Episode 01

The Arrogant Couple

*Fact: Yongil is ZE:A’s REAL manager.
*Fact: Taeheon's ideal girl is Seohyun.
*Fact: A few ZE:A members did go to ChinChin Radio (Heechul not included.)
*Fact: ZE:A is under Star Empire Entertainment.
*T/N: Hyung means older brother/guy. (For males)
*T/N: Noona means older sister/girl. (For males)
*T/N: Chamkanman means wait.
*T/N: Jeongmal means really.
*T/N: Popo means kiss.


` ` [REMINDER]
It is best if you could read the story and think of it as REALITY.
and as if this is really what went on during the shooting/off-shooting for WGM.
Of course the 'aired' episodes will be WAY cut.
Keep in mind that CHAPTERS are called EPISODES for the feel.
This means that 'non-aired' stories, like behind the scenes, are still called EPISODES.


 ---

EPISODE 01

Place: Star Empire’s Practice Room

Time: 02:39AM

Heechul’s POV

As usual, the kids and I are polishing up our ‘Separation Drip’ dance in the practice room. We’ve been doing this since morning and I think I’m gonna crack soon if this carries on any longer. As we were taking our water break, Yongil hyung came in with a big smile plastered on his face.

“Yah, hyung. Why are you so happy? Did your pay get raised?” I as I sat down next to Siwan.

“Hah, good one, Chul. I think so too,” Siwan laughed as he wiped his sweat.

“Heechul-ah, I think you’ll be really happy when I tell you this,” Yongil came closer to me with an envelope in his hands. All the other members quickly gathered around as he handed it to me.

“Congratulations Jung Heechul of ZE:A. We have chosen you to be in a couple in our variety show “We Got Married”! You will meet your new wife very soon!”

I read out the letter slowly at first but as I got to the ‘We Got Married’ part, I read it in excitement. Everyone was snatching the letter to see it closely with their own eyes. They all couldn’t believe this is happening.. I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING!

“OMO! OMO! OMO!!” I jumped around and took back the letter. All the members hugged me and wished me congrats like as if I was really getting married. That reminds me, I wonder who my wife is.

“Yongil hyung, do you happen to know who my wife is?” I felt weird asking this but hey, I’M ON FREAKIN’ WE GOT MARRIED! WOOHOO!

“Hehe, I do but I can’t tell you,” He teased me. I jumped up and down while holding onto his arm like a little kid, “please, please, please!! Tell me!”

“That’s for me to know, and you to find out~” He stuck out his tongue and kept his mouth shut.

“Alright, boss told me that practice is cut short, now all of you get ready and meet me at the car,” He changed the subject and quickly went out of the practice room. As the others were cleaning up, I sat down and read the letter again and again.

I just couldn’t believe that this is happening to me. I’m just a minor in the variety world but still, I got chosen to be on one of the most popular variety shows in Korea.

“Hyung, who do you think your wife would be?” Dongjun squatted next to me. That question almost made my brain burst. I’m dying to find out who she is.

“I think that she should be an idol too,” Kevin suddenly butted in.

“How would you know? Wait.. do you guys know who she is too?” The thought suddenly hit me, maybe the members know who she is but they’re trying to keep it as a secret from me.

“We don’t know. But judging from the recent couples, your wife should be an idol too,” He answered with a wise tone in his voice. Hmm, that is true.

“OMO! MAYBE IT’S JESSICA!” I suddenly shouted out her name in excitement. The rest of the members looked at me with their eyes wide opened as if I was crazy.

“Bwo? Like as if you guys didn’t know that I like her,” I rolled my eyes to hide my embarrassment.

“Awkward~” Hyungsik giggled.

“Hmph, I doubt it. They already have Seohyun from SNSD, they couldn’t possibly choose another girl from the same girl group again,” Taeheon sighed. He’s never gotten over the fact that Seohyun is ‘married’ to that CN Blue guy. What’s his name again? Shinwoo? Heh.

