on,” Dongjun pleaded.

“Come on hyung, what’s it gonna be? Jessica or your brothers?” Minwoo spoke up as the rest of the members stood closely behind him. I looked at all their tired faces, is Jessica really worth all of this crap me and the kids are going through? Does she even care about me?