Love

Why?

Donghae was locking up since he was the last to leave. The day's events were something he hadn't expected. Hyukjae finding him. In his own café. 

 
Ever since he came back from America two years ago, he had decided to set up his own café, something that he had always wanted to do if he hadn't gone into the teaching profession. 
 
He hadn't expected to meet Hyukjae or for him to be remembered by someone who had tortured him when he was still teaching. 
 
After having ensured that the café was all locked up, Donghae turned to leave by the front door, only to bump into someone. Hyukjae. 
 
Visibly gulping his saliva down, Donghae stuttered. 
 
"Wh-What do you wa-want fr-from me? I'm...I'm sorry...Don't...hu...hurt me. Please. I'll...I'll do anything but...that." 
 
Hyukjae's face scrunched in confusion. Why was Donghae apologizing to him? What did he do wrong? Why was he so afraid of him?
 
Taking a step forward, Donghae visibly paled. Donghae backed away but realized he was trapped as he felt the coldness of the glass door. 
 
"What's wrong? Why are you so afraid of me? Did I do something wrong? Tell me, Donghae. Please. I've been searching for you for years, I think I have a right  to know. " Hyukjae pleaded. 
 
Shivering in fear, Donghae started to tear. Hyukjae saw it and it caused Hyukjae's heart to ache when he realized that he was the cause of those precious tears. 
 
Engulfing Donghae in a tight hug, Donghae broke down in tears, soaking Hyukjae's shirt. 
 
Sighing, Hyukjae rubbed Donghae's back soothingly in circles. 
 
"Just calm down. Tell me. Slowly. " Hyukjae consoled. 
 
"I'm sorry. I-I shouldn't have appeared, should I? I thought that perhaps you hated me so I did all kinds of things to avoid you. I-I went to America, trying to relax. It was then I decided to learn how to make pastries and do business. I stayed there for about 5 years before coming back to set up this café. I thought that perhaps if I didn't appear in front of you, it would have been better for both of us. You obviously weren't gay and you seemed to hate gays in general. So I thought that you wouldn't bother wanting to know where I was. So...I left." Donghae said as he slowly calmed down. 
 
Seeing that Hyukjae wasn't responding, Donghae thought that he was disgusted with him. He tried to free himself from Hyukjae's embrace but only felt the arms around him tighten. 
 
"Do you have any idea how much you worried me? Do you not like me at all? Why do you want to get away from me? I thought you had feelings for me. Or has that feeling faded?" Hyukjae finally spoke. 
 
"NO! No, it isn't like that. But I know you. You don't like me. You are disgusted with me, aren't you? You practically ab-abused me when I was still teaching. You made it clear that you had no feelings for me, hated me. You must have come back here to torture me again . You hate me, isn't it?" Donghae whispered. 
 
Hyukjae was stunned. Donghae thought he hated him? Yes, he made huge mistakes in the past but to find him just to torture him again? 
 
"No. No, I don't. I-I love you. I'm sorry for what I did in the past. I never realized how you could have affected my life until you left. I tried finding you but no one could tell me where you went. I'm sorry for what I did. If I could turn back the clock, I would. I wouldn't have treated you that way. I would have cherished you for what you are. You are the sunshine in my life. I-I'm sorry. I really am. " Hyukjae said, voice quivering. 
 
Donghae was shocked. Hyukjae loved him. He didn't know Hyukjae had this side of him. He always saw Hyukjae as someone cold and ruthless.
 
"What-what are you saying? You-you can't. You ha-hate me. You-" Donghae was interrupted by a pair of lips shutting him. Hyukjae was ki-kissing him! Hyukjae was kissing him with so much passion and gentleness that Donghae moaned. 
 
"Do you believe me now? I really do love you. I hope you can forgive me for what I did in the past. I promise to treat you like a treasure, treasure you, cherish you, protect you like I should have done in the past. " Hyukjae pleaded, eyes begging for forgiveness while showing love at the same time. 
 
"It will be hard for me to forget but I do forgive. I-I love you. " 
 
Hearing those words, Hyukjae couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. Unable to hold his happiness, he carried Donghae in his arms and twirled him around, causing Donghae to blush in embarrassment. Hyukjae shouted out to those who were listening. 
 
"DONGHAE LOVES ME! HE HAS AGREED TO BE MY BOYFRIEND! I'M THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!" Hyukjae shouted before kissing Donghae full on the lips. 
 

Hey guys~ finally managed to update this chapter! This is the second last chapter  Had writer's block for this one since its more fluffy than at and I'm not the person who can write good fluff XD I'll be going Vienna on thurs and be gone for at least a week so I'll try to update the last chapt by then~ love you all :D