“Taeyeonnie was on ‘We Got Married’ before, that makes two SNSD girls,” Minwoo spoke up.

“Heh, since when were you close to Taeyeon?” I scoffed as he used ‘-ie’ behind her name.

“Well, since that time we went to Chin Chin Radio of course, I even got her number,” He stuck out his tongue at me. Whatever.

---
Place: ZE:A’s Dormitory.

Time: 04:46AM

I couldn’t fall asleep even if I closed my eyes for a long time. I looked around and the others were already asleep; snoring and some even sleep-talking. But those weren’t the distractions that made me unable to sleep, it was figuring out who my new wife is.

I listed out all the idol girl group members in my head; every single one of them, even the rookie groups. However, Jessica kept popping up in my mind after every name I mentioned. How great would it be if she were my wife? Sigh.

When I was younger, my mother used to tell me that if I wanted something so badly, I have to always think of it. Surely one day, it will come true. So for now, I just have to keep thinking of Jessica and who knows? She might be the one.

“Seohyun-ah.. Have some sweet potatoes.. Yonghwa.. Nooo…” Taeheon was sleep-talking about his dream girl again. It’s pretty odd that both of us are rappers in the group and we both like SNSD girls. Heh.

‘Hmm, Adam Couple, Potato Couple, Khuntoria Couple.. I wonder what our fans are gonna call us?’ I thought to myself. That reminds me, what if the fans don’t like it? What if they don’t like.. me? Sighhh.

I wonder why they chose me out of all the other members and the other idols. ZE:A isn’t that popular and out of the nine members, I don’t actually think that I’m the most popular one either.

‘Hehehe. Maybe they chose me because I’m good-looking. Move aside, baby-face Nichkhun, the exotic Heechul is on his way to the top,’ I snickered to myself. I guess I should get some rest now or else I would be sleepy tomorrow morning. We’ve got such a busy schedule tomorrow.

---

Time: 08:49AM (Next morning)


“Hyung, wake up! Hyung!” That brat woke me up by kicking me in the stomach. I would’ve just woken up by hearing his irritating voice.

“Okay, okay. Hyung’s awake now! Go away..” I sat down on my bed but my eyes were still closed. Suddenly water sprayed onto my face. I quickly stood up and ran after Dongjun.

“Yah! Didn’t you hear me! I said I was already awake!!!” I chased him around the house before he hid behind Yongil.

“Yongil hyung! Heechul hyung’s trying to kill me!” He made a sympathetic voice as he pouted his lips.

“You brat!” I wanted to strangle him but Yongil blocked me. From behind Yongil’s big body, Dongjun was making funny faces at me, making me even mad.

“Heechul-ah. Be more mature, will you?” Yongil held both my shoulders firmly while Dongjun ran away to the kitchen.

“You get ready now, wear something nice. You’re meeting your new wife today,” He smiled at me. My face suddenly lit up as he said that.

“But what about our schedule? Today’s quite hectic..” I sighed, that means twice the work for me.

“You’re gonna film ‘We Got Married’ the whole day, you won’t have time for the other schedules, so hurry up and get changed,” He turned my body around and pushed me into my room. I was so happy to hear that, so today’s gonna be the first shooting!

---

I’ve been picking out so many clothes from the hangers but none were satisfying for me. I have to make the best first impression when I meet my wife for the first time.

“Do you need help?” I could recognize this person’s voice from behind me. He’s exactly the person who can help me.

“Siwan hyung! Yeah, I need some help finding something nice to wear. Today’s the first shooting,” I tried to make it sound nice and not as if I was bragging about it.

“Hmm, I think this and this would be really nice,” He held up a pair of shorts and a furry vest.

“Erm.. I don’t think that would fit me well..” I chuckled as he held both of it up.

“Oh, this is for me. For you.. now let me see,” I sighed in relief as he said that. For a second there, I really thought that he wanted me to wear that.

---


The WGM crew picked me up from our dorm and drove me to somewhere. I asked them where we were going and who my wife is but they simply shrugged their shoulders and told me that I would find out as soon as we reached.

