Chapter 6.

Impossible to Love

 

Aria POV:

I wake up to my phone alarm going off.

Daniel’s arms are wrapped around my waist. I turn to look at his sleeping face and I smile. I gently pull his arms off of me and get out of the bed.

I make my way to the bathroom, only to hit Daniel’s dresser on the way.

“!” I whisper/scream.

I turn to make sure I didn’t wake Daniel up, and I didn’t. I go use the bathroom, brush my teeth and shower. I try not to take too much time putting on my clothes.

I finally finish and when I go back into Daniel’s room, he’s awake.

“Good morning.” he smiles at me. 

“Good morning.” I reply, getting out the things I need for my hair.

He goes into the bathroom to get dressed while I do my hair.

It doesn’t take Daniel that long to get ready, and I finish my hair when he comes back into the room.

“Ready to go eat breakfast?” he asks. 

“Yeah.”

I grab my school bag and books, then follow Daniel downstairs. We put our things by the door, then go into the kitchen.

“Good morning!” his mom says cheerfully. “Good morning.” me and Daniel both reply.

She hands us breakfast and we go sit down at the table and start eating.

We finish eating and leave for school.

“How did you sleep?” Daniel asks when we get into the car. 

“Fine, you?” 

“I slept fine as well.” 

“You okay?” 

“Yeah, why?” 

“You just seem kinda..I don’t know, weird or something.” 

“Haha, no, I’m fine, I promise.”

The rest of the ride to school is silent, but it’s not an awkward silence. I still feel like something is bothering him, or something like that, I don’t know.

We get into school and go to our first class. I see Soomi and walk over to her, I really want to know what’s been going on with her.

“Hey.” I say to her, standing in front of her desk.

She doesn’t even look up at me.

“Yah, Soomi! What’s with you?” I say, poking her forehead lightly.

She slaps my hand away. Whoa, she’s never hit me before.

“What the hell Soomi?! I just came over here to see why you haven’t been talking to me lately!”

She ignores me again.

I sigh, giving up, and walk back to a empty desk next to Daniel and Yoseob. I’ll ask Yoseob what’s going on with Soomi next class, he might know.

Since it’s English class, I just play games on my iPod instead of paying attention, the teacher doesn’t mind.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and look to see Daniel looking at me.

“Are you gonna go home today?” he asks me. 

“I don’t know.” I really don’t though. 

“You should. I’ll take you home after school, you need to talk to your mom.” 

“Whatever.” I go back to playing my game for the rest of class.

I was the first one out of that class, I just wanted to get away from Soomi as quickly as I could. I went straight to my Spanish class and sat at my desk, waiting for Yoseob.

He finally walked into the classroom and sat in his seat next to me.

“Hey Yoseob!” I greeted him. 

“Hi Aria.” he replied. 

“You okay?” 

“Yeah, you?” 

“Eh, could be better.” 

“Why?” 

“Soomi won’t talk to me.” I stated. 

“Oh yeah, right.” 

“Do you know why?” 

“Not really. You know how she is though, maybe this is just one of her phases. You know she’ll get over it soon.” 

“But even when I tried to talk today, she just straight up ignored me.” 

“Do you want me to talk to her?” 

“No, it’s okay. Daniel might be talking to her now in their French class. If not, I’ll just try talking to her again when we get in lunch.” 

“If that’s what you want.”

Class went by pretty fast and me and Yoseob walked to lunch together.

We meet up with Daniel, who’s sitting with Soomi. I don’t say anything to her and I sit beside Daniel. He goes and gets some food, Soomi goes with him and Yoseob stays at the table with me.

“Do you think she’ll talk to me any time soon?” I ask Yoseob. 

“I don’t know Aria, try talking to her again.” he replied. 

“I’ll see.”

We sit in silence until Daniel and Soomi get back with food. Daniel has mine and Yoseob’s and Soomi just has her own.

We all start eating in silence. It’s weird cause we’ve never been this quiet at lunch before. I decide to break the silence.

“Soomi-ah, what is with you? Why won’t you talk to me?” I say.

She doesn’t say anything.

I turn to Daniel. “Do you know why she won’t talk to me?” 

“Nope.” he shrugs his shoulders.

“Ugh.” I groan.

Soomi is still sitting at the table with us, just quietly eating her food.

“Hey Soomi.” I hear someone say.

I turn to see that it’s Jiyoung. I just roll my eyes and continuing eating, ignoring their conversation.

Daniel POV:

When Jiyoung comes over to our table to talk to Soomi, the expression on Aria’s face changes completely. I know how she feels about Jiyoung, she really can’t stand her.

I can hear bits and pieces of Jiyoung and Soomi’s conversation. They’re talking about Aria, of course. Jiyoung is always talking about Aria, spreading horrible rumors about her. That’s probably why Soomi hasn’t talked to Aria, Jiyoung most likely told Soomi something about Aria and Soomi believed her. I’d never believe anything Jiyoung says. Even if she said the sky was blue, I wouldn’t believe her.

Soomi ended up leaving the table and following after Jiyoung.

“I can’t believe those two.” I hear Aria say. 

“Did you hear anything they were talking about?” I ask her. 

“Nope, I blocked it out.” 

“Good. Do you want to know what they were talking about?” 

“I don’t care.”

That means she wants to know.

“They were talking about you.” 

“What about me?” 

“Something about a summer thing, and a guy. I don’t know exactly what they meant.” 

“Jiyoung is obviously lying. I was mostly with you and Yoseob this summer, besides when me and you went to America for two weeks.” 

“Yeah I know. I don’t get why she’s always starting stuff about you.” 

“You know why.” 

“Yeah I do, I still think it’s stupid though.” 

“It is stupid, but I’m glad you don’t let it upset you anymore.” 

“Why would I let it upset me?” 

“That’s my girl.” 

“Come on, let’s go to class.”

I noticed the time and lunch was over, time for history class.

We walked to history class and sat in our seats. The class went by pretty fast, but it was boring and the teacher assigned a project. I go paired with Soomi, Aria got paired with Jiyoung, and Yoseob is paired up with Dongwoon, another kid in our class.

We have to do a project about the Korean War. It’s pretty much a visual project and we have to put the conflict in our own words. Kinda stupid, but oh well. It’s due next week, meaning I have to work with Soomi this weekend.

Me and Aria walked out of the school and got into my car.

“Ugh! Why do I have to work with her?!” Aria groans when I start driving. 

“Well if it makes you feel any better, I have to work with Soomi!” 

“She’s probably happy about that.” I hear her mumble. 

“Hey! Don’t start with that again.” 

“Start with what? You know she likes you.” 

“Yeah, but she doesn’t know that I know she likes me.” 

“Whatever you say. Uh, where are we going?” 

“To your house, remember?”

She just groans again and I continue driving.