After School & Dinner.

Impossible to Love

 

Daniel POV:

Me and Aria walked to class together. She didn’t even try to pull her hand away from mine the entire time while we were walking. I wonder if that means anything…

I don’t want to get my hopes up though. I’ve liked her for so long, it’s crazy.

Her hands were incredibly soft, I didn’t want to let go. When we got into the classroom, she tried to pull away and I just gripped her hand tighter until I walked her to her seat.

Throughout the class, I kept stealing glances at her. She’s just so beautiful.

When the class ended, we got all of our things together and walked toward my car. I opened the door for Aria and she got in, then I walked over to the driver’s side and got in as well.

I started the car and just thought about where I wanted to go before I started to drive. I thought of a place that we could go to together.

I started to drive toward kimbap place that we used to go to together a lot when we were in middle school.

I pull up to the place and park my car. We walk inside and greet the ahjusshi at the counter. He owns the place with his wife. It’s been a while since me and Aria have been here together.

“Oh! Daniel-ah, Aria-ah, what brings you two here today?” the ahjusshi says when we walk up to the counter. 

“First day of school.” I answer, smiling.

Me and Aria would usually come here after our first day at school.

“Ah, I see. I’ll start making your food then.” the ahjusshi says. 

“Kamsamnida.” I say.

Me and Aria go sit at a table.

“How did today go for you?” I ask Aria. 

“It was good, I had fun. How was your day?” she replies. 

“It was good, I’m glad that we had most of our classes together.” 

“Me too! Hopefully we have tomorrows classes together too.” 

“Yeah, hopefully.

“Here you two go.” the ahjusshi says as he sits our food down in the table. 

“Kamsamnida.” we both say.

We start eating our kimbap.

We talk as we eat, the ahjusshi comes and checks on us every once in a while when we’re eating, it’s nice.

When we finish eating, I get up to pay.

I walk up to the counter and get out my money but the ahjusshi stops me and tells me that it’s free.

“First day of your senior year, the kimbap is on me.” he smiles at me.

I smile back and walk to the table. Me and Aria say goodbye and get back into my car.

“Thanks Daniel-ah.” she says cutely as she buckles her seatbelt. 

“Anything for you.” I reply, pinching her cheek.

I start the car and drive to Aria’s house.

We decide to just hang out at her house, it’s nicer at her house anyways.

We get inside and go up to her room.

As soon as I put my bag down, her door opens, it’s her brother, Kikwang.

“Ah, oppa! Hi!” she exclaims, running over to hug him. 

“Hi Aria. Hey Daniel.” he waves at me, I wave back. “How was your first day?” 

“It was pretty good.” Aria says. “How was work?” 

“It was fine. I just came in to say hi, I’ll leave you two alone.” 

“Okay, wait, have you talked to mom yet?” 

“Yeah, she said she’ll be working late again tonight.” 

“Ugh, alright, I’ll go over to Daniel’s for dinner again.” 

“Okay, I’m gonna go do some work. I’ll talk to you later.”

He kisses her forehead and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.

“So you’re gonna eat at my house tonight?” I ask her, smirking. 

“Yes, is that a problem?” she retorts, placing her hands on her hips. 

“Of course not. You know my parents love you.” 

“Exactly. Let’s start our homework. It’s already past 4.” 

“Okay~”

We work on homework, mostly math and our language class. The math is what takes us the longest.

Around 6, we finish all of our work and decide to go to my house. Aria changes first though. That girl.

Aria POV:

After me and Daniel finish our homework, I change into jeans to go have dinner at his house. My shorts would not have been acceptable there.

After I finish changing, I go downstairs and see Daniel waiting for me by the front door.

We go to his car and drive to his house, which is only around the corner from my house.

We get inside his house and slip off our shoes, then go into the living room where we’re greeted by his parents and his younger sister.

“Annyeong!” I greet them back.

I go and sit on the couch next to his sister, and Daniel sits in between his parents.

“Is it okay if Aria eats dinner with us again, Umma?” Daniel asks.

His mom looks at me. “Working late again?”

I nod.

“Well of course you can eat with us, I made extra just in case. You guys go wash your hands and then we’ll all meet at the table.” his mom said.

I smiled and thanked her.

Me, Daniel, and his younger sister all went to the bathroom to wash our hands.

After we all washed our hands, we went to the dinner table and sat down. His dad was at one end, his mom at the other, me and Daniel on one side and his sister was sitting on the other.

Daniel’s mom cooked bulgolgi, kimchi, and white rice. I love Daniel’s mom’s bulgolgi, my mom can make it, just not as good.

We all eat and talk throughout dinner. I love eating dinner with them, it’s so welcoming and warm when I’m here.

It’s not like this at my house. A lot of things changed when my parents divorced and we moved here. But then I met Daniel, and I was happy with my like in Seoul. Daniel was the first person I met when I moved here. I was playing outside by myself and he came up to me and asked did I want to play with him. He had asked me in Korean and my Korean wasn’t all that good back then, and I asked “What?” in English. I didn’t know he could speak English until he started speaking in it.

Ever since that day, we would always hang out, and that was during the summer. When the school year started, we found out that we were in the same class together, and our friendship sky-rocketed from there.

We’ve never had and major fights, just minor arguments when we were younger.

I snap out of my thoughts and continue eating. Daniel elbows my side lightly, causing me to look at him.

“What?” I mouth. 

“You okay?” he mouths back.

I just nod and keep eating.

After dinner, Daniel walks me home, instead of wasting gas driving me.

“Today was fun.” I say as he walks me to my door. 

“Yeah it was, I’ll pick you up tomorrow. And it’s supposed to rain, so don’t walk out of your house wearing those shorts.” 

“What? Why not?” 

“Guys kept looking at you.” 

“So? Guys are supposed to look at me!” 

“Well…..ah, nevermind.” 

“Daniel, are you okay?” 

“I’m fine, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye Aria.”

He kisses my cheek as he gives me a hug.

I watch him walk away and I go inside my house when he’s out of my sight.

I really wonder what’s going on with him, it’s kinda weird.