My heart was beating so fast and I kept checking the mirror to see if my hair was in place. However, as we reached a building, I was surrounded by a lot of stylist noonas and they pulled me to a seat. They started putting some make-up on my face and a few worked on my hair. After they were done, they pulled me to a changing room and handed me some really nice clothes to wear.

It happened so fast that I wasn’t even able to say a word to them, not that I wanted to since they were doing a really good job. After I was completely done with my look, I went over to the dressing mirror.

“Hey good-looking,” I winked at my reflection. Just then I noticed a few stylist noonas, who were standing behind me, swooned a little. Hehe, must be my charms.

“Heechul, right? What are you still doing here? Off to Gimpo airport now!” A man whom I assume is one of the PD crew brought me into another car. As soon as he closed the door, the car drove off. Gimpo airport? Is my wife waiting for me there?

---


Place: Gimpo International Airport

Time: 11:13AM

“Your wife will be arriving soon, she just came back from Japan. Wait for her here and pretend that there are no cameras around,” A PD noona told me this as soon as we reached the airport. I did as she told. I stood still like some pabo; just staring at the arrival belt, waiting for someone familiar to appear.

‘Wait, shouldn’t I give her a gift? Like how Nichkhun gave Victoria a nice tiara?’ I thought to myself. Since I’m supposed to pretend the cameras aren’t around, I simply went off to search for a nice gift for my wife without informing anyone of my intentions. As expected, the camera crew followed me around without a sound. Almost like ninjas. Hehe.

“Oppa! What are you filming??” Suddenly a few school girls walked next to me, making me a little startled. I assume that they’re fangirls of ZE:A.

“Erm, it’s a surprise~” I teased them and walked even faster. I finally found a gift shop and bought the first thing that caught my eye. A cute stuffed animal toy. Perfect, she’ll definitely like it.

I went back to the same spot to wait for her to arrive but after a long wait, she still didn’t come out.

‘Maybe she’s fixing her make-up..’ I thought to myself. I looked around and the camera crew was still filming so I guess she should be coming out soon.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m ZE:A’s Heechul… I’m Heechul. I’m Jung Heechul, not Kim Heechul..” I practiced my introduction to myself. However, I still couldn’t get the right one.

“I got this for you.. I got you a gift.. Take this.. It might look cheap but I bought it with my own money.. For my lovely wife.. GAHH,” I was going nuts by myself.

---

Time: 19:37PM

It’s been a few hours now and she STILL hasn’t come out yet. How long does she need to put on her make-up or whatever?!

My left eye has been twitching involuntarily for a while now and my mind was going blank. I turned around and saw the camera crew still filming. Okayy, if they can endure this, then so can I!

“Excuse me, do you happened to be..” Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder from behind. It was Nayoung noona!

“ZE:A’s Heechul? Jung Heechul? Not Kim Heechul? Uhh.. Yes, I am,” I think I might’ve sounded a little loony there. However, I managed to calm myself down and act cool.

“I’m your.. *giggles* wife,” She covered her face with her hands and acted shy. Heh, who does she think I am? Nichkhun or something? I’ve watched that episode before!

I decided to play along with her and pretended as if I believed her, “Oh, jeongmal? Annyonghaseyo noona.”

“Here, I got my lovely wife a gift~” I gave her the cute toy but her happy expression seems forced.

“You got me a.. cow?” She looked at the toy and faked a smile. I nodded happily, “Yup, cows are cute. Just like noona.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet. Can I have a hug?” She wanted to hug me but I moved a step backwards, “Wae? What’s wrong?”

“Well, aren’t we a married couple now? Instead of hugging, why don’t we.. popo instead?” I by making my seductive voice and making a popo sound.

“OMOOOOO~ I can’t take this anymore, this kid really knows how to charm girls~” Her face turned red as she looked away from me. Hah, gets the ladies every time.

“Noona~ Did you really think your trick is gonna work the second time?” I chuckled.

“Well, they say that second time’s the charm~ Heehee~” She laughed out loud and hit my arm hard. Ouh..

“Anyways, I’ll be going off now. Your wife should be coming any time soon~ Good luck!” She gave me back the cow and went away.

Just as I turned back to face the arrival belt, nine gorgeous girls came out. They were shining like stars in the sky and my stomach was getting tighter as each of them came out from the belt.

Sunny, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Yuri, Seohyun, Yoona and the most enchanting member, Jessica!

My legs were shaking and my jaw wouldn’t shut. God has answered my prayers; one of these gorgeous ladies will be my wife. Now which one is she?

“Annyonghaseyo! Annyonghaseyo! Annyonghaseyo!” I think I greeted each member at least three times. Gosh, I better cut this out or else they might think I’m some crazy fanboy!

“Annyong~” Sunny was the only one who greeted me back but nonetheless, they’re too pretty to be despised.

“No pictures please, we’re not wearing make-up,” Taeyeon covered her face with her palm as I walked around them. Okay, that’s it. They officially think that I’m some kind of fanboy.

When I saw Jessica, my heart skipped a beat. I literally froze on the spot while they were just walking away from me.

“So Nyuh Shi Dae! Chakaman! Chakaman!” I ran after them. They turned their heads at the same time and then fastened their pace. Gosh, didn’t they hear me?

I grabbed hold of Tifanny’s shoulder as she was the slowest. Unexpectedly, she let out a scream and began hitting me with her head cushion.

“Ouh. I’m. Ouh. Jung. Ouh. Heechul. Ouh. From ZE:A!!” I tried to introduce myself while she was constantly hitting me on my head.

“Wait, what did you say?” By this time, the other SNSD girls were already gathered around.

“Yah! I said I’m Jung Heechul from ZE:A,” I grabbed the head cushion from her. They looked at me with their arms crossed like as if I had said something wrong. Darn, I did say something wrong. Good job, Heechul. You’ve just made a bad first impression in front of your dream girls.

“I’m sorry, let me repeat that. Annyonghaseyo So Nyuh Shi Dae sunbaenim! I’m Jung Heechul from ZE:A!” I bowed politely and smiled at them.

“Jung Heechul? Oh so you’re the lucky guy, huh?” Sooyoung stepped up and chuckled. Is she my wife or something?

“Are.. you my wife?” I asked her as she stood in front of me. Even though I was taller than her, her height was still intimidating me.

“Sure, I’ll be your wife~” She giggled. I’ll take that as a ‘no’. So 1 girl down and 8 more to go. Wait, no. Make it 3 girls down and 6 to go. Seohyun is already ‘married’ to Shinwoo and Taeyeon was already in WGM.

“May I know which one of you girls is my ‘wife’?” I asked politely again, afraid that I might offend them in any way.

“You’re cute~” Sunny walked around me and giggled.

“Thanks, I think you’re cute too,” I smirked.

“Uhh.. Not that I’m trying to flirt here, I’m just returning a compliment,” I quickly added on so that the others won’t think of me as some flirtatious guy.

“Which one of us do you want as your ‘wife’?” Hyoyeon brought up the question.

‘Jessica, of course!’ I thought to myself.

“Hmm,” I tapped my chin twice and looked at each one of their faces. Somehow, all of them looked eager to be chosen.

“Where’s.. Jessica?” I asked as I noticed that she wasn’t around.

“Hmm, you’re right. I think she went to the car already, let’s all go now!” Yuri spoke up and everyone continued walking. I stood still, wondering whether I should follow them or just rot here.

“Come on, silly~ We’re gonna eat dinner, and then we’ll tell you which one of us is the one~” Sunny linked her arm onto mine and pulled me along with the rest of the girls.

‘Woohoo, score~ Dinner with 9 fine ladies~ Hehehe,’ I thought to myself as we went to the carpark. I turned around and as expected, the camera crew followed us like ninjas.