Choosing the right path

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-VRnB8Qn4

Wax- Tears are Falling

-----

Ever since that breathtaking kiss, Yoonhee and Sehun had become awkward. Their relationship had taken a strange turn, and they seemed to only be growing more distant every day. They couldn’t even look at each other without becoming uncomfortable.

Yoonhee finished her muffin and jogged up the staircase. She stopped when she saw Sehun heading downstairs.

They both paused and stared at each other. The awkwardness was back, and they avoided each other’s eyes.

Yoonhee cleared and ascended the stairs. Sehun slowly began to descend also.

They met in the middle and glimpsed at each other. “Sorry.” They awkwardly mumbled and moved to the same side.

*Again?* They thought.

Yoonhee bit her lower lip as Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Um, I’ll go the other way.” She offered. He nodded, “Okay.”

Yoonhee gave him a meek smile, stepped to the side, and hurried upstairs.

Red-faced, Sehun slinked downstairs. “Have a muffin, Sehun!” Mrs. Oh called. “Not hungry. I’m going to school early.” He closed the door behind him and left for school.

Yoonhee locked herself in her room and sighed in relief. Her face fell when she realized how uneasy they had become in the presence of each other. *We used to be so comfortable and happy.* She thought with a frown. Shaking her head, she squared her shoulders and marched to her closet to prepare for work.

----

During break time, Yoonhee took a leisure stroll throughout the school. Students greeted her as she passed by. She smiled and nodded in acknowledgement. *I wonder what Sehun is doing right now. Is he playing basketball? I hope he won’t hurt himself again.*

At that same moment, Sehun and his friends were sitting next to the vending machines chatting loudly. Sehun didn’t join in the conversation though. His mind and heart were miles away. *This morning was so awkward. It’s my fault. I should have acted comfortably around her. Then she would relax around me also. Stupid Oh Sehun.* A heavy sigh escaped his lips.

“Oh! There’s Yoon Yoon noona! NOONA!” Chanyeol waved his arms.

Sehun turned around. Yoonhee stopped walking and looked up. Smiling, she waved at her biggest fan.

“Hi, Miss Kim!” D.O., Baekhyun, and Suho bowed. “Yo!” Kai waved also.

Yoonhee chuckled and waved at all of them. Chanyeol elbowed Sehun. “Yah, aren’t you going to say hi?” He paused then slowly lifted up his hand. Her smile slowly disappeared. *It’s so awkward. When will this wedge between us go away?* With a small smile, she walked away.

*Noona.* Sehun stood up, but it was too late. Yoonhee was gone.

“I need to use the restroom.” Suho left. “Me, too!” D.O. got up. “I’m coming!” Baekhyun hollered.

“You copycats! Don’t follow me!” Suho ran away with D.O., Baekhyun, and Kai chasing after him.

Sehun got up but was stopped by Chanyeol. His usual cheerful façade was replaced by seriousness that was unsuited for him. “Is something going on between you and Yoonhee noona? Did you two fight?” “It’s not like that.” Sehun gently pushed his arm away and left the scene. *We kissed, and we don’t know how to make up for that. If I had known the kiss would have driven us apart, I wouldn’t have dared done so. I just want Yoonhee noona back.*

Yoonhee came back into the office and sat at her desk. A rapid tap made her look up. Kiwoo smiled. “A penny for your thought.”

Yoonhee chuckled. “It’s a worthless thought. No need to give up a penny just for that.”

Kiwoo sat beside her. “Are you free tomorrow night?”

“Tomorrow…?” Yoonhee questioned.

Kiwoo nodded. “I have two tickets to a musical. Apparently, it’s a famous one. I got the tickets right before they sold out.”

“A musical…” Yoonhee nodded in thought.

“Do you…want to come with me?” He asked. She blinked at him.

Kiwoo held his hands out. “I’m not giving you pressure. I just want to know if you want to go see a musical with a sunbae who has treated you coffee every single day.” Yoonhee couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, if you put it that way…” She smiled sincerely. “I would love to go to a musical with you.” Kiwoo grinned. “Great. See you tomorrow night.”

