Party

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZM11tGmWgk

Sung Shi Kyung- You are my Spring

-----

Friday night, the whole family gathered for dinner.

“By the way, Sehun, do you have any plans for tomorrow” Mr. Oh asked.

“I was planning to go watch a basketball game with my friends.” He replied.

“Cancel it.” Mr. Oh directed. Sehun stopped eating and stared at his father. “But dad-“

“There is a party tomorrow night that we must all attend.” Mr. Oh informed.

“Party?” Sehun asked quizzically. “You know the annual business ball.” Mrs. Oh beamed, thrilled. She absolutely adored parties.

“Oh, no. Not again.” Sehun groaned while covering his face.

“Now, Sehun. You know this party is very important for your father. It can perhaps make or break his career.” Mrs. Oh softly chided.

Sehun sighed and grumbled something incoherently under his breath.

“You’ll come, won’t you?” Mrs. Oh asked. “He doesn’t have a choice.” Mr. Oh eyed him.

Sehun sighed heavily. “I will, on one condition.” He shot his father a look. “You can’t force me to dance with your boss’s daughter.”

Mr. Oh blinked, too innocently. “Me? Why would I make you do that?”

“To get on your boss’s good side, of course!” Sehun tossed his chopsticks on the table and groaned. “Dad, no offense, but I really don’t want to dance with Hyunjoo. She’s so weird, and she likes to touch me in inappropriate places.”

“Now, now. Hyunjoo is a perfectly sweet and normal girl.” Mr. Oh appeased him.

Sehun narrowed his eyes. “Dad. She d my last year while blabbering about aliens waiting to rage war on Earth for solar power.” He heard a chortle besides him and turned his head. Yoonhee bit her lower lip with a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry. I’ll keep quiet.” She pretended to zip her lips and focused her attention on the chicken soup in front of her

. Sehun sighed. “Seriously, dad, you can’t feed me to the sharks just to boost your way up the career ladder.”

“Okay, okay. I won’t force you to dance with her this year.” Mr. Oh nodded.

“Good.” Sehun said in content. Mr. Oh carefully eyed him, “But, you know, if she asks…”

“DAD!” Sehun angrily glared at him. “Okay, okay! Sheesh!” Mr. Oh ducked his head. He heard Yoonhee quietly laughed beside him.

“Not funny, noona.” Sehun mumbled. “Sorry, Sehun.” Yoonhee patted his shoulder.

“You know, Yoonhee. You should come with us this year.” Mrs. Oh invited. Sehun and Yoonhee stared at her. “M-me?” She asked, taken aback. Mrs. Oh smiled and nodded. “Yes, you like parties, don’t you? It will be wonderful!” “I-I do like parties,” Yoonhee glanced at Sehun uncertainly then bit her bottom lip. “But I don’t think I should attend.”

“Why not?” Mrs. Oh’s face fell. “I’m not part of the family.” Yoonhee replied.

Mrs. Oh softened. “Oh sweetie, you are part of the family. You always have been.” She turned to her husband, “She can come, can’t she?” He sipped his glass of water and nodded. “I don’t see why not. I’ll let the company know that they should add one more person to the guest list.”

Yoonhee shook her head. “Oh, no. I don’t want to be a burden-“

“Nonsense! It wouldn’t be a burden at all! Besides, we can go dress shopping together and get our hair done tomorrow!” Mrs. Oh giggled.

Mr. Oh brightened. “Yes, Yoonhee! You must go! That way, I don’t have to join her!” Mrs. Oh rolled her eyes but smiled.

“Okay, if you insist.” Yoonhee chuckled. Sehun stared at her, dumbfounded. *Noona joining the party?*

After dessert, they headed upstairs.

“So, you’re really going to the party?” Sehun asked. Yoonhee nodded. “I think I will. Besides,” She gave him a knowing smile and crossed her arms. “I’m really curious about this Hyunjoo. What does she look like?”

Sehun turned red. “Noona! Are you teasing me?!”

“Of course not.” Yoonhee winked and walked to her door. She paused in the front and turned back. “Are you…okay with me coming along?” He glanced back at her.

“I’m not imposing on you, am I?” Yoonhee asked worriedly. Sehun softened and shook his head. “Of course not. It would be nice if you came along. You can protect me from Hyunjoo then.”

Yoonhee laughed. “I’ll try my best. Good night, Sehun.”

“Good night, noona.” He replied. She gave him one last smile before closing the door. With a happy sigh, he went into his room.

Sehun sat on the bed and lay down on his back. He locked his fingers behind his head and looked up at the ceiling in wonder. *This will be our first formal party together. I mean, ever since we’ve grown up anyways. I wonder what exciting drama tomorrow will bring.* His lips curled upwards into an expectant smile.

----

Early the next morning, Mrs. Oh whisked Yoonhee away to the mall. Ever since then, Sehun hadn’t caught a glimpse of her. Mr. Oh and Sehun arrived at the hotel room first. *Damn, mom. How long are you planning on staying at the salon?* Sehun wondered, bored out of his mind. He forced a smile as he greeted some of his father’s cohorts.

Mr. Oh glanced at his watch and sighed impatiently. “Why is your mother running late? We can’t go in without her. Sehun, call your mom.”

“She won’t reply.” He answered.

“Then call Yoonhee.” Mr. Oh commanded.

Sehun took out his phone. “Wait a minute. I see them.” Mr. Oh said.

*Finally.* Sehun tucked his phone in his pocket, straightened up, and prepared to give his mother a lecture. “How long does it take to get ready-“ *HOLY MARY.*

A goddess in pink was striding towards him. She met eyes with him, and her glossy lips curved upwards. His heart thumped faster with every step she took towards him. *She looks…gorgeous.* He didn’t notice, but he had been ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter