Episode 03

The Arrogant Couple

EPISODE 03

Jessica’s POV

If this Heechul guy picks me, then it’s official; he does like me. This is the perfect opportunity for him to choose me so that he could play the Pocky Game with his ideal girl. There’s no way he would put this to waste.

While the other girls were looking at him with eagerness in their eyes, I decided to be different and pretended as if I couldn’t be bothered with his decision. That might catch his attention a little more.

“Hmm, I pick.. you,” Even though I didn’t look up, I could sense that it was directed towards me.

‘Hah, I knew it. I was right, he did pick me,’ I grinned to myself as I looked at him. However, his attention was at Sunny instead. Wait, what went wrong here?

Even though nobody knew what I was thinking, I blushed to myself. The thought of him actually choosing me was so embarrassing. I guess he’s starting to like Sunny instead; maybe it’s her bright and cute personality that’s attracting him.

“I’m just kidding, I pick Jessica,” Involuntarily, my head turned sharply to face him when he said that. Gosh, this isn’t the reaction I was supposed to give him.

---


Heechul’s POV

“Surprised that I picked you, princess?” I teased Jessica. She had probably thought that I didn’t see her blushing there. She knew that I was gonna choose her and I did want to, but I just had to twist it a little to make it more interesting.

“Bwo?! You just played me!” Sunny hit my chest lightly and pouted.

“Mian~” I stuck out my tongue at her playfully. Before she could hit me again, I got on my feet and went next to Jessica. All the girls gathered around us as Tiffany handed me a Pocky stick.

“This won’t hurt a bit,” I teased Jessica as she was shutting her eyes tightly.

“I know that,” She glared at me. I chuckled at her reaction; I love it when girls play hard-to-get.

I placed the tip of the Pocky stick in my mouth and moved my head closer to hers. However, instead of biting the other end, she simply moved her head away from it.

“Oh, come on, Jessica! He’s your husband, there’s nothing to be embarrassed about!” Sooyoung shouted in excitement, “OOPS!”

“OMO! I KNEW IT!” I took out the Pocky stick from my mouth and rejoiced.

“Way to go, Sooyoung-ah~” Hyoyeon sighed as she pat Sooyoung’s back.

‘OMO! OMO! OMO! YES! YES! YES! I knew it all along, Jessica and I are meant to be together. This is fate!’ I thought excitedly in my head.

“Okay, cut! Now Heechul and Jessica will take a walk in the garden. Both of you will talk more about yourselves and the rest of you girls will head home now,” The same PD noona interrupted us with more scripted crap. At least this way, Jessica and I will get some time alone.

“Aww, alright~ See ya Heechul oppa,”

“Yeah, see ya oppa,”

“We’ll visit some other time, good night oppa,”

All the other girls had left and only two of us remained at the restaurant. We were brought to the garden, where there were small fountains, flowers and nice pathways.

---


Jessica’s POV

We walked around the garden in silence. Both of us didn’t know what to say to each other. I took a short glance at him, he was walking with his hands in his pockets and whistling a familiar tune.

“So.. From today onwards, we’re a married couple..” He stopped whistling and tried to start a conversation with me.

“Yeah..” I answered him softly. I seriously have no clue about him so there’s nothing to really talk about.

“Here, I got you this..” He took out a small toy cow from his back and gave it to me, “I hope you like it..”

“Thanks, Heechul, it’s lovely,” I gave him a soft smile.

‘A cow? This guy is so.. weird.’ I thought to myself as I examined the toy. Suddenly he grabbed my armed tightly, making me stop abruptly in my tracks.

“Bwo?” I looked at him but his attention was on the ground.

“You almost stepped on a frog..” Immediately after he said that, I screamed and began jumping. I despise frogs, they’re so slimy!

“Hahaha, I’m just kidding~” He stuck out his tongue at me as if he had planned this all along. I glared at him but he simply fastened his pace as if to avoid my rage.

“Yah!” I shouted at his back, making him stop in his tracks.

“Hmm?” He turned and looked around before looking directly at me.

“You should keep your noise level down, your bark might be enjoyable to me but a nuisance to others,” He then placed his index finger on his lips and winked at me.

“Bwo? What did you say?!” I tried to keep my cool but truthfully, I was really mad. No guy has ever talked to me like this!

Instead of answering me, he simply smirked and continued walking forward with his hands in his pockets while whistling that tune again.

‘Gosh, I can’t believe this guy! He’s so full of himself! Does he think that if he carries on like this, then I’d actually fall for him? Pfft.’ I looked around and the camera crew were still filming. Once they off the cameras, I’m so gonna do massive damage to that arrogant boy.

---

Heechul’s POV

After the short walk with my lovely wife, we did some solo confession cams in an empty room. They asked me a lot of questions about Jessica and I answered all of them truthfully. I wonder what she said about me. Guess I’ll just have to watch the first broadcast to find out.

Yongil hyung picked me up from the restaurant while Jessica got sent home by the WGM crew. I left when she was still doing her confession cam, so I didn’t get the chance to kiss her goodnight. Kidding. I didn’t get to say my goodbye to her.

---

Place: ZE:A’s dorm

Time: 02:43AM

The PD crew told Jessica and me that we would be moving into a small apartment tomorrow morning for the second shooting. From watching the other WGM episodes, usually new couples don’t move into a house so soon. I guess the PD crew really like us or something.

“Heh, you’re smirking to yourself, you must’ve had a great time, huh?” Taeheon and I were the only ones still awake this late. He had agreed on helping me to pack some of my belongings for tomorrow.

“Yeah, I did.. Jessica is really beautiful,” I sighed pleasingly to myself. My mind was still playing back what had happened before. It’s like a dream come true for me.

“You’re so lucky, Chul. I really wish I was you,” He sighed and continued folding my clothes into a bag.

“I know. I’m handsome and I have a beautiful wife, who could ask for more?” I smirked to myself.

Just then, I noticed that Taeheon’s head was lowered and my heart suddenly felt heavy. I didn’t mean to hurt him in any way.

“It’s okay, buddy. You’ll get your chance some day, you’re awesome and talented,” I pat his back and gave him a warm smile. All of us have been training together for so long; I know it must be really hard when you’re the most underrated member.

“Thanks, Chul. Let’s get some sleep now, tomorrow’s a long day for you,” He looked up and smiled back at me. Then he did some of his usual aegyo and tucked me into bed. He’s really such a great friend brother.


---

Place: New apartment

Time: 07:51AM

Jessica’s POV

Another day, another shooting, another encounter with that arrogant boy my husband. When I arrived at our dorm yesterday night, the girls had already packed my bag and went to sleep. Since I was dead tired, I had decided to trust them and just went to sleep without checking what they had packed.

When I reached the new apartment, Heechul had still not arrived yet so I went in first to check things out. We live on the 9th floor, probably because of the number of members we both have.

I decided to unpack my belongings in my room. Since there’s two room, Heechul can have one while I have this one. As I opened my bag, I was shocked to find tons of Heechul pictures occupying almost half my luggage.

“So this is what the girls were up to, huh?” I talked to myself, then I realized that the camera crew were filming everything.

‘D4mn, this means that Heechul would see this too when this episode airs,’ I thought to myself.

“Missed me, princess?” Suddenly I heard a husky voice coming from behind me.

‘Omo, it must be Heechul! I can’t let him see all of these pictures of him! He might think that I’m some kind of girl who’s so obsessed with him!’ I thought to myself as I closed my luggage securely.

“Hmm? What are you hiding in your luggage?” He asked as he stood next to me.

“Nothing, just some personal belongings,” I faked a smile.

“Hmm,” He rubbed his chin and looked at me suspiciously, “Must be those things you wear under your clothes, right? Hah, okay. I’ll go take my belongings too and unpack it here.”

“NO! Your room is next door, this is my room,” I warned him before he left.

“What other room?” He paused a while before continuing, “Oh, you mean the store room? I don’t think so. I’m sleeping here~”

He smirked as he left and almost immediately, he came back into the room with his bag. It wasn’t that big compared to mine. Sigh, I probably look like some pabo who’s too excited to move into a new house that I brought so many things.

I went out of the room with my luggage as he unpacked his stuff. I need to discard these pictures first before he sees them.

---


Heechul’s POV

I grinned as I slowly ped my bag. I had bought her some chocolates on the way here. I know girls love it when guys give them chocolates.

However, when I opened my bag, I found an unfamiliar-looking box lying on top of my other belongings. I took it out to examine it closely when I suddenly noticed that it was a newly packed box of condoms!

“OH FXCK!” My mouth involuntarily cussed out loud. To make things worse, it had ‘EXTRA LARGE’ plastered hugely on it.

I was really furious, who would pull such a dirty trick me?! I can’t let Jessica find out about this or else she might think that I’m some kind of sicko.

‘It must be Taeheon! He must’ve slipped it into my bag yesterday night! He must’ve envied me so much and decided to pull this trick on me to make me look bad!’ I shouted angrily in my head. I thought I trusted him like my own brother but I guess I was just too naive.

“What happened?” Suddenly Jessica came into the room. Immediately, I faced her with my hands behind my back, still holding onto the box.

“What’s that you’re hiding, huh?” She came closer to me, as if trying to get back at me for teasing her just now.

“Nothing, just some personal belongings,” I lied to her, hoping that she would go away.

“Joker, stop teasing me and let me see what you got there,” She quickly tried to reach her hands behind my back. Unconsciously, I kept moving backwards until I hit the edge of the bed. As I fell backwards onto the bed, she accidentally fell on top of me too.

By involuntary action, I took out my hands to support her shoulders so that she wouldn’t fall directly on me. Unfortunately, the box fell onto the bed right beside me and she grabbed it with her free hands.

“OH. MY. GOD!”