Sehun walked into the empty classroom. He sat at his desk and let out a tired sigh. He was about to take his math book out when someone covered his eyes. *What the heck?* “Guess who?” Someone giggled. Sehun relaxed. “Inhee.” “Aww, man. You got me.” She pulled away with a cute pout. “It was obvious.” He chuckled weakly. “I have to work on my ninja skills.” Inhee giggled and sat in front of him. “Are you going to the basketball game tomorrow night?”

“What basketball game?” Sehun blinked.

“Oh Sehun! How can you do this to me?” She pretended to be appalled. “I gave you the tickets to the basketball game, and you forgot!” *Oh crap.* He ducked his head and winced. “S-Sorry…I’ve had a lot of things on my mind lately.”

Inhee chuckled. “I’m just kidding. I know you’ve been preoccupied with the final basketball tournament, which I will definitely be there to root for you.”

“Thanks.” Sehun smiled.

“If you’re so grateful…” Inhee carefully traced the chair and peeked up at him. “Will you take me to the basketball game with you tomorrow?”

Sehun blinked at her, taken aback by her request. “I was actually waiting for you to ask me…but since you didn’t…I took the initiative. I was going to be mad if you took another girl, but all is forgiven since you forgot about the tickets.” Inhee chuckled.

Sehun averted his gaze to the floor. He had initially planned to take Yoonhee but with the way things were between them now, he highly doubted taking her to a basketball game would be any less awkward.

“Unless, you know, you don’t want me to come.” She mumbled. He softened. “No, Inhee. I had no one to take anyways. We can go together.”

Inhee clapped her hands with glee. “Then I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Yeah…tomorrow…” Sehun wasn’t excited at all.

-----

That night, the Oh family and Yoonhee gathered for dinner.

“Can you pass me the napkin please?” Yoonhee timidly asked. Sehun reached over, grabbed a couple napkins, and handed them to her. “Thank you.” She whispered. “You’re welcome.” He replied.

Mrs. Oh giggled all of a sudden, causing everyone to stare at her. “What is with the formalities? Just act like you two have always acted before!”

Yoonhee and Sehun looked at each other. They looked away and sighed at the same time. *I wish we can.*

“Anyways,” Mrs. Oh delicately wiped her lips with the napkin. “What is everyone doing tomorrow night?”

“Why?” Mr. Oh asked.

“So we can go to a family dinner. I heard there is a new steak restaurant in Yangju. Why don’t we go dine there tomorrow night?” Mrs. Oh suggested.

“I’m sorry. I have plans tomorrow night, but you can all go together without me.” Yoonhee politely declined. Sehun stared at her and wondered if she was just making an excuse so that they didn’t have to be together.

“Can’t you cancel it, dear?” Mrs. Oh asked.

Yoonhee shook her head. “I’ve decided to go watch a musical with Kiwoo sunbae.” “The coach?” Mr. Oh blinked.

Sehun gaped at Yoonhee, and she could feel the heat of his stare on her skin. “Mmhmm. So, I’m sorry.” She smiled uncomfortably and avoided all eye contact with Sehun. *She’s seriously going out with him? What about me? What about the damn kiss we shared?! I know she felt something, too!* Sehun thought, outraged.

“Pity.” Mrs. Oh frowned in disappointment and turned to Sehun. “What about you?”

Sehun looked at her and said in a cold voice. “I have plans, too.” He glanced at Yoonhee. “I’m going out with Inhee.”

Yoonhee stopped eating. Her eyes widened. *Inhee?* Slowly, she turned her head and stared at Sehun.

Sehun didn’t even give her a second glance. “I’m done eating. If I may be excused…” He grabbed his still-full plate, tossed it into the sink, and left the room.

“Tsk, everyone has dates tomorrow!” Mrs. Oh pouted. “We can go on our own date then, hone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter