Why is my heart beating this way?

Crushing on You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9HSfr8REs

Boa- Only One

-----

Before anyone knew it, it was February, and February meant Valentine’s Day. On that lovely day, hearts were in the air, and romance spread out like warm butter. The lovey-dovey atmosphere affected everyone in the school. Yoonhee had forgotten about Valentine’s Day until she arrived at school and saw the heart balloons and heart-shaped boxes of sweet chocolate.

Yoonhee halted abruptly and looked up.

“Minwoo-ah.” A shy sophomore girl held out a box of candies. “Take it. It’s my Valentine’s Day gift. The truth is…I like you, Minwoo.”

The sophomore boy’s face lit up with a big smile. “R-really?”

She smiled and nodded back. “Well…thank you.” He took the candy.

They gazed at each other with timid, secretive smiles on their faces.

Yoonhee wrapped her arms around herself with a cozy smile. *Aww, that’s so cute. I remember when I was in high school I confessed to a football player. We went to Homecoming together. That was a fun time.*

“YOON YOON NOONA! YOON YOON NOONA!” A familiar deep, loud voice called out. Yoonhee turned out. Chanyeol came to an abrupt stop and covered his mouth. “Oops. I forgot. I can’t call you that here.” He sheepishly giggled. She laughed. “It’s all right.”

Chanyeol beamed, glad that she was such a forgiving person. “You’re at school early.”

“I should say that about you. I have to come early because I’m an employee.” Yoonhee checked the time. “There is still fifteen minutes before class begins.”

“I came early to see you~” He purred as he leaned in with a charming smile, desiring to be .

“Aww, you always have the nicest thing to say, Chanyeol.” Yoonhee beamed and patted his curly head.

“Don’t do that. You’ll give him a bad habit.” Someone said. They looked up to see the rest of his friends.

“If you give in so easily, he’ll keep asking you to touch him, noona.” Kai clucked his tongue.

Chanyeol whacked his arm with a frown. “What?! Bad habits?! Petting?! I’m not some kind of pet! Hmpf! And also, it’s Miss Kim, not noona at school you dope-head!”

“Whatever.” Kai shrugged. Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him.

“Good morning, teacher~” The golden trio beamed with a bow.

“Good morning, boys.” Yoonhee smiled graciously. She turned her head and met eyes with Sehun. They had briefly met each other while running to the bathroom this morning. She gave him a nod and a smile.

“We see each other again.” Sehun chuckled. Yoonhee laughed along.

“Do you know what today is?” Chanyeol asked. “I just found out. It’s Valentine’s Day.” Yoonhee stated.

“You JUST found out?!” He gawked at her. “Yeah…” She embarrassingly bit her lower lip.

“Noona, I mean teacher, don’t you have a boyfriend?” D.O. blinked. Sehun stiffened at the mention of the word ‘boyfriend’. “Yeah, how can you forget such an important date for your boyfriend?!” Suho laughed.

“That might be because I don’t have one.” Yoonhee mused. “It’s confirmed! You’re single!” Chanyeol celebrated. Yoonhee gave him a quizzical look but smiled at his silliness. *Yes!* Sehun silently cheered in his mind.

One high school girl walked into the crowd. “I’m sorry to bother, but Chanyeol oppa, this is for you. Happy Valentine’s Day.” She held out the box of chocolates. “Thank you~” He grinned with a y wink. The girl almost fainted and walked away to her friends share the fact that Park Chanyeol had winked at her.

“I thought you don’t date girls in your own school.” Suho raised an eyebrow. “Pfft. I’m not going to date her. I just accepted her chocolates. It’s rude if you don’t.” Chanyeol opened the box and popped a piece of milk chocolate in his mouth. He looked up and saw six pairs of eyes staring at him.

Chanyeol blinked then stretched out the box of chocolates. “Want some?”

“No, thanks.” Everyone replied. Sehun rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“You boys should go get ready for class.” Yoonhee said. “Okay. See you later, Miss Kim!” Chanyeol waved.

“Bye!” Suho, D.O., and Baekhyun waved also. “Later.” Kai saluted. The five of them walked away.

Yoonhee noticed that someone was missing in the crowd and turned her head. Sehun came to a slow stop in front of her. “Did you really forget that it was Valentine’s Day?” “I did…” Yoonhee nodded and sighed with exaggeration. “That just shows you how boring and pathetic my love life is.” Sehun grinned. “Nah, noona. You’re cool. So no plans today?”

“Probably not.” She shrugged. “Then should we celebrate with ramen and crepes tonight?” He asked.

“Celebrate my single, boring life? Sure, why not? I have nothing better to do.” Yoonhee chuckled, but her smile faded soon. “Wait…won’t you have plans today?”

“What plans? It’s Valentine’s Day. If you forgot noona, only girls confess today.” Sehun smiled teasingly.

“Yes, I know, but…” *I know you’re popular. Some girls are bound to confess to you. Won’t you want to spend time with them and not me?* Yoonhee wondered.

The bell rang, snatching her out of her thoughts.

“See you later, noona.” Sehun waved.

“Bye.” Yoonhee waved and watched him go to class. Hugging her books with a sigh of content, she walked to the office.

-------------------

It was lunchtime, and Yoonhee brought her lunch into the staff room. She greeted her fellow colleagues and sat at an empty, round table. Soon enough, Kiwoo joined her. He sat on the chair next to her, planted his elbow on the table, and held out a demanding palm. Yoonhee blinked at him, not understanding what he wanted.

“Give it to me.” He said with a poker-face. “Give what to you, sunbae?” She questioned.

“You know what.” He stated ambiguously. She glanced around the room, hoping it would give her a hint. *Is it his birthday? I don’t think so.*

His face fell. “Omo. You really forgot, didn’t you?” “Forgot what?!” Yoonhee questioned.

“It’s Valentine’s Day.” Kiwoo stated. Yoonhee began to laugh. “I know that!”

“Then where is my gift?” He blinked.

“Ohhh…so that’s what you wanted. For a second, I thought it was your birthday!” She giggled.

Kiwoo gave her a look. “Don’t just laugh. You really didn’t get me anything?” Yoonhee shut and attempted to stop the bubble of laughter spilling from her lips. “I’m sorry, sunbae. I didn’t prepare a gift.”

“Huh. So you weren’t joking.” Kiwoo sat back in his seat, pretending to sulk. “Psh. I got you a Valentine’s Day gift two years ago.”

Yoonhee softened. “I remember, sunbae.”

“But you forgot to get me one today. I guess I don’t mean much to you.” Kiwoo sighed.

“Sunbae, don’t say that~ Of course you do.” Yoonhee argued.

He quickly turned to her with a dazzling smile. “Then buy me coffee after school, yeah?” She crossed her arms with a suspicious look. “This time, you’ll let me pay, right?”

“Of course.” He grinned mischievously.

“You better let me, or no more coffee outings!” Yoonhee wagged her finger.

Kiwoo caught it with a soft smile. “Then I better let you buy me coffee this time because I wouldn’t want that to happen.”

She blushed, “Sunbae…” “Let’s eat!” He began to dig into his food.

--------

Sehun ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter