Episode 02

The Arrogant Couple

*T/N: Ssambap is a Korean food. (Seasoned meat wrapped with lettuce)
*T/N: Jeongmallo means really.
*Fact: Kwanghee & Hyoyeon are really friends before debut.

EPISODE 02

Place: In SNSD's car

Time: 20:58PM

Jessica’s POV

‘What’s taking the girls so long?’ I thought to myself as I sat in the car. Our trip to Japan was very exhausting and I just wanted a good rest at home.

Suddenly the car door opened and Yuri came in with a big smile on her face. Followed by Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Yoona.

“What are you girls smiling about?” I asked them curiously; usually they would put on a tired expression after a long trip.

“While you were sitting here in the car by yourself, the rest of us bumped into.. Jung Heechul~” Hyoyeon teased me.

 “Jeongmallo? Where is he?” I got a little excited. While we were in Japan, I got a WGM invitation and the letter said that a guy named ‘Jung Heechul’ is my husband. Since we didn’t have time to go on the Internet, I didn’t do any research on him yet.

‘Omo, so today’s the first shooting! I knew I should’ve worn something more presentable!’ I sighed as I should’ve followed my instincts.

“He’s in the other car~” Yoona folded her arms and gave me a sarcastically sweet smile. What’s her problem?

“He’s really good-looking, you know~~” Yuri nudged me while raising her eyebrows up and down teasingly.

“I think he looks scary~ He looks so pale, just like a vampire!” Tiffany pretended to shiver and then giggled jokingly.

“You know what I think would be fun?” Hyoyeon spoke up and the rest of us gave our attention to her.

“This Heechul guy, I did some research on him the other day-” Before she could continue on with her plan, Yuri interrupted her, “Ooooh~ Someone did research, eh?”

“Yah! I was just worried for our Jessica marrying some guy she doesn’t even know,” Hyoyeon blushed a little. Haha, is he really that good-looking until these girls are developing some crush on him too?

“I was saying.. I did some research on him and I found out that his ideal girl is none other than YOU,” She pointed sharply at me, making me a little startled.

“WOAH! So this means that it’s like some dream come true for him, huh?” Tiffany got excited.

“And so the fun part is?” Yoona asked as if without interest in the matter.

“The fun part is that Jessica, you can act all ice princess-ish towards him and make him think that you treat him just like any other guy! That’ll make him more determined to ‘change’ your heart or something like that,” Hyoyeon laughed happily at her ‘brilliant’ idea. I didn’t find anything fun about what she had said but the others seem to agree with her.

“Well, is he a nice guy..?” I asked softly, interrupting their excitement.

“That, I’m not really sure. I wanted to call Kwanghee up but the WGM crew said that the other party didn’t know who the wife is and I didn’t want to spoil the whole surprise,” She giggled.

“You’re right! Heechul did look really surprised to see us! I think he was really happy out of his mind, wait till he finds out that Jessica is his wife!” Tiffany clapped her hands in excitement.

“However, I did catch something. His usual introduction is ‘ZE:A’s arrogant rapper, Heechul’. So maybe he’s arrogant?” Hyoyeon shrugged her shoulders.

“Arrogant..?” I sighed. I hope that’s just some image his company gave him and his real personality would be something nice.

---

Heechul’s POV

SNSD had two cars. TWO! Not one but two! ZE:A only has one and we all have to squeeze together to fit.

I wanted to sit with Jessica but Sunny pulled me into another car. I rode with her, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Seohyun.

‘Wait, something’s fishy here, these three girls, excluding Sunny, are the ones that I marked off my ‘possibly-my-wife’ list. So does this mean.. that Sunny is my wife?’ I thought to myself as I looked at her.

“Hehehe~ Why are you looking at me that way?” She giggled, snapping me out of my daze.

“Err.. do you like cows?” I couldn’t think of any other question to ask. As much as I’m enjoying a car ride with half of the SNSD girls, it’s still really awkward.

“Wae? If I say yes, you’re gonna give me that thing you’re holding right?” She giggled even more as she pointed to the stuffed toy I was holding. Wow, she’s good.

“I’ll give it to you if you tell me who my wife is~” I tried to make a deal with her.

“Don’t you dare, Sunny,” Taeyeon spoke up. I looked at her and smiled, she’s been giving me glares since just now.

“You know, one of my members, Minwoo, really likes you.. Taeng~” I tried to play with her. Maybe then she’ll loosen up to me.

“Heh. Don’t treat me as your friend. I’m your sunbae, so you should at least respect me,” She scoffed as she looked away. Sometimes I wonder if these kinds of things are scripted by the PD. I seriously don’t think Taeyeon is this cold.

‘Maybe she just doesn’t like me,’ I sighed to myself.

“Oh come on, unnie~ He’s our brother-in-law now~ Give him a break~” Sunny pouted and tried to cheer Taeyeon up.

‘AHA! Caught ya!’ I thought excitedly to myself. If Sunny was really my ‘wife’, she wouldn’t have said ‘our brother-in-law’. That means that I’m also her ‘brother-in-law’. Gosh, I’m such a good detective.

Imaginary ‘possibly-my-wife’ list: 4 down, 5 to go.

---

Jessica’s POV

I felt a little nervous as it is the first time I’m gonna see my ‘husband’. It’s the first meeting. Nonetheless, I tried my best to keep my composure and play along with my ice princess act.

When our car arrived, the other half were already waiting for us. As I went out of the car, I saw the rest of the girls with a guy.

“Oh-my-gawd! It’s a vampire!” I unconsciously said it in English. Only Tiffany understood what I said and the rest simply looked at me with their eyes wide opened.

“Chill, Sica. That’s just.. Jung Heechul~” She whispered his name teasingly to me. I was so embarrassed but as long as he didn’t understand what I said, then I’m fine.

As we walked into the restaurant, I stood next to Hyoyeon and far away from Heechul.

“Are you sure he likes me? He didn’t even look at me when I came out of the car,” I whispered softly so that no one else could hear me except for her.

“He’s probably just shy or something. I also read that he feels nervous around you,” She whispered back to me and fastened her pace.

‘Geez, what else did she read about him?’ I thought to myself as I tried to catch up with her.

---

Place: The Restaurant

Time: 21:24PM

Heechul’s POV

As we reached the restaurant, we reunited back with the other SNSD girls and sat in a special reserved room for VIPs.

I felt good as the girls were quietly fighting over who should sit next to me. I pretended as if I didn’t care and proceeded on by sitting at the end of the table, making it possible for only ONE girl to sit on my left.

As expected, the girl whom I assumed to have developed a crush on me, sat beside me. She kept her hair and taking occasional glances at me. Well, more like stares since glances are too short.

“Here~ Let me feed you some ssambap~” I turned to face Sunny, the ssambap was already made and she was just ready to shove it in my mouth.

“Yum, it tastes so much better after you’ve fed me,” I smirked as I fed her one too.

“Ahem,” Jessica cleared . Somehow, I could sense that it was done on purpose.

“You want me to feed you one too, princess?” I and everyone laughed, even the PD crew. However, she simply ignored me and continued eating.

---

Jessica’s POV

Even though I’ve agreed on portraying my ice princess image towards Heechul, could the rest of the girls at least don’t take this as an advantage to get closer to him?

“Ahem,” I purposely cleared my throat loudly so that Sunny would get the message that I don’t like what she’s doing to my ‘husband’.

“You want me to feed you one too, princess?” He shifted his gaze directly at me. It’s the first time we’ve made eye-contact with one another, even though it only lasted for a split second. I quickly turned away and ignored him while everyone laughed.

The rest of the girls told me not to let him know that I’m his ‘wife’ and wanted it to be a surprise for him. However, I’m getting the feeling that they’re only doing this to have some fun with him. Zzz.

I kept glaring at Sunny. She’s been attaching herself to that arrogant boy the whole time. What’s more, he seems to be enjoying himself with her sitting next to him and feeding him food.

---

Heechul’s POV

“Okay, cut! Now to make the broadcast more interesting, all of you will play a game,” Suddenly a PD noona butted in. Games, eh? I love games~

“Here, Tiffany, you will suggest a round of the Pocky Game,” She handed a box of strawberry-flavored Pocky to Tiffany and then went back to the crew, “Action!”

“Hey guys, let’s finish up our dinner with this,” Tiffany took out the box from behind her and showed it to everyone.

“Yay! Pocky! I love to eat Pocky!” Sunny reached out her hands to the box but Tiffany pulled it away from her.

“We’re not just gonna eat it, we’re gonna play a game~ The Pocky Game!” She said excitedly and the rest of the girls giggled happily too. Wow, they’re really good when it comes to scripted crap.

“So who wants to go with our brother-in-law?” She giggled. AHA! So she’s not my wife either.

“Maybe.. my wife should do it with me?” I suggested cheekily, hoping that they’d agree.

“Awh, then that wouldn’t be fun~” Yuri sighed and lowered her head. Everyone laughed at her reaction except for Jessica. She sat still with a straight face, just like how an ice princess should react.

“Yeah.. Why don’t oppa choose?” Seohyun spoke up softly. Ah, feels good being called ‘oppa’ by these girls. I guess they don’t know that I’m the same age as most of them.

“I choose.. Taeng, I would loveee to see her do it,” I smirked as I winked at Taeyeon. She looked at me with disbelief coloured in her eyes.

“With you,” I shifted my gaze to Tiffany. TaeFany FTW!

“Ugh, don’t you ever call me that again!” Taeyeon raised her voice a little.

“Why can’t oppa call you that? I’m your brother-in-law now, aren’t I?” I snickered as she kept shut. She glared at me as Tiffany went over next to her.

Everyone got hyped as Taeyeon and Tiffany started the game. Now if only I can imagine that the stick wasn’t there. That would be so effin’ hot.

“Now it’s your turn oppa, choose one of us that you want to play with,” Yuri immediately spoke up as the first round ended. I chuckled at her; she seems so eager to get picked.

“I pick…” I smirked as I looked at all their eager faces.

Sunny was clenching her fist in nervousness, Tiffany and Taeyeon were calm as they probably know that I’m not gonna choose them again, Hyoyeon’s eyeballs were gonna pop out, Yuri’s hands were clasped together, Seohyun was just smiling like an angel, Yoona’s attention was on me but her arms were crossed securely and my dear enchanting ice princess, Jessica was just looking at her food and poking it with her chopsticks. How cute.

Now which one shall I choose?

“Hmm, I pick.. you.”